Can Sup Forums redpill me on Christianity

Can Sup Forums redpill me on Christianity

I'm stuck between believing in a almighty God, and feeling absolute indifference towards him

Like, I believe in a God, but I just don't think he cares or is actually there.

Also, I've dated plenty of protestants, and they all seem like hypocrites. My mother is Catholic and father was a jahvoahs witness, but I thinks he just hates catholicism now.

What do you think Sup Forums.

Imb4 faggot kike spic etc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL95B1BB23B7A3C795
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0
youtu.be/4DRjodOKqiU
sacred-texts.com/atl/olb/index.htm
fryskednis.blogspot.com/2017/04/frisia-and-olb-on-mysterium-fasces-radio.html
fryskednis.blogspot.de/2016/03/red-ice-radio-interview-reference-list.html
ia801001.us.archive.org/10/items/Waddell-TheBritishEdda/WADDELLL.A.-British_Edda_1930complete.pdf
rtl.org/outreach/
aryan-myth-and-metahistory
volkischpaganism.com/2014/10/20/the-pagan-snow-white-and-the-evil-queen-christianity-2/
volkisch-runes.blogspot.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=boeWSFCuY24
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Self bump

Look mate, I am a believer I am Russian Orthodox however I will not force what I believe down your throat, if you want to find out for yourself attend a church or a couple on a Sunday, talk to the priests see what they believe, ask your friends see if any of them have thoughts on the subject.

It is a big leap to have faith in god but if you truly want to know more then pray and god will guide you down the right path.

God bless user.

>God doesn't care
Why because you aren't a millionaire?
>isn't even there
You sound atheist
>father is jw
Your heretical father was likely an atheist, but who as a jw didn't believe in divinity of jesus, that he wasn't Christ.
>mother is catholic
few catholics believe Jesus was risen. They mourn, not believe.

Perhaps you just have hit the road block most atheists hit, lack of humbleness and unrepentant sin keeping you from God.

You are looking for deism while having natural dislike of abrahamic mainstream religions due to observing thier and human controversy.

Okay, yeah I'm not at the best place in my life rn, but are you really saying most catholics are not believers?

They founded the church, if it wasn't for them protestants wouldn't be around.

there are a majority of catholics that are just "cultural" catholic nonbelievers. Mainline protestantso are the same, but to a lesser extent.

Catholics just spend all their time morning a dead jesus, dead Jesus on the crusifix, dead Jesus on their altars, even their easter hymns are about the death. Most Americans who literally believe the resurrection converted to evangelical in the great revival/awakening in the 60s and 70s.

I'm not trashing the believing catholics, they just have problems in their church and refuse to sort them out out of radical traditionalism... yet seem to have no problem amending their doctrines to current political fads.

God is the original meme, and organized religion is the original shill.

>Your heretical father was likely an atheist, but who as a jw didn't believe in divinity of jesus, that he wasn't Christ.

JW believe in the Messianity and divinity of Jesus. They don't believe he is God himself.
But he is certainly divine, as all spiritual creatures are.

Nah, they don't believe he was God's son, or of the trinity/godhead, they believe he was just a dude with the holy spirit, and do not believe in the literal resurrection, they say the holy spirit was in him and that ascended. They are scientology/Mormon tier and I don't consider them my brothers in christ.

Nah, they certainly believe he is God's son and not a simple dude with the holy spirit. They believe in the literal resurrection.

But indeed, they don't believe in the Trinity/Godhead... and they are right to do so.

no evidence to believe in a god but there is too much contradictory evidence from competing religions, making claims to their god, which is pretty damning in regards to "making someone believe" or even just providing a reasonable basis for belief.

I would suggest to watch some debates, listen to the best arguments from both sides, I did this, I spent hours listening to both sides, one side is logical one side takes a huge leap in terms of logical conclusions.

Religion has failed in its "burden of proof" imo.

>have no problem amending their doctrines to current political fad

Isn't that literally what protestants are failing to do now?

They do believe he was his son, just not the trinity.

