You fucking Retards need to learn about the Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense System

I'm tired of all you fucking ill-informed fuckwits going on about California being nuked or Japan being nuked.
None of you fucks realize we have the most advance and encompassing missile defense systems in the world.

>What the fuck is Aegis?
"A United States Department of Defense Missile Defense Agency program developed to provide missile defense against short to intermediate-range ballistic missiles."
"It enables warships to shoot down enemy ballistic missiles by expanding the Aegis Combat System with the addition of the AN/SPY-1 radar and Standard missile technologies."

>How the fuck does it work?
youtube.com/watch?v=oMaOxAqT2Qc (Includes shilling via LockheedMartin)
youtube.com/watch?v=aMSEtDDyVoo
youtube.com/watch?v=htHxV0DN44Q
youtube.com/watch?v=sbv-Vky1aVM

>Fuck you nigger, it isn't effective
There has been 36 successful tests conducted of the Aegis system, out of a total of 45 dating back to 1997.
Don't believe it? Check out this of a SM-3 shooting down a satellite
youtube.com/watch?v=-bw8MdEaWPU
youtube.com/watch?v=GPSWixDdxZw
Want even more test footage?
youtube.com/watch?v=t5lRZf0sj8k

Oh and we have more than just one missile defense program, AEGIS is just the Navy's
The United States Army also has their own, THAAD, Terminal High Altitude Area Defense
"THAAD has been deployed in the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, and South Korea."
youtube.com/watch?v=W-e0b_Y4sJY
youtube.com/watch?v=S65JESDwUTU
youtube.com/watch?v=7IHAgdWtkLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Q3SMs_IR1vc (THAAD Extended Range)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H1o4B9SWrX4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIM-104_Patriot
youtube.com/watch?v=xU9C2iLm764
lockheedmartin.com/us/products/PAC-3.html
bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-35091675
liveleak.com/view?i=8c5_1441384963
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aegis_Ballistic_Missile_Defense_System
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maneuverable_reentry_vehicle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground-Based_Midcourse_Defense
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Note_(2017_film)
youtube.com/watch?v=DuN-qTyAsK4
youtube.com/watch?v=1s77cqabHsM
youtube.com/watch?v=frOqRHbfX5o
youtube.com/watch?v=8r_4cQ1dca0
youtube.com/watch?v=QtuN8UuAWTg
voltairenet.org/article185860.html
non-intervention.com/2702/president-trump-with-respect-start-ruthlessly-purging-the-u-s-general-officer-corps/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're not wrong.

DPRK has submarines
Op is invalid

This. Also:
youtube.com/watch?v=H1o4B9SWrX4

bamp

Such overwhelming evidence.

>OP is invalid
Oh yeah goy lets ignore the fact that I said we have multiple missle defense programs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIM-104_Patriot
youtube.com/watch?v=xU9C2iLm764
lockheedmartin.com/us/products/PAC-3.html

>all this engineering
Does anyone else love being American?

>most advance and encompassing missile defense systems in the world.
>cant take down 2 commercial airplanes

Aegis can't hit an ICBM once it's out of boost phase.

Proofs? Also dprk doesn't have decent icbms

I hope it works better than Patriot MARK 100500 systems? Hopes it can handle something newer than late 1960's build? Otherwise you are fucked.

bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-35091675
liveleak.com/view?i=8c5_1441384963

dont forget THAAD and GMD

On that note, I'm more worried about a conventional bombardment of northern Worst Korea potentially with chemical and biological agents

>There has been 36 successful tests conducted of the Aegis system, out of a total of 45 dating back to 1997.
I wouldnt risk Tokyo with these odds.

>most advance and encompassing missile defense systems in the world.

This is wrong. Rest is true

Meh I would.

It was a staged event committed by Mossad. I thought this shit was common knowledge by now.

Alps don't count cheesenegro

True but the THAAD system probably could.

All this high tech and we still have nigger and spic problems.

>Im just going to tell lies on the internet
Its literally designed to kill post boost before
reentry
>"Aegis BMD (also known as Sea-Based Midcourse) is designed to intercept ballistic missiles post-boost phase and prior to reentry."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aegis_Ballistic_Missile_Defense_System
I included THAAD in the OP user
How is it wrong? We have it deployed around the globe with a crazy amount of inter-networking between multiple countries. What other equally advance missile defense systems have the same area coverage as aegis?

See Israel. More layers. Higher efficiency. 2 layers battle-tested, 3 if you count Patriot.

they have smallpox and i aint about gettin dat
first world to the third world niggas be droppin like flies

See
You're right about coverage though

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maneuverable_reentry_vehicle

Nk stuff is propaganda but thoose systems are useless against modern ballistic missiles

You do realize that me saying "the most advance and all encompassing missile defense system" is not the same as saying "it's the most advanced system," right?

The only tech that has any chance of hitting a midcourse phase ICBM is the GMD.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground-Based_Midcourse_Defense

And the chances of a success are around 50%.

