New Smoking laws U.K 30th May

So there will be a bunch of stupid new laws coming soon in the U.K. Ex smoker, not bothered about some of it but find it stupid in principle.

-
-All packaging will be the color scientists have deemed to be the most boring and unappealing. (Drab brown/grey) and 65% must be covered in anti smoking propaganda.

-no more 10 packs, small pouches of rolling tobacco, Menthols, un approved flavoring and additives in vapes, flavored rolling papers or packaging mentioning the flavor or taste.

The logic is that it will make it harder for,teenagers to buy smokes and will reduce the number of retards who think smoke is healthier if it tastes nicer.

What do you fags make of this? Nanny state bullshit or sensible approach to stopping a dangerous silly activity?
A
-

Smokers should be shot on sight instead.

Non smokers should be shot on sight instead

I think the packaging is going too far, but i love how we shame smokers and drink drivers. Hope we see big Mac's with 600lb diabetic amputees labeling next

This. Please someone shoot me it's so hard to quit, especially when you do it while studying. How do I escape

I oppose it as a non-smoker.

Eventually the nanny state will target something you enjoy for this kind of treatment. You have to fight it everywhere instead of just letting it roll all the way across everything.

That's all so pointless. If someone has a smoking addiction or an interest in smoking, no amount of "boring colors" or lack of flavor is going to stop them, unless they're in fucking preschool.

I think outdoor smoking should be illegal. If you consume your drug by injection or drinking, that's your problem. Smoking pollutes the air and creates problems for others nearby, so if you want to smoke your cancer sticks, do it in your house.

One thing I've noticed since the plain packaging laws were brought in here is that a lot more people are buying the cheap (relatively speaking) brands: eg. JPS or Bond Street instead of B&H

If you live in a city or on a busy street, then the very air you breathe means you may as well be smoking a pack a day

Nobody cares about the color of its cigarette pack.
Menthol is for faggots.
Additives are cancer.

compared to all the industrial toxins in our food, water, air, and medicine, smokes are childs play

Plain packaging is pointless fiddling around the edges. Sorry for giving you cunts the idea.

What are the laws on vaping in the UK?

Yeah it's the shaming and inconsistency with which it's done that gets me. In Scotland they now have minimum alcohol pricing, ridiculously expensive cigarettes the next part of the holy trinity of Scotland being the worst country in Europe for heart health is fatty food.

I just don't see them ever targeting any other unhealthy behaviors with the same heavy handed approach.

The only way it really affects me is that when I want to buy a little amount of tobacco to roll a joint with I now have to buy 30 grams instead of like 8g which is just retarded as fuck.

Just by the by it's also illegal to buy alcohol after 10 pm so everyone stocks up for the whole night like mad about 9.45 causing people to drink more... I just wish the government would give it a rest with the social engineering shit

If this were true, the lack of a massively elevated cancer rate would completely destroy the 'smoking is likely to cause cancer' shtick.

stop being a pussy

This is unbelievably stupid. It will make fake cigarettes much easier to forge. Before, it was quite easy to spot the fakes, now ... pfffttttttt

When will they go after fat people like this?

Fake cigarettes?

When I was bellow 18 I would just purchase my cigarettes from corner shops with ease, they'd take any form of card as id whether it was your asian mates fake one or a blood donor card they really didn't care apart from showing off in front of a camera.
It was never about the appearance of the tobacco either just the price and if there were no 12.5g pouches would just pool money together with friends to get the larger and split it appropriately especially as I and all of my friends + most people I know started smoking by taking tobacco to house parties and smoking only there... "Social smoking" as it's called.
I prefer smoking menthols when I'm getting straights now but at that age it was just standard 10 pack of sterling which tasted grim but who ever buys cigarettes for the taste?

This isn't going to achieve what they want and is just bullshit once again. The only people this will effect are the minimum wage workers who are hard up at the end of the month and can no longer rely on scrounging up £5 to buy some tobacco so essentially only see this as a financial middle finger to the working class.

