Why the MOAB works

As you all now know, the MOAB was dropped. What kills isn't the explosion itself, but the blast wave.

>The [blast] kill mechanism against living targets is unique–and unpleasant.... What kills is thepressure wave, and more importantly, the subsequent rarefaction [vacuum], which ruptures the lungs.... If the fuel deflagrates but does not detonate, victims will be severely burned and will probably also inhale the burning fuel.

That's from a humanitarian report on what happens when it's used.

Get fucked, ISIS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uMSfD4roMxY
youtu.be/SR9WlSMjFPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-z0O0oAi3oI
youtube.com/watch?v=ohSUFs5U7BM
youtu.be/cuGrDSP0rj8
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4410796/How-Mother-Bombs-kills-people-MOAB-s-effect.html
youtube.com/watch?v=BUREX8aFbMs
youtu.be/RaiKodpkw00?t=194
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Forgot to mention that the effect is magnified when in tunnels and buildings.

Cool

isnt' it just a tail-kit to turn any bomb into a precision guided munition?

I don't know what's better, that mudshits got BTFO or the epic butthurt from lefties all around the globe. Today I learned it's an atrocity to kill terrorists and that Trump is worse than Satan, according to normies.

I'm fucking confused by this too. That, and CNN is leading all the snowflakes to believe Afghanistan was almost nuked

No

Massive
Ordnance
Air
Burst

21,000lb of fuck you and the village you used to live in

You're thinking of the JDAM system.

ISIS is in Afghanistan? What are their numbers there? Serious question

And why don't they have an A in their name, as given to them by the US gov?

>evil dictator assad is evil because he uses the evil weapons
>we gud goys our weapons are humanitarian

kek

>What kills isn't the explosion itself, but the blast wave.

Thank you OP, and to the 30 gorrillion other shill faggots who are shilling the "acclimation to NUKE size explosions" operation.

What do you call it around the office? Mushroom Clouds Are Awesome!

Yeah its measured in tons of TNT, a nuke is in kilotons. That and they are reporting its a mile across, when it would actually be 2 since it radiates a mile in each direction. Our msm is actually retarded, they report fake news constantly but not always on purpose.

It's especially fun because the prolonged shockwave will fuck up your organs and cause you to slowly die of choking or internal bleeding. Your brain is soft and plastic enough to survive without too much damage. And the fuel in the bomb is also severly toxic by itself.
You won't die for up to 10-15 minutes, just lying there, burnt, bleeding, and paralysed.
But hey, at least it's not a chemical weapon.

>You won't die for up to 10-15 minutes, just lying there, burnt, bleeding, and paralysed.

youtube.com/watch?v=uMSfD4roMxY

Future weapons showed this off back in the day. Loved that show, shame it finished.

youtu.be/SR9WlSMjFPQ
Test vid with shoxkwave.

lmao that cartoonish sound of debris

Ever see people get knocked in the air from an explosion in a movie?
When that happens, your soft spongy shits fly away first, dragging your skeleton after, ripping apart organs/blood vessels/ligaments.
We're strong enough to survive that at first, but only just long enough to suffer on the way out.

sadly, the internet says this is an ammo dumo being destroyed. It would do something similar, though

Obama drops thousands of fucking bombs...no one cares. Trump drops a MOAB suddenly he's the devil.

youtube.com/watch?v=-z0O0oAi3oI
>Trumps face when he goes full Generals.

> ISIS is in Afghanistan?

Not anymore.

How does bombing Afghanistan MAGA and didn't he campaign on a non interventionist platform

he campaigned on bombing the shit out of ISIS. it MAGAs by making america's dick look big.

or the one I prefer
Mother
of
all
bombs

>spending more in foreign countries
>somehow this "America First"

Like NDT explained on Joe Rogan, if the war head is fast enough it doesnt even need explosives in it.

Assad using chemical weapons on a civilian population is different to using non-chemical weapons on known terrorists.

Besides this is basically Trump shitposting irl and letting North Korea that the next MOAB has "Kim Jong Faggot" written on it.

