HyperNormalisation

I've seen Sup Forums recommend pic related quite a few times, but I rarely see any discussion on it.

What did Sup Forums think of the documentary? Personally, I'm sure that it made a few good points along the way although I'm unsure of the central "fake world" argument.

I thought it sucked balls. Liberal friend recommended it. I couldn't get but 40 minutes into it. blah blah blah war economy oil blah blah white men bad Bush bad blah fucking blah

I like "the century of the self" a lot. If you haven't watched it, it's better than hypernorm

Weakest Adam Curtis document because it's such a mess. The narrative pieces forming the grand narrative aren't even short essays, they are very very short arguments and cliffs about complex situations.

And no, Adam Curtis did not do this as a film maker to show the hypernormalisaiton narrative transferred to film making by making the film essentially "HYPERNORMALIZED"

Bitter Lake and Century of Self are 10/10.
This fag is mad.

USA+KSA+Israel = AXIS OF EVIL

Pretty cool doc.

How much you wanna bet pepe and the alt right will feature heavily in his next film?

Sounds smart but then you walk away and realize it's just an incoherent rant in documentary form with no cohesive point made

The liberal version of Greatest story never told. Unrelated Information put together with the sole purpose of subversion. Libs are just not good at doing it, why it sucks even more than GSNT

Fancy visuals with a cheeky soundtrack. Pure shite though

Starts flashing conspiracy asthetics and promises an intelligent analysis of world politics, ends up being run of the mill Trump bashing feeding the Russia narrative.

Trump part is very little part and has nothing to do with "bashing Trump" but making the case for how truth is just a meme and you are battling against grand narratives

If you watch it to the end it has very much to do with Trump bashing.

>Bitter Lake and Century of Self are 10/10.

Indeed.

He struggles with editing and telling a truly cohesive narrative but I give him points for trying, nobody else is attempting this in the mainstream (if you call Curtis mainstream, the BBC will no-longer show most of his stuff due to his inability to edit in the way they want).

He is also sometimes flat-out wrong, but again, he cant hit the bullseye every time.

His next thing will probably be about the rise of populism so I would think online stuff would form a large part of it.

Why dont you email him with suggestions.

Can confirm.

>I thought it sucked balls. Liberal friend recommended it. I couldn't get but 40 minutes into it. blah blah blah war economy oil blah blah white men bad Bush bad blah fucking blah

t. retard

/thread

Never attribute to Malice what can be attributed to Stupidity.

It takes some stupid / shady shit and runs for the end zone like a coked up baboon, that end zone being global conspiracy to overload your brain.

More likely scenario is this is just a natural result of the Internet being able to disseminate information better, and humans being physically incapable of mentally breaking down literally millions of data points they encounter on a point by point basis, so they choose to compartmentalize, which leads to some shit falling by the wayside.

Who is thus semen demon?

That's the whole point...
Nothing makes sense anymore, nobody knows what they're doing nor do we know what we really want
So his documentary captures that spirit very well. Humanity is a chaotic shit pool yet we all act that we know what we're doing or at least someone else knows

Some famous girl from the 70s, she moved from political activism to making exercise videos.

>> Hyper normalization

Terrorist attacks, Islamic Rape gangs, anti-white crimes

>> Mass Hysteria

Chink getting dragged off the plane(those cunts do much worse to dogs in their country)
Spicer telling the truth and upsetting the world kikery
Anything Trump says.

Id like to get off this ride; but i also want to see the horrific trainwreck that cant to be far off.

I wonder how the American liberal establishment will treat the Islamic takeover of Europe. I think that shock will mark the end of our current reign of hypernormalization w.r.t "the end of history", that was promised following the triumph of neoliberalism.