Will atheists ever accept the fact evolution is only a theory?

Will atheists ever accept the fact evolution is only a theory?

Other urls found in this thread:

dictionary.com/browse/only?s=t
youtube.com/watch?v=DtU5q4z-xXc
m.phys.org/news/2016-11-theory-gravity-dark.html
physics.weber.edu/amiri/physics1010online/WSUonline12w/OnLineCourseMovies/CircularMotion&Gravity/reviewofgravity/ReviewofGravity.html
rationalcatholic.blogspot.com/2017/03/gods-periodic-tableand-evolution.html
quora.com/How-does-human-consciousness-work
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes

>Americans ACTUALLY believe the universe is a few thousand years old and was made in 6 days

Yes

It's a known fact that Satan buried those bones to trick us into accepting that homosexuals are why people die.

Prove it wasnt

yes + niggers were spawned by Adam & Eva

Friendly reminder that Israel/CIA/Shariablue create religious threads in an attempt to cause infighting among us. It's classic D&C (divide and conquer). Ignore religion threads: the OP is NEVER sincere with his questions or points. It all just to start a fight.

Everything is a "theory." See David Hume and philosophical skepticism in general.

I want to sell out and be a professional shill
sage

>infighting among us
Sup Forums is a Christian board
Anyone who objects is outed as a redditor

So is gravity and emotion. Are you aware that everything in modern science is a theory or are you really that stupid?

>Us

who the fuck are you?

>Are you aware that everything in modern science is a theory
Yes that is why I am not a materialist

>kids who abuse the word "theory"
You right triggered me you twat. Now fuck off with this shitty bait.

Evolution isn't incompatible with Christianity

>correct use is somehow abuse

Wat do you mean with "only"?

Do you have a job that you get paid for? Or are you not a true non materialist?

gravity is also a theory please try and debunk it by jumping out of a window you dumb cunt

a hypothesis is an answer based on nothing

a theory is an answer based on evidence

IE going off your statement my theory is you are either retarded or a troll

But why? Humans are still on top according to both views.

If you learn Santa isn't real does it make your Christmas present less special?

At least they have a theory.
Besides the Vatican believes in evolution

Not being a materialist does not mean you need to reject the material world
dictionary.com/browse/only?s=t

Yes goys! Fight it out!

English doesn't have double negatives, my Magyar friend

I've debated evolutionists, they believe based upon the percieved authority of the scientific community much like man made global warmers do. They repeat from a list of about 80-120 "evidence" which is easily shown not to be. Many from the UK are sold and indoctrinated on this.

Prove evolution doesnt exist. By the same logic religionfags use, anything can be true if you think it is. For example,
>drumpf is a russian puppet
>prove he is
>prove he isnt
>wtf trump is a russian shill now because i cant prove he isnt

say that in real life and watch as london revolts against the crown. they will throw your fig pudding eating faggot ass form a roof

WERE YOU THERE?

youtube.com/watch?v=DtU5q4z-xXc

And
anything you cant prove not to be true therefore could be
lrn2 basic logic

But thats not the point. Claiming higher powers exist and saying that they could exist is different.

I never claimed it could be proven
Religion has always been based on personal revelation

>mfw Americans still don't know what theory means
So happy to be leaving this shit-show of a country.

This has to be Ken Ham's textbook it just has too.

So now its not a theory?
Then what is it?

If people understood what the word theory actually means there probably wouldn't be as much confusion. In most people's vocabulary, a theory is incorrectly assumed to be sort of like a guess or a hunch. In science, a theory is pretty damn good, it's basically the best thing we have come up with so far that has not yet been proven to be wrong.

theory
[thee-uh-ree, theer-ee]
noun, plural the·o·ries.
1) a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena:
Einstein's theory of relativity
2) a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact
(Source: Dictionary.com)

This would make nice T-Shit

The only confusion is with butthurt atheists that think theory = fact

Will Christians ever learn the bible is just another book written by man?

citation needed

you posted it from a dictionary: a theory is a proposed explanation to explain a phenomena. It's entirely the opposite of anything proven or established. It's a conjecture to explain something.

Evidence is what matters. And evolution theory after all these years still doesn't have it.

>Will atheists ever accept the fact evolution is only a theory?
They have to, per definition. Believing something without being able to question it would make them theists.

Fuck off troll.

A theory is the best explanation we've got based on the evidence we have. When new evidence is uncovered, theories can change.

>Believing something without being able to question it would make them theists.
or naturalists
So angry

he's the troll asking for proof?

>Believing something without being able to question it would make them theists.
how do you figure?

>best explanation
opinion

>conflating evolution with natural selection when the former is clearly observable in anything you look at, and the latter is a consequence of it.

and the bible does?
the difference between science and religion is that science is open to change. it is constantly changing based on new evidence.
if new evidence appeared that pointed towards the earth being 6000 years old then science would accept that, as it does not have an irrational emotional interest in self-preservation. however, evolution seems to be the best way to make sense of the information we have at the current time.
what people don't get is that science is a process and not an explanatory framework. it has never claimed to know everything and never will. it takes the information that is there and finds theories to try and explain it.
i am not a fundamentalist atheist, i am an agnostic, as if there is a god/s it has not affected my life in any way and it is so far beyond my comprehension that to come down strongly either way would be like a 2 year old passing judgment on a doctoral physics thesis.
stop it you fucking morons
christ

Citation for the claim that the bible was written by man? It obviously is. It has over 35 different authors. God himself didn't write it because he doesn't exist.

>A theory that explains a phenomenon in the most detailed way with the least amount of flaws isn't objectively the best

he also conflated a theory with an untested hypothesis.

