What happens to those who chose the wrong religion?

If they truly believed that their religion was the right way, never heard of the true religion, and/or were atheistic, do you think they should go to hell, or the equivalent of it, for simply believing that their religion was the right way?

What happens to those who are born so isolated that they never learn of any religion at all?

according to bible even tribal people from other side of the world could be found in heaven, so I guess what or who you believe doesn't actually matter, just your actions

Missionaries BTFO

There is no afterlife. There is only this world the Goddess created and this life.

damnation of course

Theoretically, they would be judged then based on what they did in their life. Perhaps they would be reincarnated into the correct faith to allow them the chance to experience it?

>never heard of the true religion
no excuse. free will.

>according to bible even tribal people from other side of the world could be found in heaven
Where? Quote it

But there are so many religions that claim to be the one *True* religion. How is a person suppose to pick apart the false ones from the correct?

>God is an awesome God, and nothing will stop him from getting the good news to even the most remote parts of the world, "to the ends of the earth" (Acts 1:8). And as if to prove it, God even gave John a glimpse of heaven, where he saw people "from every tribe and language and people from every nation" (Revelation 5:9).

I'll try to remember what my friend told me (He's a pretty solid christian). If you had doubts or just didn't know or never knew about it God would understand since the afterlife is a huge thing to grasp for a human. If you outright denied then you were damned.

It's called "Logical Atheism" (I think). Where you are troubled and can't tell whats real. That's not damnation either.

I was told a while ago and can't remember a lot of it but that's the gist of it.

>If you outright denied then you were damned.

even judas didn't get penalized for disawowing and deying jesus, only for failing to atone it afterwards

I tried to find a reference in the Catholic Catechism but couldn't. Basically, if that person still lived virtuously and did their best to pursue religious truth, they have a chance.

Of course everyone reading this should become a Catholic though since this exception wouldn't apply to people with internet access

If that is the case, wouldn't it be merciful of God, no matter which religion He/She/It is the head of, to reveal itself in a way we can understand and comprehend? Set the bar straight, and tell everyone the truth; not through a book or some epiphany that only one person knows.
If that were true, wouldn't the need for atonement be calculated and defined based on what the person had done that was their largest sin?
I'd imagine God talking to Judas, and making him live the life Jesus had all the way up to his crucifixion, so that he understood what it was like to be in his position.
I was baptized Catholic, but at this time I'm questioning everything.

they are innocent because they never received 'the word'

No, this is the modernist interpretation of that.

Religion is opium to the masses.
>information age
>still clutching at ancient sand religion
Jesus fucking Christ lads. ISHYGDDT. Dont worry though. Biology will ease your minds. If you still cant connect the dots after that, then you then might as well waste your brain away with mindless doctrine.

What are you having trouble with?

>>God is an awesome God, and nothing will stop him from getting the good news to even the most remote parts of the world, "to the ends of the earth" (Acts 1:8). And as if to prove it, God even gave John a glimpse of heaven, where he saw people "from every tribe and language and people from every nation" (Revelation 5:9).

How else would you interpret that? Seeing people from 'every language and nation' in heaven during time of John?

They pray four times, they pray five.

Whose ways are strange, when it's time to survive?

No trouble, at least none that I can see. I've begun to experience life for the first time, and it's beginning to change my understanding.

What is to say, hypothetically, that the ancient religion of the Norse were true? Would that mean that we all will be damned to agonizingly bored Helheim?

Well, how about this: people on Sup Forums will use the internet to read things like the work of St. Thomas and St. Augustine, the Islamic State guys will use the internet to post beheading videos and jihad material, and atheists will use the internet to feel smugly superior in their unbelief.

Stop being a technological determinist.

Nothing happens, OP

Just like what happens when you choose the "right" religion, too.

If they don't find Jesus, they go to hell. Very simple.

I feel you, man.

The way I see, if god really wanted us to follow a set amount of rules, he would be be sure that we at least know what he want.
If there is a god, he probably don't care about what we do.

