Redpill me on the chair force

i'm leaving for lackland on tuesday. anything that my recruiter or the internet didn't tell me that i should know?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/7ZBqx3m
afots.com/applying-to-ots/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Basic is eqsy. What afsc? 1A8X1 here. Joined last january

What the fuck is this do you guys speak in code like this all the time or what goddamn cyborgs

foreign languages.
Im in korean

You're going to fold a shitload of clothes.

You'll probably stand in a corner for a few hours.

Be sure you're well above the PT standard and they won't pick on you as much.

If TSgt Spradely still works there tell him I said hi.

Deployments are cake.

Infact I'd probably look up a guide on youtube about folding clothes and making beds just so you don't have to learn it when you're half dead after doing a night watch and only getting 4 hours of sleep.

this.
If you have TSgt Ulibarri or TSgt Carreker or TSgt McKenny ( i was 323rd) say hi

9TG58

my job options were limited (non-citizen) and i wanted to get going as quickly as possible

>Infact I'd probably look up a guide on youtube about folding clothes and making beds just so you don't have to learn it when you're half dead after doing a night watch and only getting 4 hours of sleep.
thanks

i'm good on the PT, /fit/ af rn

If you can get really good at folding clothes you can just mass roll socks or whatever for your flight, while they divide up the rest of your clothes.
It's also a bit like prison in how people barter with the protein bars and services, if you can become the scheduler or whatever it is, take the position and you can force people who you don't like to do night shifts for guard duty while people who kiss your ass get to do days.

I wish i'd done the youtube guide thing before I went, you're about doing it half dead, it's a bitch.

How long does it take for the Air Force to recruit somebody from the time it takes on taking the ASVAB to the time you get sent to Lackland?

Does it depend via jobs? What is the easiest job to go into? I'm not trying to be a PJ, I just want something that'll grant me a good job when I become a civilian.

Japan deployment, preferred. What does everyone say?

Also, I'm looking into Law Enforcement in the civilian life, but I'm not going to do Security Forces in the AF, fuck taking IDs at main gate.

What other jobs are there?

>non-citizen

you have to go back to the Philippines

Fuck you nigger, I lost friends in the "Great Rubber Band War" in 1985 at Keesler. Still have nightmares.

> being in the military
> enlisted rank

does it get more pleb tier?

Is the AF a lot of teamwork and shit? I feel like I'm too autistic for that

hahaha. my recruiter, his boss, and one of the MEPS sgts were all flips and i thought that was weird.

i'm from spain

depends on your job yes. some people wait for months. i'm going in as open general and i'm getting shipped out one week after swearing in at meps. about a month total from when i walked in to the recruiters office, but i got a call from my recruiter's boss saying he 'pulled some strings' to get me in quicker

i got a 97 on the asvab, but i don't know how much that affected me shipping out

i'm going in as e-3 because of college credits. i will finish my degree in time to apply for a comission (which i will probably get very easy due to my intelligence and work ethic) then use my GI bill for my masters

I got a 92 on the ASVAB and it took me forever to get in, although this was like five years ago and the military wasn't taking in to many people.
The only thing it did was cause my recruiter to basically beg me to become a linguist constantly, it was incredibly annoying how every meeting he'd go on for minutes about how I'd be "perfect" as a linguist just so he could hit quota.

>then use my GI bill for my masters

Don't bother, just abuse tuition assistance and give your kids the GI bill.

Street racing is pretty big out there

air force BMT gets you a degree in advance clothes folding

if you are a masochist go security forces, if you wanna learn how to work and have pride go maint, if you hate doing anything pick med group or some form of personnel / finance

Doesn't military service fast track your citizenship

Well, japan would be the closest to NK... you may be asked to drop something... I don't know nothin' I didn't say nothin' I'm a faggot, I'm just sayin'///

longest 8 weeks of your life. Also lackland is fucking hot so enjoy the heat.

2F051 here ama.

it's not like army infantry always do their job, beside mop floor, cut grass.

Professional aerial combat support troops don't always do their job

Are you gonna be a pilot ? No ? No pussy for you ...

you shipped early for a reason, cumstain
Welcome to the real world

yes i will have my citizenship after graduating basic. however by then my job will already be assigned. after 35 months i can retrain into a new career field

My cousin's in Mandarin. He got off on the wrong floor once, and further investigation revealed that most Chinese skyscrapers only furnish two floors.

dont do what i did and listen to my recruiter and bring duct tape to basic

i'm not frightened, if that's what you're implying. i was very much hoping for combat pay

What kind of math is on the ASVAB? I'm fucking shit at math.

What jobs are recommended?

What jobs are recommended for someone who sucks at math and can't do shit about it? I'm perfect when it comes to everything else. What is being a loadmaster like, study wise? Hard? Civvy life applicable jobs, where are they in the AF? Hard to get?

basic algebra and geometry, you should know formulas like area of a triangle, circumference, pythagorean theorem. be able to think out world problems into an algebraic formula and factor binomials

Wow, so I'll probably get a 50 score then, in that case.

