Just finished my taxes

>Just finished my taxes
>Getting $300 back
Why do people say taxes are theft again?

LOL, you got back the $300 that you OVERPAID and the government got to use interest free for a year. Good job

god i hope this is bait

Just had to pay $65,000

At least you aren't me. I gave the government $870 more than my tax obligation.

Because people don't understand how society works. Soon they will, as the lack of infrastructure will send the US into the shit-tier level of countries, along with Kangzanias and Islamistans.

What do you think?
I didn't really make that much since it was just a temp summer position. Full time though, the government gets thousands from you.
I like when the big government daddy rams my poop chute.

No but income taxes are the most inefficient form of taxation

You didn't clarify this enough. Try harder next time.

For example: did you pay 1,900 in federal taxes and get 300 back or did you pay 78 in federal taxes and get 300 back? There's a big difference. In the latter case, you're the thief.

because you fund pic related

Jim and Josh agree that you existing near them means you consent to being subject to their arbitrary whims. They take anything they want from you at any time. Occasionally they decide to throw scraps back at you.
>WOAH IT'S NOT THEFT ANYMORE xD

Taxes have been high for decades, yet roads are in disrepair and schools are failing. Seems we are being ripped off since nothing is getting done.

Educating them and offering them abortions would probably reduce their birthrates by a lot. Instead right wingers promote a system that keeps them fucking like rabbits and with no incentive to stop.

Blame the right wing (including democrat) budgets that give money to the industrial military complex and to shit lobbies instead of spending it on infrastructure that would actually create jobs.

Or - alternatively - people can pay for things themselves, without a worthless third party that scrapes off the top. Like they do with *everything else in their lives*.

Holy shit, being this new to Sup Forums

>mfw didnt even have to file taxes since i made less then 10k

LMAO @ nerds who arent leeching

there not bro,
i tell you what, send me $10000
and in 12 months give you $300
sound fair?

Here is a small redpill for you my liberal friend, without the US military imposing its will upon other country's our Petro dollar would be worthless, we essentially hold most of the world hostage with it, and the day that Oil requires US currency to purchase is the day we go under. Is it good? No, is it moral no, but that is the reality, we are holding a gun to the rest of the worlds head and they ours, the only question is who blinks first.

*stops requiring US currency

Sure, you're getting $300 back, but look at your last check/statement and look at that little "to date" part by the taxes.

>a fucking frogposter

So how do you pay for big works? You pool money? And who collects that money? Lunacy.

Where the fuck do people like you come from? The day when reality merges with cancer-riddled minds like yours is a day myself and everyone here is beyond impatient for. Keep living in ignorance you delicate flower

Education is already a black hole as far as taxes go. Slash benefits that allow them to use the state to fund them and their bastards.

Yes, I'm the ignorant one, never mind the decades of research showing how to reduce chimp behavior in ways other than genocide.

You just gave them your money for free then dumbass.

It's obviously not working for about half of America, that much is true. But that was the plan of the oligarchs. They want obedient tools, not critical thinkers.

I got about the same amount as savings bond.
Good decision or bad?

>Getting $300 back

No you just gave the government a no interest loan for $300 by paying more in payroll taxes than was necessary.

>There are people who are unironically against tax
Where will the money get its money from to fund services then you stupids???

You're actually a moron. We have the strongest economy in the world which is reflected in the strength of our currency. The dollar is not made stronger by the trillions and trillions of dollars we piss away gaining absolutely nothing in the military.

You operate a meat processing plant. You require that goods get from point A to point B. You can A) sit around, twiddle your thumbs, and waste away in confusion over the fact that you're not forcibly having your money stolen and used to pay construction companies to build roads that you require to transport goods to and from your facility, or B) you can do something about it yourself.

What's lunacy is you thinking A) is what people would do.

>be young man
>every year get 100% of federal withholding back
>this year have two jobs at once
>planning my 2k purchase with my totals federal withholding I expect to get back
>getting back only 400

I-I-I messed up right?

CPA here. That your quarterly estimate or the year end true up?? Guessing you work in finance.

I'm telling you now, no amount of money you decide to throw on the trash fire that is public education will make it any more effective in a meaningful way. People are born with different proclivities and flaws. The only force at work here is either nature or God.

Just be fucking thankful you got money back, single male working one job had to PAY $600. They punish you for not having kids. God.

It will barely keep up with inflation, so yes.

>had to pay tax
are you self employed or something?

I think he is talking in addition to his federal withholding

All other years I made

babbys first tax season

how much did you pay for the entire year?
If you're getting money back you more than likely make under 6 figures - and with 0 dependents you probably pay near 17% - 24% in taxes throughout the hear (Lets keep it at 20 for sake of math)

You make say 40k a year
You pay 8k a year in taxes
You get back $300 when you do your taxes
You make a thread thinking you're making out great.

To give you an idea I make about 95k a year and Pay about 27k a year in taxes. With my child, child care, health care, mileage, gas, equipment, etc expenses I get about $2000 back at the end of the year and pay roughly $25k in taxes

I pay $1,000 a month for my sons and my health care
I pay $2500 a month in Rent
I pay $1200 a month for child care
I pay about $20k to operate my business a year (Assets, equipment, mileage, gas, etc.)

at the end of the year I save maybe 10k which is sad... if I only paid taxes for what I used I would pay maybe 12% in taxes - and save about 13% - meaning instead of saving 10k a year I would save 20k+ a year .... so you see Taxes for some people are a rip off
I'm picking up the slack of those who cannot afford Healthcare, Abortions, Housing, etc.. I don't mind it.. but would like it if I only paid for what I used.

I always give my return back to the provincial government because I know we are in debt and I want to help

That's how you end up with a little Africa in every city with emaciated niggers baking mud cakes

Where do you get money to fund yourself stupid? Can you tax? But do you still have money?

>paid $20,000 in income tax
>Got a refund of $300
>Paid $19,700 in income tax
>Thinks he paid -$300 in income tax
KYS
sage

I got $5000 back. Of course, I paid over $70,000 in income taxes in 2016.

Taxation is literally theft.

Basic literacy is the only basic education people require. Nothing else learned has any essential correlation with people's abilities to be productive for themselves at all.

I just finished my taxes and I paid over $6000 and had to pay a $70 penalty and almost went into the 33% bracket.

Moral of the story: Never make to much money.