It takes time to spread Christianity. For example, everyone here has pagan ancestors. So while some virtuous truth-seeking pagans have a chance, it isn't because they believe in whatever pagan gods they believe in, it's because of the mercy of the true God who sees their genuine pursuit of religious truth

Nigga. Every human on this planet has a question. A question about his existence his goal. Curiously enough science answers those questions in a way that is almost magical. If you can find an answer in the Bible that answers those questions please let me know. Because I grew up with that book and it only raised more questions.

religions are just different man made paths for your spirit

a facebook using atheist normie is more lost than a follower of any religion , I would hate to die having never contemplated the universe or my soul, I would deserve to come back as some insect that feeds off shit like OP

>What happens to those who chose the wrong religion?

Depends of the religion

Do you think that the world rests on a world-tree and that at the end of time a wolf will eat the moon?

Science only explains what things are, it doesn't explain why they are. I say this being in a STEM field

I honestly don't care at this point. If I go to heaven it's because I deserve to and if I go to hell so be it.

First of all, don't mistake what I am going to say below as cultural relativism. I'm not going to say all religions are correct. Some religions are indeed corrupt and brutal, with leaders that are downright manipulative and malevolent.

Having said that, spirituality is something innate to human existence. That's why you can easily compare religions and find many similarities. Dionysus, Jesus, and Krishna for example all had similar lives according to their respective myths. The essential morality of most religions is also the same; avoid excessive brutality, take care of yourself and live with dignity, take care of your family and your nation, and struggle to fulfill your divine purpose in life.

Even if you are an atheist, you should at least accept that religion is an evolutionary adaptation made as a form of social cohesion and a way to make people less miserable. If you're a believer, you should at least accept that sincere and good people from all faiths will be rewarded in whatever afterlife awaits.

Go ahead hardline Christians, quote John 14:6. That's all you ever do when I say this. But I never see you quote Luke 17:21. You may not be aware that the three wise men who visit the child Christ were Zoroastrian magi. And you're probably not even aware of the massive lost and partially rediscovered body of Christian literature that was destroyed by the church in the formative centuries of Christianity; literature which is often mystical with heavy Greco-Roman pagan influences.

>TL;DR religion is mostly a good thing regardless of the beliefs and the people who tell you you're going to hell for believing in the wrong deity are cunts

I do not know, it's certainly possible that we're in some sort of sphere of ethereal energy being supported by a hypothetical tree, but then the next question I would have is how did the Norse discover that?

Personally, I'd enjoy having the after-life act like a chain; it has an infinite upper limit, but a definite bottom. You can only go up, experience new things, but there's always the bottom.

>soul
Ahh the conscience creatures rationalization to ease his troubled mind. Dont worry bucko. Death isnt all that bad. Merely a part of the balance. Life leads to Decay. Decay leads to life. Its a closed loop. The atoms of your body will one day be absorbed and used in the chemical processes of a billion living things. There is no matter for a soul. Hence there is none. Consciousness is just a curious by-product of life's most complex products. And the loops that conciousness dives through to suppress the crushing finality of death, is fucking damn hilarious.

Then what does the tree rest on? Another world or a bigger tree? The early Christians would use simple questions like these to point out the absurdity of paganism.

>Personally, I'd enjoy having the after-life act like a chain; it has an infinite upper limit, but a definite bottom. You can only go up, experience new things, but there's always the bottom

Well basically what you get to experience is determined when you die (since the nature of the soul can no longer be changed after separation from the body) so it's not quite like that.

>Acts 1:8
>Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
In no way implies people will get into heaven without Christ just by "being a nice person" *goodboy points.* Just states that Christ is sending out the disciples to preach to ALL NATIONS.

>Revelation 5:9
And they sang a new song, saying:
“You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
because you were slain,
and with your blood you purchased for God
persons from every tribe and language and people and nation.
Again, nothing to do about "good people" who didn't know about Christ getting into heaven, it is specifically about those whom Christ saved.

Bad theology is bad.
This is just more of the modernist feel good christianity that is going to send millions to hell because they didn't want to offend people. Christ didn't command us to be nice, he sent us to salt and light, warm water and hot water, not lukewarm wimpy feel good christianity.

There is no matter for gravity. Hence there is none.

Abraham believed the Lord, and it was credited to him as righteousness.