Listen to a man named whalid shoebat. Former terrorist. He's now an evangelical Christian. He can explain revelations and prophecy in an eastern perspective and it will completely convince you of Christianity. He shows how Islam is prophesied in the Bible and shows correlations between Christian prophecy and the Quran. Basically the two are inverse of each other. Our antichrist is their savior and vice Versa. The Bible warns of beheadings, the Quran commands it. Basically Islam is the end times religion/govt power that will rise from the ashes and cause people to worship a false Jesus (Issa in the Quran) and a false god (Mahdi and Allah). Shit is absolutely mind blowing when you realize how fucking accurate it all is.

For OP, you probably want to learn about religions like Catholicism from their own sources rather than anons who do know little about them.

>I'm stuck between believing in a almighty God, and feeling absolute indifference towards him
thats not actually important, acting 'religious' is a bad thing, as a christian or in any religion

>Like, I believe in a God, but I just don't think he cares or is actually there.
the fact is that you are a living soul, you might want to intellectually tell yourself that god or supreme order of universe doesnt matter, but down inside you just are not an animal that lives, eats, fucks and dies, you need to deal with your side of yourself that deals with you being a thinking being in the universe. What Im saying is that even if there were proof that god did not exist, it would still be important to have religion because we as humans are not animals and we need some kind of ultimate code of morality

>Also, I've dated plenty of protestants, and they all seem like hypocrites
the christian church are worse than hypocrites, they are taken over by feminists who will use christianity to control and manipulate you for their end. They will get you into a lot of bad relationships and then give you the 'do the right thing' number to leech off you

the bible and chrisitanity itself is worth studying, but stay away from any chrisitian churches unless you trust the people there as being the kind of people you would want to be around in normal life

>Like, I believe in a God, but I just don't think he cares or is actually there.
If as true God He is the ultimate source of existence, He cannot be indifferent to anything, as all things are inherently dependent on Him to exist. His attention is required for anything to even be.
>The universe is to big for Him to care about something as small as us
Then you are denying His omnipotence, as an All-powerful God cannot be exhausted, He can pay attention to all things simultaneously.
>Were just part of a system that He set into motion.
time does not exist for God. He was aware of us (and all things) at the instant of creation. Denying this denies omniscience
>so what were just part of a system
yes, but life in general is a system that is at an eternal struggle against entropy, the death of all complexity. In order for Life to survive, we have to be at a constant battle upstream against the natural flow of the systems He set up.

Evangelixals xontradict early christians

>Catholics just spend all their time morning a dead jesus, dead Jesus on the crusifix, dead Jesus on their altars, even their easter hymns are about the death
yeah, bud, well thats a natural consequence of Him suffering so desperately over it. Christ's entire life was united with God in the Incarnation, not merely His Resurrection. The same factor that allows you me or anyone else to access said Crucifixion for the grace necessary for salvations also allows us to, in some small way, express consolation and thanksgiving for the suffering He endured.

I suggest checking out Christian religious philosophy because it is impossible to have a philosophically Christian conception of God as the first cause of all things and believe in a hands-off, deistic deity. Edward Feser has good entry-level books, and he is an active blogger as well.

Meanwhile in early christianity

Why do we need a God

Religion is dogma. Dogma is propaganda. Believe no religion.

Questions like the existence of God are indepedent of what is the true faith. There wouldn't be reason to believe in any revelation if you didn't believe in God who would give revelation in the first place.

There is no god, but if you require religion to not behave like a fucking degenerate, then christianity is a preferable option.
inb4 angry christcuck
inb3 fedora tippers

Orthodox memelords swear fealty to Catholics
the Papal echelon is full blown babylonian
not good
most Protestant sects have been infiltrated and ruined
watch out OP, they're after you
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL95B1BB23B7A3C795

>I believe in a God, but I just don't think he cares or is actually there.
If you believe in God then you recognise the important place he has given humanity. Remember that Christ suffered for us out of unending love.
>Also, I've dated plenty of protestants, and they all seem like hypocrites. My mother is Catholic and father was a jahvoahs witness, but I thinks he just hates catholicism now.
pic related

Protestants are hypocrit

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0

Watch this, it's more complicated than you probably know.

If anything you can use this to hone your future debate skills against Protestant. Try to find the time to watch at least the first lecture.

