Christian Dark Ages, Is happening again?

Could we have cool microchips in our foreheads or in our wrist by now?

Other urls found in this thread:

strangenotions.com/gods-philosophers/
youtube.com/watch?v=t_Qpy0mXg8Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nope. rainbows themselves suddenly are facing "final solution" they were using as weapon to genocide humanity. So it's not dark ages - it's tar lives of tar budgets squealing something about tar lives matter. So sorry for your loss, but christianity has nothing to do with it.

The Christian dark ages is a myth
Just because disease spread due to new immigration, causing insular and thus less progressive development, there is no reason to blame Christianity, especially considering how small the retardation was.

>posting a debunked image

strangenotions.com/gods-philosophers/

How the fuck do you quantify scientific advancement?

Very scientific graph! That y-axis is a really great statistical measure that can be easily verified!

>MUH LIBRARY OF ALEXANDRIA
>MUH GALACTIC EMPIRE BY 1643

what? I could have swore the Church actively tried to oppress anyone who dared speak against the bible or the teachings of Aristotle. Wasn't Galileo thrown into a dungeon for the rest of his life?

Shit, even today, I remember when I was young I talked to my pastor about the things I was learning in science class. His responses are why I'm an atheist today.

Yup, illegal to research most things. People were killed for heliocentrism etc
Also V Galen's medical ideas were standardised by the church, even though they were complete nonsense

thats the ultimate fedora pic right there

*Claudius Galen

>The common conception that Galileo was persecuted for being right about heliocentrism is a total oversimplification of a complex business, and one that ignores the fact that Galileo's main problem was not simply that his ideas disagreed with scriptural interpretation but also with the science of the time.
>the real sticking point was the fact that the scientific objections to heliocentrism at the time were still powerful enough to prevent its acceptance.
>But while the objections still stood, the Church, understandably, was hardly going to overturn several centuries of exegesis for the sake of a flawed theory.
>flawed theory
>flawed theory
>flawed theory
>flawed theory
>heliocentric is a flawed theory

the author of this article doesn't even know the difference between a theory and hypothesis. Dropped.

>"the real sticking point was the fact that the scientific objections to heliocentrism at the time were still powerful enough to prevent its acceptance."

>Nobody is accepting this guy's theory that goes against our teachings
>Let's kill him because his theory is likely to be wrong
Yeah, sure, that happened

The church literally spent 1000 years inhibiting knowledge, keeping people from even reading the BIBLE by themselves because they knew that knowledge and intelligence would raise serious questions about their authority. You want to believe the church has never been pure evil because it would introduce doubt about the everything else you believe regarding your precious faith. It might even shatter the delusions you base your simplistic life ideologies around; but you're wrong. The church is as much a selfish force on this earth as any corrupt government. Believe in whatever you want to believe, but your defense of an organization that has slaughtered and tortured millions of people is simply foolishness.

Typical linear Western thought. Look at it as a cycle. We revert a little bit with this Christian nonsense, but we will progress forwards in a few years.
Don't panic; Islam is going through its "Dark Ages" right now.

The christian dark ages are still going
>IVF is immoral
>Stem cell research which could save lives is immoral
>Birth control is immoral, even though high fertility is the main contributing factor to low prosperity in developing countries

Unfortunately, the dark ages lasted thousand years and christianity forced itself upon the world, using abject violence to squelch everything but their perspective. How long will islam do the same? I can't wait a thousand years for them to get tired of killing.

Christians don't believe this life is important, except as a qualifier for heaven. Logic and reason are trumped by their stunted beliefs. No one who needs to understand what you said will even give it a second thought due to fear of hell.

>there are still people falling for this bait

Please guys.

that's retarded. I'm supposed to give up things in this life, the only life I KNOW exists, because a fringe group of idiots believe in an afterlife.

>Unironically the "Islamic Golden Age" went from approximately 800 AD to approximately 1250 AD.
>Muslims use bodies infected with Plague as bio-weapons.

Maybe something to do with these so-called "dark ages". Maybe that is why Europe lost ground on progress...

You're preaching to the choir. Religion has outlived its usefulness.

Nice y axis faggot. Christian monasteries and churches spread knowledge, set up first universities, and educated the population at a time when governments and private enterprise were either unable or unwilling to do so.

The main thing stopping academic advancement was marauding Muslims. There's a reason the West is now the bastion of education whereas the rest of the world wallows in dirt and filth.

came here to post this, thank you

/thread

the link is debunked retard bait

The last Dark Age was Jewish made, as was this one.

Anyone who follows Christianity and hates Jews are idiots. You are their servants.

Christianity was created by the Jews to subvert and destroy European culture. Most of it has been lost to time, and what remains, is bastardized, demonized and warped beyond recognition, and most Europeans hate their own native culture, and would kill a man standing up for it given the chance.

