WEAPONS OF LAST RESORT

What weapon of last resort your country have?

These two confirmed for Russia:
>Dead Hand
>Dead Hand (Russian: Cиcтeмa «Пepимeтp», Systema "Perimetr", lit. "Perimeter" System, with the GRAU Index 15E601, Cyrillic: 15Э601),[1] also known as Perimeter,[2] was a Cold-War-era automatic nuclear-control system used by the Soviet Union.[3] General speculation from insiders alleges that the system remains in use in post-Soviet Russia.[4] An example of fail-deadly and mutual assured destruction deterrence, it can automatically trigger the launch of the Russian intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) by sending a pre-entered highest-authority order from the General Staff of the Armed Forces, Strategic Missile Force Management to command posts and individual silos if a nuclear strike is detected by seismic, light, radioactivity, and overpressure sensors even with the commanding elements fully destroyed.

>Status-6
>In 2015, informations emerged that Russia may be developing a new up to 100 MT[11] nuclear torpedo, the Status-6 Ocean Multipurpose System,[12][13][14] codenamed „Kanyon“ by Pentagon officials.[15][16] This weapon is designed to create a tsunami wave up to 500 m tall that will radioactively contaminate a wide area on an enemy coasts with cobalt-60, and to be immune to anti-missile defense systems such as laser weapons and railguns that might disable an ICBM.[13][14][16][17][18] Two potential carrier submarines, the Project 09852 Oscar-class submarine Belgorod, and the Project 09851 Yasen-class submarine Khabarovsk, are new boats laid down in 2012 and 2014 respectively.[15][16][19][20] Status 6 appears to be a deterrent weapon of last resort.[18][19][20]

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Pluto
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trident_nuclear_programme
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

local wildlife

russia has satan 2 its fukin awesome

also nukes I guess.

2nd Amendment

No they don't.

/jp/, my name is Kenichi Smith.

I'm a 27 year old Japanese Toonaholic (Cartoon fan for you foreigners). I draw cartoons and comics on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior American games. (Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty)

I train with my 1911 every day, this superior weapon can shoot straight through steel because it kicks ass, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my gun license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak English fluently, both the Midwestern and the East Coast accents, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about American history and their Constitution, which I follow 100%

When I get my American visa, I am moving to New York to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Nickelodeon or a game designer!

I own several cowboy outfits, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to America, so I can fit in easier. I keep cool to my elders and seniors and speak English as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in America!

Butt plugs

>muh development of scary unstoppable doomsday superweapons

sure thing bro

>Wildlife
But I thought Abos were considered fauna

Good luck

Intercontinental ballistic kitchen knives

gypsies

Mountains and cold weather

We're nuclear free so we're fucked.

Our last resort is urban warfare, we have an army of bogans in Hamilton armed with shitty cars, shitty music and bad breath that could hold off an invading army for about 5 minutes by hiding in the aisles of the local warehouse and throwing discounted dvd's at the invaders.

Don't joke around. Just one abo in your busiest train station will decimate the entire cigarette butt population.

sexy niggers with a huge ass that'll race mix with you snd everyone around you, making your country slowly go to shit

>implying AR-15's will be able to deflect nuclear warheads aimed directly for your foreheads

2A fags BTFO

Yellowstone Supervolcano.

>100 MT[11] nuclear torpedo,
Please use this on the west coast. No Gulf of Texas though plz. Once USA starts to fall we're getting out.

op, that's why we should have finished the job in 1945 and went on into Russia to conquer and subdue it. Huge mistake not doing so.

if an enemy hit that he would be dooming his entire people to a superweapon-test-site hell

You should bin them you know

this

if all else fails we can still revive mecha hitler!

Dead hand does not exist.

Also, Status 6 does not exist. 100MT is an insane yield and almost impossible to detonate. The Tsar Bomba pretty much was the upper limit of what is possible to squeeze out of a nuclear weapon.

Hmm, something like that could break orbit and then return and be unstoppable. We already have some of those chilling in space somewhere, don't we?

We can flood large parts of the Netherlands.

Minuteman III

No. They were never developed because ICBMs became wholly viable.

