Northern Ireland

Time for one of *those* threads.
Northern Ireland, currently split government wise 50/50 between Pro-British Unionists and Pro-Ireland Nationalists.

I as an English man have the somewhat controversial opinion that we should not keep NI. This is because I believe Ireland should be totally British, or not British at all. It might be different if NI was a seat of culture, an economic boon or even a proud part of the UK, but it simply is not.

The Culture is Laughable with the Orange Order being one of the most bizzarrely proud and yet pants-on-head retarded groups I've ever seen.
The Economy is a drain on us, NI is a failed statelet which we must constnatly throw money at and for what? More riots, instability and retarded politics?

NI is not something I am at all proud of nor do I see any merit in keeping it. I am anti-irish nationalism, but do believe in Ireland being part of the UK but with its own identity as Scotland once had. After all, it is a separate island. Ireland and England could have done great things.

But this is not the case, and we're left with the tumour in the North. I think we should cut ties and tell them to fuck off, as they are an absolute humiliation at their worst and a costly afterbirth at their best.
I don't see them as British. I see the whole of NI as one big money draining failed experiment on an Island which we should control entirely or leave to rot.

What do you believe?

ROI fags welcome of course but try not to stir up too much nationalist sentiment or the loyalists will get autistic which will encourage even further shitposting.

Other urls found in this thread:

belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/twaddell-camp-dismantled-as-orange-parade-past-ardoyne-shops-in-north-belfast-passes-off-peacefully-35092282.html
theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jun/12/racism-northern-ireland-couple-tell-abuse-belfast
irishnews.com/news/2016/05/05/news/racism-the-new-sectarianism-in-northern-ireland-according-to-former-belfast-pastor-509505/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think we should take back the whole of Ireland, preferably democratically.

But I disagree on the whole "all or nothing" mentality, if the citizens of northern island wish to be part of us then they should stay.

Just unite Ireland. Unionists had a use years ago but they are useless now.

Also, to stop immigration, we need a hard border and that will fuck Northern Ireland. Add the demographic changes and current government being corrupt, it's redundant.

The Scots would've fucked off by now, if the SNP weren't such utter clowns.

Just bring back the empire. This democracy nonsense is for plebs.

The Irish must be removed.

I don't say a feasible way for that to happen, but I am somewhat staunchly "all or nothing"

Again, I would change my mind if NI was worth something, but I don't think they are worth it. Wanting to be part of the UK shouldn't be basis for being in it. The UK now more than ever needs people ready to contribute while NI as a province has not been at all worth owning for decades now. And that's not even entirely the fault of nationalists, in fact I daresay if it wasn't for the loyalists being such paranoid asshats then the Troubles might not have got so out of hand.

I believe Ireland should be in the UK, or at least in some form of Union with devolved power if that is how it must be, but NI alone? No thanks. It isn't even all of Ulster, for christ's sake.

Ireland belongs to Britain.

But you're more likely to lose NI to the republic than to take the rest of ireland. NI is a shithole no one really wants.

>Time for one of those threads.

End the UK.

/thread.

>Muh Ulster Scot heritage

Faggot.

I am with you on that. A hard border will fuck Northern Ireland hard.

They are even calling for direct rule just because nationalists are popular, do they not know that westminister running things is going to do absolutely nothing other than fuck the unionist parties over and allow nationalistic sentiment to rise?

If we could have all of Ireland that is ideal, but I think NI hurts both the UK and the ROI moreso than it helps either of us by existing.

It has always felt like a temporary situation to allow tempers to calm but I see very little reason to keep them now beyond the various apeish orange men sperging out for a while.

>I as an English man

Just because you live in England doesn't mean you're English, ahmed.

No need to be so hostile, spaniard. I know relations between our countries are a bit sour, but I'm trying to be mature about this.

Yes, of course I would always want to claim all of Ireland for the UK and more, just as I'm sure you would like to maximise Spain's effective and valuable clay.

But my opinion now is that the reality of the situation is that NI should probably be done away with. It is inevitable that it will join the ROI, it's just a matter of whether it's smooth or shit when it happens.

Ireland is rightfully under Spanish dominion.

(But on a serious note, Direct rule will be a disaster, and they will lose their minds once you enforce the austerity they've been saved from the last 10 years).

>Wants to get rid one of the only places left in the United Kingdom that isn't a multicultural shithole

Don't be angry at us because englandnistan is under going social collapse m8

Direct Rule would fuck NI to oblivion.

The loyalists there believe it is the only answer due to the massive populairty surge in nationalism because for some reason they think they have the right to remove their government when their party gets fucked. Direct Rule would be a dream come true for nationalists.

