What art does Sup Forums admire?

What art does Sup Forums admire?
>Pic related is the Triumph of Civic Virtue
>Feminists have been fighting to destroy it for longer than a century as it depicts Virtue defeating Vice, which is traditionally depicted as a female seductress.
>It has since been moved to a graveyard
triumphofcivicvirtue.org/history

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3bmvVZX9Frc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medusa#Feminism
youtube.com/watch?v=YPAesqaJ9tc
4.bp.blogspot.com/_d05rYeljquc/SmnxQuT2u8I/AAAAAAAABEY/UfckAnlhvdQ/s320/f_nettnav.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you have to understand that art is just cryptography where various forms of it serves as different encryption standards and hashes to encrypt and transfer information, ideas, etc. If art is not used in such way it's just kitsch. Sure it also serves as precursor to cryptocurrency, status symbol, tokens in the alphaBET no soup for you inc games of A-always, B-be, C-closing, etc etc..
So entire culture and art departments of any government can be safely treated as various length tentacles of intelligence communities.

The Triumph of Civic Virtue has been moved to a graveyard

I like this painting

>fig leaves
That figure doesn't look womany to me. 1/10 for making me reply

but to answer your question, I unironically like comfy "volkisch" blood and soil art.

western philosophy pre descartes

select philosophers post descartes

>resident leaf expert

So i barely looked. Thought were maybe oak as i typed. Looked deeper. It's not leaves of any sort it is the horns of the goat lady hell prison from which he is escaping. Now my gripe is similar but altered. He has sword. Is standing upright on feet. Why is her goat horn hair still covering his willy? He must kill to separate from woman? Not at all he doesn't. So either drop the coverage. Or sink him lower.

anime

Benito Mussolini, Julius Caesar, Nero, Richard Nixon.

Rembrandt

Never knew about this piece. Misjudged it. Read OP link now. Fucking based

>Nero

Orthodox icons are great

The artists defense of his work
>What do I care if all the ignoramuses and quack politicians in New York, together with all the dam-fool women get together to talk about my statue? Let ’em cackle. Let ’em babble. You can’t change the eternal verities that way. From Paris to Patagonia—universal allegory pictures sirens, temptresses, as woman. If you suppress allegory you suppress all intellectual effort. I gather that allegory has long been extinct in City Hall.

Nice.
Now clean your fingernails.

savage

That's a great statue and it basically sums up the whole struggle of us.
It's masculine reason and willpower (the civilization-building traits) vs feminine emotions and hedonism (the civilization-destroying traits). We must cherish and cultivate the former and fight against the latter.
Anyway, I like any kind of art that somehow inspires you, lifts your spirit, and maybe even opens new horizons for you. Basically my favorite style is "realistic art depicting non-realistic situations" like some mythological scenes etc... But I like some abstract pieces too.

That's from Werner Peiner, one of my favorite Third Reich-era artists.

Surreal, something along the lines of this

So based. I will admit i didnt even read the feminist part or the seductress and vice part. Saw a half naked statue. Bitched about that. My goodness. And in a fucking graveyard too. Shekinah hoax. Wins. Flawless victory. Finish him. Raiden Pencel dick etc etc

or this

holy shit rekt

basically

I meant portraits of them. Whoops.

A white man made this.

Where it used to reside

Where it resides now

Pepperoni nipples?

>valuing ideology over tradition and craftsmanship
pleb. Derek Jarman shits on this homo.
youtube.com/watch?v=3bmvVZX9Frc
Score by Brian Eno.

Dark/horror-Sci-Fi/matrix-core is so 00's Bulgaria
Step the fuck up

>it's a poorly made statue
>if i call him a homo, my sailor moon powers will kick in

You shouldn't look for art that reaffirms what you believe, that's what non-fiction books are for.

Again, Giger may seem degenerate, but he opened a whole new world. Art is not just black or white. I find some of his visions fascinating. For me it's not a celebration of perversity, but rather a "revelation of darkness".

No, it's timeless you hipster.

The Rape of Proserpina. The amount of skill required for this is beyond masterful.
>that indentation in the leg when he grips her thigh

No point theyre gonna be black again tomorrow.

Only in the USA people will bitch about art.
I'm sure they would have covered the nipple of every women in painting.

Btw medusa is sexist then ?

We need him back

The amount of skill and dedication people needed back then to create such masterpieces is unimaginable. We degenerate in all aspects, physically, intellectually, spiritually.

Norman Rockwell is GOAT.

Just appreciate this lighting.

Amazon has a lot of greek statues on the cheap that I want for my room.

My favourite one is Atlas holding up the world.

Any other good ones I can get?

What the fuck. This one looks so real that it resembles a photograph.
wow

Makes marble look like cloth

>you have to understand that art is just cryptography where various forms of it

Shut the fuck up with your kitsch. Every person I've seen using that word here has never produced anything that could be considered in the realm of art.

>Btw medusa is sexist then ?
You have no idea.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medusa#Feminism

MOAR !!!

A lot of his work is traced

Reviewbrah?

My friend.

I literally have a framed Nixon quote on my shelf, not ashamed.

youtube.com/watch?v=YPAesqaJ9tc

"considered" is just mutually agreed conspiracy between those con artists. Just think of those splattered stirred shit martini masterpieces produced by pollack, cubism, etc. That was just previous incarnation of lulzboat sailing at your expense where nyan cat was shitting those money laundering rainbow tokens just like in modern times with bitcoin.

Noticed that too.

Redpillman

ja maar brandt ie ook goed?

Ed Hopper

Neptune in Rome

4.bp.blogspot.com/_d05rYeljquc/SmnxQuT2u8I/AAAAAAAABEY/UfckAnlhvdQ/s320/f_nettnav.jpg

When I saw it in person I was awestruck.

Magnificent details

Holy shit Sup Forums has a fucking terrible and outdated taste.
>pic related, an actual painting

Last one.

Big fan of Gustav Klimt.

lol germans are shitskins, even nazis didn't sugarcoat reality in their paintings, painting them with their true to life olivey complexions. Feels good to be anglo

>Trump suporter in a sjw protest.