Also, check out Project Orion. Really insane stuff. The idea was to have 3 space battleships that rotated shifts and carried hundreds of nuclear missiles.

Apathy to our own demise.

we stop paying our telly licences and the outside world can't watch Dr. Who anymore

leave gibraltar alone or this is what happens

> In order to reach ramjet speed, it would be launched from the ground by a cluster of conventional rocket boosters. Once it reached cruising altitude and was far away from populated areas, the nuclear reactor would be made critical. Since nuclear power gave it almost unlimited range, the missile could cruise in circles over the ocean until ordered "down to the deck" for its supersonic dash to targets in the Soviet Union. The SLAM as proposed would carry a payload of many nuclear weapons to be dropped on multiple targets, making the cruise missile into an unmanned bomber. After delivering all its warheads, the missile could then spend weeks flying over populated areas at low altitudes, causing tremendous ground damage with its shock wave. When it finally lost enough power to fly, and crash-landed, the engine would have a good chance of spewing deadly radiation for months to come.
jeez

I knew we once tried to power space rockets by nuclear explosions but I didn't know about this literal hell machine.

Don't feel too bad, you're working on a second amendment. It can't be all bad.

We have OVER TWO HUNDRED lightly armed coastal guardsmen who ARE NOT afraid to smile and wave

We've got all our subs full of nukes, and each one has a handwritten letter to the captain from the prime minister with instructions telling them what to do in case Britain falls. They've never been opened, but instructions are typically expected to range from "join up with an ally" to "do what you think is best" to "fucking destroy the world"

>They were never developed because ICBMs became wholly viable.
ICBMs don't rape a nation with the kind of capabilities Project Pluto is supposed to have. I guess we aren't trying to hold entire enemy nations under that kind of an unrelenting hellish siege anymore but quickly dropping nukes on multiple targets across a large country before wrecking cities across a nation with low altitude high speed shockwaves for weeks spewing radiation the whole time all with one fucking missile is brilliant.

/IcelandInvasionGeneral/ when?

They sound cute tho

Well, wtf are you waiting for?

You'd need a lot more than 100mt to cause a 500 metre tsunami.

But since you asked, we've got a Dead Hand system which will release amphibious capable attack Emus on every other nation on earth.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option

Samson Option, basically Israel's nuclear policy of mutually assured destruction. It's extremely Jewish however, because many commentators assume that it's actually meant to pressure not only Israel's enemies in to not destroying us but actually the world into pressuring specific countries not to do the same, by threatening to basically nuke the entire world if shit goes down.

What would serve the Jew-hating world better in repayment for thousands of years of massacres but a Nuclear Winter. Or invite all those tut-tutting European statesmen and peace activists to join us in the ovens? For the first time in history, a people facing extermination while the world either cackles or looks away—unlike the Armenians, Tibetans, World War II European Jews or Rwandans—have the power to destroy the world. The ultimate justice?[27]

Rosenbaum writes in his 2012 book How the End Begins: The Road to a Nuclear World War III that, in his opinion, in the "aftermath of a second Holocaust", Israel could "bring down the pillars of the world (attack Moscow and European capitals for instance)" as well as the "holy places of Islam." He writes that "abandonment of proportionality is the essence" of the Samson Option[dubious ].[28]

We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets for our air force. Let me quote General Moshe Dayan: 'Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother.'

>

Go ahead, with our population density of eight people per square mile you'd be in for quite the game of hide and seek.

no you just need more deuterium and tritium to fuse together

this is why fusion bombs have no upper threshold because of the 14.1 MeV released by each fusion and you only needing intense heat to self-perpetuate the supercritical chain reaction.

Underrated

Bad teeth breath

>"cold"

btw, we have boredom and eventual mudslime spillover from infested high concentration locations

how about a oceanic rift strike?
this kind of shit is why you always get kicked to the curb merchant

>The idea was to have 3 space battleships that rotated shifts and carried hundreds of nuclear missiles.
Are you telling me we were THIS close to starting the Gundam timeline?

>implying it doesn't happen later in the future anyways

We have weaponized depressive folk songs

wtf I love iceland now

Look at the role of the missile: go far away and blow stuff up.

