Credit cards: tool of the jew, or a valuable benefit to people that can manage their finances?

Credit cards: tool of the jew, or a valuable benefit to people that can manage their finances?

Largely pointless

Meh, necessary evil.

Mostly pointless. You shouldnt be spending money you dont have. Interest rates are made to fuck you.

But I use mine to buy shit online, and pay it back almost immediately.

If you're responsible (which 99% of people are not), they can be a valuable benefit.

I'll go with tool of the jew on this one.

They can be used to make slightly more effective use of your money, but that is not why they exist.

To morons (75% of population):tool of the Jew
To Intelligent people: beneficial

They are a tool. Americans have the problem that not using any form of credit is going against their score. Here we have the opposite. If you own too many cards while making an average wage, you are in for a surprise if you want a mortage.

There no no good free credit cards here. Not going to let some jew take the cut of my spending AND pay extra on top of that.

total tool of the j. people think they're so smart for using them and getting 'points' or 'cash back', but they don't realize the processing fees are passed on to the consumer. Also credit rating is a bs globalist scheme too.

Bad stuff. Stay away.

Use Visa Debit instead of CC

>be not-retarded
>get free money for spending money and paying it off immediately
>build credit towards larger purchases

problem is bullet 1 is often not true

>but they don't realize the processing fees are passed on to the consumer.

you pay these either way, silly dot

>One bad goyim takes advantage of cashback by paying off his balance monthly
>Gets free (actually free) 300$ at the end of Q4.

>25 college students rack up 9000 each and pay it off over 40 installments
>Creditor makes 30000 after initially paying out 300 to each student

You don't pay processing fees with debit cards. If my bank would charge a fee for each payment, I'd change banks. My monthly fee is roughly four bucks, which is still too damn much.

You need a credit card to build credit

You pay them with the products you buy, the grocery store is no charity.

Jewish tool. So Jewish that the use of one is required for you to even be looked at for a home loan

I've survived on my checking account alone since I was 27. After looking into buying a condo, I had to get a credit card just to build a credit rating. I only have a $500 limit, and only use it for grocery shopping, but it's bullshit that you need to carry a card that can put you in debt just to buy a home

Not here, see >tfw cash is so popular in Europe that the government has to ban it in order to push negative interest and other shenanigans on the goyim

it's built into the cost of the product you buy you dolt

>card that can put you in debt
How does the card put you in debt?
Any why are you shocked banks want you to have a credit history before loaning you 300k?

If the point of a credit rating is to prove that you can pay the monthly payments on a mortgage, why doesn't showing that you're good enough with money that you never needed a credit card to begin with, good enough to prove yourself?

people dont have credit cards because they need them
they are a convenience

My credit got pretty bad, like in the mid 500s for a while. I got behind on some bills and my mortgage a few times. I paid those on time for 6 months and got me a credit card that I funded myself and used that for groceries for the month basically. After just doing this my credit is at 680 now even though I still have marks against me like a few hospital bills that I honestly forgot to pay and next thing I know its been a few years. It seems like those dont effect your score as bad as missing things like mortgage, car and other credit cards or loans.

>credit cards are a convenience

Did you miss the part about a credit rating being pretty much required for a home loan?

Check your credit score. If there's anything in collections, even if it's paid for and says "account closed", dispute it. There's a good chance that collection agencies can't actually prove you owe money and the credit reporting companies will delete it off your report.

You'll have to dispute them through each credit reporting agency though.

No denomination of the Christian church has ever condoned usury.

So you're saying that banks should give out home loans to people who have never shown they are capable of making monthly payments and keeping up on a debt owed?

quads confirms that this is true

yes

>tfw you're not retarded and have been getting free shit from amazon's credit card for years
Get mad dumb fucks.

It's a tool of the Jew. With the roughly 3% or something they charge the stores you lose anyway if you don't pay with a credit card and benefit from the cashback. I remember gas stations in America charging you less if you pay with debit or cash but that is a rarity.

