Do you support the death penalty?

If yes, why?
If no, why?

no im pro-life.

No, I don't. Too many mistakes are made and, with some deluded religious cults, they'd love to be killed.

Just throw 'em in a 6'x6' cell with bread and water. Fuck meals, fuck beds. The floor will do.

Of course I support it.

The only con is (at least in the US) is the long ass waiting period of getting the needle.

Some wait for 20 years, what the fuck.

yes, easy way to get rid of degenerates and non-whites

yes because it might deter criminals
no because wrongful convictions

I think throwing them into a dark hole with the absolute minimum of food and water for the rest of their existence is better for some people. For the worst of them. Death would be an easy way out.

You're missing Syria with 6 billion gas executions!

This, should be one appeal with a maximum wait of 1 year

where is isreal?

I think Europe should reinstate the death penalty for anyone convicted of plotting a terrorist activity or committing a terrorist act. It would deter a lot of Muslims I think.

This, no reason it should take that long. It's because they challenge it over and over again when they're in and that shouldn't be allowed.

Also you should be able to chose your final meal and method of execution to include needle, firing squad, and hanging.

bump

I think hanging is the most painful

Yes, but it's ineffectual in terms of cost right now -- mainly due to costs of appeal.

There should possibly be a time-limit on how long you're able to appeal, i.e. 15-20 years after sentencing -- the limit can be extended if the appeal is still in process.

Not if you do it right. If you do it right, you snap the neck and that's it.
If you do it wrong, you will sufficate for hours.

yes, but standard of evidence should be higher

No. If you want someone dead, kill them yourself. If anything I would bring lawful duels back.

This, I wish they'd bring it back here

If you are religious you'll say that some people are evil therefore, the should be eliminated.

On the genetic point of view ie science, human are "machine" and genetic defects need to be repaired. If the reparation is impossible because technology is not advance enough, then the option is to eliminated the defective machine if it brings only chaos. (murder, willingly raped to spread hiv etc..)

I'm mixed here, I believe in a religious\spiritual approach that you should not kill your fellow human. But with science I know that my fellow human are different from one and another. Everyone can live if and only if we value the goal to lift humanity in order to understand what is god, if it's even possible. The only option that can help us in this endeavor is trough science.

So to summarize, religion is the root and science is the flower.

I will not accept execution from an atheist communist government but from an christian\humanist government that favor science.

>hours

China is the largest country in the world by population.

1.4 Billion people..

3rd place is America with 350 Million..

China is actually pretty tame

peekaboo!!

In theory death penalty is great. Unfortunately, govrnments are not to be trusted and therefore I have to be against death penalty.

To be fair, OP, China has lots of Chinese compared to Iran and SA.

Human life should be protected from conception until natural death.
However natural death for traitors and murderers is hanging or an electric chair.

Nice picture of your mom, she loves to have my "leafs" in her hair.

Yes, because it deals with criminals in a just and, most importantly, permanent manner instead of having them live at the cost of innocent people's money; it also enforces natural selection to boot.

So, why anyone would ever say no to the death penalty when there's only benefits to society as a whole is beyond me.

Firing squad is a soldiers death, it shouldn't be used for murders

From least to most painful
>hanging
If done correctly, neck snaps instantly, ded
>firing squad
If done by faggots who can fucking shoot straight, bullet destroys brain instantly, ded
>lethal injection
Slow and painful death as your organs shut down, but you're injected with a paralyzing agent so you can't scream even though you need to, eventually ded

>Reasons to support
1. Prisons are expensive and there's no reason to not kill a criminal if he's going to spend his entire life there anyway
2. There's 100% chance that executed criminal won't commit crime again or escape the jail
3. Justice and common sense demand that some people should be executed. Not executing the most vicious criminals makes people question the justice system
4, Although not very effective, death penalty still scares criminals away more than prison

>Reasons to oppose
1. Some people sentenced to death might be innocent after all I guess
2. muh feels.
3. ???

I'd say I support it.

