Sup Forums self-improvement group

Sup Forums self-improvement group

>1 book a week
>2 films a week
>discussion based on it
>upcoming reading blocks based around particular subjects being formulated (capitalism, Natsoc, Libertarians, Communism, etc.)
>fitness chat
>still new so small group

Stop being opinionated and start doing. Don't you want to see the world around you change? Stop waiting for someone else to do it!

discord.gg/cXTvN
25 uses, available for an hour

Bump

>Book a week
How do you find the time? Any book worth reading takes at least 2 weeks to a month to complete.

>reading a book takes 2 weeks to a month

a 150 page book should take no more than 3 days. Just spread it out in 30 minute-1 hr increments.

Whenever you want to jack off or play a video game, read a book instead.

That's not how you're supposed to study you dumb shit

Reading a book shouldn't take you that long unless for some reason you're a very slow reader.

Break it into increment so you can reflect on what you read instead of binging it. Then resume.

read an hour a day for a week. That's 7 hours worth of reading.

Lol do you guys not read regularly or something? You probably have no problem wasting a day on video games

Brainlets

>1 book a week
>2 films a week
why?
that shit is so boring

>Self improvement
>Reading books that are 150 pages long
You can't even sum up anything of importance in that amount of time, let alone bringing up anything of note. The purpose of reading for self improvement is to read books with real, real world substance. Which means your book length is going to be between 450 and 1k pages. And when you work is either going to be a struggle or impossible to complete.

Yeah because I would love to splooge over the Turner Diaries with a bunch of greasy larpers

go fuck yourself

Ulysses
Antifragile
Duty and Honor

So I assume you don't actually read books

The Prince is like 88 pages or so.

Don't talk about things you know nothing about

i gotta stop smoking weed and cigarettes

i gotta stop consuming so much caffeine

i gotta get fit

This group was actually formed as a response to those dumb Sup Forums colony larpers.

We recognize that the only way you are going to do anything in the modern world of politics is to win a war of influence from within. We aim to give Sup Forums a framework to work with to self-improve and become a better more influential person.

Also the reading list has been this so far:

How to Win Friends and Influence People

The Prince

The Way of Men (current book)

(4/17) Plato The Republic

(4/24) The Art of War

(5/1) Meditations

We are going to move to a block format soon meaning an entire block of reading dedicated to a subject. The books may last a couple weeks with that.

Why do you want to not better yourself? Why even hold oponions at all?

Congratulations on stopping weed and cigarettes

We have a fitness sticky pinned in our #fitness channel if you'd like to check it out

it includes form videos, and general links like stronglifts 5x5

I just want to be a better person Sup Forums. As a brainlet, how do I do this?

none of these things are enjoyable unless you quit masturbation as well. I personally cannot read books or concentrate very well for about a day after masturbating or having sex.

join the group, read the books, watch the films, discuss them, and expose your mind to lateral thinking

What about physical exercise?

>Antifragile
Taleb is the tits and he writes mostly for a popular audience. Much of Sup Forums could definitely stand to be exposed to more overtly-theoretical contemporary stuff

There's a fitness channel and people lift and use it

How do I learn Sup Forums?

I have lots of books and like reading but I feel like I never learn.

>(((films))) and DUDE LIFTING LMAO
>self improvement

how are books in films suppose to make you better?

What is self-improvement?

Productive pursuits that require intelligence. Also interests and hobbies in general; without those you'll just off yourself sooner or later.

A good method while reading is to highlight sections that resonate with you. This could be a paragraph, a small quote a speech or even a word.

This will allow more time to process the information and as a result you should be able to learn about whatever the subject is.

Another benefit of doing this, is that you can flick through the book at a later date to read sections you deemed to be more/most important.

The only downside is defacing a book, which I always feel bad about doing.

if you put films in brackets, you probably don't watch good movies and think the only movies that exist are Marvel movies or stupid pleb shit.

tl;dr you're a pleb with a stick up your butt.

DUDE CANNES

Put up another invite pls

we are mostly Americans. Can you make a 10pm central time discussion in your time zone?

Wtf did you say to me you fucking NIGGAR?!?!?

Actually no. Or rarely.

Maybe when you get bigger, you can get an Aussie room.

t. nigger

perhaps we'll spread and create branches eventaully