>mfw the world is against me

loadmaster is what I wanted to be but I failed the depth perception thing

I work as a 2m0x3 and I havent had to do any math

med and finance definately transfer to civilian, maint depends on what you work on, civil engineering def transfers, working on a specific air craft might not, I've been in just over 3 years and from what I can tell as long as you don't go security forces you should be fine

That is a cool job. So if I fail on the depth perception or math aspect of being a loadmaster can I just request that job? Will they put me anywhere they like if I can't score for the job?

Pretty much this.
I live next to an AFB and I've heard it's a lot more about your brain than brawn.
Looking back now I wish I'd gone Navy or Air Force.
If you're smart don't waste it. Put it to use.

you can either ask your recruiter what you can sign up for, before basic and sign a contract so you get that job or ship off to basic and play the lotto, I would also avoid aircraft fuels, if you have 2m0x3 questions I can answer those

Yes, 2m0x3, what is that job like? Where can you be stationed?

>working on a specific air craft might not,

A guy I know was a maintenance guy on some specific plane, anyways he got a job as a mechanic so I guess if you want to do that it translates.

he's using the GI bill tho

So, you joined the Air Force.

Congratulations.

You fuckin' pussy.

Heather?

>which i will probably get very easy due to my intelligence and work ethic
nope

>i will finish my degree in time to apply for a comission (which i will probably get very easy due to my intelligence and work ethic)

literally laughing my ass off right now

>You fuckin' pussy.
i'm 5'8" 125lbs (really small frame, i'm still very /fit/) and very intelligent

you really expect me to be a soldier? i want to be in the military and air force is the best fit for me.

explain to me why i'm retarded

yeah, neither your recruiter nor the internet told you that you should've joined the Marine Corps like a fucking man would

out of tech school you can go minot, FE warren, malmstrom, then you typically spend time in the tool room, then pmt doing periodics, then after a year or long fmt (troubleshooting), you could advance through the positions sooner if you're competent

the days can either be really long or really short as fmt, typically work day on day off with 2days off in random spots throughout the week to make up for losing a weekend. I dont mind the longer days because I enjoy figuring out the various problems at sites but if you end up working 16hours you feel dead the next day

On the bright side you'll have no responsibility and no one will expect anything of you.

discord.gg/7ZBqx3m

join kekistan, fight the shills

>should've joined the Marine Corps

>be manlet nerd
>join the marines
>kill self like pvt pyle

no thx

read this

afots.com/applying-to-ots/

>Very intelligent
Nice meme

>33 bmi
>hurt ankles that required physical therapy and workman's comp

God fucking dammit. If I never picked up this warehouse job I'd be better off to enlist.

97 ASVAB

>tfw to intelligent to study for it

so if i stand out by being dedicated, disciplined, and good at my job, i should be able to get a goo letter of recommendation, yes?

other than that its just bureaucracy, which is whatever

yes goy, enlist and haul 80lbs of gear around and blow out your ankles, back, or the big one, your knees.

Our soldiers are so fucked in ten twenty years when the arthritis hits because they fucked the cartilage in their joints

youre right

O7

The drill instructors will make you cry. Maybe not while yelling at you in your face but when you lay down at night fearing they'll wake you up at any time during the night screaming in your face.

if your dad ever yelled at you while growing up its literally nothing, every year after 18 MTIs just seem more comical

kek speaks wisdom

Hey man I'm all for deporting leeches and shit. Hell we should liberally sprinkle land minds in front of the wall. But earning your citizenship via military service is pretty good.

thanks doc

>very intelligent

Being smart in the air force isn't going to do you any favors, user. Common sense is king, and even that is frequently challenged by politicking by senior NCOs and officers. If anything being smart will only create frustration, as you will witness retardation on levels you wouldn't have thought possible. Unless you go intel or something along those lines, being a HWINDU triangulation tier autist is going to only fuck you over in most enlisted career fields. Back when I went through basic those types were some of the dumbest motherfuckers in our flight, as they overthought simple tasks and had terrible social skills, and BMT at it's core is just a teambuilding/janitorial training exercise that involves running, sleep deprivation, and getting tear gassed. Once you get through that, keep your Sup Forumsock opinions to yourself, as the air force has become a PC social experiment gone wrong. Piss off the wrong snowflake and you'll be in a heap of shit.

Now I have a lot of complaints about the state the AF is currently in, and could type out a fucking novel at this point, but it's not all bad. Standard of living is all right compared to other branches and the money is decent when you factor in the stuff you don't pay for, like housing and healthcare. Also most jobs are cake, with normal business hours and weekends off. If you like it rough get a flightline job, or be a cop if you truly enjoy a painful existence. Other than that, don't act like an entitled faggot and it won't be that bad of a time.

I never personally cried but I saw many guys younger than me do it. maybe it's an age thing

Dude you're a faggot if you're in the Air Force even civilians are smart to this now

Unless you're a pilot or a PJ or a TACP (tacp isn't even that impressive desu) everyone is laughing at you

Does lifting cause the same damage?

As ex-Army, I've had plenty of face time with Chair Force
They suffer from a bizarre series of dualitys.
We need their capability, but not any one individuals.
They rarely shoot at an enemy, yet have the highest average kill count.
They have the sexiest look, but the ugliest fat bodies.