I wish for Ireland to be British but if it is going to Irish it ought to at least all be irish.

Fuck off sage.

The tourism and industry here is a pretty big money maker wether you like it or not. I appreciate that our impact on the benefits system is pretty bad but if you use that against us then you give the areas of England who produce even less a free pass.

I can tell you this though: no amount of democratic machinations would result in a united ireland without another street war and I'll bet any money with Isis leading the way on modern terrorism it wouldn't be in the same league as the 70s; much more brutal. Too many psychos here.

What PM in their right mind would want to be the one to even propose that idea anyway?

On a personal level - norn iron is my country. I wouldn't want to wake up one day to be stateless no matter how irrational you declare it

M8 you are the only part of the country that doesn't need pakis to shit it up, you do that just fine by yourself.

>b-but we're white

Not enough, mate. NI "british" people are an absolute joke

>MUH TERRORISM
>WE DINDU NUFFIN
>WE WUZ ANCIENT BRITISH
>MUH PARADES
>IT'S OK WHEN DUP DO IT

Literally what are you at. You could have been valuable if you hadn't been so autistic over the fact that there are probably irish people in that chunk of ireland you've decided shouldn't be part of the ROI.

You produce fuck all, you contribute fuck all, the only reaosn you're so white is because the white people there chimp out hard enough to keep refugees out and send them here, aka if anything you're a result of us having more of them.

Your country voted in majority to stay in the EU, you constantly mix up just how british you do or do not want to be and autistically screech every time your opinion is called into question.

It isn't a matter of "why would you give us away" but more a matter of why in the name of fuck would we keep you?

See you on the 11th and 12th of July when you retards burn irish flags and effigies of irish people, stir up terrible relatons and make an absolute cock of yourselves yet again.

How do you do, fellow Englishman? I also think we should force Northern Ireland into union with the South. While we're at it, we should give Gibraltar back to Spain, give Wales, Scotland and Cornwall independence, and hand the Malvinas back to their rightful owners Argentina!

Also, the Anglican church and the monarchy are highly problematic and we should abolish both of them.

>street war

what? between whom?

The UDA/UVF are gormless and useless, just as they were in the Troubles. They killed almost exclusively non-combatants, if they started a proper campaign they would be vilified by not only nationalists AND loyalists in NI, but most of the UK too.

They would not have us backing them this time and would be pacified in record speed. What would they fight for? If the UK doesn't want them, why would they fight?

The paramilitaries aren't driven by sentiment on the republican side anymore, they're driven by drug money.

There would not be a confilict and such an idea is absolutely retarded.

>I believe Ireland should be totally British, or not British at all
map autism

so often this shit comes down to map autism. foreigners see a border on a small island and it tickles them the wrong way, it'd look nicer if it was clean and simple.

>wanting to do away with an utterly pointless money drain which serves no purpose other than to satiate the autism of a small population
>the same as wanting to dismantle the UK

I have said many times that I want all of Ireland under our control, but since that isn't an option I think it's time to stop throwing money and resources at a failed statelet that does nothing but give people ammunition to laugh at us.

Direct Rule has other things Unionists will not want. The checks and balances will have be looked at and scandals such as RHI, Red Sky, NAMA, etc will all need looking at.

NI has always been the forgotten child, the one you pretend you're not home when the door gets knocked. Brexit means it's unavoidable so what the hell they will do I honestly do not know. A car crash in slow-motion.

I see an United Ireland as inevitable.

>an utterly pointless money drain which serves no purpose other than to satiate the autism of a small population
In other words, Gibraltar, Wales, Scotland, Cornwall, and the Falklands. Can't wait until 2050 when your new streamlined 'England' consists of three houses in the Norfolk Broads.

>I am anti-irish nationalism, but do believe in Ireland being part of the UK but with its own identity as Scotland once had

Yeah nah you're alright thanks.

>ROI fags welcome of course but try not to stir up too much nationalist sentiment or the loyalists will get autistic which will encourage even further shitposting.

Or we could just get rid of them. They're proof that mass immigration doesn't work and they should be sent back to whatever shithole they came from.

Where exactly are you getting your information from?

There's plenty of dissident republican activity here it's just heavily stifled by the media.

The underlying tensions here never went away and the drug wars are actively encouraged by the psni because it's self regulating. Support for the national problems would overwhelm our domestic police and require outside recruitment - not an attractive proposition politically.

You're clearly not from Northern Ireland or know anyone from here.