>bombing an avowed and active enemy of the united states
>not "America First"

ISIS is such a threat in afghanistan, good job donald dipshit

Came here to post this. People acting like the MOAB is something new and unheard of is triggering me.

>ASSAD IS TERRIBLE FOR USING CHEMICAL WEAPONS ON JIHADISTS HE IS LITERALLY WORSE THAN HITLER AND MUST GO
>MAN CHECK OUT THIS MOAB BEST BOMB EVAR IT LITERALLY CAUSES JIHADISTS' LUNGS TO EXPLODE INSIDE THEIR BODIES AND ALSO THEIR BODIES TO BURN HORRIFICALLY INTO CHARRED MEAT IN THE SECOND BEFORE THEY REALIZE THEY ARE ALREADY DEAD

really inspires contemplative meditation

He said he would take care of ISIS.

I don't remember the "I will never use the military for anything" campaign promise.

>interventionism is more important than domestic issues

I hope you die poisoned by bad tap water tbḧ fucking kike

That's an expensive equipment to throw away by Donny so carelessly. Is it effective in any way other than a show for media?

What's worse?
> Spending 50% of the entire worlds total military budget yearly.
> Never use it because it's too expensive.

Really activates my almonds.

in reality, the only reason chem weapons are a war crime now is because they're so cheap and easy to make

by labeling chem weapons as a war crime world-wide, the US and UN and etc keep a stranglehold on (((legal))) weapons and means of killing humans en masse.

'you gringos disgust me! why spend money on weapons when you could be spending it on stuffing food into niggers!'
pic very related.

I know, aren't explosions based?

That's not how it works.

What kills isn't the explosion itself, but the propaganda blast wave is causes.

Another wag the dog distraction, especially helpful to re-cuck the trumpcucks in emotional turmoil via the simple jr high dick waving they love as it helps them overcompensate for their own lack of manhood.

>Why the MOAB works

youtube.com/watch?v=ohSUFs5U7BM

>What are their numbers there?
about 1000

Not a MOAB but still interesting.

How armed?

so if you drop that shit near a tunnel entrance the confined pressure inside will fuck everything up?
GG Trump

that's a JDAM
a MOAB is a thermobaric weapon so powerful that it operates on the level of a small scale nuclear weapon

idk

Need a quick fix maaaan

>Mother of All Bombs
>precision
leaf logic

So just like any bomb then?

best part is, most people measure that in LBS of tnt, that 21,000lbs yield is of more potent explosives. Source: I drunkenly straddled the one at the airforce armament museum outside of eglin AFB. and read the card before I left.

>that shockwave
imagine being 2-3 blocks away

We need to make more of these bombs, they seem fun.

Shame we're not going to get video footage of this air strike, it would really be a sight to behold

Someone took it.

We'll have to wait until it gets declassified.

This

It will literally "shake" apart a human body, leaving it in little pieces

It has to be deployed from a C-130, good luck flying one of them into NK

Nukes are megatons.

>when in tunnels and buildings.
Topkek those ISIS rats got liquefied.
You don't fuck with America.

I can't wait for that propaganda video from the federal government of that MOAB blast and hopefully closeups of the bastards being liquified

No shit, we don't buy it all to look at it.

The air force is going to show it off as soon as the declassification.
Or when they are done fapping to the video.

What kind of music would go best with the video?

to be honest something made for the occasion.

All modern military explosive devices work this way. It's the pressure wave that kills you. Unless your sitting right on top of the thing you are not tossed through the air like in the movies. And even then your parts are just ripped off and scattered. The only real differences in ordinance is if it is specialized like bunker busters, cluster bombs, incendiary bombs, etc.

Early nukes and precision nukes are in the KT range, while the big ones like the TSAR bomba are in MT.

Neat.

Why not use a c17?.

