"Rescue pets" are more ethical than buying

>want a dog
>gf tells me "omg, we need to rescue a dog! buying supports cruel puppy mills and inbreeding!"
>ok
>go to animal shelter
>pit bull, pit bull, pit bull, pit bull, pit bull, old-ass rottweiler, pit bull, pit bull, mutt with one eye, pit bull, pit bull, and pit bull.
>gf says "'yeah fuck this, we're going to a pet store"

Seriously, if pit bulls are "the greatest/nicest/(insert superlative) dog" then why doesn't anyone want them, and why am I ethically obligated to adopt one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JfU6RPjluw0
youtube.com/watch?v=8hIoAJw7nT8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Common knowledge, pit bulls are the niggers of dogs.

Maybe you should move from Detroit.

>Pet Store.
>Not a licensed breeder.

Your gf is dumb.

Pitbulls are generally owned by ghetto trash, and the violent little shits usually end up in shelters after their owner goes to jail. There's a reason there's such a large surplus of them.

>the greatest/nicest/(insert superlative) dog
who fucking says this? only pit bull owners, right?

This. Only a tiny if any part of the reason is the breed itself. They're just popular with shitty and impulsive dog owners.

Pit bulls are the niggers of dogs. Violent, ugly, and nobody really wants them

Please tell me you got a based puppet in the end.

Pupper*

> Pet store
> Ever
You either do or you get a mutt who are healthier anyway and almost guaranteed not to be inbreeded and cancer ridden. Also they're almost always available for free

This is some more equality meme bullshit. A quality doggo comes from an experienced breeder. That is all.

also why do homeless people all have pitbulls?

>They're just popular with shitty and impulsive dog owners.

We just call them niggers.

Here's the thing. It's not like pit bulls can't be domesticated, but all the morons that own them don't realize that they're not inherently loving, nice pets.

You gotta put a lot of work into them to make them suitable pets; if you don't you end up with an animal that's only good for dog fights.

Find a reputable breeder you mongoloid.

Because pit bulls are the discarded McDonald's of dogs. They literally find them in dumpsters.

Gas the pitbulls

>Pitbull is family dog for years
>Woman does icebucket challenge
>Pitbull randomly decides to jump up and bite her fucking face off for no reason

Sure buddy

Pitbulls because small brained idiots buy them because of famous people who buy them and make them look mean but the reality is when they get the dog they just beat them and give em to the shelter because they don't know how to train a dog at all

She wants a pug, but they're too expensive.
Probably compromising on a medium sized dog and doing a border collie.

not sure, but judging how you bitched out and obeyed your gf like a complete pussy, she's gonna do the same to you when she finds jamal

Dindu nuffin need more training not to eat faces off babies

> Doberman

should of got the one eyed dog and gave him an eyepatch, call him D dog

ALL dogs at shelters have psychological shit going on. Get one from a breeder

But pugsbare retarded. And they are allwayd in pain and they cant breath corectly. And make alot of noises when they sleep because of it

Get yourself a real pupper OP. Pic related. My based dober doggo

I got the best dog of my life as a rescue pet, pure bred english lab. She died a while ago from bone cancer and I'm still not set on getting another dog.

Because retarded nigger subhumans are buying them because they look tough, but being dumb subhuman he doesn't know how to properly raise and train such a dog, so inevitable the dog will bite his ass and ends up in shelter.
Every single time I see a pitbull, it is together with some meathead who looks like he doesn't know how to walk a breathe at the same time.

TLDR Pitbulls are fine, humans are retards.

Don't support inbred fashion breeds like the pug.

In fact, I wouldn't even bother supporting a (((pedigree))).

