thoughts on the future of puerto rico?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/qMV8CzQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Isn't that a north korean flag?

Pay debts

no money

Coqui extinction when?

Get your independence already so we don't have to bankroll your corrupt third world latrine anymore

This

AUSTERITY

we want independance but ultimately its up to america

no longer puerto rico it's puerto pobre

na, ricans just got comfy
they get rowdy when they really want something

>we want independence
>PIP can't even get 5% of the vote
Speak for yourself, nigger. Statehood fucking when?

As for general thoughts on the situation, bankruptcy seems increasingly likely. If that happens and things REALLY go to shit, I may just pack my bags and move to the mainland by year-end.

Kek

I hope it's future is a crater.

en el referendum más personas dijeron para abolir el estatus colonial en el cual vivimos y anyway USA nunca nos va a coger como estado. además jeniffer gonzalez dijo que este año viene la estadidad y mira cuanto progreso hemos hecho

I want them gone, I hate all the useless territories that just leech on our economy and don't contribute to it, meanwhile getting the same rights as our people

it was acquired so americans could have a cheap vacation home, but nobody really goes there anyway

>its up to america
last I heard the ball was in PRs court

either go on or become the 51st state already

>AUSTERITY
Austerity measures have already been agreed on between the govt. and the oversight board and are being implemented.

Debnt repayment is supposed to resume on May 1st, but as it stands right now the govt. simply doesn't have enough dosh on hand to pay everyone it owes. So unless the govt. can reach agreements with creditors before then, you're going to see PR and the oversight board make use of the bankruptcy-like restructuring process included in the law.

Can it, nerd. If people here wanted independence, they'd vote for it. They never have, because they don't want it. You're going to be reminded of that again this coming June.

As for the US taking us in, both Trump and Pence are on record as supporting our self-determination. We're gonna end up going bankrupt in 3 weeks anyway, so its not like things could get any worse if they take us in.

>same rights as our people
Ha, haha.

Anyone that lives in a US territory is a second-class citizen compared to someone that lives in a state.

Whats the word going around the local populous, is there any talk of statehood among the people?

If given a choice between statehood or independence, most people (70-80%) favor statehood. The reason why statehood has never actually happened is because there's the third option of maintaining the current territorial status, which for whatever reason a good amount of people (retards) prefer.

The upcoming referendum is slated to be a binary choice between statehood and a catch-all 'sovereignty' option, which includes independence and territory status. Statehood is generally expected to win.

>Anyone that lives in a US territory is a second-class citizen compared to someone that lives in a state.
you shouldn't be considered a citizen at all

like it or not PRs are responsible for a tremendous amount of crime around here. Especially in my area, you make up nearly all of the gang activity in an otherwise nice and crime free area

That sounds good, it becoming a state gives me a good reason to come back to La Isla Bonita and celebrate. I was born there but I don't really miss it because I have hardly anything in common with the people.

>like it or not PRs are responsible for a tremendous amount of crime around here
Not my fault, or my problem.

>you shouldn't be considered a citizen at all
Too bad the law disagrees with you.

well it is your problem. Don't get mad that people treat you like shit when your country is sending shit into ours

Your problems aren't going to go away just by becoming a state, get your retarded governor to stop pushing for statehood and instead get more jobs for you lazy fucks

Lived in the US for 5 years, never had any issues. Of course, that was before race relations went to complete shit. Still, I can handle a couple of rednecks being upset with me because of someone else's actions. No big.

Discord for advancement of the peurto rican race
discord.gg/qMV8CzQ

aren't you De facto the 51th state?

If statehood passes in june how long do you think until congress approves?

PR should not become a fucking state, we don't need any more leftists.

I guarantee Puerto Ricans will vote like Dominicans that get to the us.

>muh Catholicism
>votes for ultra liberal pro-abortion policies for the gibs

Hispanics cannot resist the kiss of Judas, they are larping Catholic faggots that cannot sustain themselves in the face of a little bit of temptation.

The more US allies the better. Just pay your debts, and improve your economy, and your golden

Ricans are on the same tier as nogs. I'd like them to go back to their garbage island.

where are those numbers might i ask? and anyways all statehood fags are the countryside people in the mountains who dont know what they are talking about and are brainwashed by dumb motherfuckers like rosello. aside from that they dont give a shit about the island unless we win or are about to win anything sports related because after thats its all USA, USA

sadly that is true