North Korea EMP Attack

Why is nobody really talking about the 2 satellites North Korea has in orbit? Experts still have no fucking clue what is on the satellite they launched last year and because of it's strategically-chosen orbit, many believe it could give North Korea the ability to take out our power grid.

Now I know that everyone likes to underestimate them. They've failed in spectacular fashion many times. However, we know for sure they launched satellites. We know for sure they have nukes. How can we just assume they don't have the ability to utilize the two together to create an EMP blast?

wnd.com/2017/04/north-korean-weapon-called-existential-threat-to-u-s/

Other urls found in this thread:

westernjournalism.com/pentagon-works-protect-power-grid-amid-fears-attack-n-korea/
jstor.org/stable/pdf/3965567.pdf
jstor.org/stable/10.7312/davi16622?Search=yes&resultItemClick=true&&searchUri=/topic/electromagnetic-pulses/?ed=2017&sd=2010&page=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>We know for sure they have nukes

Pretty sure they don't.

How can the western US even compete?

>NK satellite.

pretty sure they do

So those nuclear bomb explosions/tests we've detected coming from NK was just nothing then? They have nukes. Dont bother posting if you know literally nothing.

Thank KEK that EMP's power/damage ability is limited by the Inverse Square Law dipshit......

For an EMP to be effective at even knocking out a small city like Nashville, Tn; you'd need a battery/capacitor bank the size of 10 football fields stack 100ft tall.

They have nukes, just not... Good ones.

Edit: I forgot include that is the size they'd need to do it from Orbit

>Implying they are still in orbit

Look up for the X-37 shuttle.

EMP attacks are literally impossible to commit on the United States because the CIA commissioned a program and all of our electric grids are grounded.

If an EMP attack were to occur, we would capture all the EMP electricity into that same ground node and pour it into a rocket that would fly directly to the capital of the country that committed the attack and electrocute their leader to death.

drumpf's tax returns are on those satellites. it will be released very soon. screencap this.

Fuck EMPs, what was stopping NK putting nukes in orbit? I'm assuming they aren't signed up to the treaties about not putting weapons in space.

forgive me if I believe world experts who are genuinely concerned, over you user.

They have nukes, they just can't deploy them except on a bunch of shitty old bombers that would get shot down before they get close to their target.

That program was approved, never implemented. They just announced they're going to begin doing so. Clearly they're worried.

Lets just say that NK does have EMP abilities.

Then what? Its effects upon the US military would not be sufficient to stop the yanks from obliterating NK, either with a short term strike, or simply holding the line, getting back up and slowly and methodically deconstructing the NK regime. China would absolutely NOT support NK in such an incident because it would weigh its options and decide that its not worth getting into a fight with a pissed of USA. As a deterrent, it only works if the US is aware an informed to be deterred.

An EMP attack on the US would be devastating... compared to other recent attacks. But nothing that the US couldn't rebound from within days/weeks with a vengeance. Most of the damage would occur due to looting and panic.

Conservative estimates say it would take months, if not years to recover from such an attack. Not sure how you can minimize it so much. Millions of people would like die too.

I'm a former physicist that's done much work for the DOD. No one w/ a background in Physics is worried.

this would be a good move from North Korea since EMP attack on them wouldn't do shit

Oh just the smartest, most capable people in our government. No big deal...
westernjournalism.com/pentagon-works-protect-power-grid-amid-fears-attack-n-korea/

>innawoods
Go ahead and keep memeing about the culturally diverse east coast/north/south. Westernfags will be hunting big game and working crops while you all kill/eat each other in your multiculti utopias.

No dipshit, he's a fucking policy analyst for a think tank and has no science background. You idiots will believe anything if the "news" with a source of a source of an unnamed source's brother's friend fat bro from the 70's said it's true

please kill yourself

or a nuke...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wnd.com

fake news

You first. Dude everyone has said for decades that our grid is vulnerable. You're the only person I've seen try to argue that everything is fine and that an EMP isn't a concern.

>However, we know for sure they launched satellites.
We know for sure that Soviet Russia launched Sputnik 1, too - but what does it matter?

Nobody seriously thinks that NK was successfully able to put a Nuke Satellite in fucking orbit

Nork citizens needs Direct TV too fagoid.

I'm not saying our Grid isn't vulnerable you dumb fuck.

I'm saying the description of an attack from NK is completely and utterly scientifically impossible. There are plenty of other ways NK, or whoever could successfully fuck our grid; but it's not 1) An EMP satellite and it's not 2) A Satellite born nuke from NK

Bullshit.

Most facilities would be up and running within a week, with critical ones back within the first 48 hours. Sure some would take longer but the country would be up and functioning within a matter of days. The military even faster.

And EMP attack by itself isn't that much of a problem when it comes to this level of conflict. Its for the follow up attack (whether nuclear or conventional) that hits when the nations infrastructure is crippled that is the real danger - something that NK does not yet have the ability to do.

jstor.org/stable/pdf/3965567.pdf is a decent artificial on the matter. Its cold war era but since then we've only gotten better EMP disruption resilience.

And this chapter jstor.org/stable/10.7312/davi16622?Search=yes&resultItemClick=true&&searchUri=/topic/electromagnetic-pulses/?ed=2017&sd=2010&page=1 explores a very similar attack to what you described.

or you could just disregard the article and not bother reading it at all where they talk about how this satellite doesn't really help North Korea at all for communications.

> many believe it could give North Korea the ability to take out our power grid

NK couldn't take out Chinese food

Their nukes are still in the fission bomb phase. They haven't progressed to thermonuclear yet.

checked

>North Korea
>Having the ability to set off nukes in space

Even if they could, they probably would have been observing the sattelites and would have chunked them into space debris if they seemed too suspicious

You answered your own question. The satellite is the key. It's a EMP

You nig , read a Novel