U.S. judge finds Texas voter ID law was intended to discriminate

reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-texas-idUSKBN17D059?il=0

A Texas law that requires voters to show identification before casting ballots was enacted with the intent to discriminate against black and Hispanic voters, a U.S. federal judge ruled on Monday.

The decision by U.S. District Judge Nelva Gonzales Ramos came after an appeals court last year said the 2011 law had an outsized impact on minority voters. The court sent the case back to Ramos to determine if lawmakers intentionally wrote the legislation to be discriminatory.

Ramos said in a 10-page decision that evidence "establishes that a discriminatory purpose was at least one of the substantial or motivating factors behind passage" of the measure.

"The terms of the bill were unduly strict," she added.

Spokesmen for Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton Jr. and Governor Greg Abbott, both Republicans, could not be reached for comment.

In January, after the Supreme Court declined to hear the case, Paxton said it was a common sense law to prevent voter fraud.

The ruling on voter ID comes about a month after two federal judges ruled that Texas lawmakers drew up three U.S. congressional districts to undermine the influence of Hispanic voters.

The measure requires voters to present photo identification such as a driver's license, passport or military ID card.

Plaintiffs have argued the law hits elderly and poorer voters, including minorities, hardest because they are less likely to have identification. They contend the measure is used by Republicans to suppress voters who typically align with Democrats.

The legislation has been in effect since 2011 despite the legal challenges.

--
Pic Unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marbury_v._Madison
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Niggers and spics have no problem providing voter id for welfare.

americans seriously eat that shit? jesus fucking christ. and then 'muh genetics' obviously is the reason.

also rolling.

There's a video of someone going around asking minorities if they have ID, and all of them were awestruck that anyone would think that voter ID laws discriminate against minorities. I'll see if I can find it.

yeah, it discriminates against illegals and people so fucking lazy that they can't even accomplish the task of getting a fucking ID every 5 - 7 years. Having some sort of valid ID should be one of the minimal requirements of adulthood

sorry sweetiekins those videos are all fake. they hire actors and cut out the parts that don't agree with their narrative.
can't believe I voted for this kind of racism

Repeat after me:

It is racist to need a driver's license to drive.

>an appeals court last year said the 2011 law had an outsized impact on minority voters.

Minorities must all be poor and stupid then, what a surprise.

>Judge Nelva Gonzales Ramos

>The decision by U.S. District Judge Nelva Gonzales Ramos

How do they buy booze without ID. I got ID'd into my 30s

>BLACKS AND SPICS ARE TOO STUPID TO GET DRIVERS LICENSES AND PASSPORTS
>THE OLDER YOU ARE THE LESS LIKELY IT IS YOU WOULD HAVE GOTTEN PHOTO ID
>nah ur the bigots though
really

>Nelva Gonzales Ramos

That's just first lunch ;)

> Nelva Gonzales Ramos

>U.S. District Judge Nelva Gonzales Ramos

Oh and I don't know if this was in the article but there was a provision in the ruling on the Voting Rights Act that gutted it that said if a court rules against a state that was previously supervised under the Act for discrimination the government can return control of those states' voting laws to judges (I believe that's right, someone can correct me if not).

>Shareblue-Crew-Sample-COPY-0-1.jpg

Wait, are you a shill or stupid?

> Judge Nelva Gonzales Ramos

>U.S. federal judge ruled on Monday.
Federal judges are hacks. Wait for SCOTUS.

they take 7 different types of id in Texas. Even if you can't afford the seven dollar fee or whatever it is for a drivers license there are other free forms of id so it isn't a poll tax

fpbp

How does someone do literally anything in life without ID?

GET AN ID CARD YOU FUCKING NIGGERS AND WETBACK CUNTS

Any judge named "Ramos" should be disbarred. I thought Texas knew better.

Supreme Court denied a hearing for this so it was actually a district judge who ruled on this.

tfw we have voter id here in canada

fpbp

If you're too stupid to be able to get a god damn photo ID then you should pretty much just be shot so we don't have to waste future resources on you

Judges need to be stopped.

THIS MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE
GOD DAMMIT OUR JUDICIAL BRANCH IS ROGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judges in USA usurped not only Executive power from Trump, they are also usurping Legislative power from congresses...

