SHTF / Prep General

This thread is to discuss prepping, doomsday scenarios, survival tips and similar subjects. With the situation looking tense in North Korea now is as good a time as any to prepare yourself. It's a mans duty to protect and provide for his family regardless of the circumstances. So Sup Forums are you cucked or are you prepared to provide for yourself and your family?

Other urls found in this thread:

gunfreezone.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/improvised-munitions-handbook.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=UjoogtASNRM
youtube.com/watch?v=ARZ0EGlIBkY
kb6nu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/2014-no-nonsense-tech-study-guide-v20.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this is a non crapy version of the ACgunfreezone.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/improvised-munitions-handbook.pdf

Post videos and more info graphics
youtube.com/watch?v=UjoogtASNRM
youtube.com/watch?v=ARZ0EGlIBkY

Does anyone have the info graphic about hand radios and the SHTF channel?

i have this
kb6nu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/2014-no-nonsense-tech-study-guide-v20.pdf

i have loads of good links

how did yall convince your wife about prepping
I suggested we stock some food and she thinks I'm crazy.
She already thinks I'm pretty crazy for hedging 30% of our assets in gold/silver and another 10 in guns/ammo but this food thing is the icing on the cake.

Wife thought it was weird at first but I've convinced her it's a healthy outlet just like any other hobby.

more comms stuff
its basic, but this is very impotaint

This the one?

Inb4 you retards start to repost the infographs from /k/.

Which, by the way, was made from a proven autist who doesn't have guns, and has never been /out/.

you have any then?

Pic related is my driveway and daily driver, I don't worry much about neighbors.

Here's a skill: Ignore anything that comes out of /k/.

Seach the internet for 'bushcraft' and go from there. I've been hunting for 20 years now, so most of the skills that I know I've learned over time. The bushcraft skills are the cherry on top.

nice

because the hell with roads.

i want an AN-2 so much.
what plane is that?

You can drive to my property but it's four hours down an unmantained dirt road that requires 4x4. There's several heavy Steel gates locked up along the way as well.

>tfw want to prep but live in an apartment in the city and work too much

i feel fucked, lads.

Have her read up on first hand accounts of places where SHTF has already happened. Frame it as you wanting to protect her and your family.

what happend to that dam

Slightly modified helio courier, the guy I bought the plane from was a crazy old veteran that said he flew it in vietnam.

This is a better pic of the airframe, this one isn't mine

>Russian shill, lvl 4

where the hell have you been

nice. you fly often?

under a rock.

Doesn't mean you can't get a bag of gear together. Start with the essentials, there are plenty of low priced alternatives. Get a little kit together and take weekend trips out of the city to practice bushcraft and survival skills. Stock up on some water and dried good in buckets to begin with. You don't need a massive hoard to be prepped.

How much it cost yearly to upkeep? Including fuels and greasing all the joints.

It was built in California, California happened to it.

Make a bug out bag/72 hour kit. buy a little extra when you go to the store and put it away in the closet. See that cases of water are on sale? Buy a case and under the bed it goes. Buy and extra can of soup or corn. Little by little it will add up.

Most days. I work with a few guiding companies shuttling people and gear around. The pay isn't great, barely covers fueling costs most of the time but I love what I do. I make trips down to anchorage about once every two months and more frequently before winter comes. I'd be fucked without it, it's a necessity to live out here.

nice. i would love to fly every day

good thing about it if you have lots of flight hours you can move up real fast in the pilot career.

experienced pilots are always in demand.

Own 133 acres of forest.

4wd accessible only.

Seems now more than ever, isolation is the key to survival.

Pic related, my driveway

you'll need some horses if you run out of gas though

Fuel, Parts, Repair all in all I'd say I put $8,000. I do all the maintenance and I take better care of the plane than myself so major repairs aren't ever necessary. Just general upkeep. I bought it for $18,500 in 2004 and I'd say I've put $120,000 into it since then.

Yep. Self sustainability and isolation will beat a huge hoard of guns and canned goods any day of the week.

Might i ask what you do for a living?

sounds like you got it made

any good game in the forest?

go hunting or get many visitors hunting there?

One thing I never see people have in these collections is entertainment, You are going to be bored out of your mind.

most of Sup Forums would be properly entertained with a finger box

can i come live with you damn

I'm a pilot, I work with guiding companies and fly whatever they have wherever they need it. Anything from people to boats, camp supplies, dead moose and even bears from time to time.

Deer of course, squirrel as well. I dont do much hunting, but when i do i like making deer jerky, lasts a hell of a long time.

I fish mostly.

Every time I see one of those Sup Forums colony threads I consider setting something up at my property and inviting bros out but I value my isolation to much.