You're basically trying to hit a piece of metal the size of a Volkswagen beetle that's going 20,000 MPH while it's in space. The advanced ones will even see you coming and maneuver.

THAAD is an impressive system, but it's less capable than Aegis and has only a tiny fraction of the range that Aegis does.

>not reading your own source
>"Aegis BMD does not have the ability to intercept ICBMs, although future versions may allow limited intercept capability."

This post is in regards to NK, not Russia or China.
We do have a development program in the process of designing a system to counter hyper-sonic gliders though.
>"The Pershing II's RV weighed 1,400 lb (640 kg) and traveled at Mach 8. It was fitted with four control fins to perform a 25-G pull-up after reentering the atmosphere, then glided 30 nmi (35 mi; 56 km) to the target and pitched into a terminal dive."
Fucking badass.

Diesel subs that have to surface to recharge their batteries. Can they make it across the pacific on a charge? If not, our satellites will detect them.

>all encompassing

I thought that referred to the types of rockets and missiles (basically size) covered by specialized layers and not to the geographic coverage. If you meant the second, you are correct.

>Aegis can't hit an ICBM once it's out of boost phase.
Yes, I was correcting "once it's out of boost phase." Never did I say it could intercept ICBMs. Though I do recognize that I should have included GDM in the OP along with THAAD, as it is misleading otherwise with reference to California.
Yeah I thought that might have been your misunderstanding, my bad. I meant the latter, geographical coverage.

KPN Romeo class diesel boats could make it across the Pacific under snorkel, but not the return trip. Plus they are noisy and would trip SOSUS.

North Korea cares not for your fancy weapons.
NK just too stronk to give a fuck

Aegis is networked so smaller ships can provide targeting information for larger ones for example. Capture one small ship and use it to ddos the rest of the network or reverse engineer a repeatable way into the network. Russians have claimed they can already ddos Aegis. Huge projects by giant companies always produces bloated software, simply the scope of the project means it's guaranteed to be exploitable.

Cool story bro, Russia is threatening to launch nukes against the U.S. and allies?
No. This post is in regards to North Korea. Both Russia and China could easily breach aegis and all of America's missile defense systems by pure saturation alone.
>aegis equipped ships are small and easily captured
kek

It was towed across by freighter and just sits off the coast waiting for the signal.

All this technology and still having hordes of diabetic whites out and about.

What am I in for today?
is it ok if I keep wat anime?

Don't worry about anything. You guys need another nuke anyway.

Thermal Nuclear Fire is the comfiest fire

Wasn't fukushima enough?

No anime, only live action now.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Note_(2017_film)

hopefully we shoot down the next nork test missile

No, it wasn't concentrated enough. You need some nice high energy density fission detonations

Most liveactions are shit but death note was a rare exception tbqh

>most advance and encompassing missile defense systems in the world
Thats ours Dead Hand which is also Doomsday device.

If you say so...

That's a retarded assumption.

It won't work.

Two nukes weren't enough.

This system has failed in most tests. It will not be able to stop Kim's missiles.

Three nukes though, you forgot fukushima

user if there is a nuclear war this ships are going to get hit first.
first strike will go of far away the next will be on target so the deference system can be nocked out.
also there is a big chance of failure to intercept cos the system works by directly hitting the target and a small miss calculation will make the interceptor miss by a km

This thread is retarded. NK does not have a delivery system for their nuclear weapons. For fucks sake they are still the size of a semi truck.

He's got like less than a dozen nukes, and even less vehicals of transporting them.
>it won't work
Missile systems only fail against an overwhelming attack

yet we still couldn't stop 3 planes crashing into the pentagon and wtc

Because that was conspiracy

How is launching ICBMS the same as a ballistic missile defense system?
youtube.com/watch?v=DuN-qTyAsK4
youtube.com/watch?v=1s77cqabHsM
youtube.com/watch?v=frOqRHbfX5o
youtube.com/watch?v=8r_4cQ1dca0
youtube.com/watch?v=QtuN8UuAWTg
>I go on the internet tell lies
user, this thread is in reference to North Korea. The US, Russia, and China can not defend against each other.
Yes, but yet everyone is chimping out, hence the creation of this thread which assumes NK can launch a nuclear ballistic missile
>we wanted to stop them

Mossad etc.

But even if you believe the narrative. It kinda was too late when it was realized the planes were compromised. Before 9/11 you were always supposed to be a sheep and passively go along with the terrorist or that was what everyone was taught. Also shooting down commercial planes vs shooting down missiles are pretty huge in terms of PR and other shit. But you're a jungle nigger so I don't expect you to have any kind of upper thought process other then shitposting. The fucking kikes want a world of monkeys like you for God only knows why

Kek you think this thing can get in a position to fire a nuke at us?

>but m-muh aegis
Kek, meme defense system just like patriots - burgers were kokokoing how amazing they are until yemeni scuds from 60's started reking saudi bases protected by them left and right. Merrifats are stuck in cold war era when it comes to missile technologies, just deal with it faggot.

