Disucssion of death in society

I would like to discuss three topics with you, Sup Forums.
What do you think about doctor-assisted suicide, abortion and the death penalty?

>doctor-assisted suicide
I think it should be legal, with proper psychological evaluation. People living with horrible conditions that make life a miserable existence should have the opportunity to pass away in a comfortable environment. Not by hanging themselves, drugging themselves into a painful death, slitting their wrists, jumping off a building, or shooting themselves. Then their family members find them in that pathetic and disgusting state. I think it should be allowed.
Choosing to die by Terry Pratchett is a marvelous movie on the subject. I advise watching it, but prepare for feels.

>abortion
The only debate here is the Christian idea about unborn fetuses already being considered to be a living being, and abortion is unethical due to this. It's a wishy-washy argument and I would like to read your opinions on this. I believe, since we can't really prove, or disprove this, that abortion should be allowed, so that people who made one mistake in their lives should not have to live with it for the rest of their lives, and their kids should not have to suffer, because of this.

>death penalty
It costs more to keep murderous monsters on death row than it does to keep them in prison.
What does Sup Forums think? I'm genuinely curious, and would like to see the general consensus about these subjects.

Giving myself on bump, in hopes of satiating my curiosity and getting replies.

>doctor-assisted suicide
Better than kys

Anyone at any time should be allowed to clock out if they want to, fuck the psychoevaluation shit.

What about angsty 18 year-olds, who just don't know any better?

all your mentioned issues would be non issues in civilized society. The idea that they are entertained signals about some very devious military deception being implemented to encrypt next generation genocide and holocaust in this CIA lemon party gestapo.

>doctor-assisted suicide
A real man kills itself by his own hands, not by some pathetic piece of shit doctor who is most probably already poisoning our foods, drinking waters and all. They are not to be trusted. Escape from this reality should be done by your hands.

>abortion
Murder

>Death Penalty
It's almost like abortion, but with good reason. I don't my taxes floating out on that shit. Make them fucking suffer.

>puts on tinfoil hat
Well, in a civilized society we do have to discuss the definition of life, and how to use that definition when it comes to fetuses.
We also have to discuss both the ups and downs of doctor-assisted suicide. As I said in the OP, "Choosing to die" is a great, and personal documentary of Terry Pratchett conversing with people who are going to commit suicide due to their malicious diseases and conditions. It touches on how depression being the main motivator. If that is so, which would be considered normal, doctor-assisted suicide with proper evaluation could lead to unwanted suicides by people who are just on a down slope, but could be saved. Consider the hero paradox of not killing villains. They might get better and all that jazz.
The death penalty is morally wrong in many ways, and economically unsound. Much to discuss even in a well-cultured society.

not even I'm that tinfoil'd dude...
give me source

you have to realize that all the labels you're juggling are false and fake. So it's not like you're living in lala land if you try to use them, but you're. Suicide doesn't exists in nature or in human nature, it's always sign of inhuman nurture. Any given suicide is murder.

look up first rule of rainbow fight club. notice the cryptic lyrics in meatloaf song? He would do everything for love trumps hate, but wouldn't do that... He was probably referring to stonewalling about distributed like p2p asymetric warfare pogrom riots. Remember in that movie they demolished 2 WTC lookalike skyscrapers? Remember that movie was released 2 years before 9/11. Notice they inserted one frame in that scene. That frame was just flash of naked man penis.

Which labels in particular?
Suicide does not exist in nature in the expanse it does in human nature. A documented incident wear a bear in a Russian laboratory committed suicide by eating its paw off did happen. So, animals CAN reach that state where they commit suicide, but it is a human effect onto them. Following this reasoning, humans' necessity for suicide might be a natural thing for them. We are different in intelligence from the rest of nature, and we do grasp abstract ideas such as religion and the meaning of life and such. That means, when it comes to suicide, other factors should be considered that's not natural. Suicide should not be considered murder, it should be considered a solution to an otherwise helpless situation.

no one asked for their pathetic lives... why shouldn't they be able to take control and make to only real decision in your life?

animal in captivity is not the "bear", but attempt to trap Schroedinger kitty. Animals cease being animals once in captivity. The same with all the humans - they are zombified and lobotomized to the point of succumbing to the freedom deficit disorder. So such "science" is just another bullshit by rocket science from "operation paperclip" CIA gestapo.

What are you even shitposting about?

> doctor-assisted suicide
Good thing for terminally ill people. Though examination is difficult, since a mind can change. If depression would count as a reason, I'd oppose it. But cancer patients should have the chance to say goodbye in a peaceful way.

> abortion
Pro, I'd take it further and propose the right for mothers to decide about their given life even after birth. Excluding crazy bitches of course.