One of the problem is who decide who should die.Some can also make a mistake and you just killed an innocent. It's pretty complicated when there's not enough proof and what constitute a proof.

No, why should the criminals and scum be the first to leave this shitty existence for eternal slumber.

If an individual is deemed to be too dangerous to be a part of society, is a danger to him/herself and produces nothing to cover their living expense, death penalty is the only solution.

I support it but it needs to be reformed so that only people who are 100% guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt are killed.

Yes, it would save governments a lot of money.
>But it's expensive to execute someone
Except it doesn't have to be. We already have a very efficient way to kill someone, a bullet to the head.
Do it like China, shoot the person sentenced to death and charge the family(if any) for the bullet.

>"""Amnesty""" ad
no bump, no info

No, and goes without saying no wonder the soulles chinkie chinks wouldn't agree with me on this

Literally the only reason killing someone is expensive is because of endless appeals with court appointed lawyers

Yes because it sends a message to criminal fucks.

This. They usually end up buddies with the other Muslims in jail so a life term isn't really a punishment.

Texan here... I used to support it, but in light of all the recent conviction reversals and tales of prosecutor malfeasance, I can't support it anymore. It gives too much power to the state.
On the other hand, I would like to see more bad guys dying 'in the act'.

No because it encourages criminals to be more violent when faced with arrest. If they know that if they are caught their life is forfeit, there will be no depth to which they will not sink. No crime too heinous if it aids them in escaping death.

Yes but only if they have a past record of violent crimes, and only with very solid proof of guilt.

If they have no past record or flimsy evidence, then they should get life sentence.

you can always raise the threshold to pass reasonable doubt up to 99.9%
this means lots of forensic evidence and videos

but... antifa will kill the politician trying it lulz

There's also all the medical tests and the chemicals used to kill the person.
It's still much more expensive to sustain someone for 20+ years, sometimes more than 50 years.

Yes. Because they deserve it.

Every action must have its reaction. When one does evil, he brings evil upon himself. To suspend this rule when attacked is to accept your own degradation and incentivize more of it.

It's absurd that we have institutions that protect predators FROM justice and yet pretend to possess the moral authority to administer justice. Goddamn Orwellian.

The prize for rapemurdering my kid is not rent-free life, prison guard pussy, and free college. It's a short drop and a sudden stop.

That it's NOT slow torture: there's the compassion, there's the self-restraint, there's muh human dignity. Moderation in everything.

Like a part of the show?

You do know that the jury is asked if the defendant is "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt", or something similar, right?

If they only have "flimsy evidence", then he shouldn't be in jail.
The punishment isn't proportional to the evidence, it's proportional to the crime.

I mean 'in the act' of committing their crime, by the intended victim exercising self defense.

Okay thanks

Some people do things so heinous they need to be removed from society, permanently. Not locked up, not rehabilitated, but removed from existence.

That's a very vague statement. What kind of people?

Precisely this. When it can be proven that a person committed a rape or a pre-meditated murder beyond a shadow of a doubt, then yes; they should be shot in the back of the head, and their body burned. End of story, no waiting around on death row with fucking lawyers, convict them, take them outside behind the courthouse and blast them in the head. There are too many people in this world to lock everyone up.

Nope, I believe in appropriate punishment and rigorous rehabilitation. Even the most demonstrably cruel and despicable human can turn their life around.

I read yesterday that some USA state was binge executing, because its poison was going out of date. They even had to do 2 people at a time to save money or something.

for sure it's the only way for the state to separate the value of life and property

no. and locking them up for life on tax payers money for life is even worse

Murderers and traitors.
If you can't distinguish murder from killing ask an adult

For simple rape or murder, no. There are too many variables that come into play. Especially for rape.

Serial killers and mass murderers should be put down though.

Aside from that, it's all just a problem with prisons. Prisoners should be put in isolation and firced to watch Mr Rogers for eight hours a day. Then the rest of their day is spent with activities that hilight what they learned from Mr Rogers

Embrace forced prisoner labor.
1. Good punishment, makes people think thrice before committing crime.
2. Prisoners not an economic burden.
3. Prisoners leave jail with a set of skills and maybe a recommendation.
4. No need to devalue life by murder.

