STUDY: Racial discrimination still plays role in lack of black educators

STUDY: Racial discrimination still plays role in lack of black educators

>According to a recent Harvard Educational Review study, the shortage of black teachers in the United States isn’t just an issue of recruitment and retention but one of outright racial bias and discrimination.

>The study looked at the hiring patterns of an unidentified public school district and found that, while both black and white teachers were equally qualified, white teachers were hired at a disproportionately higher rate. In 2012, black applicants made up 13 percent of applicants but were only hired at a rate of 6 percent, while white teachers were 70 percent of applicants but made up 77 percent of those hired.

thegrio.com/2017/04/14/discrimination-hiring-black-teachers/

===

Has white people gone too far this time?

What do you think about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

nypost.com/2017/03/06/state-considering-major-changes-to-teacher-certification-exams/
pastebin.com/yDwM4rCZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>(((study)))

BULLSHIT

the USA is a meritocracy.

If you have skill and knowledge you make it, if you don't you fall behind. People don't want black teachers because they likely lack skills and knowledge and a good portion of their education and work experience is likely chalked up to affirmative action. Hiring blacks is a risk because you don't know if their credentials and experience is real or fake.

I would much rather have whitey or gooky teaching my youngin's because I know they earned their place.

Uh, it's a Harvard study; THE Harvard. If there's one study you can trust, it's one by Harvard.

Secondly, the study said the candidates were EQUALLY qualified for the job. Yet when the candidate happened to be black, they didn't get the job a disproportionate amount of the time.

In other words, this is another example of whitey being racist ol' whitey McRacisthead.

no they weren't equally qualified
someone cannot be given lower standards to entrance than be considered equally qualified.

>and found that, while both black and white teachers were equally qualified

Pure bullshit, of course.

>Uh, it's a Harvard study; THE Harvard. If there's one study you can trust, it's one by Harvard.

Partisan central. Not impressed.

SAUCE

>Uh, it's a Harvard study; THE Harvard. If there's one study you can trust, it's one by Harvard.
Appeal to authority. I want you to scroll to the very top of this board. The original post, that one that's always stickied--go through it and it will explain to you why you're an imbecile.

gime the source nigga

is that a man?

i suspect it's OC

the guy who posts the CRP_### webms never posts the source and no one else seems to know

Simple, the USA is a society created by and for White-Europeans therefore we prefer people of White-European descent.

:c

this is my fetish

>(((Harvard)))

>A FUCKING LEAF on vacation
nypost.com/2017/03/06/state-considering-major-changes-to-teacher-certification-exams/
pastebin.com/yDwM4rCZ

New York has noticed this, and has decided to kick start the plan "Regression2tehmean" in effort to fix this

Educational studies are known to be inaccurate. Anyone in a field of study knows this.

Disgusting, what a degenerate slut

We have something like this too here in Germany, it's called the Frankfurt School. They are the most important thing and create the best studies. Even in the past, they produced guidelines for modern society, look them up.

gib sauce

My dick don't give a shit about that