/Ecclesia/-Christian Alliance General

For Catholics, Coptics, Anglicans, Orthodox, and Protestants alike, we are all brothers and sisters in Christ.

Previous thread: Also, who here /pentecostal/?

Other urls found in this thread:

newadvent.org/
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA
interfax-religion.com/?act=news&div=12354
ncregister.com/daily-news/pentecostals-come-home-to-rome-eastern-rome-that-is
discord.gg/VQYaXwT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>kike on a stick

Friendly reminder that Israel/CIA/Shariablue create religious threads in an attempt to cause infighting among us. It's classic D&C (divide and conquer). Ignore religion threads: the OP is NEVER sincere with his questions or points. It all just to start a fight.

>Protestants
Tools of Satan have no business in a Christian thread.

For Catholics who are tired of funding liberal bishops and a pro-homo Jesuit pope ...

Place Atahansian currency in the collection as a protest.

nocathnocash.com

Hello Brothers in Christ.

Would someone kindly Red pill me on Gematria and Greek Isopsephy. Is its origins directly linked to Kabalah and the other Babylonian Mystery Religions and therefore just simply Saturn Pagan worship with mountains of pseudoscience and astronomy on it? Or is there something more there that I shouldn't be quick to skim over?

He actually just put them in the back of the Bible as a sort of separate "recommended reading" section, it wasn't until later on for reasons entirely unrelated to theology that they were removed.

Yes, he removed them due to the Jews having lost trust with those texts themselves and trusted their scholarship and denied apostolic authority deciding the scripture.

>no effective way of wording generals for non-Protestant faiths
>was going to do apostolic faiths but there is a new Pentecostal church calling themselves the "Apostolic Christian Church" and some sparse Lutherans try to claim Lutherans have apostolic authority too

Odd how Sup Forums threads that call for unity backfire so often.

It's almost like multiculturalism doesn't work here as well.

Protestants are heretics and should be treated as such
Happy Easter fellow Roman Catholics and Eastern Orthodoxes

It wouldn't just be the Pentecostals, it would be literally every Christian denomination coming into the thread as usual.

Just like that.

Orthodox think Catholics are heretics user, you're not "fellows"

>Believing in magical skyfairy
>2017

You seem to be mistaken. We're Christians. Fairies aren't a thing.

they are fellows to me
where I live there are Roman Catholics, Eastern Orthodoxes, and dumb people
there is no other choice
and we got along greatly, they are bros and there is 0 problems

Jews think Christians are heretics.
Orthodox are literally the Jews of Christianity

ITT: members of a societal control mechanism that was eventually found out and used by other groups to wrestle control from the original holders unironically accuse each other of heresy and do exactly the opposite of what OP wanted while people like fucking > are apparently pulling divide-and-conquers

>austist with an imaginary friend not taking schizo medication.

Roman Catholic, reporting for duty. Salus extra ecclesium non est

>trying to laugh at Christians in designated religious thread, literal militant_atheist.mp3
>"heh, autistic schizo"
can't you see the irony?

>Brother Nathanael

Hence the term Orthodox

>(((you)))
>pic related

tfw not fat, american or religious

>completely confused

Sup Forums has had a large Christian community since its earliest days. That community became largely Catholic/Orthodox and still is, despite some Protestants. As such they should defending their truth rather and getting others to assimilate rather than trying to propose religious tolerance and multicultural threads.

>societal control mechanism

Enlightenment ant-"organized religion" meme.

>it's no longer a fairy, now it's an imaginary friend

If you just hate Christians you can be blunt about it. If we're as stupid you think bluntness should better on us, no?

oh right
>(((you)))

God put me on this Earth to defend the Constitution - namely my guns!

is that your go-to british reaction pic?
you're the stereotypical one, the virgin militant atheist living in his mum's basement, fucking an anime body pillow while listening to generic EDM.

Nice, and actually fairly accurate once it's reversed.

> and protestants
Fuxk off heretic

Thanks, Reddit.

>father was a prod and mother roman cath

welp

Heretic of Catholicism, sure. Heretic of Jesus and his Church, no.

and who are you?

But user, The church of Christ is the Catholic church, in any of it's denominations, Assyrian, Coptic, Roman or Orthodox

Thank goodness this thread is in the catalogue. Sup Forums full of degeneracy these days.

