How would warp drive change politics?

youtube.com/watch?v=sZ73E6hF_NQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=94ed4v_T6YM
youtube.com/watch?v=VGSC3w5Lepc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You need somewhere to go first. Where do you need to go that would require this drive? What is in this place that would lure your there?

How will it make you money in other words.

Mining Unobtainium of course. You have to kill the blue niggers and their shit tree first though.

You could mine the solar system even with a warp 0.05 engine.

i remember seeing that work out really well in a movie once

Any reason you post this knockoff video instead of the real one? youtube.com/watch?v=94ed4v_T6YM

I've always wondered how politics would favor into space colonization. Warp drive aside, we'll likely be colonizing Mars throughout the next century or two. Who will the colonists be? How do we select them? Will there be racial quotas? If so, will they be based on the country or countries that launch the rockets, or will the peoples of the third world elbow their way in via PC culture and/or intentional subversion of the colonization of Mars? And if it is mostly white people going, how is that going to play on the world stage? What will be the reaction to that? The sociopolitical pressure around this will be enormous.

You would have world governments instead of national goverments

you can't bend space
so it wouldn't change anything

but IF you could then yeah, first one with Warp Drive claims all planets

>warp 0.05
We don't even have the technology yet and you're adopting Star Trek's warp factor unit?

Know why they didn't make Avatar 2? Because it would just be the white man orbital bombing the fuck out of the planet until all the space niggers and their trees were incinerated.

>you can't bend space
Except you can. That's exactly what gravity is.

I wanna go to the nearby stars. In a 300 lightyear radius alone, we got millions of planets to visit - some may be inhabitable.

I wanna go on a sort of trek to the stars, you could call it a star trek.

watch the video bud. The only thing stopping warp drives is the discovery of negative engery

It was suggested in my youtube sidebar. How should I know they knocked it off?

Yes goyim, step in this device that will deconstruct your physical body at the subatomic level and rebuild it somewhere else

>the only thing stopping warp drives is a type of meme energy made up by astronomers and physicists to explain things they don't fully understand
That's a pretty big shortcoming

Mars has 0.38g. I doubt we will ever colonize it - in the sense of long term colonization with millions of people there. It just doesn't make sense to live there. It does not have a lot of water, nor enough gravity, nor a dense atmosphere, nor enough solar energy to heat up the planet.

The most viable planet for actual long term colonization in our solar system is Venus. And Venus is a massive long shot. So we better warp away to some other planet.

>is the discovery of negative engery
Actually, if you watch the video you would know that one suggestion is to "blow up" the bubble created by the kasimir effect - no negative energy particles required, the negative energy kasimir effect does the trick.

I didn't say space doesn't bend I said you can't put energy in and bend it at will. It will never happen.

Someone started doing einsteins field equations backwards, which resulted in him finding a theoretically proven warp dive. The only problem is it needs negative energy to work. Which has been measured already in small amounts

We've already been colonizing space since the early 50s. All the black budget operations and special access programs have been building a massive secret space program.

It began in the 30s, was developed in 40s, consolidated by operation paperclip after the war, and then applied to the American military industrial complex afterwards.

These secrecy organizations have effectively blueballed the governments. They command a level of technological superiority that can't be challenged, even with top level tech available to the military. Everyone is their bitch.

This is why our physics knowledge is lead down a dead end path, free energy devices are witheheld from the public, and also why all major politicians fall right into line with their plan.

The military doesn't just lose trillions of dollars, it doesn't just waste trillions on jets that don't work, the CIA doesn't just funnel massive black market profits to nowhere. They all fund the secrect space program. It's the linchpin that causes everything else to fall into place.

>I said you can't put energy in and bend it at will
And who suggested "putting energy in" to "bend it at will"?

Every single piece of matter bends space. You, me, my cat, my gf, my car, my freaking sugar cubes, they all bend space.

The whole thing is about using oscillation and negative energy effects to bend space a lot more than matter would ordinarily do.

Any ship, rock, chunk of metal with a drive on it capable of relativistic speeds becomes an unstoppable apocalyptic missile about 20 billion more times as dangerous as an iranian nuke.

0.38g isn't that bad. You can probably mitigate the complications of that, and there are likely a plethora of benefits. As for things like water, we can mine that from asteroids. I think, in one form or another, the colonization of Mars is a foregone conclusion. Once we have the technology to do so reliably and affordably, there is simply no stopping it. There are too many parties with their own reasons to do it.

Venus seems far less suitable. How do you figure it's the most viable option?

>You can probably mitigate the complications of that,
Not really. First, people are lazy, so spending several hours a day working out, isn't going to help. Secondly, we know from 0g experiments how bad 0g is for your bone structure and general health, even after a few months.

0.38g will kill people, no doubt about it. So who is going to Mars to live their permanently and have kids, if it means you are going to die early and your kids too?

Venus is nearly identical to Earth in terms of gravity, mass and size. It's also geologically active. If Venus didn't have a runaway greenhouse effect it would likely be habitable. It's too bad Venus and Mars didn't trade positions when the solar system was forming because Venus would be a second Earth if it was in Mars' orbit.

>How do you figure it's the most viable option?
8.87m/s2

Anyone familiar with torsion physics?

>The military doesn't just lose trillions of dollars, it doesn't just waste trillions on jets that don't work, the CIA doesn't just funnel massive black market profits to nowhere. They all fund the secrect space program

Oh, so you're an optimist, then?

