/Ecclesia/-Christian Alliance General

For Catholics, Coptics, Anglicans, Orthodox, and Protestants alike, we are all brothers and sisters in Christ.
Except Mormons, screw them. they think that Jesus was an ayy lmao.

Also: Some frenchanon suggested to put in some useful links in the beginning of the thread.
please suggest some Internet resources and confession, that it belongs to. It will help us to catalog these resources

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gotquestions.org/Methodists.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methodism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methodism#Theology
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Whitefield
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wesley
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Wesley
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Catholics aren't Christian

This. Mormons are the real Christians

Why do certain (western) Orthodox churches say that the KJV bible is the best translation? Why don't they translate their own bible and approve it.

The Dutch Catholic church has its own translation.

Mormons aren't Christian

They clearly are, however misguided they may be.

Are you LARPING.
I just finished the most tedious reading of my life and got to page 207 of the book of mormon

Well, that was a good start to the thread...

They are, despite the fact, that we have ceased our Eucharistic connections (and still, this is common for orthodox churches even today). We still recognize pope, as bishop of Rome and patriarch of the west. But we disagree with absolute power of the pope over Christendom. Only legal ruler of Church is the Holy council (synod).

>Only legal ruler of Church is the Holy council (synod).
There is no head of the Church but the Lord Jesus Christ. Nor does any man or collection of men have any authority over the whole of it, but only God through holy writ.

Catholic church came first

"Consider how contrary to the mind of God are the heterodox in regard to the grace of God which has come to us. They have no regard for charity, none for the widow, the orphan, the oppressed, none for the man in prison, the hungry or the thirsty. They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they do not admit that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, the flesh which suffered for our sins and which the Father, in His graciousness, raised from the dead."

"Letter to the Smyrnaeans", paragraph 6. circa 80-110 A.D.

"Come together in common, one and all without exception in charity, in one faith and in one Jesus Christ, who is of the race of David according to the flesh, the son of man, and the Son of God, so that with undivided mind you may obey the bishop and the priests, and break one Bread which is the medicine of immortality and the antidote against death, enabling us to live forever in Jesus Christ."

-"Letter to the Ephesians", paragraph 20, c. 80-110 A.D.

Protestant btfo

"It is within the power of all, therefore, in every Church, who may wish to see the truth, to contemplate clearly the Tradition of the Apostles manifested throughout the whole world; and we are in a position to reckon up those who were by the Apostles instituted Bishops in the Churches, and [to demonstrate] the succession of these men to our own times; those who neither taught nor knew of anything like what these [Gnostic heretics] rave about." - AH, 3, 3, 1

Sola scripture btfo

There was no catholic church in modern sense. There was a pentarchy, who recognized patriarch of Rome, as "first amongst the equals", then other autocephalous churches formed (Georgia, Bulgaria, Serbia, etc). Pope was never recognized as the absolute ruler of the church. That was a main reason of schism. Not "filique", not how you cut bread during liturgy, but political conflict between Pope and other patriarchs for political domination.

Stop being an arrogant moron

pot, kettle

I have evidence unlike you

Stupid oz

Why must you spoil every discussion?

Step it up, senpai

Get out of here granny

I'm not even in this argument you spastic.

Then eat shit you racist

anons how do I get back?

>Racist
Who said anything about race?

I know you ozs shill Wmaf and look down on asians

By learning to poo in loo

I don't do that bruh

Are there any of the St Thomas Christians near you?

you aren't a true christian

What a pathetic loser

It all starts with faith

I am better than everyone itt

Sup Forums does

Fuckinf racist

Starts with emus

>Sup Forums is one person with one viewpoint on everything
And your posts are now hidden. I advise everyone else ITT to do the same.

Yes I'm from the same state where it started (Kerala)

Now you are racist

What's your exact problem, friend?

They are shit since they cannot use the toilet

He can't get back to the toilet

That's awesome

Wow, we've discovered Christian version of ikibey, good to know. stop replying to this guy...

Hide his posts, do not reply to him, completely shut him out.

I don't read the bible/pray anymore.
I want to startover, don't know where to start

>outbreed fags

that's not how homosexuality works

Start by using the toilet

Do you still have faith in Christ?

No one is talking gay here. Back in closet

yes

CHRIST say poo in loo

I don't know which "denomination" though. Most of the folks here are catholics but i'm not convinced by Catholicism. It seems to be filled with "do this and you will get em blessings".

Do you still go to church?

