Brit/pol/ - Runswick Edition

Today’s Articles

> Labour would change law on High Street bank closures
www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics

> 'Thermo-nuclear war may break out any moment': North Korea hits back at Trump, accuses the president of 'troublemaking' with his tweets and says they will detonate a nuke 'whenever they see fit'
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4411108/North-Korea-hits-Trump-ahead-Day-Sun.html

> Ruth Davidson blasts Nicola Sturgeon’s ‘GROSS HYPOCRISY’ as ‘rape clause’ row escalates
express.co.uk/news/uk/791834/ruth-davidson-nicola-sturgeon-scotland-gross-hypocrisy-rape-clause-row-child-tax-credit

> John McDonnell: Boris Johnson has 'embarrassed' Britain over Russia sanctions
news.sky.com/story/john-mcdonnell-boris-johnson-has-embarrassed-britain-over-russia-sanctions-10834503

> ‘Stop being racist to Muslims or die,’ hackers tell far-right group Britain First
rt.com/uk/384641-britain-first-bomb-threat/

> Jeremy Corbyn Responsible For Most Of All Labour's Popularity, Diane Abbott Says
huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jeremy-corbyn-diane-abbott_uk_58efc7c3e4b0b9e9848a5e66?ir=UK Politics&utm_hp_ref=uk-politics

> Why Lib Dems are anything but a 'dead parrot' as by-election looms
news.sky.com/story/why-lib-dems-are-anything-but-a-dead-parrot-as-by-election-looms-10836268

> U.S. Drops the Military's Biggest Non-Nuclear Bomb in Afghanistan
bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-04-13/u-s-drops-biggest-bomb-on-islamic-state-caves-in-afghanistan

>FT: SNP looks to take control of Glasgow from Labour
archive.fo/DauRl

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vH3-Gt7mgyM
theguardian.com/books/2017/apr/14/british-american-jewish-londoner-will-self
bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-39601337
bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39533308
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We are a united people. When anybody preaches disunity, or tries to pit one of us against the other, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives

Scots are fat cucked nonces

agreed

*Tips menorah*

Turn Pyongyang to glass.
Do the same with Tehran and the whole of Saudi Arabia while we're at it,

Wondering if I should become a long distance delivery driver. Obviously automation is going to hurt this industry in the next decade, but I enjoy driving and I would prefer to be doing something on my own

youtube.com/watch?v=vH3-Gt7mgyM

Lorry driving is good money if you don't mind the hours, by the time automation moves in the next 10-20 years you should be in management so would escape the consequences.

Careful down Calais lad.

this, something big will happen

merely an act
waste of time and money and lives

who cares about north korea lol

Stop fucking lying. Brits are only together when groupthink, plotted and planned, encourages it. The exact same tossers who often talk about unity (not you) are the same ones who like dividing up regions into factions and enemies. Not very friendly ones, either. It's a myth. Fuck the muslims, but most people here won't dare talk about you know who.

Fancy that. They are cowards.

word. my normie friends want to check it out, suppose i'll join them

i'll be lining his pockets later on, don't worry

they're very manufactured and clinical in some spoons

Why did they send our boys to die in foreign fields?

>Driving through Calais

British policy in Europe intended that no country in Europe should become completely dominant. If Russia, France, Germany and Austria-Hungary worried about each other, then they would be less of a threat to Britain. By about 1907 it was becoming clear to Britain that the greatest potential threat to Britain was going to be Germany. The strong economy, large population and powerful armed forces of Germany seemed to be capable of dominating Europe. As a result, Britain began to support Russia and France. Britain joined the Triple Entente.

Despite being part of the Triple Entente, Britain was not committed to going to war in 1914. The Foreign Secretary, Sir Edward Grey, spent much of the summer of 1914 furiously trying to reassure Russia and Germany and prevent a war happening. Even when German troops invaded France and Belgium as part of the Schlieffen Plan, Britain did not have to go to war.

Germany hoped Britain would stay out of the war altogether. However, the Germans knew that Britain had promised to defend Belgium under the Treaty of London of 1839. The Germans wanted the British government to ignore the Treaty of London and let the German army pass through Belgium. The British government made much of their duty to protect Belgium. Belgium's ports were close to the British coast and German control of Belgium would have been seen as a serious threat to Britain. In the end, Britain refused to ignore the events of 4 August 1914, when Germany attacked France through Belgium. Within hours, Britain declared war on Germany. The Kaiser said how foolish he thought the British were. He said that Britain had gone to war for the sake of a "scrap of paper".

Within a few more days, Britain, France and Russia (the Allies) were all officially at war with Germany and Austria-Hungary (the Central Powers). What had started as a small, local problem in the Balkans was turning into the biggest and most brutal war the world had ever seen.

Memeing Holland backfired

If only we had seen the future, fighting a brutal bloody wall costing millions of young men for a non-country that then would rule over you 100 years later.

Thanks Tony Robinson

>In the corner of some foreign field
>The gunner sleeps tonight
>What's done is done
>We cannot just write off his final scene
>Take heed of the dream
>Take heed

what happened to Kristenlad? haven't seen him in a while

>Great Britain

this lad, the Germans were petulant and ascending in industrially, it was inevitable.

I believe we signed a defence treaty with France? in relation to potential German aggression, after the Boer wars because Germany supplied weapons and aid to the Boers. They did this because they wanted greater dominion in Africa.

>Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves!
>Britons never, never, never shall be slaves.
We never chose our destiny. We're the voice for the voiceless.