Bottom line is everyone loses.

i have 2 cards
1) Bank card/debit card
2) HSA card

And I feel that is too much as it is.

>Buy everything on Amazon
>Cheaper than at retail
>Get 5% cash back with credit card
>Pay in full every two weeks so no fees ever

I really don't know why people think this is a bad thing.

If you pay off the cc every month there is no interest.

There are other ways to track how well a person pays their bills on time, utilities and insurance companies do this. You shouldn't have to suck down a 24%+ interest rate for a random period of time to let the kikes know you've sucked their dicks long enough to own property.

It is the ultimate weapon of the Jews.
You may think you can use them to your benefit, but in the end you are just doing their bidding.

Prompt payment of your utility bills should be more than enough proof that you would pay off your mortgage

But jews made the credit rating the go-to authority because they know they could harass the irresponsible goyim with credit cards

Paying off your cards too quickly damages your (((credit rating))).

So just pay the card in full every month. If you're good with money then that shouldn't be an issue.

See:

Masterrace card coming through.

Well, the idea I think is to use it as a short term boost for cash.

For example, if you run short of cash on your current account, you could use the credit card as a quick fix. However, pay that shit back before you pay any interest from your savings account.

Keeping a long term credit card loan will make you poor.

Good way to get loans if you plan on not being a NEET your entire life and actually have upwards development in your life.

They still charge fees here. Not even little (1.5% on transactions in foreign currency, 22€ per year just for the lulz, 3% to get cash).
Rather pay cash right away and pay 0% extra.

Pretty useful.

If you don't mind not having the MOST stellar cash-back/rewards program you can just use a secured card (pre-pay upfront)

That way you can just use it like a debit card with a limit, build your credit score up for large future purchases, and not get screwed over by Mr. Goldstein.

This is not true, it doesn't help it to pay it in full compared to paying most of it but it doesn't cause a negative change.

Credit builder

>Keeping a long term credit card loan will make you poor.
Holy shit Estonia that was a deep post!
They call them revolvers, people who can't comprehend 30% interest compounded.

>it doesn't help it to pay it in full compared to paying most of it

Yes it does, it results in you not paying interest.

valuable to non retards to who don't spend beyond their means.
I got 150$ for spending 500 on it in the first 3 months and get 1-5% cash back. I ALWAYS pay it off well before the payment date and never spend beyond what I have in the bank so far its probably earned me 300 extra bucks just for using their card.

It's still quite common. Gas stations don't make much profit from gasoline (a few cents per gallon). Credit card transaction fees would eat up all of that. So cheaper if you pay cash.

Both.

I use it and most of the time pay it off every month. Every now and then a large unexpected expense will come up and I carry a balance for 2-3 months.

It was a godsend when my wife's mom got sick and we had to pay for a ton of flights back and forth and eventually funeral expenses. Took nearly 3 years to pay off and start saving again.

Playing the deduction and credits game is the only reason to care about credit for the smart operator, otherwise the smart operator sets up without a mortgage then does a save upgrade routine getting to the property he wants without a mortgage.

Well, it's obvious to some people, but not for everyone. I have an acquaitance who constantly has a 2.5x monthly salary in credit card debt (which is also his limit). Whenever he gets a few hundred down from the limit, he will buy something pointless with the balance (iphones, drones, whatever).

Some people really do think that your credit card limit is your money you haven't spent yet.

The biggest mistake 99% of millenial make is believing the lie "credit cards will ruin your life". You can have a degree and make $50,000/yr but won't be able to get a decent loan if you don't have a good credit history. It's just a track record showing you're responsible.

Long story short
Get a credit card and spend 10% of your limit a month and pay it off a week before the bill comes in the mail

You get rewards points and a good track record for free

Out Jew the Jews

Yeah but the fucked up part is I've noticed it helps to keep a little balance in there. My credit score jumps a little more when I don't pay it off in full. Can't believe we all have decided this is just fine.

