Did Christ descend into Hell?

I'm interested in this story. Ostensibly the character being helped up in the picture by Jesus is Adam. Why was Adam in limbo? Was there really a space separate from Hell where notable figures were waiting for redemption? Is this what Catholics would call purgatory? If so then do Christians believe this or not? Why is the event not covered in any of the Gospels besides the Gospel of Nicodemus?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habiru
youtube.com/watch?v=YdLjQpOB6sw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amarna_letters
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_Hammurabi
biblehub.com/greek/3097.htm
haaretz.com/jewish/the-jewish-thinker/were-jews-ever-really-slaves-in-egypt-or-is-passover-a-myth-1.420844
christogenea.org/overview/concise-explanation-creation-jewish-people
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1) not everything is found in scripture

2) the apostles creed states that He descended into hell

3) "limbo" is the fireless part of hell where the justified had to wait for Jesus, since only through Jesus can anybody enter heaven

Thanks for the answers.

does that mean thread over?

Lol, not if anyone else has any different opinions or interpretations.

there is no mention of limbo/purgetory anywhere in the bible or by the apostles

it's a papal invention

Friendly reminder that Israel/CIA/Shariablue create religious threads in an attempt to cause infighting among us. It's classic D&C (divide and conquer). Ignore religion threads: the OP is NEVER sincere with his questions or points. It all just to start a fight.

Just get the fuck out you utter wack job.

neither you nor OP wants to know the truth. you just want to virtue signal your beliefs so others who share the same beliefs will confirm you're not wrong for having the beliefs you do.

>start a fight
>start
They're a bit late on that one then

Me and OP are the same person fuckwit. Take your schizophrenia elsewhere.

>conveniently not denying my claim

stay defeated.

The Harrowing of Hell would make for an awesome summer tent pole pic. Gets both the religious and young male quads.

Of course I'm denying it. How is asking for explanation of a story virtue signalling, you deluded cunt? If anyone here is a shill it's you.

because you've already accepted the story of Christ, as its presently given, as factual. And if anything or anyone questions the accuracy of the Biblical account, Christians like you claim its r/atheism or some satanic bullshit. It's literally religious signalling. You dont want to know what really happened. You want to know what happened according to whatever fits your worldview.

Honest question. Do they get to heaven on faith alone or do they also require good works?

ITT: Fan theories about minor characters and "lore" from bestselling fiction novels.

>because you've already accepted the story of Christ, as its presently given, as factual
But I'm asking about a story I'm not sure about, so how did you come to that conclusion?
>Christians like you claim its r/atheism or some satanic bullshit
Um, you literally just insinuated I'm an Israeli. So now I'm a Chistian Israeli CIA agent? Please just take your fucking meds. This is very Jewy behaviour indeed. I can smell it a mile off.
>You want to know what happened according to whatever fits your worldview.
I'm asking open questions about it you paranoid lunatic. My view on it isn't formed. I just heard about this story a few days ago when some other user posted the image in the thread and I've done a little research on it. What is my worldview?

Yes it's Catholic Tradition it's called
The Harrowing of Hell and it did happen

People who were in hell and purgatory were also given a second chance at entering paradise, not only taking the saints of the Tanak with him

The Talmud says after Jesus died he went into Hell. However, he stayed there according to the Jews, where he is presently being boiled alive in a cauldron of human semen.

As for Jesus the human and he religions surrounding him...

>Jews stole their God and religion from ancient Aryans.
The first truly monotheistic religion was Zoroastrianism, which was created or "received" by an Aryan prophet named Zoroaster. It was formed roughly 500 years before the Jews stopped worshiping clay and bronze idols. While the Jews were in Babylonian captivity they intermingled with Zoroastrians and learned their philosophy. Those who would become the first Jewish priests co-opted or stole the core ideas of Zoroastrianism and began worshiping a single god. The god they chose to worship was YHVH, who prior was a god of war, and just one of the many gods the ancient Hebrews worshiped. The Jews naturally perverted the Zoroastrian religion so it would always benefit the Jew. The Jew became the "Chosen Ones" of God and superior to all other men. Aryans created monotheism and it is nothing like it is today.

