Redpill me on Climate Change

Lately i cant shake the fact that stuff like electric cars and solar energy are the best thing humanity could be investing in right now. See we either get our oil currently from the fucking shit-skins who worship a pedo, or the fucking lefist leafs. If we wanted to be America first why are we not investing in generating our own power? America could be the next energy supplier powerhouse. China is already beating us to this. Who gives a shit about environment change, wheres the economic sense from Trump? Aswell there is nothing more freeing than generating your own power, so why rely on others to provide for you?

I need to know the truth

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3QmkHr0W5Vk
youtube.com/watch?v=yTTaXqVEGkU
vancouversun.com/news/local-news/teck-investigating-process-water-release-at-highland-valley-mine-near-logan-lake
cleantechnica.com/2016/05/12/lithium-mining-vs-oil-sands-meme-thorough-response/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Lately i cant shake the fact that stuff like electric cars and solar energy are the best thing humanity could be investing in right now.

This is an easy one: it's because you're a moron. Still drinking the Trump Cum Smoothies. He doesn't care. He is a shill. Alternative sources of energy are good. But the government and its helpers always bring you poison that looks and smells good. Always. If electronic cars become standard, automated cars will be next. They are in this to ultimately restrict your ability to flee the End Game System. That's why they're trying putting all the underlying infrastructure in place now. So when that final world government arrives, it'll all be ready.

You're not even at the point of realizing this yet. If America was really in control of its own destiny, it'd be a much better, more technologically-advanced nation than it is today. You see the government making retarded choices and you wonder why. THAT IS WHY. It's being set up to flop.

Fuck then what ideology do you support? Leftists are the only ones left with enough power to overthrow trump and i sure as hell dont want them in office. Is it likely we'll see a faction split like bernie's commie party

Climate Change and Global Warming are real. we can feel it down here.

>can't shake the fact
Because you aren't asking yourself questions and doing your own research. Let me ask you: how is an electric car powered?

>how is an electric car powered?

electricity... duh

> 1. we are not running out of oil
conventional oil, yes that is for a large part in regimes that are at least questionable.

Unconventional oil is getting more and more available as technology progresses. In offshore nowadays wells can be built at 3 kilometers water depth and then 14 kilometer underground to find an oil bubble. A lot of oil reserves that is "not available" or undiscovered is on ocean floors and if needs be we can probably extract oil from the entire ocean and we can continue with burning petroleum based products for centuries.
>this is speculation btw but seeing the results from the past I kind of conjecture this

Also peak-oil is a lie and has been disproven by reality in the form of current oil production.

>2. China is not beating us
The factories of making batteries is in China (also due to the fact that they have certain minerals necessary for this). The making of batteries is terrible for the environment, these factories are in China. The leading company in electric cars is Tesla which is American.

>capcha select images of cars

Electric car batteries and the heavy metals used in the motors require strip mining to get. How ecological does the pic look. Especially when most is imported from China. I would love for the lefties to defend China's environmental record.

China has a government that recognizes and is pushing towards green energy. Those batteries may be terrible for the environment but they last a hell of a lot longer than a barrel of gas. China doesn't give a shit about the environment but they see the wealth in investing in it.

Real yes, but how much is man made and how much is a product of nature itself is the the issue.

OP you want red pill, the ultimate red pill? Fine then... the answer is simple,
TOO MANY HUMANS!
Now you know, and every possible solution to too many humans, just about every last fix/remedy/solution is bad :(

Its real, and its caused by human action.

The real debate is what we should/can be doing about it, and what the consequences are.

Its also tied to the population debate - Everything is entirely manageable if we could get niggers to start using BC and bring their family sizes down but they breed like vermin and thats a problem, because eventually they are going to head to the west en-mass.

Pollution is another related issue, the DALY cost of which to the Chinese is ~5-10 years. Its also an issue in the US and Europe, though Western industry is both generally less polluting and more carefully regulated to minimise the cost to the local environment.

We (the west, humans in general) should be shifting to a more environmentally sustainable lifestyle, even from just an economical sense. The current main benefactors of denying these issues are Megacorps.

The solution isn't to go full on lefty-green, but to turn to science to pragmatically and efficiently modernise the economies.

Again fuck the environment, think about the bottom line.

The air force is currently working on jet fuel made from soybeans, and the navy on seawater based fuel.