MI5 torture pyramid, probably

Post pictures that are comfy on multiple levels.

burn it to the ground

theguardian.com/books/2017/apr/14/british-american-jewish-londoner-will-self

>Call me British, American, Jewish, Londoner – just don’t call me patriotic

Will BTFO

Wish I still lived by the sea.

Lads how realistic is the CANZUK union? Would it work?

Back when my town was not shit.

A Farron meme a day keeps the racist, xenophobic, Nazi Tories away

i like to think it could happen in our lifetime, would probably have benefits as well as slight detriments

i'm basing this on zero knowledge of unions and trade deals

"Once again, I am here for Iran, for Islam, for freedom and for more stability in this country. I am urging all Iranians to vote for Iran and for Islam," Rouhani told reporters.

He won election by a landslide in 2013 on a platform of ending the Islamic Republic's diplomatic isolation and creating a freer society, but faces a stiff challenge from conservative hardliners because of discontent over the economy.

Influential Shi'ite cleric Ebrahim Raisi, the custodian of a powerful organisation in charge of Iran’s holiest shrine, appears to be the leading hardline candidate.

----------------

I like how full-on Islamists are described by Western media as mere "hardliners" whilst white people who want low immigration are "extremists".

It's not all its cracked up to be. When it's cold its colder than normal because of sea fret and fog, and when it's hot all the chinese and muslim tourists come and ruin everything.

I don't want anything to do with Canada at this point.

Is dole pay really this little these days? Are people meme'ing when they say they live off it?

Have another

it pays more than some apprenticeships. which os completely backwards and stupid in my opinion

This why I would go somewhere comfy like North or Mid Wales.

Scarborough, Bridlington and Flamborough and the A-Grade British Seaside towns.

I feel like I made that image but i'm really not sure

Why did the arrest of a terror suspect need to be authorised?

Never seen large amounts of Asians in Scarborough pal. Scarborough to Whitby bike ride is peak comfy, there's a youth hostel right next to Whitby Abbey

It was me, I've been messing about with Photoshop

Oh boy.

What shitter would take an apprenticeship that pays less than 3 grand a year?

G-good afternoon, Anglo-senpais.

People fake disabilities mate, I know a guy getting over 1000 pound a month with free rent for something he faked.

Me on the left.

Scarborough itself is 95%+ white, but on really hot days all the pakis and chinks on holiday or from Leeds and York (mainly) come.

bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-39601337

A young British girl riding a train was hacked to death today by a Palestinian terrorist.

Now his picture will be hung in town centers, his name will be praised by Fatah and Hamas and sweets will be handed out.

In the next few months the Palestinian Authority will begin to pay that terrorist and his family a monthly salary as reward for this disgusting act, made possible with money the British government provides them every year.

Congratulations Britain, you're funding the murder of your own citizens now, not just Israeli ones.

So we're funding attacks on Israelis now? I thought we were supporting Israeli wars? Gets very confusing.

>Since 1815, Belgium had been a part of the United Kingdom of the Netherlands. In 1830 Catholic Belgians broke away and established an independent Kingdom of Belgium. They could not accept the Dutch king's favouritism toward Protestantism and his disdain for the French language.

>Going to war over a treaty signed to aid French speaking Catholics
DISGUST

It'll end up being a globalists wet dream like the EU run by neoliberals.

Oh, I must have made a similar one then.

h-hello.

Stupid idea.

you don't understand
we need a thread to america's dominance
that will fix everything

ohayou gozaimasu. daisuki potato-kun

threat*

Who else here smashes Easter eggs on their forehead?

America's dominance will fall as the hands of the Jews and the Chinks.

Britain will soldier on.

bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39533308

>Artificial intelligence: How to avoid racist algorithms
>Zoe Kleinman

Stop smashing Easter eggs on your forehead.

I-it's not like I wanted you to notice me or anything, Anglo b-b-baka.

Could have been possible had UK joined EU (ECSC) at the very beginning and shaped its direction from the onset, rather than do so much later and get itself utterly cucked in the 70s

>Not breaking them in half exactly down the middle
Doing it wrong lad

potato-kun status: noticed

Why don't you rat him out and take the fat cheque from Theresa May for being a good boy and illuminating dole fraud?

>chocolate Easter eggs
I have one slightly runny half-boiled egg, to celebrate

We shouldn't worry about American dominance atm. If we fix our own problems, we'll be in a stronger position on the world stage. But that isn't gonna happen any time soon

>But that isn't gonna happen any time soon

It will never happen.

To be fair, we did try and join earlier but were blocked by the French.

You are given an unlimited amount of time, money and resources to turn Blackpool into the British Vegas. What do you do?

No meme responses.

'American dominance' is muh military bases and muh movie exports. They don't have the spine to go out and claim whatever they want.

>We shouldn't worry about American dominance atm
American dominance is absolutely the problem, and is a major driving force of other problems

Start drilling for shale oil and gas in Lancashire would be a good start.

Why would I use those resources to turn it into Vegas?

>tfw not a bingbong

Why would Lib Dems steal Conservative's seats? Surely it'll be the Labour voters who will switch sides.

What else does Blackpool have going for it?

It lives and breaths tourism. Turning it into the British Vegas would be snatching the under 21s from the real Vegas and bringing money to Lancashire.

Didn't we piss off De Gaulle by invading Jordan or something?

Like what?

Globalism

There's some speculation that they might steal a handful of Remain voting Tory seats, possibly why Mummy May is holding out until 2020 when Brexit wont be a political issues.

2020 will then be the start of the 1000 Year Tory Reich then.

idk, lobby for Blackpool to become a self governing crown dependency and deregulate everything.