>Jesus was born of an Aryan priest and a Jewish woman, so while according to Jewish tradition Jesus was a Jew, he was also an Aryan.
While Scripture claims Jesus was born of the Holy Spirit, it is far more likely Jesus was born of a Zoroastrian priest and here's why: he had to learn Zoroastrian philosophy from someone (see next greentext for explanation).

of course the joo boi went to hell

>Jesus taught Aryan theology in an attempt to reform Judaism. He was killed when his teachings became too popular and threatened the Pharisee.
Jesus taught something other than Judaism. Jesus even contradicted Judaism at times. For example, Jesus said: "You have heard it said, 'Eye for an eye, tooth for tooth' but I say to turn your cheek." Eye for an eye is an Old Testament commandment God gave to the Jews, and here he completely goes against it. So what was Jesus teaching? Zoroastrianism. And there's evidence of this in Scripture. When Jesus was on the cross next to the two thieves, he said to the repentant thief: "Today you will be with me in paradise." (Luke 23:43). What's interesting here is that the Jews do not view the afterlife or "Heaven" to be like a paradise. The Jews believe when you die you go to Sheol - a place of darkness that exists literally in the ground. Jesus was revolutionary when he taught about Heaven. So what about "paradise?" The word originates in the Avestan language, which happens to be the holy language Zoroaster used when he wrote the Avesta (basically the Bible of Zoroastrianism). During his final moments, Jesus used an Aryan word to describe a Zoroastrian Heaven.

>Jesus' teachings are only useful to the Jew who seeks reformation and the non-Jewish degenerate who seeks salvation for his/her past ways. Jesus' teachings and the religion based around them are not useful for Aryans, because we do not possess the inherent character flaws the Jew possesses, and of which he needs saving from.
You can argue against this, but Aryans aren't naturally evil, unlike the Jew and others. We created civilization and discovered the Science -- we could have enslaved the entire world how many times over? But we didn't. And yet here the Jew is trying. There is nothing about the Aryan that he/she can't correct through focused effort, but the Jew is flawed by nature. The Jew needs saving, Aryans dont.

Question...
How are the jews God's chosen people if they don't believe in Jesus?
How is it that a jewish created religion (christianity) substantiates itself on a group of people's belief who don't even believe in the cornerstone of their religion?

How is it that the jews were once polytheistic when it was in favor then converted to monotheism when it was in favor?

Why is it that the jews are constantly found throughout history undermining civilized and structured societies?

How do they fit in as God's chosen people when they can be found time and time again throughout history undermining God and even his 'chosen' messenger?

lastly, the source of the "jesus went into hell" story originates from the talmudic story about the same thing. the church just cleaned it up and made it mystical.

Also no mention of an everlasting hell fire or hell for that matter. Every scripture quoted about hell is referring to the grave death when you go back to Hebrew word and origin. Same with Easter there is no Easter. People celebrating tomorrow and Sunday can't count. Proof he was son of God would be dead 3days 3 nights. Days were measured even to even sunset to sunset. That's why he was already gone.

who's fighting?

I mean no mention of people going there and burning forever. Religions like to just threaten the weak into behaving.

There's a beautiful icon of it.

Your taking Jesus as Adam too literally. Adam sinned by eating from the tree and therefore punishing mankind. Jesus was the second Adam who was perfect and atoned for the sins of mankind.

This is based on denomination..
Catholics believe that you DO need good works.

news flash: the genesis story isn't literal. Adam didn't actually exist as a person, user. magical talking snakes and trees that give you knowledge also don't exist. you know that, r-right...?

He went to Abraham's bosom which was a holding cell for Jews before the messiah came

Where did people go in christian belief before christ was born and therefore they couldn't possibly be christian?

guys its good friday but i want to eat meat. what do?

there is tho in book of revelation

Thank you for your contribution.
Can you shed some light on the following :
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habiru

"a group of people living as nomadic invaders in areas of the Fertile Crescent from Northeastern Mesopotamia and Iran to the borders of Egypt in Canaan.[1] Depending on the source and epoch, these Habiru are variously described as nomadic or semi-nomadic, rebels, outlaws, raiders, mercenaries, and bowmen, servants, slaves, migrant laborers, etc. The Habiru are often identified as the early Hebrews."

It seems as though they were a group of people between empires who literally stole language, religion, and other components of surrounding kingdoms and cooked up their own self-interested story. Christianity just seems like a daughter language for subservient goyim.

Can you give some pointers on your sources?

>Why was Adam in limbo?
Adam did eat the apple when God specifically told them (Adam and Eve) not to. He is also the father of Cain, the first murderer.

So let me put it to you this way. You will know whether or not you are going to heaven before you die. You know if you're a good person or not. God is not using some complicated arithmetic to determine your afterlife. You know right now, and if you think you don't, you are lying to yourself.

the apostles talk about christians before christ

^Asking the important and obvious questions. Pull up a timeline of religion and history and you'll see the many different building blocks christianity and Judaism were built upon.

As for all of history, there are no gaps.
What comes after x is built atop it and borrows from it.