>MUH sola Fide
Kys

Non-Catholics cannot be considered Christian as their Sacraments (if any) are disordered, and therefore heretical.

yes, I play the guitar there.
I don't listen to the sermon though. Most of them are "reading between the lines" type where the speaker seems to say what suits his view or something.

Convert to Islam or die infidels

You are going to hell

Dumb PRODDIE

"It is within the power of all, therefore, in every Church, who may wish to see the truth, to contemplate clearly the Tradition of the Apostles manifested throughout the whole world; and we are in a position to reckon up those who were by the Apostles instituted Bishops in the Churches, and [to demonstrate] the succession of these men to our own times; those who neither taught nor knew of anything like what these [Gnostic heretics] rave about." - AH, 3, 3, 1

Explain this

Welcome to protestantism

Stupid moron

It seems that you lack enthusiasm because you have an uninspiring fellowship. Have you looked into going to other churches?

some "preachers" are literal pedos. I don't understand why God would give them such positions.

Welcome to orotestabtism

Loser

There was another one which was too cultish. Are there any good streams from good churches?

There quite a few good streams on the internet if you know where to look, but they shouldn't be a substitution for going to church.

It's called atheism

Shut up proddie

Why am I so good?

What do you recommend? Which book do I start reading ? Gospel according to John?
Which church do you go to? A protestant? Or an "all denominational" one?
I'm moving next year (going to college). I hope I find a good church.

It call atheism dumdum

Depending on demographics there might be a christian society at your college, maybe look into that.

Personally I'd recommend Gospel of Mark as a primer, it's short and to the point.

I have an older, beat up Methodist bible my father received in Sunday school in 1965, should I read that one or go for something else.

I have no fuckin clue the difference between Christian's, Catholics, Methodist, etc.

>lewd Christ-chan

One thing

STop protestantism

You can eat shit

#eatshitproddie

Thanks for the help anons

What wrong snowflake?

Now kys

I recommend that you talk to your priest about the problems that you're having, and it is never a bad idea to read the Gospels.
I'm Methodist.
Most colleges (to my knowledge) have good Christian groups; the one I went to had about 4. Have a look at your college's community page, see if there is a Christian fellowship there.

you support an institution which sets itself up as the appointed intermediary between man and god, possibly the most arrogant and moronic claim anyone could make

Don't know what you mean by this

The KJV is basically the 'go to' Bible in English, but it is always good to cross-reference with other translations. Your father's Methodist Bible should be alright, just cross-reference with another translation.

Explain

Because that's obviously rich in corruption potential. KJV may be in an obscure old fashioned version of English and use lots if fancy words, but this allows it to be a much less liberal translation, with significantly greater potential for meaningful scrutinisation of the wording of the Bible by ordinary readers.

Not that everyone should read KJV, just not every church make it's own.

Can you give me a quick rundown on Methodist faith? My dad's side was Methodist and I was raised Catholic. Like I said above I have his old ass bible from 65' and started reading it last night.

There's a Methodist Church I can walk to so if it isn't lame I'll start going maybe.

Glad to help, bro

Protestantism is false

But why did the early Christians deny the five solaes?

Islam > Christianity. It took me a long time to realize this, but it's true. Convert to a religion with balls before it's too late Sup Forums.

Better be pagan than protestant.
The former are simply misguided or ignorant, the latter are heretics.

Give me five reason why

They do make their own, there's like a dozen protestant translations, and two Catholic ones.

If you're reading the message and you aren't younger than 12 you're a fucking faggot. Pretty much anything is superior to the message.

>Quick rundown
gotquestions.org/Methodists.html

>Rundown
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methodism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methodism#Theology

>Key figures
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Whitefield
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wesley
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Wesley

Basically, it is a more formal, old-fashioned, less 'in your face' version of modern Evangelicals.

Why are you such a loser?

FUCKING CALVINIST

DIE DIE DIE

Chinks look like rats.

So I went to one of those Elevation churches on Easter, course this was moreso just to try it out

>the music was that rock-and-roll type of Christian music
>no hymns
>music was too loud
>fog machines and lighting that kept shining in your face
>at the end of the service they gave me a really high-quality Bible, but it's NIV

The sermon itself was actually really good, the preacher was as well pretty alright. But honestly the music and the fact that there were some obvious Pentecostal converts there really made me not want to go back.
Now I just don't know what to do with the Bible they gave me

Methodism is Arminianist

And another thing, there are quite a few areas in which Methodist churches are bananas-tier liberal, stay away from them.

Islam only makes the most sense

Is NIV not good? I have NIV