Belief is a choice. Those who chose not to believe have committed a grave sin. Those who have an invincible ignorance, in that they could never have searched for the Truth because none of it was available to them, will be dealt with according to God's mercy and justice, which are the only mercy and justice.

a mistake many people make, and it exposes them as actual retards, is trying to argue the meaning of existence or a god, for or against, based on a book

for instance if you think the bible is wrong, it proves nothing either way and accomplishes nothing , the bible could be wrong and god could still exist , in the end you are almost completely ignorant of the cosmos and your place in it, you don't actually know what you are

And that is okay for you to hold that belief, but I can find no solace if I take that into my heart. That only leads me to understand that once this life is over, so am I.
I like to think there's something more out there. All that energy that drove my consciousness can't just decay into nothing.
I could ask the same questions about Catholicism and Islam, though if I asked about the latter I'd probably be stoned to death.

That's another thing I wonder about; is the soul real, and if it is how is it created? Is it the moment a sperm fuses with an egg, or is it when I am born?

It is these questions that I'm curious about, and hope to know as time passes.

They go to Purgatory for 10 seconds
>What's going on?
>this was the right religion, you never heard of it.
>Here's everything you need to know
>Oh, that makes sense, sort of.
>I can agree with that.

They go to hell for their sins. Only way out is to have someone pay for your sins which is only found in Jesus Christ and what he did on the cross for sins of those who believe.

I don't believe it, a good post by a canadian

If you do not accept Jesus Christ as your lord and saviour you will burn in hell for all eternity.

>"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.” - Revelations 21:8

Well we actually refer to modern science for that, since we now know that conception occurs when the sperm meets the egg (no more of Aquinas' ideas of ensoulment). So your soul is created at conception. And yes, your soul is real but it's more minimal than pop culture leads people to believe. It doesn't contain your memories or anything like that. It's more like just your consciousness

And if you want to ask the same questions about Catholicism, please do.

They still die.

There's no point in selecting a religion.

I'd like to, but I'm home with the folks for Easter. My parents are always nice, very nice people. They're Catholic, but don't quite follow the religion all too much. "If you're a good person, God will forgive your sins." was something my mother used to say when I was a kid. I tell you this, for now I'm going to go downstairs and help make the dinner.

Thank you for your assistance leaf. Have a meme.

Muslims will say the same shit. How do I know who to believe?

These gay little Indians proselytized me and my daughter at Disneyland a few years ago. Said that we should follow their religion or we'd suffer. Who do I listen to?

Agreed. Religion has done an excellent job at keeping the more narrow minded in line. But here comes the problem. The narrow minded take the Bible way too literally (I love the Bible. It has some of the truest axioms for the greater good). Now these radicals stick to rules designed for savages who lived thousands of years ago. Weve made a hell of a lot of progress. In learning about human behaviour and why we do what we do. To exploring other planets. But now, a big chunk of the population refuses to look into the wonders of science because "muh Christ". These idiots are slowing our progress by hundreds of years.

Did Lucy go to purgatory? What about humans from 150,000 years ago? Do Alzheimer's patients get their memories back in the afterlife? Will there be a bunch of people from the 5th century who don't speak English?

And worse yet, they breed like rabbits and brainwash there kids into mindless zealots. Thank God for hallucinogens or I would probably still be dragged to church.

The idea of universities was invented by the Catholic Church

Oh, so this is about you and mom? Going to church takes away from your video games?

Religion is simply the McDonald's of the masses.

Thats cute. Had to give that up a long time ago.

>be a child rapist and murderer
>before you die say "sorry lol"
>welcome to heaven!

>(John 5:28,29)Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.
>(Rev. 20:6)Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and they will rule as kings with him for the 1,000 years.

Explain this goyim, no mention of heaven or """"""hell"""""".

You go to hell.

Thread/

Great arguments lads

Another one bites the proverbial dust.

>(Matt 24:11)

>Catholicism
>Christendom in general.

See

Everyone has a religion. The excitement on black Friday is just like the religious clamoring we see throughout history. People get really excited about the carrot dangling in front of them and when they chase after it they're productive. This is how humans built the pyramids, The Vatican, and the greatest country on earth.

Religions are mythical carrots that are difficult to believe in if you think about them for too long, but religion isn't worse than the hedonistic consumerism that's taken over the west. They're just different ideas that suit the culture of their time.

>Will I be alive when I'm dead?

No

So in all actuality it's better to never hear about religion than to have it forced on you

Stop, youll scare the children

dont do it!