Jesus Christ I never realised Startrek literally means Star-trek

>0.38g will kill people, no doubt about it. So who is going to Mars to live their permanently and have kids, if it means you are going to die early and your kids too?

More of the health problems come from adjusting back to normal gravity than from the actual atrophy caused by low gravity. 0g is certainly not livable long-term, but a low-gravity environment like Mars may not have the same issues as long as it's a one-way trip.

How it would change politics depends on whether or not we also have FTL communication other than courier ships. A distributed representative system with strong local government works best when parts of an empire are months or years apart, and wouldn't you know it that's just like the US.

The best way to fool people is to have them write it off as incompetence and waste.

They know what they're doing and they do it well.

>but a low-gravity environment like Mars may not have the same issues as long as it's a one-way trip.
I am pretty sure it does. And if you google the issue you will see several scientific articles written about the potential hazards of a low g environment. There is a suggestion that the detrimental effects on bone structure and biological processes in the body can be mitigated by lots and lots of sport - but I doubt you find many colonists who will do 15 hours of sport per week just to survive long term.

Being in a 0.38g environment permanently, is somewhat similar to lying around in bed all day for months. It has serious health effects. Your bone density would get killed as the pressure on your bones goes from say 180lbs to a mere 80lbs.

fucking lmao

the bogdoffs reveal their true reptilian forms

>we also have FTL communication
That is impossible. There is no FTL communication or FTL travel that is possible. Warp drive is not about FTL travel, it is about bending space, so rrelatively to some other spaceframe, you might seem to go faster than light.

Well I'm sure that we could develop quantum computers and take advantage of quantum entanglement to be able to communicate instantly over vast distances.

RawDog debunked all of this shit already:
youtube.com/watch?v=VGSC3w5Lepc

Took the words from my mouth user

Entanglement doesnt work that way

[citation needed]

You guys realize you're no better than medieval alchemists who believed they could make gold from cow piss, lead and a virgins pussy juice? No wait, you're worse. They couldn't really know but you have the internet.

What ideas do you object to?

This.

If you know you own a left handed glove.. then it doesn't take a genius to know it was the right one that was sent far away.

>muh instantaneous transmission

>Every single piece of matter bends space.
>my gf

you can't bend things that dont exist

Mankind unites and does what it does best.

The difference between humans will be forgotten, once we've got spaceniggers touching our rightful space minerals

We have some cool stuff that came out in around 2005ish.

A working stable wormhole. There was a unclassified project headed by a Italian but to mid 2004ish but when he stated he had it stable it was classified.

Think about it. With a working wormhole you can keep the engine off the sub/ship. you can send information without interception to home-base and back to the sub/ship.

You Neets are better then normals but even you faggots don't know what is made and working in 2017.

Do you know what quantum entanglement works? It is not like you can measure or manipulate the spin on one particle and measure the other one at the same time to get some useful data. You destroy the entanglement. This is a fundamental part of quantum physics. Information can only travel by the speed of light.

>you can't bend things that dont exist
space exists and my gf thus bends it.

There is no need. Just like there is no need to find the right import point when hooking your brain up to a computer. Your like 5 years behind on this issue.

>Space Time
My nigger.

why debate when its not even close ...
we cant produce sufficient energy supply mashine for warp that will fit into a spacecraft. even if you multiply best energy supply by x 1000

Yes we can you faggot. They have working wormholes. Energy isn't a problem anymore when the power plant stays on earth.

ITT people that don't understand basic physics and get their SCIENCE! from jewish fairy tales.

how retarded are you? They have a working model.

I would have forfeited shekels for that desu.

Link, explanation or kys faggot

Link, explanation or kys faggot.

Well the Americans have been preparing their public for warp drive for years.

(see holiwood movies about space)

Politics would be about racing for resources as usual.
First to set up a uranium mine close to home wins.

Then it is all about tossing resources back and fourth and enjoying ourselves.

However...If a person were to instate a policy of enterprise and voyaging then the world would be a peaceful place as humanity sails the stars for resources...
Basically turning us into macroscopic microbes on a hunt for round things to stick our drills into...

Operation: FUCK OFF!

World powers decide that we cannot stand each other after a few decades of making resource nodes around the solar system so like two arguing parents Russia and America part ways. They launch from earth and one goes from the south pole the other from the north.
Left and Right.

The Xenos that the Americans find are treated to muh freedoms.

The Xenos the Russians find are treated to Vodka.

All is right with the universe.

you think they have a working model of a warp drive

hopefully for the better, we can give each race their own planet. Jews will finally have a place to call home with everyone removed from Earth.

The public aren't aloud that sort of tech. Too much freedom.

They'll find out which planet has the best circumstances and find some way to steal it all. Remember they are parasites and can't survive without infecting a host.

Very fast barrel bombs moving at incredibly high speed?

For the Emprah

Captain: Hi folks, so in this solar system we got three colonized planets. Shekels 1 and Shekels 2 and Judea.
Little Jimmy: Why is Judea not called Shekels 3, Captain?
Captain: Well, Jimmy, Judea is just a desert with nothing in it, they just colonized it so Shekels 1 and Shekels 2 had a planet they could oppress.

>you think they have a working model of a warp drive
They have no working model of a warp drive. They got experiments which aim to measure the distortions of space based on the kasimir effect.

It is all basic research at this point. But there IS research going on - not some Elon Musk style powerpoint pie in the sky shit.

the one on his right (not viewer's point right, but his right) is fuckable.

Also, why do they all have short hair and wear jump suits?