ICMBs were found to do that more efficiently, cheaper, and be harder to shoot down. That's what I mean.

This thing was dreamed up before ICBMs were mainstream.

It was a really goddamn genius design for the role though.

You aren't wrong but while the theoretical limit is the sky, the practical limit is somewhere in the range of the Tsar Bomba which was 54Mt.

this, I think

Good point. Would still make a great doomsday weapon to unleash when you may as well throw everything you've got at someone. Not sure if that's something that they would spend black budget money on though. It IS a civilization leveler though. Could send our own country back to the stone age with that shit.

>fauna literally is wildlife
>American education hard at work

Pretty much.

Also, it carried smaller nukes to propel itself. It was designed around Nuclear Pulse Propulsion.

It was also, along with nuclear missiles, designed to carry Casaba-Howitzers which is basically a nuke stuffed in a concrete case with a large tungsten plate at one end. When the nuke goes off it was supposed to plasmify the tungsten and basically vaporize whatever it hit.

The Casaba-Howitzers were also designed as a ground-to-orbit weapon to melt whatever the Soviets put in space.

That is very true but I think in the future nuclear weapons wont be made to be airburst like the tsar bomba

I believe they will be made to be like fucking bunker busters which uproot entire fucking cities after they penetrate the concrete for 60+ meters

>Casaba-Howitzers
>still classified
I think I get how our missile defense systems may work now. Fucking anime weapons.

We already have those.

The current US gravity-bomb is the B-61 Mod 11 Variable Yield Nuclear Weapon is specifically designed to be a ground penetrating bomb to destroy entrenched targets.

Nukes aren't really designed to be used against cities though.

Hello Quebec.

>nukes aren't designed to be used against cities

And the NSA is there just to catch terrorists

fission nukes were a what-if against city-targets.

But after tokyos firebombing and the clear concise ease of Nagaski/Hiroshima, nuclear weapons seriously became the primary weapon, because firebombs wont melt the paint off of something 2 miles away and light wooden electrical poles on fire.

After ww2 nukes became the new firebomb/napalm but just much much much more taboo because of the difficulty to separate u235 from u238 and the teller-ulam design was classified for so long

Nukes have been getting smaller and more accurate.

Population centers aren't really important targets if you can decapitate their military.

Why send 1 5Mt bomb on a missile to destroy a city when you can send 8 350kt bombs on the same single missile to destroy specific military targets in that city? Or outside the city? Or wherever you want?

It's pretty cool. Accuracy for the never American warheads are measured in meters where the first ones were measured in kilometers, hence why they were so big.

If you want to kill something and the closest you may get is a kilometer away, better make the mom big enough to kill shit in a kilometer or more radius.

Don't get me wrong, nukes are great at killing lots of people, but see my explanation here

Fuck. Goddamn auto-correct.

Newer* bomb*

yeah but thats what MIRVs are for and what they were initially designed to do

and unlike the pluto design they actually have been tested to fucking work.

Project Orion was about propulsion dumbie.

It was however awesome.

>The biggest design above is the "super" Orion design; at 8 million tonnes, it could easily be a city.[12] In interviews, the designers contemplated the large ship as a possible interstellar ark. This extreme design could be built with materials and techniques that could be obtained in 1958 or were anticipated to be available shortly after.

Fucking hell. Imagine that, we could have had an interstellar 8 million tonne ark up in space even 50 years ago.

How did you get the nukes though, did you build them yourself or your best ally is so compromised it does not even mind breaking non-proliferation treaty?

Population centres are important.
Viz: GW1 baghdad bombing campaign

Less than 500 civi deaths after more explosive dropped than dresden. Only mil targets yet the population realised this and just waited it out and could even still play in the streets. The Hussein regime recognised this early on too and hid out in amongst residential buildings until the bombs stopped. 5 mins after victory in Iraq, Saddam was back to his old business with almost no rebuild required

Pic related was created by a nuclear bomb with a payload of 18kts

The United Kingdom's last resort is Trident, which is both the name of the program and the name of the missile.
We have four Ballistic submarines, the Vanguard class(with approval to build a new modern replacement being found last year resulting in the construction of four Dreadnought class)
Each of the four submarines can carry 16 Trident Missiles
Each of the 16 missiles has within it 12 warheads
Each warhead has a payload of 475kts

Each submarine then has the destructive force of around 90,000kts.
Again, pic related was caused by 18kts

You don't have even a thousandth of the nukes that would be required to put more than a small scratch on the world at large.