See my previous If Adam had not failed mankind would not have needed God to become human, once he became human he baca me the son of God. God and Jesus are two separate entities. Go back to Old Testament, the original text is eluim (sp?) it's plural. God also says let US make man in OUR image.

The jews are not God's chosen people, they used to be.

>Habiru
thanks I hadnt read about his yet. screencapped.

I don't have one source I can give like your's, user. For example, the "Jesus taught Zoroastrianism" claim can be verified by the fact Jesus' concept of the afterlife was purely Zoroastrian and not in any way Jewish.

Mebbe look into the Zend Avesta.

No there is the 1st second and 3rd resurrection, those in the third will be consumed in fire and written out of the book of life to be like they never have existed. There is no text saying they will burn in hell fire for eternity

dude stop shitposting

Jews do not believe in Jesus nor do they support the narrative of him. Judiasm is the basis of the bible and christianity. How do you reconcile this blaring paradox?

if you disagree with my claim let's talk about it. maybe you can explain why three Zoroastrian priests (magi) were the first people to visit Jesus after his birth and acknowledge him as Messiah?

youtube.com/watch?v=YdLjQpOB6sw

This is a good study on the subject. What you are seeing pictured is Abraham's Bosom. Its not hell.

The jews authored the bible. The torah (jewish) text is the basis of it.

So, are you telling me its also something that 'used to be'. When did jews stop becoming God's chosen people? Why wasn't all of man from conception of adam/eve god's chosen people? Why the favorites?

I don't reconcile it fuck Jews.
I take both old and New Testament. Christ said he came to fulfill the law, the Hebrew word used is the same word used by fishermen to fill their nets. Christ came to add to the law not take away from it. The trick is to discern what part of the Old Testament is written just to tell the Jews how to act like humans.
Christ spoke against the Pharisee's and you know it was Jews who were the money lenders in the temple.

Leaving perfection, nirvana, heaven, etc. for this 'hell hole' is the equivalent.

If you like that, I have managed to formulate an even deeper line on this material. For instance, Egypt for a time before the 'so called' exodus maintained an outpost in what is now referred to as Isreal. There were cuniform communications about the so called 'Habiru' - SAGA mounting raid attacks against it ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amarna_letters

This was around the time that monotheism was rising in Egypt. If you really want to peal some layers back read about Monotheism's rise in Egypt around the time that Jews claimed they were exiled.. Seems like they 'borrowed' from this as well.

>The jews authored the bible. The torah (jewish) text is the basis of it.So, are you telling me its also something that 'used to be'.
Don't know what you'r trying to say here.
> When did jews stop becoming God's chosen people?
When Jesus was born I think (or around that time).
>Why wasn't all of man from conception of adam/eve god's chosen people? Why the favorites?
You don't understand what chosen people means. I don't know the exact meaning either, but I belive it's to do with the historical mission of the jews, not God liking them more than the other nations.

God loves the broken. That's why Jesus broke bread with the tax collectors and prostitutes. God cursed the Jews many times throughout the Old Testament, for example worshipping false gods and partaking in fornication. Time and time again God kicked them out of the promised land of Israel.

Now we live in Christ whereby, the Jews were still chosen first (many of them did recognize the messiah at the time) to the rest of the world second. Bc the Jews rejected Christ as the messiah so they were once again kicked out of the promised land. Which begs to reason why the modern State of Israel shouldn't exist today.

For the Jews today, they are the Synagogue of Satan. Described clearly in Rev 2:9 & 3:9 and made more clear as to why in Rom 2:28-29.

Im trying to be a better informed christian but I just cant wrap my head around the trinity, I looked into unitarian christianity but appearently that is heresy. gibs help

Thanks

Ah the Aten monotheism. Yes. Have you taken the Amalekite redpill?

Magi are not uniquely Persian and thus Zoroastrian. It is a a Greek transnational nuance that influenced their identification. Since there had been no direct translation of "wise man" or "sage" name from Persia, they used Magi because it was also pertinent to what Herodotus described.

Yes at face value "magi" are priests of zoroaster, but that doesn't mean that's what the Greek evangelists meant when writing it down. It'd be like me calling someone an assassin when in reality the Hashshashin were an elite guild of their own that did the exact same thing I'm describing, separate from my interpretation of them.

Jacob (Israel) who was given the birthright had 12 sons. There are 12 tribes, Juda i.e. The Jews are one of the 12 tribes, they are mentioned many times over because of their disobedience and will be enslaved again in the end times because of it. The lost tribes also are Gods chosen people the Jews don't have a corner on being Gods chosen like they try to make you believe.

