Syria, Sarin Gas

Can someone explain to me why Assad would gas his own people?

I am really struggling to understand what Assad has to gain from using sarin gas on civilians. This whole narrative the US has concocted seems incredibly far fetched.

Am I missing something here?

Damn, didn't knew that Assad was that tall

So nobody else understands this line of reasoning either?

Drumpf can't get the nuclear codes!

We all saw the same zero evidence you saw.

So our guess is as good as yours.

Did city people all vote for hillary

It's Putin who's small actually...

It was a false flag attack in order to create more tensions in Syria and rally the people towards a war against Assad.

>Can someone explain to me why Assad would gas his own people?
He didn't. Stop being an idiot. Trump lied because it was necessary.

In all seriousness, it makes no sense. The only reason it """"happened"""" was to keep the (((MSM))) talking about something other than the fact obama spied on trump and his team, and the fact Susan rice unmasked names

Just look at him, look at that smile. Of course he did it. He thought Trump was on his side and he'd be able to get away with it. Gas is a weapon of terror, once his enemies know they have no chance of winning, and that they're going to die in the most horrible way if they keep resisting they'll give up the fight. It's really that simple.

There's also the fact that Israel has been flying into Syrian airspace and bombing his military occasionally. He threatened to use his Scuds if they kept doing it, but that threat doesn't mean much if he doesn't have any Sarin to back up that threat. By showing that he still had his chemical weapons he was literally threatening to gas the 6 million jews living in Israel.

Yes, I understand there is a lack of evidence for who was at fault for the gas.

What I am trying to understand is why there are so many people on board with Trump's narrative. Is there any historical evidence that would point to Assad having committed this attack? Also, in theory, if he did commit this crime, what would he in theory have to gain?

I guess I want to hear from the people who believe that Assad did it, and why they believe he did it

Just a pretext so Kek can let an US official say
>Hitler never used chemical weapons

Because sarin gas is very effective. It can succeed where barrel bombs would fail. They might have tried to bomb the same area in the past but only hit civilians and not the terrorists hiding in the basement.

Well he is just cleansing the population under rebel control, as they aren't actively trying to undermine the rebels they're therefor part of the problem.

you seriously believe this? I mean, don't you know that all the fake helping volunteers without gas mask and full body protection would have released their bowels even after several hours after such an attack?
please, tell me you are just trolling. I liked Sup Forums

>you seriously believe this? I mean, don't you know that all the fake helping volunteers without gas mask and full body protection would have released their bowels even after several hours after such an attack?

9/11 truther science

>It's Putin who's small actually...
Yeah the terrible secret of international relations is that Vlad Putin is a manlet

they thought if they place Putin he will never pose a threat and take power away from them.
They were wrong.

fuck off with your russian propoganda

Because he's concerned mainly with retaining control over his territory, and certain areas are hotbeds of resistance to his government (Not ISIS or Rebels, but people who do not want to accept him), so he uses weapons to kill them without destroying all of the buildings and infrastructure around them, and without expending soldiers.

Far from the first time this has been done in Syria, not to mention the rest of the world.

That said, there are no legal grounds to bomb another country for using chemical weapons on their people. The chemical weapons conventions (even if Syria were a member) say that using them is fucked up but doesn't provide the legal framework for invasions.

Bombing Syria was technically completely illegal, and the fact that it was done to a very remote and fairly small airfield, and the fact that the Russians were warned beforehand, makes me think it's a distraction.

>International Law
>Relevant in a realist International Environment
Pick one

>Can someone explain to me why Assad would gas his own people?
for the memes
truly /ourguy/

is assad actaully a dictator?

Of course Assad didn't gas his own people, even the ameritards here knows that, but if you ask why did the Jewsa came up with that, it's because they can't did the classic "Oh no, ISIS is attacking us" since it's pretty well know that Assad and Syria fights against (((ISIS)))

What do you make from all of the confirmed rebel gas attacks in the past that have received no responses from either washington or the media?

washington and the western media are totally biased, actually no, it's not bias anymore, they will only publish one side of the story without exceptions.

Wow you are a retard

anyone who doesn't bend over for the Ziocons is a dictator

Although I have no idea who is to blame for the use of sarin gas in Syria you can't rule out it was done by SAA

Assad can't control everything that happens within the army. It might have been done by some powerful officials in the army.

It's fairly simple. Assad loves Mossad so much he wants them to take over. Cos he loves Israel and Saudi Arabia. They are like BFFFs for life.