On rotation in Korea, my unit stayed in barracks that we thought were pretty nice, but the airforce considered them condemned. Walk by/through the Airforce barracks and you'll notice:
>higher ceilings with fans
>an elevator
>satellite cable

I hated their Podunk fat body airmen but loved their hot slut women, and working with their Generals was actually fun as fuck, but most Generals are, more on that later though.

Yeah, Airforce is weird but it helps wins wars.

Air Force wife here:

Basically, we keep the whole military functioning. If it wasn't for people like us the world would collapse.

>maybe it's an age thing
it really is, shouting is just how MTIs talk, from what I could tell half of it was stuff they found funny, just play along and answer how you're supposed to

I only saw one person in basic crying.

Nigga u just went full dependa

>>Not in the airforce
>>think she helps
>>"muh support"

Anyone know what OCS is like?

She's an asset only so long as she doesn't cheat on her man.

Seriously, cheating on a deployed service member should see the cheaters executed for high treason.

>Dependapottomus
I chuckled.

I'd suggest you walk in that door a soldier. Get it in your mind. Its not your mom's house. Follow directions, don't slack ass and handle your cover appropriately. Its a short period of time, and it gets a bit better midway thru. Either way, most washouts I've seen were due to them not being mentally prepared to be a soldier.

I used blousing straps on my bed in the shape of an X at the bottom. You'll get in trouble if caught, but its worth the time saver. Put 2 good X's with blousing straps under the bunk holding the blankets/sheets taunt and much less time making the bed.

Good luck and God bless.

>dependa
>Mattering

USAF military police are far diff than Army police. Most of the securest facilities are guarded by USAF cops.

Pretty average physical shape, pretty good with IT stuff and solving problems, hate college, thinking about joining Navy.

Yae/Nay? Any Navyboos here to comment?

I already hurt my ankles Kek. But at least in the military I'd have GI Bill.

Don't forget to get your salute from the gate guard on your way to the BX

did you know the air force is the strongest race in the world?

I fucked a marines (im a marine too) wife while he was (supposedly) in the brig for abusing her

Met her at the eclub and banged her at base housing. Still feel bad about it because she was probably lying and he was deployed or some shit, but I was drunk at the time and believed her

u guys want to see my feet? my hubby is deployed ;) no fun here anymore

we've been married for 5 months now

Basically anything can hurt you if you don't do it "properly." If your lifting boxes or something heavy wear a weight belt. Do not give a fuck if someone thinks you look weird, once your back goes you are FUCKED. I've watched guys strapped to a board screaming in pain because of back injuries, don't fuck with your back.

Generally speaking damage to joints comes from a jarring event, the guys who really hurt their joints fast are taking constant repeated impacts. For example: knew a guy who busted his knees jumping out of his bradley in kit. Even a foot or two with an extra 60+ lbs done repeatedly will rape your joints, notably the knees. It's not an instant thing, but it adds up. Cartilage can heal, but it's not guaranteed to do so without scarring, or before more damage will accrue, either of which won't help.

Your joints are bone wrapped in cartilage and in between the two is a pocket of some of the best lube god ever created. They'll slide over each other fine, but they don't bang together so well.

I watched a video of Air Force SF clearing rooms and it gave me cancer

They're terrible

Well I have my moral misgivings, you got your dick wet.

Good for you.

This. Lifting with your legs is proper form but your heels are at the very bottom. Was on light duty for a while and after a heavy night I practically hobble from my room to the kitchen barefoot.

If you're gonna break your shit doing a dumb muscle job, at least do military. You get disability.

only if you're at a northern tier base

Wait, you can join the american army as a foreigner? Where do I have to sign up?

this is the redpill i was looking for. thank you user

Ask the American embassy in your country.
The ability to understand, speak, and write in English is the bar for consideration, do that and you get to take the physical.

it's shit but it beats any other branch.

I might aswell consider it, after all, I literally have nothing to lose.

walk into a recruiter's office and apply

i've lived here since i was 2 yrs old. i am american, i dont even speak spanish anymore (conservative american step dad demanded it be that way) never got my citizenship because it costs $700 and im like lol fuck that

*Caveat keep your medical papers because the VA is about as inept as it gets. Private care gets shit done, but you gotta pay.

Trifecta of medicine (Speed - Quality - Price [Pick 2]) doesn't apply to VA.

Yep, how my grandfather got his citizenship, got tired of the kraut mg nest in his backyard. Drove trucks around Europe during Korea because multi-lingual. Though we have plenty of Spanish speakers in the US already

I'm not gonna lie, it's not gonna be easy, or safe especially now. When America goes to war most other nations will only send a token force, really just political lip service with a few spies thrown in.

You'll be almost universally hated by anyone even a millimeter left of center, but there's lots of love for soldiers, particularly among the older folks, but they're the preferred company between them and Clarence McTrannyflake.

How are things in Spain?

Open general with a 97 on the ASVAB? Thats risky as fuck, good luck guarding the gate.