This is how deep the beast of Zion's fangs pierces Europa.

They taught BULLSHIT, though. Of course they wanted to be in control of what was taught. With no opposing viewpoint, they retained more power. There's no deeper meaning. Stop pretending the church is altruistic. They're still power-hungry delusional cunts.

Whatever your real or imagined issues with church are, that graph is utter bullshit.

>People still believe in the dark ages myth.
How can anyone be this blue pilled?

ITT: Anglo education

You don't know the first fucking thing about history do you
Muslims actually made most advancements in medicine and science during the middle ages, because they were less dogmatic
Christian monasteries and churches did not fucking spread knowledge, they lied and took people's money to buy people out of purgatory
The church always fought against scientific progress, because they knew it was their undoing. They were right

>christians held back progress
>the most advanced part of the world was christian
really activates the almonds

Funny how those "Christian dark ages" coincide with the rise of Islam.

Or that the religion of Piss spent the next 600 years waging war against/invading europe.

Yes goyim, blame Christianity...

>implying that this hole affected the entire world and not just Europe

>not posting the superior version

It's obviously not a real graph that measures anything, but it's perfectly correct in it's rhetoric

As a german who went to school in both germany and england, british education absolutely goddamn fucking shits all over german education

Again, this is logic and reason, combined with truth, these concepts are the holy trinity of things to avoid if you're religious.

You've never heard of the golden age of islam, you don't know history, and you should shut the fuck up and read a book before you post

I still can't fucking believe that shit happened.
So fucked up.

The mother church is a government and probably the largest. Control of 1 billion + in the spiritual is at least as good as controlling 1 billion in the temporal. China and India at as at least divided internally as the church. The Vatican city state is a government that answers to no one and is the single largest corporate accumulator of wealth in the history of mankind.

Anyway yes, we have been slipping back into a dark age for at least a century now and it will not end well.

If that's the case then lets hear about those people exucuted for heliocentrism.

Hi, an actual medieval scholar, that graph is laughably inaccurate; the academia laughs in utter hysteria at people, like yourself, who perpetuate this nonsense idea that all scientific progress stagnated during the Middle Ages. In fact, the "dark ages" we're only a few centuries long.

wow this pretty accurate

The flood? Really? If you're trying to combat rationale, you don't argue with more fairy tales.

what?

Eat shit Achmed. Europe's undoing is when their politicians laid in bed with the Muslim parasite.
May your pedophile prophet keep boiling in piss and semen eternally.

The vatican is not christian, the vatican activwly went against christs teachings and they ary devilmworshippers/practicing dark magic. Look at how materialistic the vatican is. Christ never told them to do those things. Im christian and i am against the vatican, fuck em

I agree! So smart!

Wow, Scientism manifest.
You have subsumed the materialist narrative that the only value of human civilization can be distilled into mere technocratic never ending technological "advancement". The ultimate outcome of this is of course is a fat blob of human flesh hooked up to a VR machine with nutrients being injected into the body.
You're concept of progress is a lie, sort your self out mate.
>Hur dur evil Christians tryin to stop me from gettin muh good feels and postulating objective truth, that offends my bourgeois conceptions.

>People were killed for heliocentrism etc

Give me some names.

I wasn't even defending modern islam, your view of issues is very one dimensional

>Dark ages
>It's called the dark ages because Christians
>Not because during the administrative collapse of the Roman empire history became very muddled as different fiefdoms fought for dominance, altering history and destroying other history making the period very muddled and without much "light".

>implying you can measure scientific progress

Americans are so fucking retarded. Europe's undoing is when the Jew infiltrated its politics.

Funny, in Talmud, they say that Jesus Christ is currently boiling in semen for eternity, and the Christian goyim are boiling in excrement for eternity.

That was rhetoric, although galileo I think was sent to prison or executed
Don't pretend there weren't executions of people who spoke out against the catholic churches doctrines

Also there you go, german education

>christian
>dark ages
Why is this allowed?
Did people forget that some of the most thought provoking inventions were created during this time?
That without said inventions we wouldn't nearly be at the level we are now.
Jesus Christ on his throne, this myth is triggering.

Well, seeing how you are blaming everything on Christianity, it's fairly safe to assume that you suck Mohammeds dick as well.

Catholic =/= Christian.
Babylonian and pagan rituals that were changed to seem more Christian still mean that the shepherd was pagan, not christian.

Want to know what a fully atheist nation ends up being? Communists, leftists, filled with people that have intense political dogma. There's a reason most of these 3rd wave feminists and antifa retards turn out to be atheists. Whether it's due to sentience or human nature we need religion or else we fill it with something incredibly worse. Even Islam is better than being taken over by these cucks.

