CATHOLIC GENERAL: GOOD FRIDAY EDITION

WHO /GOINGTOCHURCHTHENWATCHINGBASEDMEL'S MASTERPIECE/ HERE?

Other urls found in this thread:

usccb.org/bible/readings/041417.cfm
newadvent.org/
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA
edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2010/04/meaning-of-passion.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

LINKS ETC

CATHOLIC GENERAL
>IT'S HOLY WEEK SO LET'S SEE HOW CATHOLIC GENERALS DO ON NON-SUNDAYS

Everyone is welcome.
Discuss news, ask question, give answers, be kind to one another, and above all assist one another in living the virtuous life.

Today is Good Friday
Here are your daily readings
usccb.org/bible/readings/041417.cfm

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!
>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.K)
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.S/Can)
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

Ayy, my thread got archived.
I'm trying to get more involved in religion spirituality. I'm just not gangsta enough for the "nothing matters" life I guess.

Find out the time of Good Friday mass at your nearest Catholic Church user. If you're going to leap, you may as well leap in at the deep end.

From there, you will see WHY you find the 'nothing matters' falacy to be unbelievable. Then, once you've been to mass, & seen why religious devotion is important, you can focus on deepening that devotion

>Christianity is the only religion on earth that has felt that omnipotence made God incomplete. Christianity alone felt that God, to be wholly God, must have been a rebel as well as a king. Alone of all creeds, Christianity has added courage to the virtues of the Creator. For the only courage worth calling courage must necessarily mean that the soul passes a breaking point -- and does not break.

Also, who else /blackfast/ here?

I much prefer the Zeferelli movie.

Going to veneration of the cross at 3 PM, then getting confirmed in the Catholic Church tomorrow night!!!

Also, all the candidates at my church get their feet washed on Holy Thursday. It was a strange but beautiful experience, having the priest bow down before you and kiss your feet.

Hello to all in this sad yet joyful day.

Welcome home user. Congrats on taking the courageous step to follow the Prodigal Son & return to your father
Helle Polebro. Sad, yes, but as we know, without a Good Friday there can be no Easter Sunday

Please help solve a dispute between me and a Catholic friend of mine. Is catholism christian?

It's THE original Christianity, Sven. The only people who dispute that are protestants who try to justify their church breaking from the Catholic Church

Thx. She is Catholic and still refuses to accept this

bless you anons, be praying for all Sup Forumsacks today

today is not the day to argue with protestants
remember the Lord Jesus today, the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world

She's not protestant. She's Catholic

my mistake, anyway I stand by my point

Eh I'm not Christian but it irritates me that she can't understand her own religion

Symphating with heretics on the most important day in Christianity?

that's for God to judge

Feser has a good meditation for today: edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2010/04/meaning-of-passion.html

>838 "The Church knows that she is joined in many ways to the baptized who are honored by the name of Christian, but do not profess the Catholic faith in its entirety or have not preserved unity or communion under the successor of Peter."322 Those "who believe in Christ and have been properly baptized are put in a certain, although imperfect, communion with the Catholic Church."323 With the Orthodox Churches, this communion is so profound "that it lacks little to attain the fullness that would permit a common celebration of the Lord's Eucharist."324

I would rather share communion with protestants today than call them heretics

Thanks for that Polebro.

Time for me to go participate in Our Lord's passion, Catholads.

Pax Vobis

bump

Yes

Catholics aren't Christian

No

Catholics aren't real Christians

>I would rather share communion with protestants
I'd sooner attend a Hindu sacrifice

daily reminder that Romanism is a heterodox cult which denies the Biblical doctrine of justification by faith apart from meritorious works as per Paul's entire argument in Romans 4

Calling catholics not real christians is like calling coca-cola not real coke

what did he mean by this