North Korea respects its scientists and engineers

What is up with this? North Korea treats their technical professionals like kings.

Just a week ago, Kim toured the newly-completed Mirae Scientists' Street, with futuristic high-rise buildings and apartments to house North Korean scientists and teachers.

Why don't scientists in the USA get bad ass apartments by the river for free and are able to walk to work in a giant glass atom building?

Why is OP a MASSIVE FAGGOT

Why is most of North Korea living in extreme poverty?

Surely Nukes will help them not live in poverty

your god dam right!

Imagine what it is like living in extreme poverty in North Korea and you have to see shit like this?

They can't even afford basic infrastructure like public utilities. cant even afford electricity.

>Why is most of North Korea living in extreme poverty?
you believe everything you read? the poverty is due to them not relying on jewish banks like South Korea and the rest of the world with fake inflated numbers for GDP and everything else.

Wow, propaganda much rabbi?

as an engineer who makes good but not great money can I move there, bring my wife and kid, and be treated better and make more money?

asking for a friend.

Nuke this commie chink shithole and end it already

keep telling them to be good goys! Thats right!
Those EVIL north koreans!! South Korea with its using catholicism as a cover for its murder cults and the degeneracy of their people is much better.

It's true! But if you are STEM in NK it looks like a pretty comfy life. I wish we respected STEM in the West like this.

tha-thanks shareblue!

I read about this. It's tied to the cultish nature of the country's government. Atomics are seen as the one thing that will unite both Koreas and drive back the "Western Devils." So the scientists in the nuclear program are seen as liberators and heroes. They even have their own day of the year with missile-themed parades and festivals. It's pretty cool, honestly.
tl;dr nuclear scientists are Best Korea's George Washingtons

Because American scientists have jobs.

Your shitopsting skills are weak.

You don't deserve shekels for this post.

Why is most of North Americz living in extreme poverty?

If If If I call him a jew and shareblue then somehow that makes me not wrong

you're wrong, kiddo.

This is a Justin Kahm thread.

I fucking know it.

facebook.com

/justin.kahm.9

keep shilling faggot.

Because their leader would rather waste his money on frivolities than on his people

Are you actually retarded or just pretending?

They also built a huge institute for automation on the science street. These investments in science will pay off in 10-20 years.

Your trying way to hard, gotta get them shekels!
Keep spreading your ebil NK trash... Your tears sustain us.

Get em all senpai!

But they won't pay off.

They wont pay off because there Nuclear programs will face constant setbacks

and because they cant afford basic infrastructure.

You're the dumbest shitposter I've come across yet.

You make no sense

Your arguments are childish

Can we agree that North Korea is a crazy dictatorship, but that investing in STEM is a good idea? Why can't we do this in the West? Build huge research institutes with swanky apartments nearby.

Because doctors here actually get paid.

They can buy their own big houses.

Investing in STEM is a good idea, North Koreas nuclear programs are a money pit that will never pay off

Cry more faggot with your fake news propaganda

2 words to explain every post you made in your life here shilling.

FAKE and GAY feelwithit.jpg

>Nork shilling on Sup Forums now

its like every single shill in the world is here these days

Nice try, Schlomo.

From what I can tell scientists live better there, which is crazy in such a poor country. Apartments in a city center like that are easily $1mm, no postdoc or even avg researcher could ever afford that.

Well, they've made progress so far, and a large portion of their national budget which could go to infrastructure is probably routed into the nuclear program instead. To them, atomics are the most important thing, and they'll sacrifice everything else to get them.

That may be true but they're still only apartments. I know doctors that have huge houses in the hills

>apartments in a city center cost a billion dollars
Explain

kys, burger

And do what with them?

Er... Um... Eh...

Nothing!

Thats what they will do.

they need to be investing in their infrastructure.

Serbposting

kek

Doctors in the US are a special breed of rich. They make 4-5x more money then any other country's doctors. They are actually why the healthcare system is so expensive but nobody will admit, blaming the insurance companies 5% margins instead. This is not the case of any other kind of scientific professional though. You can never live in a place like that unless you saved up like crazy or are a banker or manager.

$1 million buddy. For 2 bedroom in a capital or flagship city? This is normal. Actually cheap for NYC or SF. You can't afford this on a "normal" researcher salary. Basically, NK scientists live better then scientists in the richest parts of the world. Why? Can we change this?

This will fuck us over eventually.

shillposting at its finest.

I guess Kim thinks that it'll give him a little more leverage against us, or at least keep the people's spirits up.
Actually, Kim is a very interesting figure. He was educated in the west, so I think he realizes that his country isn't the greatest. Maybe he feels as though his father and grandfather promised the people atomics, and he'll be the one to deliver them, otherwise they might feel betrayed and rail against him.
But he's not nearly as radical as the media portrays him, I think. Maybe after he gets them, then he'll refocus on building up the country's infrastructure. Who can say.

Dude you are spamming so many posts right now and obvoius shilling and then saying people have no basis for calling you a shill? Kys

>11 posts from this ID

Everone ignore this goy faggot

>no one in sight
>half of the building is probably empty

Like kings? Like the medieval kings who didnt have antibiotics? no. these are 21st century kings who get three generations sentenced to labor camps for a random wiseass remark.

from a political point they're a good investion
china is best korea's only ally and even they don't like when they act uppity against the west
if north korea manages to become a nuclear power itself they won't have to rely on china and can instead use their own nukes as political leverage. that way they might be able to scare some countries (especially south korea) out of the harsh embargos that are currently in place.

still won't make the average north korean any less hungry and uneducated

No different than living in extreme poverty in the U.S.

Inside looks like a great place for a set piece shootout.

Extreme Autism 2017 edition

Before or after their pissing contest with every Western nation inevitably ends in their nuclear annihilation?

Eventually they're going to nuke SK, Japan, or us. All of which will result in them going away very quickly.

We do. Premier research institutions and national labs generally have research facilities of this scale, and nice apartments within walking distance are available anywhere you go

>living in a highrise apartment in Pyongyang is equivalent to living in a $1m apartment
>scientists need to live in million dollar luxury apartments

First of all, the only place that costs millions of dollars to live in in a city is a luxury apartment that consists of the entire floor of a highrise. You can easily live in a 1000+ sq. ft apartment in the US for $2,000/month in all but the most overpriced cities. A career researcher should be able to afford this. Also, apartments are a ripoff.

Second, the scientists being treated like kings are the ones focused on nuclear technology and are closely tied to military interests. The US went way beyond that when we were mass-producing nuclear bombs. There are dozens of cities that were built entirely for nuclear research and testing. Many of them are home to well-funded national labs today. I bet the number of people being paid by the state in NK to research green energy, battery technology, and nanomaterials is dramatically less than any Western nation, even adjusting for population.

Scientists in the US make plenty of money. If you want to address a problem in the scientific community, address the fact that most experienced academics don't have time to actually run experiments themselves because they have to spend so much time applying for grant money.