The Tsar Bomba was a 100MT bomb artificially dialled back to 50MT when they realised an 100MT detonation just wouldn't be manageable.

>abandoned for political reasons
My fucking ass they shelved it.
Any nuclear power that doesn't have at least a dozen of these is preemptively fucked.

>Mach 10 at treetop level, spewing radioactive exaust
>for MONTHS
>tossing a dozen nukes
>later crashes and continues to spew radiation for decades
Truly a doomsday weapon.

KEK MY LIFE INTO PIECES
THIS IS MY LAST RESORT

It was designed to be 100Mt and they realized that they had probable detonation issues so they remade it as 54Mt.

They would not have been able to detonate that size of a bomb.

Sounds fake but okay

It serves no purpose.

ICBMs filled the same role.

No, they just replaced the last stage's uranium tamper with a lead tamper to dampen the yield, because they figured out it was literally impossible for a plane to get far enough away from a 100MT bomb before it explodes, and also from concern about fallout issues. Even 54MT fucked a lotta shit up.

Again, you're not wrong, but I have strong doubts that they would have been able to detonate the bomb fast enough to use up 100% of the material.

Not to mention that the there is pretty much no reason to have a bomb that big.

Was cool as shit though.

>Iran makes a nuke, tells Israel no bully plz
>Samson Option enabled
>first globally banned religion
>first universally 'open season designated' race of people

We would chase you to the ends of creation.
Don't fuck with us.

>Sounds fake
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trident_nuclear_programme

drunk suicidal people.

It was because of delivery issues, not detonation
They had to modify the biggest bomber to carry that one, if it was even bigger, it would just not take off

There is, actually. Only truly viable, back then, mean of delivering nukes method was by planes, and the chance of one getting past AA was quite low, so our military simply went with trying to make a bomb so big, if even one gets past the anti-air, it'll obliterate the target.

>that they would have been able to detonate the bomb fast enough to use up 100% of the material.

they don't need 100% of the material to go supercritical for a 50mt bomb.

Yeah, ten 10MT bombs is just better in every way to a single 100MT bomb. It was never designed to be actually used in combat, but rather as a show of strength and propaganda victory.

Literally WHY did USA and Britain go against Germany and not against USSR

This literally makes no sense considering what followed.

An ICBM could be potentially intercepted by a variety of weaponry in their trajectory arc.

A nuclear SLAMjet would be almost impossible to shoot down with current tech, you'd have to drop a nuke in it's path, and even that would be like trying to slap a gnat out of the air.

It's like something from an alien invasion horror story.

No, it would not have weighed any more had it included a last stage uranium tamper, essentially doubling its yield.

The best fusion bombs produce around 6MT of yield per tonne of bomb mass. This was essentially a 100MT bomb and came out at 27 tonnes. It's bloody heavy. But even with the 54MT yield, and even from an extremely high altitude plus a big parachute to delay the detonation as much as possible, the plane that delivered it only got away by the slimmest of margins.

your nuke torps are there to sink carriers faster then a a normal torp strike would.

In the past 3 mk 48 where needed to sink a carrier but the burgers upgrade there carriers so more toprs are needed hence bigger booms are needed to sink said carriers.

only natural to do so.

Because Russia didn't invade any of France or Britain's allies.
Poland was under a treaty similar to todays NATO where if they were attacked her allies had to come to her aid.

America had nothing to do with it, until it became apparent that if Europe were to fall then the axis would have came for America and by this point Spain and her allies would have been forced into the war on the Germans side (which would include Mexico and probably Brazil if the Portuguese were absorbed)
America really just wanted to play support during the war and make a shit load of cash, it was only (((thanks))) to ((((pearl harbour))) and the likelyhood of Russia actually beating the Nazis back while the invasion of Britain failed that they decided it was better to be on the right side of history and actually get stuck in before the war was over.