Just get a cute looking mongrel pupper

go to a breeder if you aren't going to adopt, pet stores sell unhealthy animals

kek

Well of course if you got a lab you'd be happy. Labs and Goldens are all the best dogs have to offer.

where do they thing the pound dogs and pet store dogs are from
they're all inbred millnigger dogs lmao
pay for the breeder or pay for the premature heart disease

losers who get pitbulls dont fix them, they get pregnant and then there is now 12 more pitbulls to head to shelters. pit bull owners are by and large bad pet owners so thats why so many in shelters.
you can request any breed you want though and you get put on a waiting list and they let you know when they get one.

just get a cat and stop being a faggot. Toxoplasmosis is the ultimate red pill.

this

>poorfag detected.

Enjoy your doggo somebody else already rejected.

God i would break up with a girl if she got a pug while we were dating. They're disgusting, they can't even breath.

Another reason to compromise.
I don't want an inbred, sickly dog.

I really want a newfoundland, but I live in an apartment and so it'd be impossible.

>>want a dog
>>gf
But dogs is for faggots

nice sideways picture u oaf

don't get a pug, my significant other had one that came from a shelter not only do they have shit personalities but they need special care and their health goes to shit relatively quick

>has a girlfriend
>posts on Sup Forums

Yeah, not buying it, (((m8))). Reddit is >> that way , buddy.

Maybe try searching outside of your area? If you live in the city or in a rougher area, there's more likely to be pitbulls than if you were in the countryside. Doesn't always have to be a young dog, although smaller dogs live a lot longer than big ones so weigh your options.
There might be some ads online with people who can't keep their dogs anymore or found some lost pups
> two of my dogs have been rescues, other three came from a breeder as a gift
> first was found on the side of the highway in a cardboard box with siblings
> second was given to my family because an elderly lady was moving into a seniors home
Just gotta have some luck and time on your hands, shouldn't take too long.

>buys dog
>do nothing with him for even years
>dog just lives next to them
>retards wonder why he suddenly decided to bite their stupid off

Dogs are a sign of masculinity and extroversion where cats are the opposite you faggot slav.

They are lovely animals. Great with kids

>pug
fucking faggot get a G.Shepard or a blood hound or some similarly based doggo

Get the dog you want, not a "rescue dog." It is a pet that you will be taking care of throughout its life cycle. Do you really want to raise a mongrel with unknown temperament?

Purebred animals have known traits. Mongrels are mongrels.

tl;dr - get a purebred.

>>gf tells me "omg, we need to rescue a dog! buying supports cruel puppy mills and inbreeding!"
>Not having a child instead of or before getting a dog
Fag, enjoy being an old fart with no grandchildren to spoil

>Not adopting the rottweiler or mutt whose owner was probably an old lady who died
Your gf is just a virtue-signalling cunt.

>Live in rural fuck all area.
>Hear whimpering in woods one day.
>Investigate.
>Lil puppy thrown off, tied to tree.
>Starving to death.
>Its just a lil lab pup.
>Take him home, nurse him to health.
>Debate on taking him to no kill shelter.
>Ill just keep you lil fucker.
>Best dog Ive had since I was a child.
all he wants to do is lick everybody, not like I need a dog to attack an intruder.

Ive never bought a dog, they all tend to be "some asshole left this dog to die, here, you take it." and its always been chill dogs.

>Visit family.
>Their neighbor has a pitbull.
>It fucking gets off the chain and chases me.
>Its apparently my fault cause I was outside.
>Oh look, your neighbors pit is attacking a child, so peaceful and progressive.

Shepherds and collies are top tier too

Why didn't you get the mutt?

Chocolate Lab

>Seriously, if pit bulls are "the greatest/nicest/(insert superlative) dog" then why doesn't anyone want them, and why am I ethically obligated to adopt one?

They are fine but need to be trained by a responsible adult. And fuck having a rescue dog near kids you dont know what was done to that dog and you cant trust the kids not to pull on it. My parents had a chow till my 2 year old brother decided to hit it with a wiffle ball bat. Ended up with ten stitches on his stomach and the dog got put down.

Not all dogs can deal with kids.

Bird dogs are the only dog breeds a North American man should own.