Silly emu, fat comes down to genetics.
Haven't you heard of body positivity :^)

God willing.

Does the law also apply to Muslim hookahs? This might be a good way to restrict their culture.

Yes, fake cigarettes, full of camel shit and twigs and rubber and fuck knows what else.

Jokes on you kikes my FAVOURITE colours are drab brown and gray

Counterfeits.
WHich are pretty lucrative. You throw a bit of tobacco, dried tea leaves, fuckloads of nocive stuff (even more than in regular cigarettes) to hold the whole thing together, and you sell it at the regular price despite the production cost being really low.

Nobody cares except smokers. And everybody hates them.
Take a camping trip, as long as you can, a week at least, connect with nature, clear your head . Throw out your smokes before you do, when you get back you won't want them. Don't go around people who do it(it at least not in situations where they could) or you'll start again.
Or just vape

It's also illegal to display them or show the prices since last year. You have to either squint to read the tiny prices or ask for a laminated sheet of prices

They're about to get cucked. Soon only 10ml bottles will be the only ones sold with max 2ml tanks

You are right (((anglo))), how dare those people use something that increases testosterone.

There aren't any judging by all the faggots walking round public buildings blowing smoke everywhere

they do it here already
morons still buy cigs

When the fatties don't make up the majority of the country.

Drab brown is pretty cool, I'd love some tacticool cigarettes.

>most people I know started smoking by taking tobacco to house parties and smoking only there... "Social smoking"
You and your friends are scum.

The government has a problem. They have bought into the "health" experts propaganda fully.

NHS weenies like to massively exagerrate the amount of deaths caused by smoking. To get there they use some very interesting maths. If you die a non violent death and have smoked, at any point in your life, they will put it down as caused by smoking. My grandfather died, aged 95, and had smoked since he was 12. Cause of death - smoking. Not that he was 95 years of age. My great aunt made it to 90 and had quit when she was 55, but sure enough her cause of death had smoking as the reason.

Many years ago, they tried to claim that smokers cost them money. Then, when it was pointed out that smokers put in more in cigarette duty than they took out in smoking related illness costs - they dropped that one like a hot rock. You will never see that one bandied about again, because by this point the price of cigarettes is so high that smokers actually contribute more to the budget in tax than alcohol and fast food combined.

Central government can't admit to this, because it will look as if they're happy to have people continuing to smoke because of the billions they collect in revenue. NHS is more than happy to have people continue to smoke, as they rely on it for a huge chunk of their budget and love to attribute as many deaths as possible to smoking.

Go private, grow your own tobacco or get cheap return flights to Eastern Europe and buy thousands of the things, don't tell anyone you have ever smoked and get an accountant to keep those arseholes away from what's left.

Yes, ciggarettes are an incredibly lucrative black market thing. Because taxes on them are so high, you can make a killing on them profit margin wise.

I wish I smoked as a kid

Now I'm a fucking dweeb

Looks more like a list to strengten our economy, thanks Britbongs

>hard up at the end of the month and can no longer rely on scrounging up £5 to buy some tobacco so essentially only see this as a financial middle finger to the working class
Poor people shouldn't waste money on luxuries. If they do that's their own problem.

Source now you fucking disgusting krautshit

You can increase testosterone in other ways, ones that don't involve stinking up the place.

>Smoke
They don't operate at temperatures even remotely close enough to make smoke, user.

Shame.

Only degenerates smoke.

Can't allow Nicorette and the smoking industries to lose all that money. Now I am not under the delusion that vaping is healthy for you by any means but I know far more people to have stopped smoking through the use of E-cigs than nicorettes stupid products like gum and the inhaler which just doesn't compensate the sensation. I know studies say e-cigs doesn't increase likelihood of quitting but my anecdotal experiences highly contradict that.

Are you 15?

It worked in Australia

I used to smoke. Smoking is fucking shit seriously.

