>drag my people into WW2
>be Franklin Delano Roosevelt
>pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hull_note
twitter.com/AnonBabble

old copypasta faggot, everyone's seen this already

>>drag my people into WW2

Attacked at pearl harbor and germany declared war first.

I approve of this

Germany had to. It was in accordance with the alliance they had with Japan.

top kek

>he doesnt know about the oil embargo

30% of this board is really new like as in 2 years.
I honestly don't think its bad to report old shit if it means newfags will see it.

You embargoed Japan in the middle of their war lmao. USA was the aggressor.

america dragged japan into the war. your nation knew very well what they were doing when they started the oil embargo

This we asked for it and when we were kill it was just

FDR put an oil embargo in place against Japan and told Japan that if they invaded the Dutch East Indies to secure oil for their war effort in China, that the US would take military action against Japan. Japan decided to attack the US directly at the same time they went into the Dutch East Indies as a result.

It's similar to Hitler's preemptive strike against Russia when it was clear Russia was preparing to sweep across Europe.

Roosevelt dragged us into the war by cutting off the economy of Japan, with the help of Britain and France. In order to entice the American people into war, because the public did not want to go to war and wanted to fix itself. Roosevelt was a the worse president in American history and is responsible for Japanese American concentration Camps and German Concentration Camps.

>you won't sell me a weapon? I have to attack you, it's your fault

niggers of yurope

This

Wow, refusing to give oil to a rapidly expanding military power is pure aggression...really maeks u tink. Guess we should have let them establish their empire and then attack us at their strongest.

>It's similar to Hitler's preemptive strike against Russia when it was clear Russia was preparing to sweep across Europe.

No credible historian believes this.

I didn't know about the oil embargo.

Fascinating to read the details of WW2 that were left out of my high school textbooks.

Learn something new every day.

>he doesn't know about FDR's naval war against Germany

The oil embargo itself wasn't the problem. Japan was attacking a US ally of the time, China, and the US was fully in their right to refuse to sell oil to Japan. The problem was telling Japan they couldn't invade the Dutch East Indies, land which was not part of the United States, to secure oil.

It's almost as if they don't want you to know how great Hitler was because his ideology poses a threat to (((them)))

Rofl no Germany didnt holy fuck are naziboos uneducated. Germany declared war on the USA so they could start sinking all merchant vessels sending materials to the UK which were previously neutral.

Repost.

OP is just stealing upvotes so he can get a better price when he sells his Sup Forums account to advertisers.

All the faggots here need to read "Why the Allies won" by Richard Overy, it goes over a nice detailed analysis on Propaganda War, the Battle for the Atlantic between German U-boats and Allied shipping, the arms race in radar, the effects of bombing, and of course, the Oil Embargo that ends with Japan striking Pearl Harbor in an attempt to cripple America's carriers and battleships in one strike (which by sheer blind luck were put out to sea earlier. which is why the attack failed).

Really shows you that there's more in war than just body count and production numbers

LMAO all these neckbeard naziboos pretending USA was dragged into the war. Japan surprise attacked the US and Germany was NOT required to declare war on the USA. Hitler declared war so he could begin a campaign of sinking merchant vessels supplying the U.K and strangle them.

The USA was absolutely dragged into the war by the Axis powers you fucking virgins

This.

>when you make an inane analogy

>kidnap citizens based on their ethnicity

I was thinking how Genghis Khan today is viewed as "just another leader" who yea is brutal but no one looks at you weird if you were to say you admire Genghis Khan or thought he was a good leader.

This is the legacy of Hitler in time it appears.

Fuck me, I forgot to read last half. Excuse my overreaction.

Literally took 3 seconds to google for a double-check.
Who's uneducated now you fucking retard?

>No credible historian believes this.
Even if you don't believe so, Hitler believed so. There is audio record which proves Hitler was concerned the USSR would invade Romania and take control of the oil wells.

The oil wells and refineries in Ploiești were especially important to the German war effort; important enough to be the first target of the oil campaign by the US and UK air forces.

japan offered america to withdraw their troops from china and asked america to stop the oil embargo, yet america refused to do it while knowing that japan had plans to attack south east asia. that clearly prooves that america wanted to crush japans economy and drag japan into a war
read more
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hull_note

>you have to sell oil to a military power that has attacked russia, korea, and japan unprovoked

Really activated my almonds

>On November 20, 1941, Nomura presented Proposal B, which offered to withdraw Japanese forces from southern Indochina if the United States agreed to end aid to the Nationalists Chinese, freeze military deployments in Southeast Asia (except for Japan's reinforcement of northern Indochina), provide Japan with "a required quantity of oil," and assist Japan in acquiring materials from the Dutch East Indies.The United States was about to make a counteroffer to this plan, which included a monthly supply of fuel for civilian use. However, President Franklin D. Roosevelt received a leak of Japan's war plan and news that Japanese troopships were on their way to Indochina. He then decided that the Japanese were not being sincere in their negotiations and instructed Secretary Hull to drop the counterproposal.

>By November 26, top American officials at the White House, State, Navy and War departments knew that Japan was moving invasion forces toward Thailand. They also knew that the Japanese foreign ministry had put an absolute deadline on negotiations of November 29 because "after that things are automatically going to happen." The Americans were convinced that war would start in a matter of days, probably with a surprise Japanese attack. No one knew where the
strike would be.

You learned that in (((history class))) right? ;)

No man you got it all wrong. As (((credible historians))) have found out, Hitler was a retarded madman with weird fetishes and the USSR would never invade any country.

>WW2 could have been avoided if that nigga Roosevelt had just swallowed his pride and texted that nigga Hirohito back

yes, japan mobilized its military in case the negotiations with america failed. so what exactly is your point here? japan wouldnt have continued their indochina offensive and neither would they have attacked south east asia if america accepted proposal A or B