The problem with that is that people cry about unemployment in society.

No.
You can release a wrongfully imprisoned man, but you can't resurrect a wrongfully executed man.

Yes, no reason to feed the murderer from tax money, just kill him and be done with it. It also mean less crime because of fear of death.

I mean like dna evidence or definitive video footage like when some dumb cunt streams his crime on the internet.

You don't need that kind of evidence for a conviction, but it should be required for death. If that kind of evidence isn't available, then the max should be life sentence.

what does that do? break their neck slowly?
would be fucking terrible

s/(yes|no)/(no|yes)g

I'm for whichever's cheaper. If it's cheaper just to lock them up until they're too old to cause any chaos, sure. If it's cheaper to take them out back and shoot them, sure.

In practice though? Once you send a man to jail he's more or less fucked up for life. Most a convict can do once they get out is cook food. But he's still alive!

People will cry about anything. But obviously the most moral solution to everything.

Doesn't matter. We have to value life more than anything, or our entire moral code goes to shit.

Does that also apply to unborn babies, Daneanon?

Yes.
Some people just can't be fixed and the world is better off without them.

Using injections is also painful a lot of the times. The guillotine is the only humane way of execution

We're getting cucked in executions

If I was a mafia I'll probably give corrupted politicians dirty money and let them make preferable laws for criminals.
Then I'll probably donate to Amnesty International secretly for obvious reason.

So why do I have to support their plan?

For treason, murder and bribery death penalty should be applied.
If you falsely accuse anyone with this charges with malicious intent or to save yourself, you should be executed instead.

yup, some people just need killing.

Yes, too costly to keep prisoners.

china executes corrupt government officials, us doesn't. (((amnesty)))

because killing niggers is good for the soul

might increase suicide bombings though

guillotine is also the most aristocratic way. only niggers get hanged.

I don't know about canadian prisons, but in here, prison conditions are fierce, unless you have support from outside. You will eat bad food, might get beaten, might get a disease. And die anyway in a few years.
There are also ways to execute people. Government can bribe or force your inmates to shank you, or you can be killed on the spot for """"resisting arrest"""".
So I think that arguing about this is kind of pointless. If government wants, they can kill you right in the middle of a street in a capital city.

Killing the anti-Semitic goys from Sup Forums is good too.

yes because eugenics and you shall get that you did to others

no... just look at statistic how much crime there is in usa , and compare it to china where there is 4 times more people and yet wayy less crime

USA = 6'3 master race

china = 5'5 manlets

is that what the picture conveys?

>He watches japanese cartoons!
>Fucking traitor, dispose of him!

>Rate of execution for the US is higher than China
>US is number 5 and not number 1

????

They already want to fucking die, how this will help?

No I guess it's representing that China hung so many people it stretched the noose.

>Bulgaria

I'm so sorry m8, if we're on your side come wartime, you know you dun goofed.

babies dindu nuffin. Convicted rapists and murderers did do

I bought rather be beheaded by a guillotine than see some doctor strap me down and put me to sleep like a dog

yes, but they need to make it more entertaining like rome

Letting rapists genes survive is retarded, natural selection will increase their numbers no matter what you do with them.

People who should be executed:
>Murderers
>rapists
>hard drug dealers (drugs can ruin nations)
>pedos

I honestly don't see how anyone can debate this.
You have to be kind of a stupid person to try to justify the survival of these types of people

Yes. Life isn't sacred and some lives are worth more than others. While I don't think it serves to deter crime (people will just commit greater crimes to avoid arrest) if a degenerate can't pay his debt to society he should not be allowed to live.

I remember there was a contamination in baby formula so the Chinese took the guy in charge and executed him via firing squad and sent the bill to the family

>We still haven't created a justice system where different crimes result in different body parts being cut off

Get to say we don't kill people, while still severely punishing crime. Murderer's gonna have a hard fucking time without his hands.