>God himself didn't write it because he doesn't exist
citation needed
>objectively the best
I don't think you know what the term objectively means

I'm an atheist and believe it is only a theory. It's the best theory too.

A theory is a hypotesis backed by overwelming evidence my man.

So is gravity.

>A theory is the best explanation we've got based on the evidence we have.
no, a theory and evidence is two different things. A theory may be based on evidence but it's not the best explanation based on evidence we have, it's merely a conjecture to explain a phenomena. This is science, you can't just wish something on to change its definition.

A scientific fact, as seen through empirical science is what is best, but the evidence for a theory is what matters.

How?
Are you saying evolution is an untested hypothesis because its the only thing I mentioned

Ok do cosmic events count? Cause a cosmic event mentioned in the Vedas is 10,000 years old and it was observed by humans

So is it a theory or not?
Gravity is a physical law

>observed by humans
That does not prove anything

But that's just a theory... a gay theory...

>the difference between science and religion is that science is open to change
evolution isn't science, it's a scientific theory.

>if new evidence appeared that pointed towards the earth being 6000 years old then science would accept that
no it wouldn't because of dogma.

>as it does not have an irrational emotional interest in self-preservation
words, just words. Scientists have faith in many things and dogma seeks to preserve certain theories alive. For instance, you can study 911 and see scientifically it cannot have happened the way the government says, yet you can then affirm most scientists believe that it did. Dogma and non examination is what this is. Most scientists haven't studied the events of 911 nor have they studied the evidence for evolution, they have merely learned it and then regurgitate it.

that'll be enough for now

Everyone knows evolution is a theory, so is gravity. theres more proof for evolution then there is god so I guess god isn't even as good as a theory.

>more proof for evolution then there is god
opinion

"My theory is better than your theory"

They described a cosmic event that would've occurred 10,000 years ago, how does that not prove anything

If its an opinion whats your proof of god? is it your holy book? because that was written by a bunch of shitskins who didn't know where the sun went at night.

How is that an opinion? There is plenty of proof of evolution. For Christ sake (pun) there are shit loads of skeletons underground proving this. The whale still has a hind leg bone.

Fact. Give me one shred of evidence that the sould exists. Protip: you can't

*the soul exists

When will bible believers accept the fact that they were Aliens that came here, not God and his angels.

>This is what DARWINISTS actually believe

>gravity is a physical force
Wrong it is an emergent concept Einstein theory is almost on the verge of being proven wrong

m.phys.org/news/2016-11-theory-gravity-dark.html

You cannot quantify "amount of proof"
You cannot prove 5 seconds ago actually happened

You cannot naturally explain personal consciousness

>doesnt understand that the picture is of a theoretical concept, not a real thing. Maybe autism prevents people from know the difference between a concept and a theory

>not being christian and also believing in evolution

you cant get more bluepilled than this

I know one Christian since this country isn't ass-backwards when it comes to common sense.

A series of feedback loops in the brain. Next?

Holy shit I seriously hope this textbook wasn't published as scientific literature.
there are no 'halfway forms' like evolution is something that happens on a stage to stage basis.

So, according to you, all science is just a theory? I can only imagine the mental gimnastics you do to prove yourself computers aren't real.

physics.weber.edu/amiri/physics1010online/WSUonline12w/OnLineCourseMovies/CircularMotion&Gravity/reviewofgravity/ReviewofGravity.html
citation needed

Okay, then tell me any bit of proof for God. If any. Wait, there is no proof? Then there is more evidence for evolution than God.

So you have none other then your "faith" got it keep sucking the dead jew dick.

We should believe a book that went through layers of language transformation but not a book that is still available in its original language, ok then

ok i made general statements. generally, there is less dogma and more openness to change. that does not always apply but to claim that religion isn't more motivated by irrationality than science is ridiculous.
>inb4 i didn't claim that
it is implicit in your argument, as you are claiming that science isn't infallible. i am aware of this, i am arguing that it is vastly less self-interested and irrational than religion.
this argument is tired because you will never make a case for why your theory is right based on actual rigorous logical methods.
you will just try to pick holes in science in order to discredit in the hope this will somehow make your version of events more credible.
you will always be able to find flaws in any system created by humans as obviously no system is homogeneous.
as we can never really truly know anything, the discussion is about probability.
it is vastly more likely that there are fossils in the ground carbon dated to millions of years ago because they actually lived there millions of years ago, than god put them there.
it is vastly more likely that animals have vestigial organs and bones (e.g. whale leg bone above) because they were useful in earlier evolutionary forms of that animal rather than god decided to give them useless vestigial bones and organs.
this is based on logic.
if you are not willing to accept logic as the basis for understanding the universe and instead choose faith, there is no point in us having this discussion. we may as well be speaking different languages.

Ok why am I aware of them?
They should just happen

You can be christian and an evolutionary

Breaking news, I know

Will Jesusfreaks ever accept the fact that their creation story is only a myth, like the creation stories of untold numbers of religions before them?

Universe exists
This proofs naturalism false
There is no natural way to create matter and energy out of nothing

rationalcatholic.blogspot.com/2017/03/gods-periodic-tableand-evolution.html

Im not getting paid to tutor you so read this. quora.com/How-does-human-consciousness-work

Shieet nigga that's some quality larping of you believe newtons laws of gravity still apply

Yeah there called bad Christians.

'they should just happen'
>should
book called godel esher bach: an eternal golden braid. about feedback loops, self reference and consciousness. if you read that and understand it you would not be on Sup Forums

>western creationists still exist
We live in a fucked up world.

Quantum physics say otherwise

Nonsense
There is no way to test consciousness because there is no way of knowing what you are testing is conscious or not