MERELY A COINCIDENCE

I wonder if its merely a coincidence that it is the Carl Vinson steaming towards Korea...
Flashback, May 2011. The USS Carl Vinson. On board are elite operators and a mutilated corpse of a reclusive megalomaniac. After reciting a few prayers and many lulz...corpse is dumped into the ocean

i've always wondered, do the planes fall of the side during a storm?

Yeah they have to keep replacing them after bad weather, they just fly new ones in, they leave a trail of fighter jets on the sea bed. waste of money if you ask me.

Yes. They have to fly in new ones all the time, that's why carriers are so expensive.

they tie them down, most planes are in the hanger at any given time too

what a fucking moron

It used to be worse, before they made aircraft carriers they had tanks carriers. Eisenhower was a crazy man and despite several thousand deaths he never gave up on making tanks fly.

the seabed is littered with planes that fall off the side during bad weather

costs add up after a while

nah, during the storm they fly, when the waves and the swell are gone, they land again

>fpbp /thread double digits kek wills it

They throw the planes overboard when they know a storm is coming. This allows the boat to travel faster and avoid storms.

mate on UK carriers the entire thing is a neverending ramp, also known as a bowl, how can they know how superior US aircraft carriers work?

don't forget about the WW2 glider fiasco

>make big gliders out of wood
>put a few dozen men into them and send them over enemy territory
>after literally tens of thousands of people die sweep it under the rug and never talk about it again

with the exception of the F-35B that hovers in place over the aircraft carrier

they have anti-weather guns that shoot storms, dumbass

Who are you referring to, OP?

Osama bin Laden died in early 2000 do you do kidney failure or pancreas or whatever the fuck you call that bullshit

get it right, they fire their AA guns and missiles in the direction of the storm's retrograde, thus slowing down the storm and eventually stopping it. when a cyclone comes they rotate rapidly on the spot and do the same thing.

not sure if trolling
but that's complete bullshit
aircraft carriers have hangars under the flight deck, you fucking idiot
aircraft that don't fit in the hangar are secured on the deck with straps/chains.

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORL

>Flashback, May 2011. The USS Carl Vinson. On board are elite operators and a mutilated corpse of a reclusive megalomaniac. After reciting a few prayers and many lulz...corpse is dumped into the ocean

Good goy.

Not sure what is going on in this thread, but please continue why I try to find my sides

no they don't, all of the people in the carrier come out and form a human chain to hold down the planes. the navy just likes abbreviations so they just use the word "chain"

>ywn work at Carl Vinson/Bush/Reagan aircraft carrier
jdimsa..

yes and also, if it rains too much the ship sinks.

this is why it's imperative we design a fully submersible aircraft

You know its bad when Mexico has to redpill you.

a fully submersible aircraft carrier submarine that can fly too is even better

Kys

been there done that

an submersible aircraft carrier on the other hand wouldn't be very submersible due to pressure n sheit, so the enemy would see it coming from a mile off

You know those pads on destroyers ? During inclement weather they can hold one F/A-18 per ship. That's what composes a carrier battle group.

bullshit.

see this guy?

he's a chain monkey. when storms are coming they lash a few of these fuckers to the bomb racks to weight down the jets

also when the weather gets really bad they flood the cockpits with seawater to add more weight to the planes, even when it decreases the stability of the vessel

how does it land?

planned obsolescence. fucking joo-corporate bastards

I dunno, he doesn't look heavy enough to hold down the planes. If the storm is gonna blow away planes weighing several tons, what difference will 150-200lbs make?

Very carefully.

Negative counter-balance.

The Navy learned this trick with midgets during the Boar Incursion of 1889.

Like a cantilever?

I love you Sup Forums

During a storm they turn the ship upside down to save the planes.

yes, as a last resort, the jet engines must be running though, for propulsion that is

Those are display planes so the real ones dont get stolen by pirates, or get shit on by birds.

its shit like this that makes me stay

OPSEC motherfucker

>the russians are watching

>still using human operated planes

What is this the stone age?