I mean pitbulls are kind of special so there is a chance of them fucking your shit up but, they aren't a tiger you can fight back

Border collie will eat your fucking limbs if you are not ready to workout with it for hours everyday. They get bored easily and then misbehave, if you are not sure if you can make diverse program for them then stay away.

Also, go for breeder. You can look up parents and find out if they have epilepsy or fucked up joints.

This, pitbulls are great with kids.

I used mine to take care of my neighbor's kid after that little shit got on my nerves one too many times.

Oh dude, you cannot imagine. I regularly rent a room in my home to help out with the bills. I've learned that when a guy comes to look at the place with his girlfriend, especially when she is unannounced, that spells DANGER.

>buys nigger
>do nothing with nigger for even years
>nigger just lives next to them
>retards wonder why suddenly decided to gun their stupid off
i'm... tHINKING. . . incredible......

>sign of masculinity
But this is only necessary for the fagots. Straights do not need to lure other fagots with a sign of their masculinity

Fair warning. Border Collie's are smart to the point that it is a negative. Unless you have lots of time to devote to serious obedience training, games, large areas to run, etc the dog has a high chance of being of a terror in the house. This thing will need to be worked to exhaustion every day until its 2-3 years old or it will destroy shoes, furniture, wires, anything - even if you have toys everywhere. If you get one with a very strong herding instinct line it can be even more difficult. If you really want to invest some time in your dog or compete they are amazing. Some lineages are bred to be less crazy but they will still be work.
Also fuck shelters. I actually volunteered for years at one and the animals are fucked up and often pumped full of drugs so bad just to get adopted. I've had 2 cats and 1 dog die from the shelter in less than one year after adoption. My two cats are now just outside cats I captured from my yard and a dog from a responsible breeder. 100% healthy after 5 years. Shelters are cancer. Backyard breeders are cancer.

t. I actually show dogs in AKC obedience/agility

Rate doggo?

Pit bulls can be good dogs if you're a good owner.

They have shit genetics though so don't expect them to be going strong past 8 or 9. 10 is essentially their death sentence.

Fuck pitbulls.

youtube.com/watch?v=JfU6RPjluw0

>Pug
Break the fuck up pugs are fucking terrible

Get a Bernese or St. Bernard like a proud man

Only acceptable medium sized dog are collie's

Motherfucker got what he deserved.

>it's socioeconomics, blacks aren't savages they just have a bad up bringing
Same argument, dogs breed to kill are going to be killers given the chance. Only retards who don't understand animal instinct argue against this.

I don't know if you know this, but if you have a good looking dog to walk at the local park it attracts girls. Where as if you are just some faggot walking at the park by himself, you're just that. A faggot.

>Shitzu

Common trash family dog

okay, how about you have some white kids instead of buying pets as a replacement?

Kek

>>pit bull, pit bull, pit bull, pit bull, pit bull, old-ass rottweiler, pit bull, pit bull, mutt with one eye, pit bull, pit bull, and pit bull.

You've just highlighted why the "pitbulls are the niggers of dogs" argument is complete bullshit. The one and only study to determine attack rates (I think they focused on fatal, don't remember) compared the number of attacks by reported breeds to the percentages of each breed registered with the AKC (so pure-bred). Something like 2-3% of registered breeds are pits. But the reality, as you have observed, is that pits make up a much larger portion of the dog population than 3%, meanwhile in reported attacks, the term "pit bull" is a catch-all for many breeds, and any mutt that looks kinda like a pit. Restrict your attention to breeds large enough for an attack to mean something (e.g. ignore Chihuahuas which are often prone to violence because they're stupid owners treat them like babies) and "pit bulls" make up a huge percentage of the dog population.

>inb4 cherry picked videos of pit pull attacks

youtube.com/watch?v=8hIoAJw7nT8

People didn't send those pit bulls to the shelter, they were rescued from niggers who used them for nigger sport. Those dogs should be euthanized, it's the only humane thing really.

Cropped pit bulls are the most ugly and inhumane thing ever to be done and encouraged

There I said it

Because people dump fighting dogs at animal shelters. They realize getting one actually wasn't a good an idea as it seemed. Adopting animals these days is irrelevant.

