United Airlines boss Oscar Munoz will not resign

BREAKING NEWS:
United Airlines' chief executive has said he will not quit amid an explosive backlash to video of a screaming man being dragged off a plane.
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39580112

Other urls found in this thread:

united.com/web/en-US/content/contract-of-carriage.aspx#sec25
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

belly

Why the fuck would he? He didn't drag the gook

Why would he quit?Although I find the way this was handled reprehensible, it was not him who dragged him or advocated for such actions.

good

Fuckin' spic runs United. Who knew?

Wasn't it Chicago police who did it anyways?

good, the guy was disrupting the flight. faggots still can't seem to wrap their normie heads around the way things work on flights

The one thing that's been bothering me since this news broke was: why would no one take united up on their offer of $800 and a free stay at a hotel? I kept thinking about this. Then the light bulb went off. Wait, where did this happen again? Chicago of course. Could it be that Chicago is so shitty with nigger guns everyone just wanted to get out as fast as possible?

T H I C C

why the fuck would he resign you faggot

It would have been an 800 dollar voucher.
Legally I think they would be entitled to about 1300 dollars.

Good fuck that chink! The way screamed made me hate him

Yeah, everyone knows this now about the 1300. If this ever happens to me I can now haggle for the top voucher.

I will only fly United after this incident. Refusal to comply is consent to a beatdown. The only thing disappointing about this incident is that it doesn't happen more often to these special snowflakes.

There are two types air travelers:

Type A: The type who make less than $800/wk

Type B: The type who make more money than you

This passenger was a doctor and therefore Type B

It shouldn't be surprising that nobody wants monopoly money from an airline that beats their passengers. Most people there probably didnt want to fly united in the first place, let alone be coerced into doing it again at a later date.

Yep. Just yell out "These fags have to offer $1300 cash, fuck yo vouchers" duribg the biddibg process.

a business model that uses violence against non-violent customers is a failed business model. bootlickers still can't stop eating shit.

>Refusal to comply is consent to a beatdown.
I'm glad you feel this way. Now give the keys to your car.

was Dr. Dave on drugs during the altercation? Dude looks like he was all fucked up and had no idea where he was. He like a zombie

A lot of us haven't forgotten the value of even a dollar no matter how much one has.

I would've taken if they gave cash, free hotel and arranged me a flight. But no, it's flight credit or some stupid thing, meaning you may be placed as an overbooked passenger on some other flight for full price. It's no fun.

CEO doesn't deserve more backlash than a large lawsuit to his company. IIRC the incident occured on another companies flight that has a contract with united airlines.

Ur a boot licking roach #$wag

exactly, why the fuck would he? The guy has been a phenomenal turnaround CEO for United.

This incident was a result of dipshit ground employees being the 100 IQ cretins that they are. The ground crew are the ones that massively fucked up here, not the fucking CEO.

it wasn't their buisness model. The ground crew did not follow procedure because they were idiots.

I swear to god some days Sup Forums is full of the dumbest people alive

would it devoid him of his human rights if he was? no.

Free stay at a hotel is pretty much a given and getting to your destination on time can be worth more than 800 bucks

This is how it went down. Since he was in Chicago anyway he picked up some prime pills to push to his patients. He gets them cheaper there than he could get around where he lives. In come the cops to take him off the plane and he panics "oreee sheet they are on to me again" and swallows the whole lot.

I can't tell if this is a shitty slide thread or if people here are legitimately complete morons with the critical thinking skills of a toddler

That gook shited himself.

Are you an officer of the law giving me a lawful order? Perhaps I just ran over a couple pedestrians and you are ordering me to turn off the car and toss the keys? If I don't, I should expect a beatdown.

I did forget one fact. I'm assuming you have to go through TSA checks again. That alone could have figured into this as well.

He deserves backlash because of "re-accommodation" comment.

I thought he was a pill mill doc who only got to practice one day a week after the state came down on him for past misbehavior. If he misses work then a bunch of his patients just go get their fix from some other doc and he loses those clients forever. I could see how the idea of being stuck in Chicago for an extra day would freak him out.

>But when asked if he would stand down, he said: >"No. I was hired to make United better and we've been doing that and that's what I'll continue to do."

good job, faggot

The value of a dollar vs. the cost of changing your plans is a valid equation even if it were only a matter of dollars and cents. But some people don't live their lives around their current net worth FYI.

Oscar Muñoz is a Mexican too. Why are Mexicans and Niggers such racists?

>faggots still can't seem to wrap their normie heads around the way things work on flights

United airlines and others are scam artists.
Selling more tickets than seats.
But this wasn't even the problem here, the fucked up 'murican airline wanted to transport THEIR OWN employees this time and threw paying customers out.