How the fuck do you go about capturing an aegis class destroyer or cruiser? You know how heavily armed they are?

Just like the S-400

I HATE JEWS.

I had an idea years ago to take all the archived footage of these blasts, and play the current no 1 track as the background music. Maybe show a snipped or two of the artists as well. I found it interesting concept, as music usually traps memories of periods of history, to juxtaposed these two events together would be reality, but a reality for the few who witnessed both.

It would've been easy views on Jewtube years ago.

Just an example of how to access the network, in war you would expect to lose ships. It's probably easier to get the information from the private companies that built the stuff.

That Russia can already disable the system is probably bullshit but still not implausible.
voltairenet.org/article185860.html

>user, this thread is in reference to North Korea.
i know but you are a bit over estimating the systems capability. You have to understand that this system has a its flaws .first of all it needs to calculate the exact trajectory of the projectile and after that using that data to try to intercept it there is no way to actively correct the path of the projectile.
that is way you see the Russians have moved out from the old tocka u to the new more modern iskender rockets that can correct there the projectile direction to avoid the interception.
I in in no way saying that it wont work but the success rate is not going to be as you expect
first we dont know how much nukes norks have and second even if you have 80% success rate at intersection you can loose the whole Carrier fleet in that region.
Don't underestimate your enemy i think you should have learned that from Vietnam by now.

ITT american who think they have the best military in the world, but literally have not won a single war since 1945

non-intervention.com/2702/president-trump-with-respect-start-ruthlessly-purging-the-u-s-general-officer-corps/

Will work on some BM will not work on ICBMs

this

yup. they'll probably nuke seoul with an artillery warhead during a massive barrage and then go full samson option when our bombers from Guam get there and SK counterattacks, as every airfield in SK already has 1000s of artillery pieces zeroed on them

I gave the number of successful tests for that reason.
Its not unreasonable to assume successful interception of a North Korean launched ballistic missile, which I highly doubt would be targeted at the carrier group. Though I do not have significant knowledge of NK's to properly understand how likely they would be able to target the carrier group
>calculate the exact trajectory of the projectile and after that using that data to try to intercept it
Thats actually one of the easiest problems to solve given the amount of tracking information provided.
>there is no way to actively correct the path of the projectile.
Straight up wrong, please look though the information presented, and see for actual footage of a kill vehicle being tested
>"It enables warships to shoot down enemy ballistic missiles by expanding the Aegis Combat System with the addition of the AN/SPY-1 radar and Standard missile technologies."
>ballistic missiles
Literally in the OP

Actual physicist here.

This system can be easily jammed and cannot deal with certain type of threats, MIM-104 is a joke and cannot deal with SLBMs.

It's quite likely the Norks will launch a secondary strike prior to the full scale attack, which will cripple some of the radars that make the system work.

Can't say much more than that, but OP is probably a government shill trying to calm people down. Don't listen, keep preparing for the worst, missile shield is not a magic wand.

I'm currently gathering bottled water and buying a lot of good soil to store in an underground bunker. Everyone should be doing this. Store as much soil and seed as you can. You're going to need it.

Wow, a physicist, so impressive, disregard everything I said.
t. physical chemist

>which I highly doubt would be targeted at the carrier group
there priority target will be the ships the norks may not have the best technology but in no way they are stupid.They know the counter attack will come from the planes on the carrier group if they are dedicated as the nips they will sacrifice a sub if they have to just to sink the ships in the fleet all they need is a nuke going off near by .

>Straight up wrong, please look though the information presented
this interceptor does not have a seacker on board only a internal guidance system that is armed before launch.
>Thats actually one of the easiest problems to solve given the amount of tracking information provided
not relay when your target is moving at speeds grater of mak 11
like i said you cant intersept 100% of the rockets and whit the 75 % succeeds rate in non combat situations its not good .

if norks fire 40 nukes 10 will pass the defenses they can do a lot of damage mybe not to the us but to the south korea defenetly.
also we dont know how much artillery bound nukes they have !

Hahaha ur so wrong bro

>hurr durr look at all those successful tests performed in controlled environment, they totally resemble performance during real conflict and aren't bullshit made up to get more funding.

Excuse me sir, but how are you Europe?

Its the accuracy they would need to inflict significant damage to the group, nukes are not very effective at sinking ships as shown with all of the testing we did in bikini atol

Wrong, the kill vehicle has a IR sensor for fine altitude correction, which works with guidance provided via the radar from the ground. If you are referring to the one in the webm thats not the one used in the actual system.

Calculating the trajectory of a ballistic projectile is literally high school physics (no air resistance). I think hundreds of engineers can calculate the trajectory of a reentry vehicle.

I'm not trying to argue that its a perfect system, I started this thread to educate everyone on missile defense systems the US uses, since I see a lack of information around it. Also there is no way in hell NK could possible launch that many.

cha bruhhh i know im just a lowely chemist

>they totally resemble performance during real conflict and aren't bullshit made up to get more funding.
Yeah thats totally how weapon system testing in conducted