It's sad but it is the truth. There is a lack of self-awareness when it comes to the loyalists in NI, they seem to misunderstand how little they matter to us. It's a running joke in all of our political shows, for example, of "behave or I'll send you to NI"

I wish it could be some gem, some last bastion of british prosperity and wonder but it is honeslty a benefit dominated shit flinging unproductive very costly little shithole. The more money we throw at it, the more they fuck it up.

Didn't they just recently cost themselves millions because they protested in a park over not being allowed to parade where they liked? Or rioted over a flag?

They are like one of those ex-colony African countries who went to shit after we left, except NI managed to go through that whole process while in the UK.

Unification is inevitable, yes, but for fuck's sake I'd at least like some good to come of it instead of the current state of affairs.

Northern Ireland is Australian clay

My point was that a "war" on even the scale of the Troubles would not happen as the loyalist paramilitaries would not have British or state support, without which they are utterly and entirely useless.

Without the support of the state, police and british troops they could not accomplish much beyond regular terrorism which won't win them anything in the long run.

Naturally there are some dissident niggers who actually do cling to muh ireland sentiment but in reality a conflict due to NI joining the ROI would be flattened due to neither side having support of the resources required to make it worth a shit.

i wish ireland never left britian, but it seems looking at the north that the whole province is just full of easily triggered retards that cant handle others opinions.

top kekísimo

Belfast is the third richest city

Ah, come on now m8. These aren't comparable:

>Gibraltar
My understanding is you do earn tax revenue from them (prolly fuck all given size, but it's "in profit") and that's more about Strategic positioning.

>Falklands
Oil potential, combined with a "too soon" war.

>Wales
They are still loyal to the UK, and actually physically attached to England. 68% of the total economy works for the "State" in N.Ireland. Not to mention, Wales provides strategic industries such as Steel (just saying').

>Cornwall
Poshy's need Holidays too.

>Carribean
All of your corporations funnel their legitimate international holdings through them. They do serve a purpose.

N.Ireland is all costs, and no benefits.

Holy shit I'm an a Amerifag, and even I see a problem with you meme argument: NI is home to the Ulster-Scots and Anglo-Irish; thus, they are ethnically tied to Britain. How is that not reason enough to keep it? Wait...
>Wanting Based Christian Monarchy to give up more land
Ahmed detected.

NI should just fuck off. I'm fed up hearing about them on the news because they're too retarded to form a governemnt or are chimping out over flags or marches

Only because of it's proximity to Ireland, a superior country and EU Member State.

If the loyalists ran the place it'd be as much of a shithole as the rest of the (((United Kingdom))) (which is just England plus cucked peoples).

May did not even visit NI. The flag protest in Twaddell cost £21 million.

belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/twaddell-camp-dismantled-as-orange-parade-past-ardoyne-shops-in-north-belfast-passes-off-peacefully-35092282.html

Derry/Londonderry and Belfast are the only two economic areas but once the hard border goes up, it's gone. 2/3 of NI trade goes to RoI. The RoI only has 1.6% with NI.

The history of NI has always been like this and the violence was inevitable from the start-off looking at how it was created.

>I am anti-irish nationalism

what, so it should be a fucking colony or something

>I believe Ireland should be totally British

Why the fuck would you think that ya Nigel cunt?

most dissidents are a fucking embarrassment though

theyre hardly the provos. to be honest i get the impression most are unemployed layabouts from dublin and lurgan

It's kind of weird that he has a position on the constitutional position of an entirely separate country at all tbqh. It'd be like if he decided he was against "Danish nationalism" and take the view that Denmark should be part of the United Kingdom.

Bizarre and autistic are the only words for it.

i like NI memes. their meme game is strong.

It's honestly just "what I'd like" with no thought into what is practical.

I like the idea of a United Kingdom, except Ireland-as a sepearate landmass and collective entity-are granted proper status as a nation within the UK.
"Britain and Ireland" etc

But that is not at all possible since Collins pushed our shit in so I'd really just like to do away with NI which is nothing more than a failed statelet established to keep things running smoothly which nobody paid any real mind to for so long that many people all over the world forget we even own it.

For fuck's sake many of the people I go to Uni with think NI uses the Euro instead of the Pound.

NI is just a constant circle of loyalists voting in the DUP to keep the fenians at bay, which fucks up their country, so the fenians get more popular, so the loyalists vote DUP to keep them at bay, etc.

It's a big awkward mess and not worth our time.

tfw will never have enough psychotic rage to spend 120 hours in .gimp making a drawing of arlene foster shitting herself and puking.

I would rather we just nuked all our opponents, or gassed them with VX...

ALL who oppose us!

>My understanding is you do earn tax revenue from them
You're wrong: British Overseas Territories do not contribute to the UK budget.