Saved, ty user

>not an academic or historical take on events
>some Madass evangelical preacher

Meanwhile in Biblical scholarship

The link to the remaining, paraenetic section of Romans (chs. 12–15) has been obscured by the Protestant inclination to consider justification in exclusively juridical terms. The notion that Christians are different from others primarily in their legal standing before God owes much to a traditional (Augustinian/Lutheran) (mis)reading of Rom 7–8. The Pauline meaning of ‘justifica- tion’ is much broader and evidences a quite different eschatological orientation (see ROM 8). The word dikaioun (‘to justify’; first used in 2:13 and then repeatedly throughout chs. 2–10) means literally ‘to righteous’; it comes from the same root as dikaiosun ̄e, ‘righteousness.’ It means both ‘to treat as righteous’ and ‘to make righteous’ (K ̈asemann 1980: 25). In other words, God both forgives sin and converts sinners in ‘righteous- ing’ the unrighteous. The relational character of righteousness (e.g. seen as God’s faithfulness to Israel, above) covers both being established and being equipped as a fit partner in right relation- ship (e.g. in 8:2–4). The same point is made by calling the gospel ‘the power of God for salvation’.-OXFORD Commentary on Pauline Episles page 65

Even inside a particular religions, there is a large degree of freedom and diversity of thought. However, it is important to define dogmatic beliefs just as it is important to define axiomatic propositions in any coherent system of thought. The "question everythint, man" mentality is why we have--as mainstream beliefs--the idea that two memebers of the same sex marrying is just as natural as two members of the opposite sex, or that claimin to belong to the opposite "gender" should be encouraged, even by pumping the person full of hormones and mutilating their genitals. If you want to deny dogmas, you can do so, but you need to dothat somewhere else. You can't claim membership of that religion at the same time and subvert it from within.

Liar, the entire lecture is based on primary sourced history and Vatican published works -- nothing presented in the video is sourced from fringe outlets or random books.

You straight up lied before even taking a look, Walter Veith is extremely reserved and coherent, and as I said, everything in the lecture is taken straight out of Vatican library sources and mainstream history/academic circles.

It isn't

I am sorry that all the early Christians contradict you

You can't even address what I took from the OXFORD BIBLE COMMENTARY AT ALL

If people would just read the bible like a literature scholar (read whats there and critically think), they would find many answers to "why doesn't God care" or "If God is all powerful, why does he let bad things happen?"

>tl:dr, He's answersing the question "What is free will?".

We're in a period of non-interaction with God. The Old Testament explains that when Adam and Eve took from the tree of knowledge, what they actually took was the knowledge of all things evil (previously all they had was the knowledge of good). The serpent in the garden is the on that convinced them God was hiding something worthwhile from them. Here we note that all pain and unhappieness in this world stems from the knowledge Adam and Eve let themselves be tricked into taking.

Fast forward to God's argument with Satan about what freedom actually is. Satan contends that if humans don't have complete knowledge and can't decide what they want for themselves, that we are not free and that he hasn't given us anything special.

God's stance is that the knowledge of evil is a conundrum in that if you have that knowledge, it taints a decision making process.

Though because there are several groups of angels all watching this debate, God says he will let man rule themselves and see if the complete knowledge will simulate and outcome equal to the Garden of Eden.

>one random lecture
>a letter from Charles Dickens
>ahistorical as in German Protestant areas there is higher depression and suicide rates

The reason the Irish are shit is because of the Anti Catholic oppression by the English you moron

We haven't even initiated a proper discussion, OP asked for "Redpill on Christianity", a complex subject, I linked a compendium lecture because typing it all out would be a work of its own and I was giving the OP content.

You reply with the equivalent of "nuh uh" and completely lie regarding the content of the video, then link a passage from the Oxford Bible Commentary and randomly expect me to write you an essay out of the blue, before any claims have been made.

This is just an exercise in autism. This thread is basically "Christian resource thread" where we're dumping content, since no one debates properly or even wants to discuss shit, everyone just spams their content and nothing is ever achieved in these threads except for increasing blood pressure.

If there is sentience then there can very well be God

Or the universe itself is God. Quantum mechanics hints at extremely freaky shit.