This one's better

>because eventually they are going to head to the west en-mass.

And they'll all buy red mercedes, which will be so so good for muh economie.

Personally I think the best is to replace petro fuel with biodiesel made from plant oils and methanol/ethanol, you can make it yourself and doesn't fuck up the planet.

Might not be as efficient as oil, but when oil becomes too expensive or runs out we'll be mostly fine, if we can make ourselves less dependent overall on products that use oil

China idea of green energy is graphite snow from strip mines showing villages. China doesn't give a fuck about the environment because they have bigger issues, like feeding their people and keeping their economy above water.

no they don't, after a year or 5 the batteries start to drop in efficiency and this is the big problem, once they have a lifetime of 20-30 years they might be able to compete with gas cars.

Also the muh chinese meme needs to stop. Their government is not an efficient machine as you make it up to be, their engineering objectively sucks. Look up Chinese escalators on liveleak or something and you will see my point.

>muh strip minning

when you are finished just fill in the hole and plant trees.

is this so hard??

Probably in great part thanks to humans.
Not as thanks to humans as media likes to tell us.

Is a serious problem but the lack of transparency grows skeptics.

fucking leaf

>China doesn't give a fuck about the environment because they have bigger issues, like feeding their people and keeping their economy above water

You don't see the irony in this statement.

There is no way to feed people or have an economy without the environment.

So you can either buy into the ponzi and hope it doesn't collapse until the next guy's watch, or withdraw. You seem like the buy in type.

>5 the batteries start to drop in efficiency and this is the big problem

2nd law of thermodynamics is a bitch

You guys are morons. Because it looks ugly, does that mean it's bad for the environment and all leftists should condemn? It's stupid.

Besides, battery manufacturing can be improved to be less harmful to the environment. The entire argument that "batteries are difficult to make in a clean way" implies "electric powered cars are as bad as gasoline" are hilariously narrow-sighted.

have you read the series of novels by branden saunderson called mistborn? basically same plot but with some magic

>The real debate is what we should/can be doing about it, and what the consequences are.
Can't do shit about it. And it's not really hurting the planet, it's just hurting coast dwellers. But just because we can't stop it, there's no reason to be defeatist about it. Just get ready to deal with the consequences. A lot of the consequences are predictable, so no reason to be a nigger with no concept of the future. Be prepared!

>is this so hard??

well actually, yes.

It takes energy, manpower, and resources to do that. So something that is marginally profitable becomes unprofitable, and so it is not done.

Just ask Haiti.

it happens all the time.

CO2 scare is just a hoax for jew scientists to money grab.

Methane trapped in permafrost is MUCH bigger issue.

There is a genuine problem with pollution though. And geoengineering is what's actually fucking with the climate...

The ruling elites are to blame.

your part of the biome asshole.

That's the fucking bottom line.

You fat degenerate piece of shit!

So leaf what are you saying than, Are the Chinese environmentally friendly then they strip mine? I guess that graphite snow that some villages and cities experience was just H2O right. Oh I loves leafs like you- poster disagrees with me, time to insult.

>biodiesel made from plant oils and methanol/ethanol
cool plan bong-bro, and by all means, do some of that. The more energy sources you have, the more independent you can be. But don't expect it to stop climate change. Someone else will just use the fossil fuel you didn't (China, India, Zimbabwe, etc)

yes this might be more beneficial to the human race, but how do we pay for the infrastructure to essential do a 180 from profit to sustainability?

>Just ask Haiti.
We restore nature after strip mining. Been working on that myself actually. But then, we're probably a little more civilized than Haiti.

I haven't insulted you. Withdrawal takes more courage and self sacrifice than 99.9% of the people have, and there are literally no personal gains for doing so.

It's a beyond fucked up situation.

>We restore nature after strip mining. Been working on that myself actually.

easy

>climate change habbening
>gets more radical
>people blame themselves
>gets reel bad.mp3
>poles flip
>metor hits earth
>get dinosaurs back
>best timeline

find the flaw, you can't

>We restore nature after strip mining. Been working on that myself actually.

You seem like a very successful consumer, and a valuable member of society - who is likely rewarded with a large mansion, beautiful wife, 4+ offspring, and several luxury vehicles like a red mercedes.

uhm, does that still count if i did it because they friggen paid me to do so? ... yeah-yeah, irony but still, if you weren't being sarcastic?