Watching unpreped civies lose their shit and kill each other for a pack of ramen should be an entertainment enough for the early period.
When they ran out, you can just go and loot a bookstore or a movie/vidya shop.

youre not a real isolationist

otherwise you wouldnt be using any social media like Sup Forums

much less have a job that interacts with many people

Ive considered it as well, ive warmed up to it recently. Seeing others like you give me encouragment. "Extreme vetting" would need to take place though.

i am a physician, will be an ob/gyn, and have valuable skills. too bad I have next to none survival skills because I've been in training for so many years

/tg/ friend. Learn to love /tg/.

I'd totally build a bunker. In any case you should count on retarts starting a wildfire and prepare for such a case.

Hahahahahaha not so fun when you're the one getting bombed eh? You fucking kike loving faggots.

The mad dog of NK will punish America for its arrogance and service to kikes.

>flag
>checks out

I'd go crazy if I cut off all human contact, winters are hard enough let alone a whole year.

And it's the 21st century, I have satellite internet. I'm not a savage.

Pic related is an old prospector cemetery on my property.

>physican, gyn
smart way of saying "I'm good at looking at pussies"
nicely done. nicely done.

>I'd totally build a bunker.
>flag

checks out

Well ive been fortunate enough to come from a very wealthy family. And ive put most of my investments and inheritance ive recieved into making my home safer.

Forest fires are a problem out here, if you notice in that picture theres some machinery there. Currently working on building firegaps and trenches around my property to prevent fires from jumping the trails or at least slowing the progress of the fire.

pretty cool, any other cool shit on your land?

yeah sure, drink bleach.. at least you will die before you run out of food or the monkey rape gangs get to you and your family. unless you live near them and they get to you anyways. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

they say not to use bleach bottles, but then put chlorine bleach in your fucking water. get real.

Pepe's Spillwayland was a good time to be sure!

they put fluoride in your dinking water anyways

bleach is probably less toxic

Old busted down copper mine, you can see it in the background of this picture

another reasonably stupid thing to use.

let's just say, water has a shelf life.

no, no it doesnt, the containers might, not water. if water had a fucking shelf life, there wouldnt be a stream, lake, pond, or ocean on this planet jackasses.

ponds/streams only dry up due to the fact that they went into the ground or the heat made them evaporate.

WATER DOESNT GO BAD.

GO FUCKING KILL YOURSELF.

Here's a bit of the interior

step 1) predict ground zero
step 2) stand there

>WATER DOESNT GO BAD.
this.
also, while you still should own a survial waterfilter, if the water is clean how can bacteria multiply if there is nothing for them to eat? bacteria don't live of h2o molecules you know.

damn I'd love to go picking around in an old abandoned mine

it's not a boring place where youre at

Ok, so if I cannot reach the bunker in time, would this plan be fine? I am only in the 3rd-degree burn zone, so would I burn?

shit user, thats risky as hell. still pretty cool

just keep your water container air tight and in a dark place most bacteria and parasites die off from lack of oxygen

whats your house made of?

Brick. I'm not a dirty thatched house nigger.

If you are anywhere in range of being hurt by a nuclear blast you wont survive.

It means you sre too close to a populated area.

Youll be either
>killed by structural collapse or fire
>killed by radiation poisoning
>killed by a mob trying to leave the area

you can get a 5.11 Rush72 bag for 150$, then fill it up withessentials as you go along

This is fantastic, more please

It's quite the spot, been in the family for a few generations. Here's a pic of the buildings the miners lived in, I think the red one may have been a hospital. The mine itself is quite sketchy to poke around it, rotten wood and busted floorboards everywhere. I've had some spoopy /x/ experiences in there as well

i think you would still fry, unless you have a way of cooling

Let me see what I have...

I don't know if this is relevant but it couldn't hurt to be in top shape

Here's a pic of one of the major collapses, a whole stairwell came down

>mfw i live in l.a.
watching antigun libtards getting enriched by roaming feral packs of mexicans and blacks will be my entertainment

you gone through te whole thing, or to risky?

Find any l00t in there?

How do I properly prep my wife's bull?

>I've had some spoopy /x/ experiences in there as well

a lot of places like these do, especially where people died in violent ways, these old mines didnt have such great safety records

>horses
Take the bike pill you fucking ponyfag

I'm not reviewing the pics before I post them so if there is redundant content... sorry

The whole thing

Unfortunately it was a copper mine so nothing super valuable. Lots of old artifacts and things though. I'm sure I could make a pretty penny if I salvaged some of it

Pic related is shaker tables used for separating ore

I think I have a few more. Anybody interested?

all ready posted 1 and 2 of that

Please