Its not the abrahamic god though.

You can't even link to proper academic sources at all

Anyone who believes in Jesuit CONSPIRACY bullshit isn't ACADEMIX at all

Deal with it

Then pantheism is true

>link to bible commentary by academicians and biblical scholars who are Protestant themselves
>oh no, trust my pastor CONSPIRACy theory lectures which are unprofessional

That is like me linking Catholic Answers you retard

>Fuck reason
>fuck science
Meanwhile in PAUL

(2:1–3:20) The Impartiality of God Scholars since Bultmann have made much of the simi- larities between Paul’s rhetoric in Romans and the diatribe, a form of argumentation in which a Cynic or Stoic philosopher taught students by ‘debating’ an imaginary opponent (Bultmann 1910; Stowers, 1981). Although some scholars question whether or to what extent the diatribe was an established rhetorical form, there can be no doubt that diatribe style is present in Romans (Fitzmyer 1993: 91). At numerous points begin- ning in ch. 2 (also 3:1–9; 3:27–4:25; 9:19–21; 10:14–21; 11:17–24; 14:4–12), Paul addresses and even responds to the objections of an inter- locutor (most often with an impassioned ‘By no means!’ (m ̄e genoito); 3:4, 6, 31; 6:2, 15; 7:7, 13; 9:14; 11:1, 11). The effect is to pull the reader into the ‘conversation’ on Paul’s side. Rhetorically, the diatribe confers argumentative dynamism without ceding authorial control. It remains in the rhetor’s power to choose what questions to ask and what answers to accept.

Jesus was a bro, he knew what was good

He didn't ask for a "redpill on Christianity".

He asked a single question relating to the book of Genesis and the book of Job, complex but easy to summarize for someone unfamiliar.

Too bad protestants can't even agree on his will and nature

He wants the REDPILL on Christian

I give the best possible redpill to him

OXFORD BIBLE COMMENTARY

Let your baptism be ever your shield, your faith a helmet, your charity a spear, your patience a panoply. Let your works be deposits, so that you may receive the sum that is due you” (Letter to St. Polycarp, 6).

Oh you silly xians

When I was little, I'm told by my mom that i often asked "why is there a white horse in the yard". My mom always looked, and saw nothing.
Years later she paid one of those "spiritual ladies" (don't know what they are called), she told my mom, that a guardian angle, in the form of a white horse is looking over me. Keep in mind she's never heard the story from my mom.
A couple of months ago, my mom told me all this. I didn't want to believe it. But a couple of weeks later I asked for a sign, and I saw a white horse in clouds, battling the dark. Now I believe.
TL;DR ask for a sign

Watch Common Filth, most sects have issues but following the word of God is good user.

youtu.be/4DRjodOKqiU

I hope nobody reading your lies about jehhova witness are fooled. They do not follow the bible and blaspheme Christ.
>protestant not amending doctrine
You bend to God's law, not the other way around.

Kind of sad protestants ignofe and hate the early christians

I am confused, about things in the same way as OP.
> Believe in a God
> Jesus seems like the best choice..

Mormons seem the most based and most likiely to live what they preach why should I not become a Mormon..?

Stop being a loser and be deist

>t. Atheist
You'll never find what you seek, you're wilfully blind.
Was just at a Good Friday mass yesterday, it was just chanting (Matthew 6:7) and hymns that concentrated on jesus' death. I must again say these cultural catholics are not believers, but not all are like that.

You are wrong. JWs do blaspheme Christ by Catholic or mainstream Protestant standards, but they don't deny that Jesus is the "Son of God," and they don't believe that he is "just a dude with the Holy Spirit." They believe that he is the highest of all created beings (like a super-angelic being I suppose), and would say that he is "divine" but not the same in substance as God. Blasphemy, yes,
you are misrepresenting their beliefs.

Mormons do not really believe in "God" as the term is generally understood. The Mormon God is some kind of ascended man, who had a creator (who had a creator etc.). When people die and go to heaven, they become literal gods themselves, not by participation in God's grace or divine energies as mainstream Christians might say, but literal gods who are equal in nature to God in every respect. Even before considering their claims about their particular scriptures and revelations, that is enough to rule them out.

