What did Brits think Brexit actually means?

Galileo is an EU project, after Brexit the UK is not an EU member, why should it get special snowflake rights to still be the major Galileo satellite contractor?

Same with lots of other organizations and projects. Why should the UK continue to be part of Europol or the EIB or why should UK citizens get an exemption from the new EU travel visa system?

The UK will be outside of the EU and treated like Canada or the US or Russia. That is what Brits voted for - how can Brits now say it is petty of the EU to actually say "here you go, a Brexit you wanted, you are not part of all the EU organizations and EU projects any more, just like Canada and the US and Russia."?

Other urls found in this thread:

gsa.europa.eu/european-gnss/galileo/faq#involved
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>EU cancels contract
>ok, no refunds then
>EU has to shell out another X billions of Euros to start the project from scratch
And guess who's gonna foot the bill for all that? :^)

fpbp

>EU has to shell out another X billions of Euros to start the project from scratch

What do you mean starting it from scratch? Several contractors built the satellites, Surrey Satellites in the UK (French owned, by the way) is just the major supplier. Its contracts can be cancelled and handed to the other suppliers, no problem.

As to the bill, Galileo is already fully funded via the EU from the general budget. Once the UK leaves, it stops paying into the EU budget... but we knew that already. And the UK, with its massive rebate, never paid much into the EU anyway. Most money paid to the EU is German money.

So the UK won't be able to use the military component of Galileo in the future?
Despite paying for the development?
Suckers.

It's been remarkable watching the EU respond to Brexit like a petty, petulant child, lacking any sense of introspection or reflection as to why Brexit even occurred, thinking this impresses (or frightens) remaining EU members. Sorry, Hans, the EU killed itself. The UK is simply the first to leave

Get over it you bitter cunts.

I mean if I was Germany and knew my nation was the only thing holding NATO together and handing out money to failed states such as greece, I'd be trying to make sure it didn't fall apart for nothing

don't know why I said NATO

>only thing holding the EU together

I think the EU has acted quite measured so far.
Petty would be insisting on a hard Brexit.
Or threatening war over Gibraltar...

Who's bitter?

you can keep your satellites Hans. Maybe it will help employ some of the 6 million immigrants you'll be getting soon

The EU is fucked Fritz, it's circling the drain.

Based Britannia saw the writing on the wall.

>EU project

No, it's ESA. Which isn't part of the EU

>like a petty, petulant child
Brits want to leave. The EU waits patiently for 10 months for Brits to hand in Article 50. Brits about to leave, the EU says "well, you will not be an EU member any more, no responsibilities any more but also no benefits."

People respond: WHY IS THE EU SO PETTY!!!

P.S. is Mexico allowed to bid for the wall contracts or is there such a thing as Buy American in US law?

Great
We will explore space with a bunch of syrians and turks instead of the brits

Woohoo I am so happy.

Then why even have provisions like article 50 if member states aren't actually free to leave without economic and political retribution. The EU is acting like an angry divorcee, running around the house slashing art work, breaking vases, and throwing UK clothing from the bedroom window.

Many of you still fail to grasp why the UK made this decision, and you have no interest in understanding why so that you can improve your system

I can't wait to ride the space whale.

do you think space shit is enough to stop us voting for an opportunity we'll never get again?
european space work is obselete, let NASA take care of that

Why do you keep fighting, Hans? I don't want to fight. I want to unite. None of this EU crap though.

>British tabloids

Sure thing, Nigle.

>I want the benefits of being in EU but not the downsides.

kek

We see articles of Brits spitting on Germans every day
I am sure it is the same for you.

Maybe someone profits from us hating each other or maybe Europeans just get restless when we don't have a war for too long.

>The EU is fucked Fritz, it's circling the drain.

Quite honestly, any time I am in the UK I think the same thing about the UK.

Seems we are all fucked, except that the EU is better off than the UK as it is bigger.

Never said that at all.

You're being a little disingenuous because you know that many EU politicians seek to punish the UK, simply for exercising its rights under the agreement, because if you don't then everyone else would want to leave

If the EU was so great and the EU politicians so confident of their system they wouldn't feel the need to act totalitarian

As for waiting on the UK - that's the response. The UK made the EU wait so they must be punished.

The way EU cunts are treating Britbongs proves humans are tribal and the EU is prone to fragment. Hell even the UK is breaking apart along tribal lines.

Do you even listen to European leaders?
Non of them are looking for punitive measures.
The hardest I have heard is from the French who said the position of the UK towards the common market shouln't be improved.