I gave up smoking. Instead of smoking a pack a day, I just drink a bottle of Jameson a day. Much better for me, and I feel much better too.

>coming soon
Nigger these laws are already implemented where I live, and I live in bumfuck wales.

Make a petition for alcohol, fast food and candy bars to get the same treatment. I mean, they are bad for you, so why should it look enticing, right?

Instead of stupid packaging laws, why not try to actual reduce the risk of cancer from smoking by doing things like enforcing non-radioactive fertilizers? The UK is retarded.

They should just force higher dosages of everything into them so smokers die within 5 years of starting.

People can't conceive of what it'll be like to suffer the effects of something 30 years down the road.

Why anyone still lives in the UK is beyond me. Why don't you all just cut your own thro-- oh wait nvm you've got no knives. Rope is still legal though. Hang yourselves. You're a joke of a nation. Completely disgraceful.

they can't even cut the rope off the spool to hang themselves with it, how cucked can you be?

Why the ban on menthol and flavored smoking items? That makes no sense, it is a complete ban

I'm actually just back from living abroad for a while. I'm putting it all on Scottish independence, if it happens after the next referendum I will gladly live here and suffer to build my country. If not, I'm fucking off to any traditional European country.

jokes on them cause im buyin my fags from romanian shops, 5 quid a pack

Go out working 40 hours a week to pay for all your tax and bills and have a very little disposable income at the end which people wish to spend on smoking however are being financially forced out of it by increasing costs massively.

82% of the costs of smoking is paying tax bringing in an anual revenue for the government of £12 billion - Not including the tax tobacco companies pay.
Tax revenue spent on treating smoking related illness is approximately £3-6 billion annually. Also take into account that a good portion of smokers won't even make it to their pension.

Smokers are absolutely rinsed for money and the government exploits addiction to have a high income however whether it's on purpose or just because they're so disconnected to the working class they are beginning to deprive smokers at the lower end of the monthly wage their ability to partake in a habit quite a lot of people, believe it or not, enjoy. Tax is not supposed to act as a method for strangling people out of the ability to do certain behaviors.

Because it's more likely to get kids smoking, or so they say.

>The logic is that it will make it harder for,teenagers to buy smokes and will reduce the number of retards who think smoke is healthier if it tastes nicer.
>retards who think smoke is healthier if it tastes nicer.

Nobody thinks that, could they be any more out of touch

Smoke cigars like a fucking man, cigarettes are for women. There's a reason we call them "fags" in England.

They wanna stop people smoking?
Ban sugar additives in tobacco.
You're welcome gouvernment.

Always do oppisite of what (((government))) says desu. I'm going to buy a pack of tobacco as a big fuck you.

These cost $26 each

You could probably grow it yourself, user.

They're probably knock offs. I've seen those dodgy foreigners going round the pubs trying to sell them. Only poor people buy them.

Pipe and cigar tobacco are far superior than the girly cigarette.

Spot on my dude. Spot on.

they already do this shit in brazil. I know a lot of brazilians and almost every one if them is a heavy smoker

its almost like...people who want to smoke already know it's bad for them and are going to do it anyway?

>What do you fags make of this? Nanny state bullshit or sensible approach to stopping a dangerous silly activity?

the retards using those products deserve whats coming to them, if they really enjoyed tobacco they would grow some it's shit easy to grow anywhere

fuck those morons, we might legislate that by using the product you disqualify yourself from emergency room visits and healthcare or mandatory once a year televised tournament russian roulette

>smoke a pack a day
>do lsd and smoke as I'm peaking
>most vile thing Ever
>haven't touched a cigarette or cigar since

The amount of queues and waiting time to be served in shops has increased massively as well because of how long it takes for a shop keeper to find the correct pack of cigarettes in a display of a 100+ different packs which all look the same is really irritating as well. Government proving once again their incompetency of actually finding solutions which work. Why does it always seem the more the government intervenes the worse off everything gets.

can you get one with pussy vagina sores on it? they should make it so you have to preorder and the pack has a picture of your genitals on it

I smoked 1.5 to 2 packs per day at my worst. Quit cold turkey. After a couple months, even the smell of tobacco was completely nauseating to me.