You can't make this shit up. The fucking moron company could have sent those employees over using a cab. It was a very short flight.

United airlines == joke

I mean
>huge PR disaster, fucking up your whole image
or
>spending a few hundred dollars extra

any non-retarded person would choose the latter.

i agree. what a shitty "apology" that was. really shows how little they think of their customers.

Why can't it be both?

Why would he? He didn't beat Dr. Chang. At worst, United should suffer it's PR nightmare and review it's booking policies.

Doctor Dao, I'm TSA.

He is a californian CHI btw
A success story

Have you been following the story at all?

> video surfaces of paying customer being dragged out of his seat
> lots of people rightfully lose their shit
> instead of apologizing for the actions of the ground crew (like any sensible, level headed CEO would have down) Munoz doubles down and calls the passenger "disruptive and belligerent"
> takes him 2-3 full days to realize that that was a big mistake

He may not deserve to resign after this, but his lack of foresight and PR aptitude is very questionable at best.

you know this is going to snowball into an expanded passenger's bill of rights similar to what europe has... and it is all because of this guy's policies.

only two (you)s? what the FUCK

shut up you disgusting boot licker
i am sure you'd bend over and spread your cheeks

And you shouldn't expect a beatdown for staying put in the airplane seat you paid for either.

This faggot was still holding his phone in his hand when he was being dragged off

He's faking the part about being unconscious

Of course he would just be a pussy and close his eyes instead of stand up for himself

>> instead of apologizing for the actions of the ground crew (like any sensible, level headed CEO would have down) Munoz doubles down and calls the passenger "disruptive and belligerent"

never forget
CEOs are typically psychos
But that's thanks to capitalism.

If he was able to think straight, he wouldn't be CEO.

>But this wasn't even the problem here, the fucked up 'murican airline wanted to transport THEIR OWN employees this time and threw paying customers out.

US airlines do this ALL THE TIME. As in, daily. Their own employees get complete precedence over paying passengers and they are constantly repositioning their flight crews.

The problem is - they boarded the completely booked plane with passengers BEFORE putting the employees on. That's a no no and where the ground crew totally fucked up. They are supposed to figure this out before the plane ever boards. The ground crew handled this indecent completely wrong. They probably could have salvaged the boarding fuckup by continuing to raise the voucher rate even higher, but it's difficult to get people to give up their home flight on a Sunday.

Buying an airline ticket in the US is no guarantee of getting on that flight. If you want a guarantee, book first class, or rent a car and drive.

A minor fuckup by a couple of $30k/yr dipshit employees in a multi-billion dollar global corporation does not mean the CEO gets the axe. It's a PR mess for the time being, but this will have practically zero bearing on the future of the company. If you look at the stock market and history of United/Continental, this CEO is actually a pretty good one who executed a major turnaround.

he was in charge of the terrible pr campaign for them afterwards

>stock tanks 8% overnight, costing the company tens of millions because of his employee memo

Oh yeah, REAL great CEO there!

HEY

HEY

THIS IS AIRPRANE

>sir we need you to leave. We'll compensate you and put you on another flight, but we need you off this plane
>"no"

what did he think would happen?

I just checked the stock. It's fine and doing better than it was 2 weeks ago. It's gone down like $1.50 since Tuesday morning and already rebounded since the ceos apology. You're all retards looking for punitive outrage just like tumblrinas

This stock has a market cap of 22.5 billion dollars, and is up massively over the past 5 years. A one day drop like that is nothing.

5 million dollars compensation to refuse to comply

Why would he?

Airport security, don't have arrest authority like the police.
Unrelated to the airline though.

You may be right but it's simply too early to tell whether this will hurt UA in the long term (I think it will).

Even PR that cuts through political lines has negatively impacted companies in the past (Target with their transgender bathrooms, Nordstrom and Ivan Trump). This one is apolitical and thus more people "feel" affected.

Only time will tell.

why is the thumbnail a picture of a girl with a swastika armband

they'll settle for less than $100k

Maybe what was written in the contract he established with UA?
Where it says that boarding can be denied in such cases, but doesn't say anything about any right to kick him off the flight after boarding?

The contract only states they can be denied boarding.

united.com/web/en-US/content/contract-of-carriage.aspx#sec25

It doesn't say anything about airline making random decisions to kick people out of a flight to make room. He's going to be super rich.

Arrogant bitchy middle aged asian men are ultra low testosterone and closet homosexuals who have an uppity attitude and have started to try to play the race card.