>Catholic =/= Christian
You heard it here first guise

>Well, seeing how you are blaming everything on Christianity, it's fairly safe to assume that you suck Mohammeds dick as well
No it isn't, because my view of issues isn't as fucking one dimensional as yours as you've proven once again

>talking about jew infiltrating European politics.
>quoting Talmud

Thanks for the laugh, user.

Looks to me like you were just making stuff up, but lets agree to call it rhetoric so answer me this question: why wasn't Copernicus sent to prison or executed? Church certainly did kill people from time to time, but it was far more common to die because of heresy than doing science. Feel free to give some examples of people executed for their scietific work during scary dark ages.

Relevant:
youtube.com/watch?v=t_Qpy0mXg8Y

Europe had been deeply wounded by the Islamic world. I'm not an expert but this guy implies the fall of Constantinople, and Europe being continually invaded and fucked up, was a big influence on the dark ages.

You're an idiot and a liar OP

>thinks we should believe online claim of being a scholar of any type
Only reason means anything here.

Dumbass, look at the way their popes and leaders acted, and tell me if the leadership of the Catholic church truly followed the teachings of Christ for the last 2,000 years?

It was warned before that some will come, claiming to be of the Lord, but will lead many away from the true faith.
The whore of Babylon IS the current Catholic church, and the behaviour of their priests is just more proof of it.

Again, Catholics are NOT truly Christian.
Judge them by their fruit.

Your speculation is laughable.

Thank you.

ITT single digit IQ mongoloids bash religion without even realising the whole point of religion is to teach morals and values to create the best society possible. Sure it's exploited for power and profit, just like everything else on the planet, but if that's all you focus on and talk about you have missed the point entirely.

What the fuck is this graph even based on?hpw the fuck to you measure technological achievement? The fucking axis isn't even labeled. Jesus Christ.

Don't pretend doing science that went against established church doctrine wasn't "heresy"

more like the age of idiotic scientism.
protests? regulations? outrage?
Even research teams can be outsourced to completely amoral countries and the results sent back home. Hell, could even go full black project in a hospital's basement, with human guinea pigs.
But no.
Gotta argue and concede every single time.

Speculation is just speculation. I'll take life without religion regardless of the outcome. By the way, the only reason some of those things are popular with those freshly freed from the bonds of religion is because it's new. You have no idea how great life would be without religion. Your religion forbids you from even considering it.

but dark ages started in 5th century, the first incursion in Europe by Arabs was in 8th century. so your argument is invalid.

Morals are relative.

its hilarious that you can watch this trash cult destroy in real time while calming it doesn't destroy

and thats why the vatican owns the world and all of our souls. papal bull is not a joke.

gg.

every nation with a cross on its flag sucks the vatican's cock

You're so goddamn lucky you were born in this century where people are (gasp) making some attempt to do justice to innate human reasoning ability
>"Scientism" is shit, christian dogma was better for the world
I hope you go die of preventable diseases. Avoiding vaccinations as you already do should help with this

Well, fuck. So what caused it?

He's wrong too. Magnus was an alternative scientist. He believed in witchery and thought chemistry could change lead into gold. He was a fucking retard.

I'm open to that possibility, convince me with some examples - show me that factual, scientific approach in action.

I would like to thank based christian fundamentalists for slowing down the progress of the abomination we call "technology" and delaying its domination over every aspect of our lives even if it was inevitable

Morals are timeless.

Example: bible says don't fuck men
Moral: avoid actions that spread disease

I'm advocating for a more sly scientism, dunce
If you get stopped in your tracks by social pressure, AVOID it. Don't crash into them every single time because autism
Get
Results
Home

That's not how it works
Nobody's crashing into anyone everytime because autism
That's down to policy, and in the end, voters.
The social pressure is there because there are undereducated christian zealots who oppose scientific progress because they see the research as immoral, but they can't substantiate any of their beliefs

Collapse of Rome? Yknow, the single unifying beauruecratic power that had the entire Christian world under their thumb?

The cleanup after the collapse of Rome was going to be fucked regardless of whomever picked up the pieces

Yes, because the world at large was fucking retarded. Einstein believed in God. Doesn't mean he's not a scientist. Albertus Magnus was still a scholar who lived under protection of the church.

that's a made out graph. how do you objectively measure "scientific advancement"?/

If the dark ages didn't exist, samurai and ninja don't exist.
Because they were in 10-19th century.

this

He was a part of it. He was a fucking pastor. That text is full of shit.

Scientific development can only occur in Europe?

I hope they realize we're heading for the same slump right now, with Western society declining, letting in the barbarians who wage war on us in the name of Allah. We're drowning in degeneracy, the left is eroding any value they can find, births are going down while everyone is just pursuing personal gratification.
We're headed for a thousand year caliphate of beheadings, stonings, honor killings and purging of infidels. But this time, we can watch it on YouTube.