Currently watching The Passion. Also, I love you Christ-chan

>Assyrian, Coptic, Roman or Orthodox
Why do you assume they feel the same way about you? You guys always try to be "bros" with the other churches you split with, but those churches think your not part of the Church of Christ and are heretics.

Community links for Catholics:

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!
>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.K)
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.S/Can)
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

Daimoniodeis Archaiai Legeones Egkauchaomenai en Chaous! 6 6 6

i was baptized Roman catholic but was raised by my father and his family.

At least one person understands that we need to burn the heretics!

They are tremendously close compared to Protestantism and so they find much unity in that.

Outside of ecclesial concerns and some lay practices they are tremendously similar.

You are so hardcore, roach.

friendly reminder that Protestants (especially Anglicans) are heatens and should repent before the Judgment Day. I'm sorry I can't be friend with them, but I can welcome them to the True Faith

There are strong theological differences as well, and that's not getting into all the changes that have happened since you split.

>but those churches think your not part of the Church of Christ and are heretics.
your ID says you are greenskin and you certainly have mental capacity of one
Never once I heard Copts or Assyrians or Orthobros attack us Roman Catholics
exactly the opposite, we support each other with prayers and stuff
Meanwhile, heretics called protestants make stuff like first lesbian bishop of sweden

Well then, go to the Roman Catholic Church and attend Roman Catholic mass
it is good stuff, literally

>burn the heretics
also feminists
they are modern equivalent of witches

*Tips behind you*
*Unshevves duel katanas'
Nuffin persosuezcanal

fuck he muslims get them out of ireland ya and sinn fen are fukin little fggots

can i reuse that? Quite descriptive.

>Never once I heard Copts or Assyrians or Orthobros attack us Roman Catholics
It happens all the time in these threads, let alone behind the doors of the Orthodox churches. You don't see it because there's almost no Orthodox where you live.

>Meanwhile, heretics called protestants make stuff like first lesbian bishop of sweden
Well, that's Lutheranism for you.

True, but it may focus us towards greater unity than Christianity Threads and the general hate between apostolic faiths and protestant faiths.

Maybe /apostolic/ may do better than /ecclesia/? We have posters here who are hating on Protestants with just the thought that they may be here.

>strong theological differences

Hardly. The most notable aren't even noticed by laypeople and still roughly compatible - such as the Catholic view of purgatory and the Orthodox view of reversible particular judgement.

Need to invoke the "preserve aboriginal peoples and their rich cultures" argument when opposing the Muslim colonization of European lands.

>It happens all the time in these threads
it looks like this threads are designed specifically for that purpose, to make Christians weaker and heretics stronger
why there is not Catholic General?
Wolfshiem, wtf are you doing you slacker? Make one so we could migrate out of here

see the first part of

make catholic one yep

I'm Orthodox. Catholics are schismatics, but not necessarily heretics. I like Catholics for the most part but their current pope is an insufferable cuck.

How do i find faith?

it would be better but there is no single Copt or Assyrian on Sup Forums. so why bother?
just make Roman Catholic and invite Orthobros as well

THEE WAS BUT THERE SWEDEN FAGS

>Pope is pro-Islam
>Orthodox leadership is based

This meme needs to end

>"You probably felt what remarkable, good relations have developed between the Orthodox people and Muslims in Russia. We are very glad that finally this big mosque has been built in the city of Moscow to become a place of prayer for many Muslims who live in Moscow and visit Moscow," Patriarch Kirill said.

interfax-religion.com/?act=news&div=12354

p.s follow these pentecostals & come home to Rome OP ncregister.com/daily-news/pentecostals-come-home-to-rome-eastern-rome-that-is

>The most notable aren't even noticed by laypeople and still roughly compatible - such as the Catholic view of purgatory and the Orthodox view of reversible particular judgement.
Don't forget Filioque for the Catholic and Orthodox Churches and Miasphytism for the Coptic churches.

>Maybe /apostolic/ may do better than /ecclesia/?
Wouldn't do anything. Protestants see themselves as apostolic as well. In fact you'd probably end up with even more arguing between the Coptics, Catholics and Orthodox over who truly is apostolic.

>why there is not Catholic General?
There is, quite frequently.

argh why so loud
pic related

Giants are real.
We have the bones of giants.
Medical research is done on these bones.