Yeah I know, I meant in the far future when oil is either gone or just becomes too expensive to drill for it, biofuels can be used as a diesel replacement. People do it today with waste olive oil from fast food shops, lye and home brewed methanol (wood alcohol).
There's also some research into growing and harvesting large amounts of algae for their plant oils which seems like a great idea

Same way we built railways, roads, police, hospitals etc. The State.

wtf why?

Motherfucker! Is that the ISSUE!?
NOT THE BILLIONS OF DISPLACED PEOPLE IN THE COMING DECADE? Fuck off.

wat u dont like fire its fun lol

Ehrm, Norway. About those billions of displaced people... As you know, our clay are kinda flat, actually extremely flat compared to yours. And ehrm, cough. I'm terribly sorry about langenatten and for ever calling you a fjeldabe. So that said, and if I promise to work hard and not ask for gibs, can I come and live with you then? I mean, when some 92 percent of my clay has turned into seabed

Wrong! Natural Gas. Enough in the US to power the globe for centuries.

Then why are we deepthroating the House of Saud?

I believe its because its better to just burn off the oil then let it seep into the surrounding soil and possibly into underground water sources

>

youtube.com/watch?v=3QmkHr0W5Vk
youtube.com/watch?v=yTTaXqVEGkU

/thread

Pity your past self for believing the sheep around you proclaiming "muh science" while none of them had ever actually looked at the science.

Eeeh, I sometimes wonder that. But I haven't really bothered to ask. Because my deductive guess seems reasonable enough. You wan't to use their natural resources, leaving them with none. Before you really! start to tap into your own.

I have designs for a car that runs off liberal farts. Not as efficient as oil, but there is an inexhaustible and renewable supply of it.

Yay Niilo, facts and source. That's exactly what I was referring to when I said global isn't harming the planet, just people living in low areas near the cost. During dinosaur ages, there were no icecaps what so ever, and life was so rife it sucked so much carbon from the atmosphere and trapped it under ground that the planet was basically turning into an iceball. Self regulating, ice age (as we have now) means less carbon sinks and then eventually, us, letting all than trapped carbon back into circulation

The truth:

Climate is changing, again, only this time humans have a small role to play in it. The change will not fuck up life on earth but it will fuck up a few million people if they don't get ahead of it.
The planet is fine, it doesn't need to be saved.
The people are fucked but so few, along the coastlines, that nobody cares.

Incidentally, murricans would do much better with severe flooding and human displacement of both the east coast and the west coast. Just imagine comiefornia under water...

I'll sum it up for you, but answer me this first: do you believe that politicians would lie for money or to keep their cushy job? I'm not referring to "the government" like it's one giant conspiracy, just a number of higher level politicians spreading a lie.

Quick version:
>get a few respected scientists and a vice president
>convince the world that humans are having this awful effect on climate
>offer solutions, very very expensive solutions
>congress turns on the money-firehose and sprays billions a year
>money goes to "tech startups" that are ALWAYS connected to these same politicians
>next year at the congressional hearing "we need more money for funding, muh ice caps!"

Pretty much all government agencies and interest groups work this way, ask for money, pocket as much as you can, shit out just enough products or research to look like you're working, and then do it again next year. It's not some grand conspiracy, just lots and lots of Climate Change committees wanting to get on the gravy train.

If humans have affected the climate at all, it's less than .001%. A large volcano could erupt and put out more carbon than we have in 150+ years.

>China has a government that recognizes and is pushing towards green energy

Not even remotely true. Who or what gave you that idea, some random blog? China doesn't really have an EPA, and the millions of factory owners could give a shit less if they did. Cutting corners and ignoring laws is the Chinese way.

thats the fucking point OP. Trump pandered to the dumb who think Coal is coming back. it isnt, the world is moving towards clean energy and it is creating more and more jobs.

We have the sun, its basicly an infinate source of energy. and once we can harness that, we wont need oil for anything other than plastics, and that too is becoming obsolete.

Once you get rid of the demand to buy power from shitskins, you eliminate the need for Russia to invate europe via Ukraine and Turkey as well.

you solve so many problems by creating your own power.

sure, you're welcome to become superior fjeldabe

Kek, thats a copper mine you fucking shitposter.

vancouversun.com/news/local-news/teck-investigating-process-water-release-at-highland-valley-mine-near-logan-lake

Lithium is the main ingredient in batteries, and right now all the worlds lithium mines are like 1% compared to coal, oil, gas.