The Old Testament in based on the Torah.
A considerable amount of the bible is based on it. So, if you say 'fuck jews and their narrative'.. you're also saying 'fuck the bible and its narrative'. You can't decouple the two. One of you or both of you is wrong per such logic.

Add to the law? Was the word not complete before even creation? Was there warning that the written word was incomplete before it was added to? is there going to be another editing of the bible unannounced? The trick I'm starting to see is that there are much older works that are quite similar. Even the 10 commandments ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_Hammurabi

Essentially, there were strong and reasoned religions .. some even monotheistic long before jews/torah christian/bible. What in the world supports a religion 100s and 1000s of years after older forms of it? Whose to say both weren't just recreations of older works?

the very word "magi" derived from Zoroastrianism. no one else in Scripture was ever called "magi" except the 3 magi. your squirming has been noticed.

>transnational
translational

did you even read my post?

Magi were known to greeks as "eastern sages"

Jews don't follow the Torah anymore you dolt. Stop advocating for them. Do you see them making burn offerings for atonement of their sins? Many other shit in the OT they don't observe.

They rejected Jesus Christ as the messiah, therefore they are antichrist. Simple as that.

3097 mágos (plural, magi) – properly, belonging to "the Magoi; a Magian, one of a sacred caste, originally Median, who seem to have conformed to the Persian religion (ZOROASTRIANISM), while retaining some of their old beliefs (v. DB, I vol., 565 f.; DB, iii, 203 ff.): Mt 2:1,7,16; a wizard, sorcerer: Ac 13:6,8" (Abbott-Smith).

biblehub.com/greek/3097.htm

I won't let you confuse knowledge or history, user :) Can you tell me why Simon the Magician wasn't called "magi" or any other wise person in the New Testament? Go ahead. I'll wait.

Hell represents losing faith or belief in God. Without faith, we become like animals. Only worrying about when our next fuck or next meal is coming. Also we are absolutely terriefied of death. When your faith returns, these earthly tethers dissapear. Jesus lost his faith and dwelled amongts the unbelievers for 7 years so that he could relate to them and help them leave this state of lower being. The Mormon faith refers to this as the "Outer Darkness."

God or the 'word'/law naturally function in such a way w.r.t to the marginalized? Cursed? Kingdoms and a people rise and fall constantly throughout history. It's the law of change. No one holds a special deal in this regard as no one is above the laws that govern the universe.

Just about every kingdom is built on a strict adherence to law and order and over time unwinds and falls apart. There weren't special forces that ended British Imperialism beyond the laws of gravity.

The jews were chosen first? The 'jews' didn't even exist for thousands of years while kingdoms were rising and falling.. While certain groups were marginalized and at the fringes of society... You think the jews were the first people to suffer? LOL

But here... here is a gem from you :
> Which begs to reason why the modern State of Israel shouldn't exist today.

> For the Jews today, they are the Synagogue of Satan. Described clearly in Rev 2:9 & 3:9 and made more clear as to why in Rom 2:28-29.

Than what of the religion that spawned from them known as Christianity? I guess you're claiming Christianity is completely decoupled?

P.S - There is no begging of reason.. Israel exists today because the Christian faith held by many powered countries still believes Jews are God's special people and thus defends them.

>who seem to have conformed to the Persian religion

again lad, you're describing the actual CLASS of people (who were the priests you're describing).

I'm talking about the NAME.

Assassin was already a term widely used in Greeco-Roman times. But do you think they were talking about the Hashshashin of Persia?

>Old Testament based on Torah
That's why you have to ignore parts of the Old Testament some are Jewish law.
>was law perfect add to it
The law was perfect but man was not, Adam failed man. Christ had to redeem man which is why he had to add to the law. The penalty of sin was death in Old Testament Adam sinned. Death forever for all mankind. Christ took that penalty when he died for our sins. Thereby giving us a chance at a life after death.

Went to Catholic Mass recently. They took that line out of the creed and I had to look it up to make sure I didn't get Mandela'd.

What are they hiding?

LITERALISTS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Can you tell me why Simon the Magician wasn't called "magi" or any other wise person in the New Testament? Go ahead. I'll wait.

Interesting.I haven't. Can you give me a quick summary?

Fffy

WE WUZ _____

what is the blank? say it nigger

Really? What is the line?

I am christian and I have always been intrigued by this.

What about when I first accepted Jesus? I was a bad person until 19 then I was saved I asked for forgiveness and etc. But at that time I didn't know if I had been saved or not. Now I know I am on a right path with God I pray everyday. But what about before? When I was just a beginner in Jesus?

I think if you believe in God and have true faith it will show in your works. Thats how you prove to yourself you have faith.

