I can't believe this

I can't believe this.

I was just looking up recipes and noticed that on most american sites they keep writing "add 1 cup of water" or "add 1 1/2 cup of milk" without specifying how many millilitres that is.

Turns out in the US there is an actual unit of measurement called "cup".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cup_(unit)

Why are the United States such an absolutely RETARDED country?? Why can't you use the metric system like normal people? Fuck I'm mad.

Other urls found in this thread:

theexpeditioner.com/2010/02/17/how-many-americans-have-a-passport-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We use it here in Canada, too. We don't use ounces, though.

One cup is ~1/4 liter, though, so it's not like it's hard to convert.

Why can't Spain pay debnts like normal people? Fuck I'm mad

shut the fuck up schlomo
we are the most powerful superpower and do you know why?

because we use complex measuring systems instead of your faggy metric shit that was designed for retard

We use metric here and pretty much every recipie book incliding the ones written by New Zealand authors use cups or at least have cups listed first and mL in brackets. It's just a cooking thing. Jews print the cookbooks.

>Americans unironically base their every day measurements on pic related
African-tribe tier intelligence

When you become the biggest cultural and military power in the world then we will use your system Muhammad.

>CULTURE
>AMERICA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>superpower
>hasn't won a war in 70 years

How's wasting all that money on military budgets working out for ya?

Measuring cups are usless anyways i measure everything even liquids in grams

>because we use complex measuring systems instead of your faggy metric shit that was designed for retard

Your scientists use the metric system, retard.

> American education

This is how you set yourself up for an "I told you so", user.

>When you become the biggest cultural...
>... biggest cultural...
>... cultural...

Yoghurts have more culture than you lot.

>Why are the United States such an absolutely RETARDED country??
because it's filled with americans

least I dont chart my feces like the incestuous brits

its pretty fucking retarded

>biggest cultural power
kikewood, (((pop music))) and (((modern art))) aren't culture Mr.Goldberg

American 'cups' are different from 'cups' in the Commonwealth though.

I learned that the hard way when I was baking fudge tarts and followed an American recipe while thinking the measurements are the same.

>uses american websites
>at least 50% of your media and culture is US-influenced and focuses on the US
>would lose to the US in an economic war
>would lose to the US in an actual war
>has virtually no civil liberties

ok brits

I eat more wheat and chicken than anything else in my diet. Runner up is rice.

Use Google. If you want American recipes use American standards you damn nugget.

The US has a somewhat confusing measuring system since it isn't autism proof like metric, but it's whatever.

As a french guy that cooks a ton i can safely say cup measuring is not a thing, outside of the us

This thread is what /pol was made for

Keep telling yourself that with our songs on your radio, our shows on your television, our books on your shelves, and our movies in your theaters.

Canada's cups are different, too.

>Americunt thinks country-level shitposting makes them a superpower

A nation of autists, saluting the star spangled banner.

>"I have never been to Britain" the post

Seriously, you think just because you're surrounded by the faecal matter you call "media" that all of us must be.

>when the bingbong so so mad

Best part is there is dry cups and wet cups, depending on what you are measuring.

Cunt have you ever turned on the radio here? American media is played globally, including here. They've dominated.

He doesn't realize your deeply ingrained middle eastern culture, forgive him Muhammad

An ounce is 30ml. A cup is 240ml.
Why are spics too dumb to learn conversion?

The English measurement system is significantly better for measuring things on ordinary human scales. Metric is better for really small or really big things.

y u mad

There's only 3 Americans in the top 10 right now. I hear more Brit songs than American songs, just as they hear more American songs than Brit songs.

What is this gay-code for?

Yes it is, as are teaspoons, tablespoons and pinches. You rarely need gram or millilitre levels of precision

>followed an American recipe while thinking the measurements are the same.
they should be same tho, but everything 10x

Yet here you are speaking our language. Call me when I have to learn Arabic.

it's always the same... a random guy throws some bait in the ring and everyone jumps in just to fight. I love Sup Forums.
At least I learned why in some videos they always put in 1cup of this and 1cup of that and I always wondered what the fuck the actual amount really is. Ty for teaching me spanish friend!

Just learn to cook and you wouldn't have these issues

As long as the ratios of ingredient are the same it doesn't matter what quantity you measure them in, you mathematically illiterate twit.

well...

>uses american websites
owner is Japanese
>at least 50% of your media and culture is US-influenced and focuses on the US
at least 100% of your media and sulture is jew-influenced
>would lose to the US in an economic war
would lose to jews in economic war
>would lose to the US in an actual war
uhm ok?
>has virtually no civil liberties
having gun and thus giving police reason to shot you every time they feel threatened must feel so good

Says the IDIOT typing in OUR language!

Cup measurements for liquid doesn't bother me, but using it for dry measurements like flour can be annoying. Weight is a better measurement because you can easily end up with too little or too much flour when measuring by volume.

