No more pennies?

>Here’s a penny for your thoughts: last fiscal year, it cost 1.50 cents for the U.S. Mint to produce and manufacture each penny. That loss costs taxpayers several billion dollars each year. A new bill in Congress would end the penny once and for all.

govtrackinsider.com/it-costs-1-5-cents-to-make-each-penny-the-coins-act-would-end-penny-production-2b8d0adb935b

On one hand, McCain's in on it so it can't be trusted, and everyone knows the globalists want us to move towards a cashless society anyways. On the other hand, fucking FUCK pennies, worst coin, 0/10.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7ys4YRX0kco
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>make an act about money
>oh shit we need a catchy name
>COINS act!
>what does coins stand for?

Feels like the PATRIOT act all over again

oy vey goy dont u hate pennies? give me all your pennies and just get this 666 microchip inplanted in ur skull, goyim.

fuck mccain

>sorry goy due to inflation your money isn't worth anything. Nothing we can do about it except stop printing money.
fuck this guy.

How about raising the value of the dollar so that pennies are worth more than shit

I get what you're saying but I just wish we would get rid of coins and only use bills/notes tbqh. coins just suck

>make pennies every other year
>or half as many pennies
>total cost is now halved
>still have plenty of pennies in circulation
problem solved.

I still wonder why we even use coins.

realistically, anything under a quarter should stop being made and phased out. Then we can round to the nearest $0.25

>That loss costs taxpayers several billion dollars each year

How much would taxpayers lose if the smallest denomination of coin was 5c instead?

>round to the nearest $0.25

How is that better than rounding to $0.01?

>Then we can round to the nearest $0.25
What a fucking kike.

So the guy who owns the store taylors all his prices so that he gets an extra 12 cents.

>I get what you're saying but I just wish we would get rid of coins and only use bills/notes tbqh. coins just suck
Are you saying they should make a $.01 note? I bet that would be even more expensive

This might sound retarded, but how would we pay for something thats .96 cents?
Or are theyre already more than enough pennies going around that we dont even need to make them anymore?

We did this is Leafistan. You can hardly tell the difference and they just round everything in stores to the closest five cents. The prices are identical though although I'm sure most places will change their prices to get the best of the rounding.

>though although

Make pennies a once every five years thing with a new design every time they fire up the mint. It would still save money and be kind of cool.

Pennies are pretty much meaningless in modern society, other than being annoying fractions people literally toss on the floor and don't give a shit if they lose.

Good riddance, round everything to the nearest nickel instead.

Amercians still use pennies?!?!?

This is a troll right?

because fuck coins smaller than pennies

The only people it hurts are plebs who use cash.

Not to be too much of a statist, but the cost of creating a fiat tool doesn't really need to be relative to its face value. Since it's traded more than once, it's utility as an instrument is far greater than the cost to produce it.

I'm all for getting rid of fiat currency, but lets use some common sense and call a spade a spade. It's fiat, of course it SHOULD cost more to produce than its initial face value. If it didn't, it would no longer be fiat.

McCain pulling the Neocohen line again

>Let's get rid of the pennies then business can round up all their prices 2-4%, every fractional reduction in pricing competition acts as a hidden tax.

That's why BTC will continue to get priced into multiple tenths, and you'll see that number grow like a Pi repeating string.

>when you can't get elected and push for your face on the penny so you throw a tantrum to have it removed

make smaller pennies

Also, if it costs more than face value to create a fiat currency, its a great discouragement to counterfeiting.

Good goy, who needs cash when you have banks and payment apps? Privacy and owning your money is so 2015.

Won't happen. If jews really control the market, they won't get rid of their calling card. They need precious shekels to sustain their mortality. - Alex Jones

Have the Jews got sick of losing them?

I pay via plastic and data nowadays anyway, wouldn't miss the penny.

As long as I get a fair trade-in value, I'm fine with it.

In Canada we recently got rid of the penny, anything that's 96-7 cents is actually 95 and 98-99 is 1 dollar

>Don't use cash goyim... use the credit card and pay interest.

>Only those who are (((credit worthy))) can buy things at a fair price.

>plebs
>use cash

Yeah, pick one fgt.

>Also, if it costs more than face value to create a fiat currency, its a great discouragement to counterfeiting.
But it can serve as an incentive to steal the alloy used to make the coins. Poland had to redesign its smallest coins because people would melt them down and sell the metal as scrap.

No more pennies? Bet the feminists are behind this.

Are pennies even used to buy shit anymore? I only get them as change, and never use them

The cost of minting them is absurd. How many times do you need to buy stuff as cheaper than 5cents? Just the time and resources wasted dealing with and exchanging them is more expensive than the coins themselves, were that time paid at minimal wage.
Here in europe we keep wasting money minting these things

The FED makes the penny so fuck em

I went to Spain over spring break.