It's really good in countries like mine where you can get robbed at any time.

If some nig comes and steals your wallet you just need to make a call and he can use it to wipe his ass

>chase freedom unlimited
My nigga

They would be the latter if people knew how to manage their finances.
But people are stupid and fall prey to debt collection agencies, so they're the former.

I lost my job, didn't qualify for unemployment because of a fucking admin error on my roe. Took a while to find work. So my credit card was paying my bills. Took a long ass time and lots of interest together out of that hole. Word to the wise.

>have a bank account from when i was a student
>interest free overdraft
>ring them to cancel it
>"Are you sure? They're useful in an emergency."
>tell them that i've read their T&Cs and there will be interest charged to it after i graduate
>ask me if i'm sure
>tell them i am
>pay it off, cancel the facility
>can tell they're buttmad down the phone at me

I was speaking purely in terms of credit score, as was the discussion.

>They still charge fees here.
Not the case here in burger land, plenty of ccs with no fees to select from. Another tip, even thought paying off the cc every month, also setup auto pay of the minimum so that if you forget and are late you're protected from getting tagged with a late fee.

my negro

>tfw Sup Forums would blame the jews on their financial stupidity

For most, tool of the Jew. Rule that I learned a long time ago is don't use your credit cards unless you are absolutely sure you can pay in full.

Also, it's not just your borrowing history that gets looked at. They also look at whether and how often you pay your bills on time. Yes, they know about that.

You faggots know that this is the number of the beast not bar codes.

It's a tool of the jew. With a credit card, you go into credit without even thinking much about it while buying whatever - since it's a "fluid" system. You need to be vigilant not to let the jew tool screw you over.
Normally for making huge purchases one could look at your income and balance.

When using a credit card, you are already one step in the credit trap.

30% or 40% of your balance is what most people with money do if they are focusing on high score.

I say this having worked in collections for CapOne for the last year. Every other person with 10k+ credit limits has said something along those lines.

Anything money related is a Jewish tool

fucking exactly, as long as you're not a brain dead spendthrift, credit cards are nothing, but an asset to you. My retard parents constantly took out loans for vacations that they couldn't pay for, and when the realized the credit cards weren't just a magic ATM, they lied to me telling me that I should never get a credit card because it'll ruin your finances. Dumbfucks who use credit without common sense give them a bad image.

Credit cards are terrific if you use them correctly. Get a rewards card and pay your balance in full every month. Free money.

I use one purely for online transactions and never carry a balance. The fees that they charge retailers are way too high, as Bitcoin can perform transactions for a tiny fraction of said fees.

>put money in interest bearing savings account
>do all spending on credit card during the month
>earn interest on money you haven't technically spent yet sitting in bank account
>earn cashback on that amount from your credit card
>not be a poorfag and pay off CC in full at the end of the month to avoid CC interest
>enjoy purchase protection and identity theft loss prevention that most credit cards offer
>build responsible credit history

If you're not poor and not doing this, you're a moron.

>>enjoy purchase protection and identity theft loss prevention that most credit cards offer

Chargebacks are the real fucking scam

>Buy expensive shit over the internet
>Call CC company, tell them there is a problem with it, not as described
>Get full refund
>Don't even have to send it back, just have to "make it available" for the merchant to get which means I could tell them it's on my porch and come get it.

not using a cc is retarded

you are literally paying 2-4% more for stuff than necessary.

What? So paying everything with cash as you eran it will give you a bad score? That´s madness

Not exactly, he's misinterpreting the system. Having a card with a constant zero balance is bad because it shows as zero utilization which doesn't prove anything about your ability to repay.

The absolute best way to increase your score is to charge about 10%-30% of your total credit limit each month and pay it in full each month. It shows excellent utilization without looking like you are overextending yourself and your payment history is still perfect with no fees.