I am aware that there are different branches of Buddhism throughout Asia. That being said...

I am aware that there are different branches of Buddhism throughout Asia. That being said, what does each branch of Buddhism think about other religions? Primarily, I'm interested in what Buddhists think of Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and Hinduism.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naraka_(Buddhism)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mara_(demon)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afterlife#Buddhism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Precepts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

buddhists are atheists and hate all religious people. they are also not a religion in that they lack a deity.

Buddhist don't, its one of the questions that pointless to ask, namely is there an afterlife or a soul. Buddhists work on the here and now, seeking enlightenment through practice and following the 8 fold path. Just trying to be a person of dignity and loving kindness.

Buddhism = Hinduism.

These people are fucking idiots
He is right
We just wanna be left alone to pursue our well being, we usally dont fight back unless forced, burma is sad but islam did turn afganistan and Bangladesh into Muslim states (they were buddhist lobg ago)
We really dont care about foreign religions as long as they dont effect us

>Buddhist don't, its one of the questions that pointless to ask, namely is there an afterlife or a soul.
What? They specifically have heaven, hells, demons, heaven, and so on.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naraka_(Buddhism)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mara_(demon)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afterlife#Buddhism

Buddhism is full of all the old bullshit stolen from the Sumerians

>Buddhism is filled with things that influenced many religions around it
Well look at that, who wudda thought

To my knowledge it's a misconception to believe buddhists are atheists, they just think even gods are subject to the laws of karma and basically even being a god will suck eventually because of attachment, hate, greed, and delusion. Take the god of the bible. The guy is poor cunt, constantly angry about shit he caused by his own actions. One of the realms displayed in the wheel of life is a godly kingdom for instance, with the realm of demi-gods underneath who are constantly struggle for more and more power.

Well look at that, I posted evidence that TOTALLY REBUKES the bullshit espoused by and Buddhism is just another pile of horseshit superstitious nonsense and rituals.

How? Buddhism is just shittier Hinduism. Thailand still uses Brahmin priests to perform their rituals. "Peaceful" Buddhists in Sri Lanka genocide Hindus. Buddhism is a load of crap.

We killed them because they started a 30 yeae civil war mate,no for their religion
*tips fedora*

Also
>genocide
Gotta stop watching that channel 4 bulls hit mate
There was no genocide
We attack them in war, and there were civi deaths
By your logic you had another holocaust in iraq

By the way, buddhism has that as basic flavor
Real buddhism is literally just following 5 basic rules
Follow them and you can spend life how ever you like and you are a good Buddhist

Buddhist believe all paths area way to God. It's the only tolerable religion.

post 5 rules to refresh my mind right now!

Buddhism is Hinduism stripped for export

Many modern Buddhists are religious but the original texts has Buddha saying he isn't a God. Buddhist don't believe in an anthromorphic God, but universal laws (karma) that apply to everyone in the universe.

>Rare
>Based

Lot of fedora tipping tards in this thread.

Buddhists don't tend to concern themselves with other religions.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Precepts

I remember reading that Buddhists consider Jesus an enlightened individual close to Buddha. Not sure how they reconcile Muhammad though.

They didn't steal shit, they just mixed with it.

You have been here before. I remember you said this and when I had a look, well, it isn't wrong, really.

We do not. Murderer, pedophile and warlord.

Jesus Christ, is respected along with Christianity as it preaches tolerance and acceptance,
Islam is disliked by basically everyone
Alot of historical oppression and persicution

Lord buddha was a hindu that basically left it and made his own way, of a simple life ( he felt sick of his extravagant life as a royal)
Hinduism late reabsorbed buddhism saying that buddha is another form of kirshna

Buddhism alone is too narrow minded, Zen is the true path to enlightenment.

can somebody tell me the name of that fat evil chink who was "satanic"? he was like some evil crowley kind of faggot, i cant remember his name. he subverted buddhism

why though

It takes everything into account.

Buddhism only talks about how to live life
Doesnt go into detail about creation and those things

Buddhism is sold as a new-age type bs belief system but its in fact highly aristocratic. There higher and lower states of consciousness and everything but nirvana is dukkha (suffering)

>what is the tibetan book of the dead

Alan Watts was a Taoist though, his version of Zen is extremely personal and takes huge liberties with the doctrine.

To live in tao,it means within ying yang (the line dividing it). If you notice that's S shaped. That S is the serpent from genesis, ying yang are adam and eve. Y'all satanists

ok bud

i mean he didnt subvert all buddhism but he tried to. anybody remember his name? i cant remember it, it was asian, obviously. he was a fat pedo-cannibal, left hand path kind of subhuman. there was even a wikipedia on him

This is one of the most dumb ass 'interpretations' of anything I've ever witnessed.

>buddhists are atheists

no, buddhism itself is pretty agnostic. buddhists can believe in god(s), or not.

Chan Buddhism is the best and the most 'free' per say.
You free yourself from desire (No that does not mean Happiness) and try to benefit those around you as well as maintain the natural balance (Fauna and Flora)

They would have gotten along with Islam had the Muslims not destroy/plundered/raped the Buddhist holyland/holy sites.
(The Quran encourages violence against non-believers and apostates)

All of Southeast Asia all the way to Central Asia/Afghanistan was Buddhist until Islam came along.

They don't really care about Christianity/Judaism.
At most, they would regard them as deluded self-righteous hypocritical fanatics
Only your Neo-Platonic interpretation of 'existence/god' is correct?
How arrogant/deluded can you be?

Hinduism/Jainism is part Buddhist but is more religious and grounded upon Vedic Mythos

You know that we just said that so they would leave us the fuck alone right?