I just ate a slice of Liverwurst today, plz carry on for me user.

I also am interested in this: I was told by a Baptist Pastor that Adam AND Jesus are God's sons but differently.. Can you elaborate on that please.

Thank you for this reference and mention. I intend to do some more research on it ..

Sure. Jews were not slaves in Egypt (See Source at end). But we both know when Jews lie they include some truth. So the Jews WERE enslaved, but not by Egyptians. Instead, they were enslaved by a group of Aryan peoples called the Amalekites. They were a weaker Nation than Egypt, but if you're a Jew just starting out, you dont want your descendants to think some random group of people enslaved you -- you want them to think only the most powerful Nation on Earth (Egypt) could do that, and even then, your God was strong. The Jews were enslaved by the Amalekites, not Egyptians. And today, Jews believe German/Europeans are the descendants of Amalek. "Amalek" is a spiritual term for the Aryan race.

"Remember what Amalek did to you along the way when you came out from Egypt, 18how he met you along the way and attacked among you all the stragglers at your rear when you were faint and weary; and he did not fear God. 19"Therefore it shall come about when the LORD your God has given you rest from all your surrounding enemies, in the land which the LORD your God gives you as an inheritance to possess, you shall blot out the memory of Amalek from under heaven; you must not forget."

^ this verse is the true agenda of the Jew, and also happens to be the origin of the "Never forget!" meme.

Deuteronomy 25:17-19

I believe it's just "and He descended into Hell."

Gone. Why?

Jews are Satan-worshiping usurers who stole the name of Jesus' tribe in order to disguise themselves.

Revelation 2:9 (KJV)

"And I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan."

> Jews don't follow the Torah anymore you dolt.
Is this real life? Do christians follow the bible? Is water wet?

But here it is from your own mouth...
> They rejected Jesus Christ as the messiah, therefore they are antichrist.

haaretz.com/jewish/the-jewish-thinker/were-jews-ever-really-slaves-in-egypt-or-is-passover-a-myth-1.420844

>what is a homonym

Sounds odd, but honestly if you don't know then neither do I. I'm quite overwhelmed by all the conflicting accounts and beliefs here. I don't know what to think right now.

so you cant then? well. I guess ill just have to accept your defeat.

>P.S - There is no begging of reason.. Israel exists today because the Christian faith held by many powered countries still believes Jews are God's special people and thus defends them.
Bc people don't know the bible. Or don't care to know the bible. The answers are there.

Christianity is simply the belief in Jesus that he died for all sin, PAST, PRESENT, and FUTURE. So that will suffice for rebuttal towards "b-b-but there were so many other people on the earth before the Jews."

Jews do not believe in Christ. They didn't recognize their messiah, even though he fulfilled all of the prophecy in their Torah at the time. They rejected him. They continue to deny him. They are antichrist.

People suffer eternally because they are spiritually dead and therefore cannot view the world beyond the material. This makes every second of their existence not mindlessly going after material gain or striving after some meaningless goal consist of suffering. If these people were alone in the wilderness they would go insane within a few hours.

christogenea.org/overview/concise-explanation-creation-jewish-people

Because they are not God's chosen people.

K, so question.. Adam/Eve.. The fall. Sin.
2 human beings. Why not end it there? Why thousands of years of stumbling and suffering?
Why add more souls to the equation?

We can rewind this back all the way up to heaven.. When there was a 'battle' and 'fall'.

What's really going on as there seems to be more to this so called story... One that began even before man was created.

Proof God, Jesus, the same entity

Do you recognise the difference between a 21st century magician, a magus known to the greco-romans, and a persian magician?

I'll wait

Why did Jesus go to hell?

i understand you don't know the bible. But try to understand me when Jesus came and died for all sin, so no more atonement is needed outside of having full faith in Him.

>maybe if I switch the topic slightly he'll forget I wasnt able to give an example of any other magician or wiseman in the NT being called "magi" like the 3 magi who visited jesus at birth

:^) im kicking a dead horse at this point.

God created Adam with his own hands, he also transformed The Word (Christ) from God to human form. This is the origin of what we call family. They became his sons. There is a God family. Going back it refers to Christ as The Word and the word was God. Eluim (sp?) is plural. That's why it says let us make man in our image.
It's also why the destruction of the family is a main goal of the left, they are doing the devils work.

So Adam was Gods first son. He failed man by eating from the tree. Christ was the second Adam sent to atone for mans sins. And in doing so became God's son.

He has to go there after it is all said and done, for eternity to pay for all our sins. Even the sinners get out but Jesus must remain floating in lava or standing on his head in shit, with 15 minute coffee breaks