>combined with a "too soon" war.
We fought a twenty year insurgency in order to keep Northern Ireland, which ended in 1997 and cost four times as many lives as the Falklands

>Wales provides strategic industries such as Steel (just saying').
Guess you missed Port Talbot almost shutting down.

>Poshy's need Holidays too.
Yeah, but they don't go to Cornwall: they go abroad. Once you turn the question of Britain's territorial integrity into a matter of pounds and pence, every region outside London is on the chopping board.

>N.Ireland is all costs, and no benefits.
And when you get rid of it, the surrender-monkeys like OP look for the next place that is mostly costs and some benefits. Then they look for the next place, which is some costs. And by the time they stop hacking and slashing, there's nothing left.

IRA season 2 confirmed boys.

NIrish gunno revolt and rejoin their Best Irish cousisns

>hating the least cucked place in the UK
Norn iron is based

theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jun/12/racism-northern-ireland-couple-tell-abuse-belfast
> Racism in Northern Ireland: 'They called our children monkeys'
irishnews.com/news/2016/05/05/news/racism-the-new-sectarianism-in-northern-ireland-according-to-former-belfast-pastor-509505/

It's not really based, though.

Sure, they bully muslims and niggers but they are just as bad as them in many ways.

They will spill spaghetti over absolutely nothing, chimp out over the tiniest thing and are what the niggers call "white trash"

For every story of NI people being based, there are 10 of them chimping out like retards.

honestly I think we gave up NI with the good friday agreement.

You're 100% about NI and loyalists and how the English view them tbqh, it's just your opinion on what Ireland should be is bizarre and autistic.

It only ever seems to be English people who have these kind of opinions in significant numbers. You'd hardly hear a Spanish person expressing the view that Portugal being a different country is a bad idea and that it should be part of Spain, or that the Netherlands should be part of Germany etc. It betrays a lack of respect for our nationhood tbqh - even more so when you ever so kindly have the supreme grace to grant us "proper status" within your England-dominated (((union))) - and it's not exactly endearing.

You're wrong. Anytime I go to N.I. I have a great time. They really aren't like that. It's just a select few. They are actually really nice people to tourists they just hate eachother.

if only hitler had gassed huns instead

pic related would be ideal (if and ONLY if achived through democratic means), other than that whatever people vote for i would support

Do the Irish want them either?

I know, again I absolutely and entirely admit that my wish for NI to be some form of dominion within the UK is driven entirely by "muh empire" moreso than any semblence of practicality.

I'm just tired of constantly seeing these faggots saying "fuck off mick or my big brother england will fuck you up haha EU cuckold!!!" when NI was a pro-remain country which most of us here in England don't think about or just barely even fucking want.

Those who DO want it mostly only want it based on sentiment despite knowing full well how worthless and costly it is to have for such tiny, tiny, tiny """""gain"""""

You caused this problem. For you to give up in N.i. is a moral outrage. The conditions wouldn't be so bad if you hadn't of shovelled the scots and prod englishmen over there centuries ago.
Giving up on it would literally be the worst thing to do. We need to fix the problem we caused

Right, but obviously visiting there isn't the same.

I can visit India and have a good time, but I still think it's a mess of a country.

They despise each other of semantics.

"YOU ARE THE TERRORISTS"
"NO YOU ARE THE TERRORISTS"

The difference being the nationalists just relax and do as they please while loyalists-representing britain-make absolute twats of themselves every single year. There are infinitely more republican banter pages making fun of loyalists than there are loyalist pages making fun of republicans, because all the loyalist pages are full of tears and autistic screeching.

It's humiliating.

Maybe if they didn't... Throw stones at our cultural heritage parades it wouldn't be so... bad?

We do yeah, but realistically we know we cant possibly afford the benefits the british give NI. The Northerners know it too.

Its the single largest reason a northern Catholic has to vote unionist

Maybe if that useless nigger Paisley hadn't driven tensions up to retarded levels and headed a party which got into power through loyalists planting bombs and blaming the ((not active)) IRA things wouldn't have got so bad.

Maybe if your retarded and autistic laws bullying irish people weren't in place it wouldn't have been so bad.

Maybe if you stupid faggots hadn't shot and firebombed people years before the IRA even started their campaign in NI it might not have got so bad.

The Loyalists started the Troubles, we ended it. We infiltrated the IRA to the top and they turned to peace. The GFA was a mistake, but loyalists in NI did absolutely nothing but fuck rip their country apart.

Even your useless paramilitaries did fuck all but kill non combatants.

So obsessed. Did a big stong ulster-scot cuck your taig ma?

I'm not from Northern Ireland.