>Many of you still fail to grasp why the UK made this decision
Decades of politicians shifting blame towards an organization who's point they failed to grasp or explain to their own people?

It's divide et impera. They want to keep us divided, they've been doing it since WW1. They know what happens when we put the past aside and come together.

dad why don't you just join america

ESA is not part of EU. Fuck off, blue demons!!!

I just hope you guys save yourselves.

I am done with EU loving Germans. Fuck this country
We deserve to be replaced by Syrians and Turks

I hope you guys don't accept too many indians to piss of the EU

Why is the EU so vindictive?

>No, it's ESA. Which isn't part of the EU
Sorry, you are wrong. Most of the money is channelled to the Galileo project through the EU (via the EU Commission and the GSA, which is also an EU institution). ESA is involved more as a contractor to launch satellites, while it will be GSA which operates and owns the system.

gsa.europa.eu/european-gnss/galileo/faq#involved

>"well, you will not be an EU member any more, no responsibilities any more but also no benefits."

Ahem, Gib 50 billion Euro you must honour your commitments that you said you would.

Make up your fucking minds.

>why even have provisions like article 50 if member states

Any EU state can leave - but that state should not expect to continue having the same rights as the members after they exit the EU. That is only logical, is it not?

A final Crusade is in strong need.

>We deserve to be replaced by Syrians and Turks
No you don't. We are the ones who deserve that fate for what we did after WW2. The liberal indoctrination of your people plus the added guilt complex has led to this or at least helped facilitate this modern mess we find ourselves in. I have German ancestry which I take enormous pride in regardless of what people say over here. I want to visit, maybe even live in Germany in the future. Your nation is arguably the greatest nation on Earth. You just need to remember what your people once were. Remember your greatness.

>muh dad

how can you even type that you faggot?

>Never said that at all.
Most Brits who criticize the EU for just stating obvious things, say exactly that - you want your cake and eat it too.

If you leave the EU, you cannot be part of EU projects which only involve EU member states. In return you also do not pay any money into the EU budget. You are a third country and third country relationships apply to you - including contract bidding for third party companies (they are excluded for gov projects just as in the US), and only third party access to the single market just as for Canada or Russia or the US or Mexico or Japan etc.

I actually enjoy watching news clips of EU proceedings, mostly because I grew to enjoy Farage's speeches. It's clear from listening to people like Juncker and Verhofstadt that they're pissed (on a personal level) that the UK would dare challenge their authority. This is why the EU is destined to fail.

Denazification is overrated.
I didn't hate being German after school or learning about the Holocaust and world wars.
I hate being German after all this EU crap and seeing articles and threads like this every fucking hour.

assmad bastard stepchild spotted

does your new $10 bill have the queen on it still?

>many EU politicians seek to punish the UK
And they have 0 authorities to punish the UK. The EU states' parliaments have the authority to veto the deal - each single one, not some petty EU politician. The EU politicians can just negotiate the deal - under guidelines unanimously agreed by the EU states.

Why do Americans think the EU is some evil organization that can just do what it wants. The EU is essentially nothing but a member operated club - with members deciding all important thing unanimously.

>Who's bitter?

you are.

>ESA is not part of EU. Fuck off, blue demons!!!
But the GSA, the organization running and owning Galileo, is an EU organization.

It's mostly just shills or people looking for (you)s that are creating these threads. I wouldn't let it get to you. There's no need for any conflict between us.

Is anyone here even working at esa nasa airbus or somewhere related? Whats going on?

>Gib 50 billion Euro you must honour your commitments that you said you would.

If I am a member of a gym and there is a 3 month notice period to end my membership, would you say it is unfair for me to pay for the last 3 months, even though I still go to the gym and use it? If I signed up for a gym field trip and the gym agreed that, even though I am leaving the gym, I could come to the field trip, is it wrong for the gym to ask me to pay my part of the trip cost?

It's logical. But it seems more like the EU wants to punish the UK (to make an example out of them) rather than agree to a mutually beneficial trade relationship. And the reasons are obvious. If the UK isn't punished others will leave. But if the EU is so great, what possible reason would other members have to leave. The EU seems uninterested in knowing that and addressing any issues.

>I hate being German after all this EU crap and seeing articles and threads like this every fucking hour.

And another second gen Turk who thinks he is "German" because he was born in Germany... why don't you move to your beloved Erdogan?

Nice CGI satellite you got there, buster

EU is basically a fat, used up ex-wife at this point. She has nothing whatsoever to offer, so instead must assert her value by punishing the man who left her.