1 fucking % of the mines in the world mine Lithium.

OF course you would still need oil, copper, aluminium etc, but overall if you just cut out Gas, coal and oil used for petroleum, you end up fixing the planet.

You won't like it here, we don't sell liquor after 6 in weekdays and beer after 8. And nothing on Sunday's, holy days or election day.

But if you go up north they brew liquor everywhere. And yea, Dane's are welcome, would be kinda cool to have you guys in our backyard to fend of the Swedes.

fuck off with your dumbass youtube.

if that is what you base your rationale on, then there are tons of videos proving it other wise.

Now who do we trust, random people or actual fucking scientists.

Besides if you just do a 10 minute research, its pretty fucking evident that we are contributing to global warming.

i mean ffs, climate deniers, flat earth believers and fake moonlanding idiots are probably the same people who believe that Illuminati was the cause of Dave quitting the Chappelle show.

Also you dont /thread your own post you newfag.

YOU SCIENTIST?

>Those batteries may be terrible for the environment but they last a hell of a lot longer than a barrel of gas
Wew, do you even realize how much of the grid is powered by fossil fuels? Batteries are an energy sink, fossil fuels a source and more sinks are the last thing we need as fossil fuels deplete through the 21st century. Your type also confuse technology for an energy source when in reality another huge sink. China can make a lot of trinkets and baubles for the west but in the end...

Want some advice? Prepare thy anus!
It's going to be a hairy ride and totalitarian global governance regimes attempting to control the remaining fossil fuels through a big lie backed by mountains of propaganda is actually the last of your worries in the years ahead.

Think milk. It's all that really matters.

And where does that electricity come from? A coal-burning power plant. Good job on supporting coal-burning, electric cars!

oh it's still a relief. I worked plenty in Norway already. Don't smoke at all and by Danish standards I hardly drink at all (By yours that'd be moderate drinker)
And pheew, I was afraid I'd have to go and live in Greenland, the old kingdom will have plenty of new clay up there (the bits that are currently under ice). But the Eskimos are so angry with us. You, well, you are kinda loud on your independence day, good, for you. The rest of the time you are utterly-not-at-all-butthurt-about-the-past.
And yeah, you know me that well. If you need someone to go to the front against Sven, you don't have to ask us twice.

Chabge is real. Man made. Not bad for enviroment.

The last part of this is the true red pill. While north pole is shrinking, south pole is expanding. Earth have become 14% more greener in last 30 years.

Nice tinefoil-hat analogy you fucking retard.

Kinda ignorant view. Yeah, sea rise only directly affect people living by the sea. But what about the increased levels of various gasses? Or acidity levels of the ocean. And drier ground with more rain leads to more floods and flashfloods. Higher levels of co2 is seen in faster plant growth but with decreased nutrients values. And I could go on, there is simply said a lot of shit that will fuck shit up for us.

You know how I know you're inbred? Volcanoes lead to cooling of the atmosphere. Not warming.

Scene from Fires of Kuwait

> Kuwait
> Water
My sides.

Our ancestors came out of Africa and adapted to harsh winters, new diseases and an unpredictable food supply
We'll be just fine

Pollution is Public Enemy #1, corporations like to use global warming/climate change as a red herring.

It's about 50/50 between human cause and natural cause as to who is responsible for climate change. The earths climate has been evolving over millennia and before humans existed so It's nothing that can't be stopped on this kind of planet; merely impede it's progress by not emitting so much greenhouse gases into the ozone; mostly a responsibility that should be held by major energy corporations.

Using the term "global warming" is also full retard. The change in climate drastically increases the effects of cold and warm weather. Not one over the other.

Sea levels rising because of melting icecaps is as physically impossible as it is entirely bullshit.

That's all the red pills I got. Feel free to correct any, but their most likely correct.

Because the elites want a quick buck and ROI on renewables take years. Government is full of corrupt money hungry goblins.

The real answer is: "Just doing my job".

Kids these days.

>Climate change
Climate has changed back and forth for literaly millions of years without us. It's gonna keep doing that for millions more. With or without us. All we can do about it (at least at present), is to pour gasoline on the fire. Or else find something _useful_ to do with it.