There is no more Democracy in USA, there is
CRINOCRACY
(rule of judges, injustice judgicial ''regime''...)

Democracy is about division of powers between columns, and judges ultimatelly MUST NOT have either executive or legislative power...

This had nothing to do with Congress. Try again.

Yep before we got a conservative majority....

Congress makes laws, not judges. Judges are starting to over step their bounds and make laws with their decisions.

/thread

Welfare? They have ID just so they can buy booze and cigs.

WTF i love KFC now

>starting
kek
learn your own history en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marbury_v._Madison

>spic judge sympathises with illegal immigrants
Well whaddya know

>chizza

>they take 7 different types of id in Texas. Even if you can't afford the seven dollar fee or whatever it is for a drivers license there are other free forms of id so it isn't a poll tax
It's like you don't understand the historical injusticias the minorities face when they try to interact with the policia state to acquire identificacion. Read a book.

kys

Yeah no shit, it's supposed to discriminate against those who don't have ID. It's the purpose of the law.

Judges are not immune from later judicial review by specially convened courts, etc. The Legislature can also write new law with no respect to precident.

How does this affect the 2018 and 2020 elections?

>VOTE ID IS BAD
>BUT GUN OWNERS MUST HAVE 4 IDS AND PAY $300 AND DO A BACKGROUND CHECK

MAN I would love to eat a Chiza

It will become a scotus decision before then

Also why are niggers in the US so retarded, everyone outside America has to show their ID to vote

so people who are too retarded / lazy to get an ID should be able to vote?

you need ID to buy tobacco, alcohol, to drive a car, to get a job, and to prove your identity. And yet it's somehow racist to require ID to vote?

???????????????????????

Can you please learn to detect sarcasm or fuck off? Cheers.

>Texas voter ID law was intended to discriminate

No fucking shit?

country of the free and home of the brave

I'm pretty sure that Texas' Voter ID law has already been challenged before SCOTUS and upheld.

Other states wanting to enact Voter ID literally copy-pasted their law as a result.

With Gorsuch on the bench now it just means the law will be upheld yet again.

>tfw you had to pay $135 to be able to wait 30 days to get a license to purchase a handgun so you can buy a handgun and come back to pick it up seven days later and can't buy your next handgun for another 30 days after picking up the first one

What is it with liberal judges and doing anything possible to avoid recusing themselves from a case?

Anyways any thoughts on this

?

>Nelva Gonzales Ramos

take a snake

put it in a barn

it has a babby

that babby is a horse

this is the west's immigration policy.

which state hombre

Kek. It's amusing to see muricans fighting for their voting freedom despite not being technically American.

>Chizza
How the fuck is this supposed to be pronounced?
>Chee-za?
>Cheet-za?
>Chit-za?
>Chi-za?
Seriously, I can't figure it out.

>image with title
Report to your supervisor for up-training, Brockpuppet.

O U T E D
U
T
E
D

Its chicken pizza you animal, how the fuck do you pronounce chicken

obviously it's however you say pizza but with ch sound in front.

PURGE THE JUDICIARY

>U.S. District Judge Nelva Gonzales Ramos

Surely there's no conflict of interest here...

I am so fucking sick of this country.

IT ISN'T DISCRIMINATION TO ASK TO SEE A FUCKING ID BEFORE YOU ARE ALLOWED TO VOTE. FUCK THE FUCKING DEMOCRATS FUCK THEM TO DEATH.

I'm okay with this desu

Murderla-, er, Maryland.

>Nelva Gonzales Ramos

Color me surprised

You need ID for;
A bank account
To buy cigarettes or liquor
Buy a cashiers check
Send money through, or revive money from, any wire service (western union)
Cash a check
Drive
Take a flight
Any form of credit
To rent anything from a car to a saw
Get a job
Get any social assistance (welfare, ssn, Medicaid, section 8 housing)
+1000 other things

Kinda blows your argument to shit.

Texas is truly hell on earth. It's not even that bad in Florida
>Wait 3 business days, buy as many as you want, no cooldowns
I mean, we're not good, but we're not as bad as your state.

You guys ruined NoVA.

but images with titles can be fun user

It'd be a real shame if they implemented a law that discriminates....

against people unable to meed to most basic measures of civic diligence.