Do you think that the fact that you were at a mass on Good Friday, the day commemorating Christ's death, just as the previous day commemorates the Last Supper, had anything to do with a special emphasis on Christ's death? Just as on Easter Sunday the mass would might have a special emphasis on Christ's resurrection? Furthermore, every mass is especially a commemoration of Christ's death: "For as often as you shall eat this bread, and drink the chalice, you shall shew the death of the Lord, until he come" (1 Cor. 11.26). That's a very poor basis for making sweeping claims that Catholics do not believe in his resurrection, since any Catholic creed will speak of the Resurrection, and even the Good Friday mass you attended spoke of the Resurrection.

Not exactly christian. But if you go Mormon just disregard the entire book of mormon, all the alien xenon sit and stick to core new testament beliefs. However I realize you're an atheist just trolling.

Religion is just a way early civilizations create order
It teaches you to treat others well, not to lie or steal and to aspire to be a good person with the encouragement being if you do you'll go to heaven for eternity and if you don't you'll go to hell for eternity

I don't want to hear any rubbish about evidence and lack of evidence, there is no God. It's total bullshit
You don't need to believe in God, you don't even want to believe in God or go to church or any of that

What you want are the virtues it teaches
Millennia ago life was harder and people were uneducated so they needed religion to give them morals and motivation in their lives but you're stronger than that
Construct your own values, determine for yourself what is right and wrong and stick to that
Many religious practices have useful reasoning behind them so pay attention to them

You have to be 18 to use this board.

If you want to learn about Catholicism, a good idea would be to disregard anything Anglos say about the subject aside from G.K. Chesterton and C.S. Lewis.

You will find true Catholicism in Latin America and Southern Europe, not in Anglo countries.

There are so many inconsistencies and fallacies in the bible that i don't really know where to begin

The day you understand that religion is MANMADE is the day you'll be at peace.

I believe in a God, there's too much order in the universe for there not to be. The laws of nature, laws of physics all exist because of the order we have in our universe. A universe without a God would be true chaos

But to be pretentious enough to think that humans are somehow chosen or that God follows human rules and behavior is just ridiculous

The Earth is smallest than the smallest grain of sand in the face of the universe, we like to think that we exist for some special purpose it's therapeutic and religion has existed to explain the unexplained

But this was all before science shined light on most of the things we didn't understand and so now religion has become outdated and it's time to open your fuckin eyes and look ahead to all the scientific progress we can achieve

The Oera Linda Book
sacred-texts.com/atl/olb/index.htm
fryskednis.blogspot.com/2017/04/frisia-and-olb-on-mysterium-fasces-radio.html
fryskednis.blogspot.de/2016/03/red-ice-radio-interview-reference-list.html

The British Edda (Note that we only get the (((christian))) Snorri's version of the Edda
ia801001.us.archive.org/10/items/Waddell-TheBritishEdda/WADDELLL.A.-British_Edda_1930complete.pdf

These two books aren't totally incompatible. Christianity is a jew mind virus. Sure, some of it is good, and maybe stabilizing to communities and such, but the poison is what makes us accept universalism, disdain for women (inb4 jew feminist, remember they control both sides of major discourse), and submission to tyranny. Not to mention the fact that the whole John 3:16 makes many pieces of shit think that they get off the hook simply for "putting their faith in jeeeezzuuusss" (pastor voice), so they don't need to strive for excellence, intelligence, health, beauty, strength or anything at all, as long as jeezzuus is by their side.

Furthermore, it's the christians pushing to ban abortion and fight eugenics. Abortion being legalized has saved the US from about 20 million extra negroes, not counting the offspring they would have gone on to create.

rtl.org/outreach/

More good reading for you, OP.

aryan-myth-and-metahistory blogspot co uk/
volkischpaganism.com/2014/10/20/the-pagan-snow-white-and-the-evil-queen-christianity-2/
volkisch-runes.blogspot.com/

The Sun symbol has been with us for a long time. It is quintessentially white european.
youtube.com/watch?v=boeWSFCuY24

Fucking spam filter.