>the EU is like a gym membership
no fucking wonder the bongs left

Oh my God, no one fucking cares you bitter Kraut faggot.
Kick us out if you're that fannyblasted about it, we literally could not give less of a shit

These threads are nothing more than divide and conquer. You're stirring up more conflict, Schlomo.

>EU wants to punish the UK
That is impossible. The EU cannot "punish" the UK. How? Would an agreement EU-UK that is a carbon copy as the EU-Canada agreement be "punishment"? Because the UK says it would, the UK wants a lot more goodies and nice things, even though the EU-Canada agreement took 7 years to negotiate and the EU already agreed to cut that time down to 2 years.

There is no punishment, if there is no deal because Brits do not like the terms suggested by the EU, the UK can just walk away. Just as Trump just walked away from TTIP because he did not like the negotiated terms.

100% German
But I wish I wasn't
fuck this country so much

That is not an accurate analogy though the EU is asking us to pay for projects we agreed to invest in after the point that we leave, then denying our access to said projects because we are no longer a member look no further than the OP for an example.

I was expecting some kind of punitive economic measures but this is just straight up butthurt.
Now the world see the EU for what it really is: A bully. A sad lonely bully.

>>the EU is like a gym membership
>no fucking wonder the bongs left

The EU is like a gym membership. What else should it be? It is not a country, it is a simple club with rights and responsibilities. Even a gym can have a logo and even a gym song and corporate branding. The EU is truly no different.

Dumb shit like this is the reason everything is fucked up. No one understands the conext of compromise anymore, it's all, "Muh way or da highway XDDFDDDD." all it fucking does it polarize the other political side more and more until you have people chopping their dicks off and stapling fake breath to their chests because daddy once told them wanting to be Cinderella isn't fucking possible.
Come the fuck on, how hard is it to be allies without signing your soul over to a bunch of faggots?

Why are krauts so butthurt about Brexit? They've been nothing but bitter ever since the referendum.

>These threads are nothing more than divide and conquer.
They are about politics and Brexit is a big political issue. If you do not like talking about the realities of Brexit, just do not open Brexit threads.

The cool kid left our club

You know how hard we campaigned for the brits to get in while the french were extremely against it.

>100% German
Again, a second gen Turk is not German.

Germanness comes from always putting country first. From your post it is clear you have no Germanic blood in you, or you are soo cucked that you rather defend the Anglo enemy than your own country - either way I consider you a Turk.

Autistic EU liberalism is the only thing they take pride in for some inane reason

You don't always create the best system the first time around, lookup the Articles of Confederation.

>EU is asking us to pay for projects we agreed to invest in after the point that we leave
that is what I said - if you sign up for a field trip that happens after your gym membership ends and the gym says "fine, you can still come", should you then not have to pay for that field trip?

Okay so I have literal nazi ancestry but somehow I am a turk for not wanting to force the brits to accept a bunch of syrians.

Fuck you man. This is why everyone rightfully hates us.

It took them longer than expected but the Brits submitted to our will yet again.

>Why are krauts so butthurt about Brexit?
Do you remember that little thing called ww2? Do you remember the Anglos siding with the commies? No?

Brexit is no different, the Anglos are again siding with the commies rather than making Europe great again. Petty little Nigels hate a prosper and strong Europe.

Oh come on

Them leaving just makes you wanna leave too.

You want nothing more than be the UK

>force the brits to accept a bunch of syrians.
You are a Turk for siding with the Anglos and believing their tabloid propaganda. Germany and the EU have never forced Brits to accept a single Syrian.

So fuck back to Turkey.

>This is why everyone rightfully hates us.
"us"? I am not a Turk. Fuck off.

That's actually pretty sad...
>the Anglos are again siding with the commies
Wtf is that supposed to mean?
>making Europe great again.
You mean before the EU existed?

I love watching the daily thread in which Hans, Europe's greatest threat, breaks down into autistic shrieking about cherry-picked anti-Brexit 'news'

It's been 9 months since we decided we're not going to be sharing Achmed's cock, so get over it!

EU BTFO now and eternally. If you shill for EU might as well kill yourself now because it's Fucking finished

It was fun while it lasted, but the Euro, and the Greece racketeering, that just ain't right.

Oh come on. You want to leave because the brits left.
Just be honest.

>daily
HOURLY
We just had this same thread right before this one about this article.
And the moment this one dies someone is going to make a new one.