>2017
>Being anti-gun

KEKBOIIIIIIII

Iraq wasn't won? Last I checked their leader was dead and the country was burned to the ground.

x

Are you retarded? How can you say to brit hes using your language? Stop for a sec and think about how is the language called because i dont think its Amerish

kek

to be fair Fahrenheit has almost double the precision of Celsius without boiling down to becoming a decimal using animal

>The joke
>Your head

You're right, it's not Amerish. It's American, you dumb fucking Chilean.

Fun fact: While we use Celcius for most things, we actually use Fahrenheit for pool temperatures in Canada.

Map is inaccurate. France should also be highlighted.

Death Camp fences were measured in Meters, Sherman tank tracks were measured in Yards.

Which one won out, faggot?

Thought I had it saved....anyone have the pic where the metric side is turned into a Menorah?

cooking is different from baking

while cooking is a great part intuition you have to follow recipes at baking or you're gonna fuck up

Said the idiot who eats fish and fries wrapped in newspaper

if it asks for 1 cup of milk with 100g of chocolate you're not within the one unit system, you scientifically illiterate twat

>listens to our music, watches our movies, wears our fashion, uses our technology, shares our moral values

Face it, you're basically american.

We also have ml too

>death camp
The metric Soviet tanks

>Death Camp
do you mean Gulags or Holocaust Centers?

>you scientifically illiterate twat

You could have just called him American man, no need to overcomplicate it.

Can't wait to hear all the cucked anti-nationalist yuropoor countries explain why using a measurement system based on real life proportions is a bad thing

Nigger, do you know how often I have to interconvert imperial to metric on a daily basis?

We use metric in science and medicine (you wouldn't know this out of your own retardation). shut the fuck up.

1 cup = 250 mL

Alaska is rightful Russian clay

Trump's about to win one right now

>Use american websites
Websites, HTML and WWW created by the British and Sup Forums is owned by a gook based on a japanese website
>At least 50% of your media and culture is US...
No, just no

>Be America
>60% white and becoming more mexican every day
>Its language is called English
>Literally everything about your country comes from the british
>Even your founding fathers were British, George Washington was British longer than he was American
Everything about you is just stolen from another country.

Made by lend lease materials, which were given in imperial.

And use pounds for body weight, feet/inches for body height.

Really makes me think

>if it asks for 1 cup of milk with 100g of chocolate you're not within the one unit system, you scientifically illiterate twat
Show me a system where they use metric and imperial and I'll show you a retarded nigger, nigger.

You have a non argument.

>mfw you are too dumb to divide by 4

>2 spoons of sugar

WHAT FUCKING SIZE REEEEE

>American cup is 240 ml
>Australian cup is 250 ml

it really shouldn't have messed up your recipe user, I never use actual measuring cups for my recipes, just tea cups and they always work out.

>Americans who have a valid passport, according to the most recent statistics as tabulated by the State Department, is about 46%

Americans who have a valid passport, according to the most recent statistics as tabulated by the State Department, is about 46%

Americans who have a valid passport, according to the most recent statistics as tabulated by the State Department, is about 46%

theexpeditioner.com/2010/02/17/how-many-americans-have-a-passport-2/

Alaska was sold to America. Russia can suck a dick.

we need a 4chin board where no north americans and their retarded measurement systems are allowed

Recipes don't just say "2 spoons of sugar", they say "2 teaspoons" or "2 tablespoons" or whatever

>we are the most powerful superpower and do you know why?
>because we use complex measuring systems instead of your faggy metric shit that was designed for retard

Embarassing.

I have plenty of recipes where they use "glass" as measurement (which is pretty much 20-25 cl), it's something relatively new in cooking recipes to quantify every single ingredients in metric.

I have different sized tablespoons tho

Americans are the dumbest peopne on earth.

We use the 'cup' system too, and we're using metric system too.

A tablespoon is 3 teaspoons.

I nearly fell for that bait.

Then use an average sized tablespoon.

Recipes don't go through a rigorous optimisation process, if it's about the right size then your recipe should be fine.

What's ironic is the "jew shit" edit that gets posted in response when USA is arguably the nation that is the most cucked by jews.

>spain
How cute.

Little correction: It was (((sold))), not sold.
So still rightful Russian clay.
Take it back Ivan, the amount of gold taken from there too.

Autistic measuring system for an autistic country. What's the problem here?

>inb4 image showing jewish candles and a hand giving finger
>inb4 something about moon or space

actually you fucked us all, including yourself, by invading Iraq. You destabilised the region, created a vaccume for terrorists organisations like ISIS to breed, and now you are making yourselves look like fools again by not being able to destroy radical tribal farmers.

Russia sure made you look like shit by bombing them the fuck up, and then leaving the country within a few months when the job was done. Something you couldn't do now for years.

>Murrica
>culture
You mean like hamburgers? TOP KEK

>American websites
Having shitty imageboard websites hosted in your country doesn't make you a superpower

>would lose
>would lose
>would
Yeah, except majority of countries spend money on making their country great, like supplying health care, materinity care and education to their people. Rather than spending trillions on the military because "Hey, we WOULD beat you, nah nah nah, look i is superpower"

We use metric in science and medicine.

>Implying i cook anything else than stakes and chicken breast