Lol $3-6 in America.

They should get rid of alcohol too honestly.

Pic related.

Coffee if they want to take it further. People with "addictions" are jokes.

Randall is proving he has a child's palette through his inability to appreciate bitterness.

I think they're a bunch of hypocritical cunts. Alcohol isn't affected by this and is still allowed to be advertised.

Go figure.

>find the correct pack
Why would you even care which one you get? They're all the same.
No, mate, cigars are even gayer.

>can only get 30g packs that cost like £11

Started ordering it online, now, it's ridiculous the markup in shops. Plus they sell it on Ocado so can get it with the usual shop.

It is fucking stupid, mind. Also WTF no more menthols? Well I guess it'll stop me smoking them.

There are plenty of tasty beers out there. Maybe don't drink IPA's if you don't like hops?

The pollution from cars does way more damage so where's your attack against motor vehicles? Hypocrite.

>mfw the US will be the only English speaking country without cucked smoking laws

this

Also Chemtrails, and plastic food packaging. The real reason is that Tobacco interferes with the gender-bending chemicals they are poisoning us with.

>very little disposable income at the end which people wish to spend on smoking
And that's why I'm saying they're fucking stupid. If they have so little money they should save the little extra they have instead of burning it on luxuries.
>quite a lot of people, believe it or not, enjoy
This is the other reason they're retarded, they enjoy self harm like a teenage cutter.

Nanny state bullshit, vaping is literally harmless, it isn't bad to inhale steam. Punishing vaping makes it harder for people to stop smoking so its retarded even from a public health point of view.

i'm convinced these government anti-smoking campaigns are psy-ops to see how well gov propaganda works

I don't smoke but if people want to then they should be allowed.

This however is completely fucking pointless. It serves no purpose and will have no noticeable effect at all. It's entirely a waste of time and tax payers money. There are real, actual issues the government could be dealing with, not shit like this.

But in the US they do...

Just make weed legal in UK so my faggot ass brother can fuck off with that stank near me and can't make money anymore.

Dude, have you seen how utterly heinous the average British "cuisine" is? No wonder there are no take always or cafes selling native dishes anymore. People have the taste of children here. We are talking like ketchup on pasta and grated cheese in stir frys crispy oven pancakes and shit

>Le Freud
A cigar is just a cigar.

How's high school treating you, man?

you are an island!!!!

Like, how can you be saying it's good the poor waste money on luxuries? That shows the truth in that the poor are poor because they're stupid. They'd rather buy luxury goods that harm them than save money and maybe become less poor.

Yeah, and cigars are for fags.

Cigarettes vary a lot in taste. They all taste shit but you get accustomed to the taste of the brand you smoke which is why it is preferable to get the brand you smoke.
Because you have to do something you enjoy in life. I don't think you quite understand the costs of living in Britain. You have a high as fuck mortgage, lots of tax and hobbies cost far more than smoking to do on a regular basis. Most areas of land are private and the ones which are free often have extraordinarily high parking costs plus you often don't get the time to do nice day out trips on a regular basis either. Also add on to that I work in emergency hospital theatres and my unpaid hour lunch break is often a 5 minute cigarette break because people needing emergency help around the clock doesn't factor in your hour lunch.

Also the self harm statement could be applied across the board. Enjoy watching live motor racing = harmful fumes = self harm, enjoy BBQ's = inhaling harmful fumes = self harm, Enjoy browsing the internet? = Bad posture, lack of exercise = self harm. It's fine and dandy to label one as self harm but if you want to work on that basis something you enjoy may well become under attack under the same premise.

Then enlighten us, Mr. Bearstein

It's nanny state bullshit, however it is necessary if you have social healthcare.

Smoking related disease is easily preventable and costs tax payers way to much money.