>the gym says "fine, you can still come",
Sure if we get to go on the field trip but the EU is asking for the money for the field trip then telling us to fuck off when we try to get on the bus because we are no longer a member.

You want us to stay so you won't be alone again.

Good. The Brits shouldn't allowed anywhere near space. They'll just colonise it and then give it away again.

I want the EU to burn down and Germans to die out.
Without you that would go faster.

Fuck the EU and fuck germany

I am just saying your motives are very obvious.

I thought Europe was all about co-operation and shit, excluding us is racist and evil.

There are articles that actually list the EU members and the degree to which they want to punish the UK

I don't blame you for taking a side or for even thinking that the UK is wrong. The point is that the EU seems to have no interest on understanding why Brexit happened. Instead of changing its ways it just clamps down harder on remaining members.

I don't pretend to know the details of any offered trade deals. I base this solely on the rhetoric that comes directly from EU and European leaders

Why are most Germans so upset by the UK leaving?

The fact is we trade more with the rest of the world than the EU - the percentage of trade with the EU is decreasing on a yearly basis.

Being able to negotiate trade deals with other countries directly and not under the umbrella of the EU makes sense.

If the EU commits to spending years into the future knowing full well Article 50 exists and countries can leave proves they are fucking idiots and should not be in charge of any budget.

Give it up Hans, the EU is dead. As usual, we're just ahead of the curve.

Brits can work with us instead. Fuck the EU.

>he thinks the UK will be offered trade deals

We have a complicated relationship with the Brits.
We fap to Kate Beckinsale and their queen still speak French.

>There are articles that actually list the EU members and the degree to which they want to punish the UK
in the UK tabloid press

>The point is that the EU seems to have no interest on understanding why Brexit happened.
We know why Brexit happened. The Anglos think they are special snowflakes and hate being part of a larger club. Fine. They can exit - we put an exit close in the EU constitution, the one the Brits hated so much...

>I don't pretend to know the details of any offered trade deals. I base this solely on the rhetoric that comes directly from EU and European leaders
as reported in the UK tabloid press...

the only thing the EU has said up to today is what the law that Brits agreed to say - that there should be a Brexit agreement and thereafter a trade agreement may be negotiated and the EU already said it puts the UK at the front of the queue instead of the back.

So again, how is the EU "punishing" the UK? If you ask me, the EU should not put the UK to the front of the queue and finish the trade negotiations that are currently ongoing with 30 countries first before talking to the UK - in 5 to 6 years time it could be the UK's time to negotiate. It may take anywhere from 5 to 10 years to have a comprehensive trade deal negotiated so by 2030 the EU and the UK could have an FTA in place. And looking at precedents worldwide, that is lightening fast.

If you hate people like junker, but then you love people like farage, basically like 60-70% of Sup Forums, you have to be incredibly delusional and retarded.
It's like you hate the establishment but then you love the people who would become or already are just like the establishment, you have no fucking clue whatsoever. But then again it might be a consequence of your fake political system

>posting the same thread twice in one day
keep crying merkel

>the EU is asking for the money for the field trip then telling us to fuck off when we try to get on the bus
No, that is what your tabloid press is saying. The EU does not. The EU is not asking Brits to pay for projects that they have no benefit from. It is that the UK should pay for things it already voluntarily agreed to pay - many of which end up having contracts with UK companies that benefit the UK economy.

Predictably the EU are being completely inflexible, and while they like to moan on about our tabloids, it seems a lot of Germans have drunk the EU koolaid and support this. Fools.

>Germany and the EU have never forced Brits to accept a single Syrian.
aren't you trying to do exactly that to poland and hungary rn? what happens when these migrants get their eu citizenship? note: the number of somalis that have made their way from nl/scandinavia to london to be with relatives now.

I guarentee brexit would NOT have happened if it was not for Merkyls response to the refugee crisis. This is your fault, entirely.

You have the national pride of a fucking donkey. EU before Germany it seems, it's become a cult for you. You fail to realize that a huge percent of the British want a hard Brexit, we want no "favours" from your club, and whatever you do to ruin us, we'll do what we have always done and pick ourselves up from the floor.

>Wtf is that supposed to mean?
Brits are going all protectionist and socialist with Brexit. They are siding with the global commies once again. Also, Russia loves to weaken the EU, so they funded Brexit. Nigel Farage is literally a KGB agent.

>You mean before the EU existed?
You mean when Europe was completely splintered, inefficient and irrelevant on a global stage in trade talks and politically in the 1970s and 1980s?

The EU exists since the 1990s, by the way. I know Burgers don't know much about history.