>Electric cars
Oil and coal ain't gonna last forever, so let's go and make the alternatives viable. If you think you're being fleeced _now_, wait 'til the oil runs out!

Sunlight ain't gonna last forever either, but by the time _that_ runs out, we'll have long since left this planet (and/or existence). In the perspective of humanity, it may as well actually be eternal.

Also, there's nuclear power and there's nuclear power. That singular type we're using now, is increadibly wasteful (not to mention dangerous), so we really need to look into alternative forms. And ignore the FUD-mongering shills, they don't know WTF they're talking about most of the time.

The Jews are ruining the environment and blaming us for the damage. We'll get taxed and they'll get rich.

Sure, some of that. We're feeling it already. Instead of the typical nordic 'drizzle rain' we get tropical style rainstorms in the summers now, washing away soil and roads. Challenging, something we need to steel ourselves for. But no where near as problematic as being 20meters under water

Electric cars are just less fun.

> Leftists are the only ones left with enough power to overthrow trump

>
You're joking, right?

Not sure about pollution being enemy #1, but definitely up there (in the top 5 or so), and worth addressing. Dumping poison everywhere is a piss-poor way of appreciating the planet we have.

>Using the term "global warming" is also full retard
This is where I use phrases like "barking up the wrong tree". Poisoning the planet does all sorts of nasty shit, but I'm not exactly convinced that climate change is one of them.

>Leftists are the only ones left with enough power to overthrow trump
Look, if you don't want Trump to be president, then give him a _decent_ opponent in the election! It really is that easy!

I think fusion power would solve a hell of a lot of our problems, if we managed to develop it. Unfortunately nobody is willing to risk the billions needed for research

>Also peak-oil is a lie and has been disproven by reality in the form of current oil production
Hardly; all they've really done is to move where exactly that peak is. It still is a non-renewable resource, and those will have a peak _somewhere_.

Nobody can predict the future. Anyone who says they can is just trying to con you.

This will ALWAYS be true ALWAYS.

People have also been saying this for hundreds of years and yet standard of living keeps growing with a growing population.

Since we only speed about 2% of economy on agriculture in "developed" world and maybe 10% overall there is still a long way to go on what is possible in terms of subsistence.

Food and water can be produced practically without limit, it would just cost more.

We produce so much food now that we have to burn or throw away a 20-30% of it just to prop up prices.

>Its real, and its caused by human action.
because the TV told me so and the TV never lies.

Because I too a degree in subject and studied the source materiel extensively.

Took* fuck. Had a few Easter pints.

the scientists are useful idiots.

trading and speculating in CO2 credits is a potential trillion dollar scam for wall street.

There is nothing wrong with polluting less, in fact it should be encouraged.

The human cause of climate change is real but also greatly overstated by people who look to derive power from it by inciting fear and desperation.

we will be burning coal for hundreds of years to come.

>but overall if you just cut out Gas, coal and oil used for petroleum, you end up fixing the planet

O Great Norwanon, please tell us what you mean by "fixing the planet". Seems to be working just fine, feeding, clothing and sheltering more people in more ease than at any other time in history. Of course I am sure it is not up to snuff by your faggot commie Norway standards, where all the men are faggots and all the women fuck niggers, but most people are satisfied with it.

Corporations like the "global warming" narrative because it sells their "we're all in it together" globalist agenda.

Of course all of the policies to "prevent" global warming only increase CO2 emissions, lock in the market share of monopolists, and prevent the development of alternative technologies, so obviously they aren't actually too worried about it.

#ImWithHer 2020!

>prevent the development of alternative technologies
Technology is not an energy source it's a sink. If there even was a viable alternative to fossil fuels we would have needed that a generation ago.
The "agenda" is to control the remaining fossil fuels and the more people on board voluntarily through a neo-Pagan lie about saving earth by paying a carbon tithe the better before shit really starts to wind down.

The totalitarian tiptoe is everywhere in all facets of life for many reasons, I guess first because what is the pleb going to do about it? And secondly because the future is grim, resource depletion with growing populations, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know an iron hand in a velvet glove needs to be rolled out soon.

cleantechnica.com/2016/05/12/lithium-mining-vs-oil-sands-meme-thorough-response/

Provide a source for what type of mine that is, or shut the fuck up.