>Can someone explain to me why Santa would deliver all those presents?

>I am really struggling to understand what Santa has to gain from giving gifts to children. This whole narrative seems incredibly far fetched.

>Am I missing something here?

he wouldn't

90% of antigovernement fighter aren't even from syria

He didn't. Case in point:

By QASSIM ABDUL-ZAHRA, Associated Press April 15 2017...

BAGHDAD (AP) — An Iraqi military officer says Islamic State militants have launched a gas attack in a newly-liberated area in western Mosul.

The officer with the anti-terrorism forces said Saturday that the attack occurred the night before in the al-Abar neighborhood, when IS fired a rocked loaded with chlorine. He said seven soldiers suffered breathing problems and were treated in a nearby field clinic.

>Can someone explain to me why Osama Bin Laden would want to destroy the WTC? Why would he want to make the world's biggest super power want to rally around the singular cause of destroying him, his people and his ideals?

Really makes you think. It's almost as if wanton terrorism has no strategic benefits EXCEPT for the power brokers in the targeted country.

>gas
>die in the most horrible way

My neighbour's uncle lived in Afghanistan. He was worried about a gruesome gas attack but fortunately when he was killed it was only from having his legs blown off by a helicopter gun ship before bleeding to death while desperately scrabbling in the dirt and garbage to try and hide from the omniscient helicopter circling above.

Thank God it wasn't a tortuous death like gas.

He didn't. It was a false flag by the rebels, and Trump bought it.

>What I am trying to understand is why there are so many people on board with Trump's narrative

Psychologist here. It depends what you mean by "people". The mainstream media is on board for a whole bunch of reasons, mainly that Trump seems to be playing along with the (((status quo))) by doing this.

The everyday person is on board for two reasons:
1. Group biases. People follow the herd and conform to what everyone else says (social proof and conformity).
2. Cognitive dissonance and defense mechanisms. Trump supporters are on board because it's way, way too painful (depressing, embarassing, traumatic) to admit that maybe Trump strung them along and he's just the same as every other politician. "Normies" are on board because to be otherwise is to consider that the media and government will lie and manipulate about the worst things (e.g. False flags), which is very traumatic because it's like finding out daddy doesn't care about you and everything he's ever said is a lie. In which case, what IS real? 9/11? Moon landing? Gravity? Realising the scale of deception is DEVASTATING. The brain does what it can to protect itself.

it sort of doesn't matter if it actually happened when everyone believes it did

This guy has a twitter it's a goldmine of phony fraud shit.

Putin is a Manlet...

It was the table pounding on the world's conference room. Really no significant damage .
assad isn't a great guy. They would have attacked him otherwise. Now everyone is really nervous after moab and a two day standing invasion force proof of concept on korea. China joined in on stability. Natori took montenegro. Montenegro is a forward position base. Supreme Court appointment. Cooperation I congress. Antifa losing in berkley.

This is largely an asymmetric war/civil war. Civilians and rebels do not live apart. It seems like EVERY war party is using gas and there is a market for it. Also Assad does not fully control his forces.

Sarin degradation happens very quickly

>90% of antigovernement fighter aren't even from syria

Simply not true

Like Napoleon.. But infinitely more badass

Hey, all I'm doing is explaining why Assad might gas his own people (again).

People are asking "Hurr but why would a dictator do that, it doesn't make any sense!", when he's doing pretty much exactly what you'd expect a dictator to do in order to preserve his government.

>Napoleon was small

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE stop this meme

It's anglo propaganda, he was average sized.

In modern international units, he was just shy of 5 feet 7 inches. Now I know you are saying “well that is still pretty short”. That is true by modern day standards in certain places in the world, such as the United States. However, at the time in France, the average height for an adult male was about 5 feet 5 inches in modern international units. So in fact, he was quite tall for his day.

Interestingly, there is evidence that Napoleon was already considered short at the time of his death, despite being above average height among his fellow Frenchman. This likely stems from the fact that his personal bodyguards were all very tall and broad; there being height requirements for his guard.

How do you know that the people who lived in the territory he reportedly gassed, did not support him?

Most of the sources I look into show that prior to this event, the people of Syria showed a great deal of support for Assad.

>5 feet 5 inches in modern international units
the least you could do to show respect for the french republic is use their metric system

He didn't

The Al'Queda did it with possible collaboration of the CIA or the Gulf States, they were trying to goad Obama into acting like Trump did with 2013 fake chemical attack but Obama didn't take the bait