Fucking hell let's follow their footsteps with money.

Include tax in the shelf price and no pennies. Everything either ends in a 5 or 0. Made shopping so much easier.

Scrap yes, but machining and finishing no.

Commuting in/to SF, paying with pennies to troll the state is a great feeling at the bay bridge.

Cashless economy is all the more reason to buy BTC and ETH. Thanks McCain, going to the moon now!

>romania

Pennies aren't the worst, user...

Round to the nearest 5th or 10th or 25th.

The waste of time and money on pennies more than makes up for being able to split a dollar a hundred ways.

That actually might increase their value.

This is a no brainer, pennies are literally a waste of money to mint.

UNLESS there is some other hidden language in this bill, that stupid (((Neo-Con))) faggot is actually on the right side for once

Even more worthless: 10th of a Shekel

When's the last time any of you pennyfags actually used one? I just have a big jar in my house where I throw change and take it in to coinstar once every couple years. Quarters are fine but all other change is retarded.

but, goy, what about marketing?

>OI VEY FOR THE LOW COST OF $ 99.99 YOU TOO CAN BE A Sup Forums SUPERSTAR!

>rubs hands as goys have to pay $.01 more.

Even us Mexicans see pennies as junk

Then offer it for $99.95 you mong. Its still appealing to consumers

no thank you. it doesn't have the same branding as 99.99, 9.99 or .99

This is actually to save the millions of men-hours wasted by Jews picking them up

>last fiscal year, it cost 1.50 cents for the U.S. Mint to produce and manufacture each penny.
And how much does it cost to make a dime?

What?
WHAAAAT?
kike

>saying it like it is a bad thing
youtube.com/watch?v=7ys4YRX0kco

I am inherently against anything McCain is for these days, especially his continued tenure in the Senate

Wait a second, it costs 1.5 cents to make a penny
But it only takes 8 cents to make a hundred dollar bill.
Why doesn't the government just print trillions of hundred dollar bills?

>Have not used the penny in over 5 years
>Prices get rounded to the nearest nickel (Lower - 1,2 upper - 3, 4)
>Canada is in a state of emergency cucking

You'll be fine. Sure.

Dat leaf...

Might be hard for you to understand but store owners can already charge what they like.

Also, if you're paying with credit or debit card in leafistan you still pay the pennie. Just not if you're using cash.

actually, it's more like 2.5 times the value.

You should apply for a job at the Fed, you'd fit right in.

I bet this is a distraction to pass a more insidious law from the backdoor. That's how jew-laws pass usually, they present it with a nice and just wrap and on that small print is written the true purpose of the bill

Branding? It's literally a jewish mental trick to get people thinking they're buying a good at a dollar and something instead of two dollars

just make the penny worth two cents

NO
I haven't collected them all yet!

Just change the penny to cheaper metal.

Just saying, if you care about how much the money costs to make, just make more 100$ bills.

Good move to force people to use the plastic jew.

McCain wants it so he can give the savings to ISIS.

That said, it probably makes sense.

Did you know in many European countries items have the tax added before hand, and the item is always rounded so you don't need 1 cent coins?

If you see an item and it says $3, it is actually $3. You pay $3.

Topkek who made this, is it based on anything he said?

When I was a little kid we had "halíře", basically something like cents, but with much lees value of course, well we got rid of it and now if your groceries cost 125,40 CZK we just round it down to 125 CZK and >0,50 gets rounded up.

So everyone gets to mark up their prices. Nice.

Don't you think $0.01 bills would be an even bigger hassle?

>coinstar

>literally paying 8c per dollar to convert coins to notes

You mug

>Currency Optimization, Innovation, and National Savings (COINS) Act
you fucking retards

Does a $100 bill cost $100 to make?

Pennies and nickels need to be discontinued

USA is only developed country I know of where you don't include sales tax on the listed price of things.

According to wikipedia there were 8.9 billion pennies minted in 2015. According to my math that's about $130 million. Where are they getting "several billion dollars each year" from? Is my math that shitty or are they leaving information out?

Honestly can't recall the last time I used a penny in over 20 years. I have a change tin and my kids empty it every few weeks to play shop or put in the offering at church.

I don't see the harm in dropping the penny and when paying in cash and rounding to the next 5c mark. For credit just keep it as is.

Why no buy cheap china pennis america?

Our sales taxes vary wildly depending on the city.

pennies and nickels need to go desu
wholly support

south dakotafag here, we have tons of these in tourist shops all over the state, and I always wondered how they were legal since they're defacing currency?

fuck.

i'm so poor, i carry pennies so i don't have to break quarters.

Checked

Because Defacing Currency isn't illegal. Defacing currency for the purpose of defrauding the government is. For example Washing a 1 dollar bill and reprinting it as a 20 dollar bill.