> death penalty
Not only costly, but comes with irreversible wrong decisions. As long as murder is illegal under law, the state should never ever have the smallest opportunity to kill someone based on false positives.

I'm getting high from this

Life is cheap.
Nature kills often and is brutal.
Humans are not really "playing god' by noticing things that are bad for us.

I agree with the first and last, but not abortion, which is weird. Abortion should only be acceptable if both parties agree.

If a man is shamed into agreeing to an abortion he should be allowed to sue the woman, and vice versa. Don't fuck someone you're not ready to have a child with.

> Don't fuck someone you're not ready to have a child with.

You are missing rape and similar situations where the woman was forced into pregnancy.

>Dr assistance murder
Why give doctors the right to murder though.
>infant murder
What gives a women a special right to murder though.
>state murder
Equally wrong. Though the family should have right to reprisal justice. If anything consistency in decrying the verb of murder is desired.

As an outlier case there are different rules.

In the case of rape obviously the woman has not consented to being impregnated; therefore the man has no legal claim on the pregnancy.

>doctor-assisted suicide

It's a slippery slope. Makes sense for terminally ill people who have no chance of recovery and are just waiting for death, but I'm sure it will eventually be used to "treat" depression.
I'd take a principled stance and say that doctors should categorically only save lives, never take lives.

>abortion

I'd say it's unethical because the fetus has the potential to become a human being. If it has a conscience or not is pretty inconsequential in my opinion. If an unplanned pregnancy is well underway: Tough shit, idiots. Learn to use protection.
On the other hand I think that rape victims should definitely have a chance to abort the pregnancy. Abortion also makes sense from an utilitarian perspective because the people who cancel their pregnancy are often low IQ / non-white, so abortions have an eugenic effect.
Tough one, I'd say give people the option if they can live with it. Pros outweigh the cons, but I'm probably a moron since it contradicts my stance on doctor-assisted suicide.

>death penalty

It's pretty much a non-issue for me. We need to put more emphasis on punishment and less on "reintegration into society". People who commit violent crime should be punished more harshly, I don't give a fuck if it's per death penalty or incarceration for life. There's not a huge moral difference either for me - if you incarcerate someone for life it's not that different from outright killing him.

No rights such as the right to not be mutilated for the infant? Who his father is and those circumstances of being created don't remove his personhood.

Treating "Depression" with dr. Assisted suicide is the end goal, liberals aren't even hiding it.

Indeed, I remember seeing a documentary about a depressed ~fifty years old man in a "progressive" society (maybe Netherlands or Switzerland). It pictured him taking his time to say goodbye to all of his friends in preparation for his assisted suicide. They all talked about how reasonable that decision was. Made me sick to my stomach.

I think a foetus gains personhood at the point it can survive independently of the mother.

If you want to take conception as the point of personhood I think its a slippery slope towards "every egg must be fertilised", let alone the massive potential "waste of persons"

(as an addendum)
Really, I am being quite liberal in my reply to you. I think personhood is conferred upon actually being a person. It is earned through experience or work, not automatic.

You really should check out Pratchett's documentary. There was a dude there that lost his legs and that caused the depression. Shouldn't he be allowed to pass away peacefully?

>There was a dude there that lost his legs and that caused the depression. Shouldn't he be allowed to pass away peacefully?

No. It's normal to be depressed after losing your legs. It doesn't mean you can never be happy again. He might temporarily feel useless, but he can still contribute to society. We should never encourage someone to throw his life away. We should do our best to reintegrate him instead of encouraging him in his delusion of never ever being able to be happy again.

Eggs and sperm are not paired, at conception there are 23 pairs of chromosomes that are absolutely unique to you as a person. From the scientific angle, life begins at conception. From the philosophical it begins at personhood.
The doctor and all staff are murderers.

Life begins at conception, but personhood does not.

So yes, your point is really mine. Morally speaking abortion isn't murder, however, it is morally wrong to cheapen it to a form of contraception or sexual control.

I can see you are entirely anti-abortion but I think you have internalised silly arguments about personhood to make exactly the same point I originally made, which is, abortion is an issue about sexual rights. I'm in effect on the same side as you, I just don't think that its wrong in the case of rape.

god I miss terry pratchett so much.

Here's from the Flips.
>Doctor-assisted suicide
Ban; forbidden here.
>Abortion
Ban; since religion here's quite strict and the people are faithful to it.
>Death Penalty
Agree; those fuckers should have thought otherwise.
Again, these are the opinions of the majority of Flips in our country.

I miss you too, murry fat ;-;

that's why you should have gotten the next nuke after Japan.