>here is why it's your own side's fault that your country is fucked beyond belief and why you people are all retards despite being absolutely obsessed with insisting you're the good guys
>"lol so obsessed"

Nah, I'm the opposite of obsessed. I want your failed little tumour of a province severed from our nation as soon as possible.

>I'm not obsessed I just make threads on something I don't care about and continue to monitor it and write bibles because I'm totally not obsessed

Traitors

Interested =/= obsessed

I made the thread, of course I will keep track of it.
Telling you why you need to stop acting like you're above everyone does not make me "obsessed", but you assuming that is what makes you a retard and does nothing but add to my statement that everyone in NI is a sensational retard.

Wow calm down and have a buckie and a bumble lad. You are quite obsessed

26+6=1

call him autistic next. that means you win if you do that.

I cannot wait until your children are being forced to learn Irish.

Fuck off idiot
Saged

I am Irish. I'm protestant Irish I live in the fucking falls

I think Irish is a cool language but this Act seems a bit retarded. Does anyone really want it or are SF just being memey?

My people just want gibs me dat. People that say they can speak Irish are liars and know like 4 words from republican tunes

If it's anything like we have here it probably doesn't go far enough. Both parts of this island need Quebec-style laws 2bh

I don't know why the loyalists are screeching autistically about the prospect of an Acht na Gaeilge though. I mean, what the fuck do they have to lose/give up? It's just a fucking language ffs, no idea why it triggers them so much.

Because it's seen as pandering to nationalists.

They think that the second irish people or nationalists are seen as just as normal a part of NI as Unionists are that the border will vanish, without realising that SF could literaly hold every seat in the assembly but if the people of NI say no in a border poll then NI can't join the ROI.

dont try to apply logic to orange types it never works

ITT; faggot english"men" who would sail British people down the fucking river.

Pay attention Gibraltar, the english have no feelings towards other British people.

I have listed my reasons for wanting rid of NI. The "british" people there are a joke.

How about you kys

Go fuck yourself. Better yet go let Ahmed fuck you and your wifes son.

The people of NI have been left to rot by cunts just like you.

Literally nobody wants you. How does that feel?

I think we should keep it just for the red saltire it gives our flag

How does it feel to know that a fifth of your island would rather take a dump on your tricolour than salute it?

I feel indifferent because we're not autistic about flags. That's you, not us.

I wish you were. Then maybe you would have designed a better one.

You just made a colour-shifted Italian flag and called it a day. Woeful effort.

The Unionists in NI should move back to England and make the whole country one country again.

They're mostly Ulster Scots though, they should be the SNP's problem.

Belfast was shit when I was in the U.K., it was the worst place I went except maybe London

>t. yank who took U.K. & ROI tour over summer

Damn Scots! They ruined Ireland!

You wish we were autistic? Ok, that's nice I guess, but we're gonna go ahead and not be as fucking mental as you are.

>You just made a colour-shifted Italian flag and called it a day. Woeful effort.

I mean the orange bit is for you, but fine - we won't make an effort to accommodate you in future. When the English abandon you, we'll just have to wish you the best.

What are you talking about??

these threads are always hilarious because the economic situation of NI is only as bad as that of wales, much of northern england and indeed anywhere rural in the UK. If you're going to make the economic argument, alright, but where do you draw the line? most counties are economic leeches off london

>lets pour money down the drain by making new road signs, and make everyone learn a dead language
ah yes, southern intellectuals

No they're even more hilarious because the posters have never read or heard of the Good Friday agreement. Rendering these threads pointless.

>muh economy

Stop being a fucking traitor m8, there's more to life than money. And no, I'm not from Ulster.

>lets pour money down the drain by making new road signs

Or just gradually replace ones that need to be replaced anyway with bilingual road signs over time until all are bilingual.

>make everyone learn a dead language

It's not a dead language if there are hundreds of thousands of people speaking it.

Fuck I knew loyalists are pants on head retarded but you're outdoing yourselves lads.

No, you made yourselves ingovernable when your autism over there being irish people in a chunk of ireland lead to there being a fucking conflict that brought your country to ruin and fucked your own devolved government up for decades.

The state of NI isn't our fault, it's your own fucking fault. You useless faggots couldn't run a lemonade stand. You started a fucking war in your country, we came in and stopped it, and you have the audacity to blame US? This is why you should be done away with. You are a fucking joke of a country that has contributed fat fucking nothing. Away and protest over a flag or some other autism.
I mentioned more than the economy. I want NI out of the UK the same way I don't want-for example-Syria in. The UK should be comrpsied of people we want and nothing more.

There is more to life than fucking clay. It's all well and good to say "british and proud" but the people of NI do nothing but cost us money and reputation.