WHAT MORE PROOF DO YOU NEED OF THE TRUTH THAT IS THE KING JAMES BIBLE

MEME MAGIC IS REAL
I AM A MEME MAGICIAN
I REPENT OF MY SORCERIES
MAY GOD USE ME AND THIS POWER FOR GOOD

>People ignoring the trips

Ecclesiastes 10:10

The Benedict's Option is inherently flawed because it's an escape from the struggle rather than a regrouping of the faithful in order to organize proper resistance to the onslaught of the anti-christian forces which have taken root even in the leadership of all denominations.

True Christian unity can only come in the shape of coordinated efforts at organizing tight-knit communities rather than ill-designed and ill advise ecumenical efforts pandering to the increasingly unchristian liberal protestants, orthodox, and catholic demographics.

>their current pope is an insufferable cuck.
This is what one would call "a true statement"

It's a containment thread, when you collect them together they start fighting each other instead of annoying the more orthodox denominations

Baptist here o/

there shoul be way more stuff about pope francis but protestans and conspiracyists like mking up shit too half of it isnt real

why the hate for pentecostals?

>Baptist here
what the fuck is a baptist?

Made a Catholic general because, although I'm sure OPs intentions were noble, this seems to exactly how I imagined

>heretic
>No you are
>No you are

America needs another great awakening, its sad seeing liberals make being an Atheist sound cool and liberating.

No hate, but Pentecostalism says that only those who can speak in strange languages are true baptized in Holy Spirit.

Looks like they torn 1 Corinthians 12 from their Bibles.

>Don't forget Filioque for the Catholic and Orthodox Churches and Miasphytism for the Coptic churches.

You think any layperson around here can weigh the effects of the procession of the Trinity online here? The Catholics believe that the procession of the Holy Spirit is from the Father and through the Son anyway, which isn't incompatible with Orthodox whatsoever.
Also
>implying the church even disagrees with miaphysitism

It is compatible with dyophysitism.

>Wouldn't do anything. Protestants see themselves as apostolic as well. In fact you'd probably end up with even more arguing between the Coptics, Catholics and Orthodox over who truly is apostolic.

Possibly so. Protestants don't see themselves as apostolic in any sense akin to the actual apostolic faiths but you may be right on the rest. Catholics and Orthodox argue but not nearly to the extent Protestants give and receive.

A Christian denomination.

Does anyone think another Great Awakening in the US is possible?

/pol General Discord:
discord.gg/VQYaXwT

The world doesn't revolved around Catholicism user.

We already get plenty of Catholic generals. We need something for everyone else too.

How do you not know what a baptist is?

ITT I haven't seen any hate for Pentecostals so far.

never met or heard about before

Protestantism isn't a thing in Poland desu

Hey lads, Im OP from previous thread. Glad to see, that its on a track still
I found this. what do you think?

Protestant.
Known for:

>Denying the efficacy of all sacraments
>Believe that baptism can and should be only full immersion, but is symbolic anyway
>large supporters for religious freedom (Faith is a matter purely between God and man)

Baptist is the 2nd largest Christian denomination in America after Catholicism.

I didn't mention Islam and the Patriarch of Moscow isn't my bishop and is is not the leader of the Orthodox Church. If I were to become Roman Catholic, not only would I have to embrace an impoverished systematic theology, but abandon a beautiful and meaningful liturgical life for a bare bones mass that is a shallow reflection of what it used to be. I'll pass but thank you.

Salvation is not a theology quiz, however if you know the truth and refuse to go where it leads you out of pride you are not loving God. I don't condemn all protestants, but as a Catholic they are mostly ignorant, it doesn't mean that there aren't genuinely God loving protestants because there are and they are Christians who happen to be a bit lost. Christs first commandment is to love God and then others, to love God is to conform to the truth when it reveals itself to you.

>Denying the efficacy of all sacraments

What are you saying?

imagine this
few days before Easter, couple of people about 50yo intruded in my yard
> How can I help you?
>Hello good sir, would you join us this tuesday in celebrating the death of our lord Jesus Christ?
>...but he died on friday
>no no, we are zielonoswiatkowcy ( no idea what is english name for this heresy), blah blah blah

they are encroaching and it is bad

Don't forget their obsession over being KJV-only.

Protestantism here is pretty messy. Lutherans and Baptists keep splitting, some allow female ministers/gays/abortion, etc.

No sacrament provides grace and are purely symbolic.
Not to say that symbols can't be meaningful to people but thats how they see it.

Many protestants don't know any better, they need to be guided back to the roots of Christ.

Dude, I'm Baptist and I really don't know what you guys are talking about.

Maybe American Baptists are going in a separate way.