Also some people like to 'rescue' dogs from third world countries, but most of those dogs are bred for profit anyway.

Pet shops also breed for profit, and this usually doesn't benefit the dog.

If you want an ethically OK dog, find a farm or family that accidentally has a litter of puppies. They do exist, quite a lot.

Awful lot of pug hating niggers up in here...

you have to do some pretty nasty things to a cat for them to die that quickly
one of ours we literally saved off the highway (was lying in the middle grassy part with 3 broken legs, couldn't have been more than a couple months old at the time, probably an asshole who threw him out of a car), nursed him back to health and now 7 years later he's never even once had to go to the vet other than his regular vaccinations.

Why not both? Also if OP plans to have kids he should wait. No matter the breed kids will stress dogs out if they're brought in mid life.

Why the fuck is it so hard to find a cheap dog? I live in Toronto and in Ontario pet stores have been banned from selling dogs, so you have to go online to Craigslist and Kijiji to find "breeders" who will charge you $1000 for a mutt raised on sawdust and no name dog food.

What the fuck happened to just getting free puppies from farmers and shit? I don't give a shit about pure bred designer dogs, I just want a mutt that hasn't been chained up outside for 5 years.

Got a wiener dog, a good one.

Dotsons are top puppers when they are trained, and they are small so they don't cause a mess.

> Health problems
> Ugly
> wheezes when it breathes
> One of the stupidest breeds
> Small so you step on it all the time
> Constantly needs attention
> Not independent at all
There is not a single redeeming quality about pugs

>not knowing that german shepherds are the best dogs

You're excluding the fact that nigger subhumans bred pitbulls for backyard dogfights.
TLDR Pitbulls are as shit as the people who bred them

Why is your dog covered in public hair?

good to know, thanks.

>It fucking gets off the chain and chases me.
>Its apparently my fault cause I was outside.
>Oh look, your neighbors pit is attacking a child, so peaceful and progressive.

Yeah pisses me off to no end, and the owner just stand there like lemmings, yelling that the dog is not violent when every body language sign tells different story, and don't even try to call the dog off. They usually start doing something after their doggo hangs above ground, choking.

Go to a dog shelter in a 50%+ white county

My friends work friend has a pug. I was gonna hit on her ubtill I found out. Got its fucking hair all over my clothes too

Smart and beautiful as fuck. But finding one without serious health issues is next to impossible, these days.

>dog it attracts girls
I would be suspicious of the girl who attracted to dog

dont get a fucking pug. just don't. i didn't want one, but wife insisted. we now have one, and the wife fucking ordered a 2nd one from the breeder, apparently i approved after a bottle of wine or two.

yes, they struggle to breathe, and occasionally, will cough continuously until their respiration tract opens again - which can take 3-4 minutes. but the single most annoying thing about them is that they want attention, 24/7. seriously. it doesn't fucking matter what you do, or when, the little shit will bark at you until you pick it up, and hold it in your arms. that's literally their only fucking goal in life - to be picked up and held. and should you put them back on the floor, it will immediately jump up and down you, while barking, until you fucking pick it up again.

Don't fall for that "ethical" bullshit. It is not unethical to pick a pupper from a reputable breeder. It's where I got my Aussie, lab was a freebie though.

Public hair my sides

Get the border collie, my family had 4 border collies over the course of 24 years. When the first 2 died we bought 2 more. They are great dogs, extremely smart and loving.
DO NOT BUY A PUG! Fuck those little monsters, my poorfag neighbors growing up had 3 of them, and the little shits wouldnt stop eating rocks, they all had asthma, couldn't walk straight, constantly snotting on you whenever you got close. Pugs are a bad joke of a dog breed, stay far away unless you like snot, loud breathing, bug eyes, and LOTS of medical bills brought about from how poor their genetics are in addition to how stupid they are

But i rescued it.
WHAT NOW