This chink faggot deserved to have his ass beaten.

Someones talking out of experience here

The airline industry is interesting because it's not exactly equivalent goods and services across the carriers. Certain airlines fly to certain destinations. If you are flying NY/Chicago/LA/Miami/etc, yes, there is competition between the airlines. However these mainline trunk routes fly at nearly 100% capacity every day. Those planes are going to get filled regardless if people don't like United.

In addition, the real differentiation between the major carriers (southwest excluded) are the spokes they serve off of the hubs. Not every airline flys to wack ass cities. If you live in a 2nd or 3rd tier city and need to fly, you usually have one choice. So the united exclusive cities will still get the traffic.

I always love it when they say on the PA "thanks for choosing blah blah blah airline, we know you have a choice" when on 90% of my flights I only have 1 choice due to the hub and spoke model.

>they'll settle for less than $100k

Not if this guy is smart they won't. The main consideration for United is going to be to let the story die, a key part of which will be to settle this passenger's inevitable lawsuit. As long as there is a lawsuit and it remains unsettled, the story will never die.

If this guy plays his cards right he could walk away from this deal with an "undisclosed" settlement in the millions.

United dindu nuffin, dey wuz good Airlinez

I agree with this goyi- I mean guy.

UA showing a firm hand comforts me.

Chaff is what chaff is. Off the plane you go.

>what did he think would happen?

That he paid for the ticket and did nothing wrong and they wouldn't act like total psychos?

>He's going to be super rich.
Would be fully deserved

Not being forcefully robbed of a service he payed for maybe?

The sad thing is that it wasn't even them, it was some shitty local airline called 'Republic Airlines'.

That's arguable. Mistakes of a few personnel entitle you to a huge sum? It's unfair to everyone else. But regardless he's going to be rich.

Federal law states once you are on the plane you can not be removed unless you are being disruptive or combative. Furthermore Federal law states they must give you documentation explaining your rights before being removed or denied boarding for any reason.

The law does not allow the airlines to pick a fight with a passenger to force them to become combative to defend themselves.

>implying it wasn't offered to everyone on the flight
I would have taken it and demanded that they give me free drink vouchers on the next flight.

No, if you are codesharing, if it is the same alliance you can't get away with this. They sell these tickets from United website, people buy them thinking it's United.

dr.redneck's spotty opinion is brought to you by the letters F, A and G

latinos vs asian war when?

no one cares about you
you were adopted
your mum doesn't love you
your dad is not your real dad

kys fag

United Airlines did nothing wrong

The screaming man deserved worse

>muh bootlicker meme
Are the leftypol commies raiding again?
Lolbertarians shouldn't have a problem with a private company removing people from their property.

First one to get randomly picked gets to stay off my plane.

> airport security
Are you fucking daft, they have some of the most power out of anyone. And the guy who was dragging him off was carrying in plain clothes, meaning he was an air marshal.

Air marshals are given even more jurisdiction than cops.

it's over user
they already won

now succumb to the power of the leftists!

>good, the guy was disrupting the flight.

Sitting quietly on a seat he paid for until accosted by uniformed thugs.

>disrupting the flight.

>Retards violate the NAP, infringing on my private property by forcefully removing me from my rightfully owned spot
>Demand the ones responsible for those retards to right their wrongs.
Literally nothing in that is unfair. Retards fuck up, their handlers pay for it.

The hook paid for that property. It was his for the duration of the flight.

It's relative to the price of the one way ticket to the destination, not a set $ amount. For this flight it was 1300

what did he do?

>mexican intellectuals
He agreed to a contract where he his service could be delayed at the airline's discretion. He violated the NAP by trespassing on the plane afterwards.

Why would anyone expect the CEO to be fired? When a employee gets caught doing something gross they don't go after the CEO of Mcdonalds.

The guy that injured the passenger and then dragged the passenger with a head injury should be fired. Then maybe the people that let him wonder around with a head injury. Then maybe the people that overbooked the flight. But I don't see how this makes it's way up to CEO

MOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

A private company who chose to enterprise in a field so vast and reaching there are laws and guidelines they have to abide. AND they have their own contract on top of that.

And the gook didn't break a single on of their contracts or the greater law set in place outside of United.

They dun goofed. People make mistakes, but they still need to be held accountable.

>what did he do?
He expected professional and courteous treatment for a service paid for in advance.

Did you even read my previous posts? I completely agree that United was wrong. What I was trying to say is that giving a huge sum to a single person may not be an effective way to prevent these occurences in the future.

Because when you give money to someone for settlement, they get rich and company continues its shady practices. There should be a public case for this.