Actually I just remembered the state in SCOTUS was Indiana.

Texas' law isn't drastically different however.

That said PA's law got invalidated by some dickweed judge and the cuck Governor refused to challenge it.

but howww
How is this argument different from that picture of the black guy saying "computers are racist bcuz da brothas aint intelligent enough to use them"?

No, DC ruined both banks of the Potomac.

Yeah, I'm sure this is 100% unbiased.

Checked.

Yes, it's a responsibility and intelligence test.

If you aren't responsible or intelligent enough to obtain a valid ID I don't want you voting on anything. Only mental deficiants and criminals have a problem with it.

Oh no! You have to get high school transcripts and a social security card to get an ID. Or an ID and transcript to get a social security card.

Fuck simpletons

well I call "lawmakers" as "congresses", with lower-case "c" as purely a general idea of who is or should be a "lawmaker" ...

THIS

>Nelva Gonzales Ramos

>US Judge

These leftist fucks are strategically placed

He won't understand, I'm afraid. Have another one

Who has reviewed court's decision of destroying US sovereignty by preventing Trumps 'muslim' ban?
Was perfect in accordance with the law (1182 or a similar number) and it was an act of sovereignty, of country's ability to rule over it's own territory.If Trump could defend that, it would have far and positive international consequences.
If (((judges))) turned into self-imposed "government" by taking executive decision to destroy sovereignty, they damaged the idea of "sovereignty" worldwide.

Same now with Democracy and Elections. Voter ID with photography is the only valid possibility for fair elections in sovereign countries and all really democratic ones implement that. (Beside India or Africa and similar shitholes, where they just dip man's finger into color, so that he does not elect twice... At least that, but this type of fraud is also widely possible in USA.)
Just USA where is only a demo-version of democracy, cooked 200 years ago and really outdated, there is wide space for voter frauds by foreigners.
Inability to close this voter-fraud space, again by judges usurping legislative power and destroying sovereignty of a country by allowing foreigners to vote in an election farce, looks truly ridickulous from point of view of country with real democracy and not that farce as you have there...

(Just consider, that in my country, there is absolutely no space for any type of voter fraud, not even by government even if they were rogue and wanted to cheat. The good System is prone to any cheating attempt, because it is sufficiently transparent and checked on all levels from bottom to top by grassroot volunteers from both opposition camps. Nothing like a voting machine, that theoretically could cheat and noone could verify that. All voters pre-registered and verified. All ballots counted by all side's verifiers and all numbers from each small district transparent in a public database system. You could only dream of a "safe" election system.)

Anyone gonna comment on the relevance of this to restoring the gutted Voting Rights Act?

How do we stop it?

> Nelva Maria Gonzales Alvarado Ramos Hurtado Ruiz

Its not a Texas judge its a Federal judge

(cont)
Then consider NY or Commiephornia, where there are reported cases, that democrats take busses of voters arround to vote multiple times on east, and millions of foreigner voters on the west...
Let them have any farce system they like, because their outcome is clear in advance. It's not even worth going to cast republican ballot in those states, because it just does not count...
(How does it feel to be completely disenfranchised republican in these "blue" states?)

Well, but in the battleground states, whose ballots only count, it is important to have a fair election system, that prevents foreigner fraud and multiple-voting frauds, and possibly hacked or rogue-vendor machine frauds etc...

((Which is a main reason for elector system. The rogue state does not steal any more, than is his fair share... Same applies in European union, where in elections to Euro-parliament, our country can steal only our fair share of 21 seats regardless of how rigged or rogue our system was. Pure "majotity" voting system can be imposed only there, where there are uniform and fair election laws...))

> "majority" system...

It seems I've falsely accused India of having bush-style voting system of just dipping finger into color (it's probably Pakistan or Afghanistan - I'm not sure), while even there in India is a fair election system with voter IDs...

Just in the country, where there is so much democracy that it can be exported worldwide, there can foreigners vote even multiple times, so that 51:49 elected monarch (ehm. "President") can have an absolute power, limited only by unelected and uncontrollable judges...

naaaah goyim if you import a bunch of spics they will work in the best interest of north american whites so don't let the flood break off

White nationalism.

Race and genes > everything else

Remove shit judges when?

Seriously these people would be hanged as traitors if they had any other profession.