That's how most conventional explosives work. The heat doesn't kill (unless it's a fire ball kinda bomb) as often as the pressure wave. That's the part that blows out your lungs and blows you to pieces.
After many bomb drops, you'll see the dead often with their lungs sucked out their mouths.
T. Militaryfag

Stupid indio just shut up

That's literally how every explosion works...

the explosive yield is 11 tonnes of TNT

Comparatively, the smallest nuke I know of is around 300 tonnes

how many died? where was it used? nothing yet

From what Ive researched the only aircraft currently capable of deploying it is a C-130 variant, perhaps they will develop delivery systems for other aircraft.

I cant understand why people is against throwing this kind of bombs on ISIS.

Enyone against this extreme kebab removing action is a piece of shit and deserves to die.

>ISIS
>In Afghanistan

They are just mad they didn't think of it first.

It's designed for MC-130s. I guess it could be deployed from a C-17, but I don't think that's the point our Aussie friend is making

C-130s and C-17s have massive Radar Cross Sections and North Korea's myriad of radar air defenses will pick it off early.

Give you an inkling of what it is and how it works.

youtu.be/cuGrDSP0rj8

Don't start new wars but if you're already at war you bomb the shit out of them and kill every one of those motherfuckers

The MOABs are already paid for. They made 20 and sat for over a decade in a warehouse. It's a waste of $314 million not to use it. Not like you're going to I spend money already spent.

>you will never have your thoracic cavity eviscerated by nothing but air.

Why bother living.

>dutch education

So if we had this for those tunnel makers in Vietnam we might have actually won?

Side note, I could have sworn I read somewhat recently that the Vietcong were very close to giving up right before we pulled out of Vietnam. Is that true at all? I can't remember all the details, but at least from what I remember it was that if we had just pushed on for a couple more months we would have succeeded, but with all the protests and anti-war sentiment we just had to pull out.

I mean the war was literally started on a false-flag to begin with, so I'm no fan of us being as involved as we were in the first place, but were we really that close to "victory"?

Exactly. If you are allready in a war... Just throw them your best shit and end it fast.

Lots of americans seems to love the "Make war but dont try to win" kind of bullshit.

This article describes it pretty well:
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4410796/How-Mother-Bombs-kills-people-MOAB-s-effect.html

>Ears would have been left bleeding and internal organs battered by the staggering force of the blast.
>Anyone caught inside the tunnels would have been crushed as the force of 19,000 pounds of highly complex explosives caused them to collapse on the ISIS terrorists.
>A crater left by the blast is believed to be more than 300 feet wide after it exploded just six feet above the ground. Anyone at the blast site was vaporized.

>The first blast detonates and spreads highly flammable aluminum dust and the second is the baric blast - which literally sucks oxygen out from cave tunnels before rapidly becoming an expanding shock wave.
>Both the implosion and the blast wave cause massive internal damage to anyone who has not been already been incinerated by the detonation, with most injuries to hollow organs such as the ears, lungs and stomach.
>Anyone in the tunnels who did not have the life sucked out them would have then been crushed to death by the sheer force of the explosion.

Our military is fucking awesome

>Small nuclear weapon = 1kt
>1kt = 2,000,000 lbs TNT
>MOAB = 1/100th of Nuke

Thats some Grade A Communist math right there

>Lots of americans seems to love the "Make war but dont try to win" kind of bullshit.

Yeah fuck that shit. If we have troops on the ground again it better end in us having a new state or territory

Fuck this democracy spreading bullshit

Yeah, it fucking kills terrorists.

>Mexico
>spending on domestic issues
>having money to spend

please fuck off and die you beaner scum

What would a gigaton explosion look like?

That camera must be real close. This volcanic eruption doesn't seem too far away, but the shockwave seems like it takes forever to reach these people

youtube.com/watch?v=BUREX8aFbMs

Holy Smokin Toledo

IS Khorasan is a very small amount. It's literally Yemen tier.

Probably all gone now though

Russians have a bigger thermo one

youtu.be/RaiKodpkw00?t=194

so where's the problem?

A MOAB is as devastating as a small nuke, dummy