Raptors

American fighter jet lands at INIA in the Maldives, pilot in need of some medical attention. Thought you guys ought to know, Headed to the korean peninsula i presume?

guess he pooped on the seat

dont know much about the situation youre talking about but can we agree the raptor is a beautiful plane

took this at joint base langley-eustis

>mfw Sup Forums is now a multi national news agency with reporters all around the world feeding us info from places we forgot existed.
Congrats Sup Forums you have officially become better than all of the msm news.

So i fighter planes land here does it mean we are part of the allied forces? Like how we were during ww2 the south of our country was used as a base by the British

Korean missile inbound. Looks like you wont have to worry about the sea level anymore.

It is damn sexy. I see them flying all the time living in Hampton. When one crosses my path coming in for a landing it always makes me happy.

>Maldives
Huh, had no idea you guys existed. Any pics of the 22?

And no, I dont think it was heading to Korea, too far outside of its operational range, unless of course it was part of some carrier group.

Haven't we always been like this?

Dont think the raptor is carrier capable

airport on lockdown for some odd reason, will try to get pics on here as soon as i can

oh i see im not familiar with my planes but definitely US according to all local news here, will confirm and let you guys know, its night time here btw and airport on lockdown

Maybe the pilot is defecting to the Maldives and you now have your very own 5th gen fighter to kick India's ass, avenge your banished ancestors and retake Kerala!

>for some odd reason
the americans don't like their fighter planes being in foreign civilian airports without protection, mr irrelevant.

raptor isn't carrier capable

there were proposals to build a F-22N when the F-22 was being designed, they fell through because of congress

It's not.

If the news is true, there are quite a few places in the region that has seen F-22 training ops/join exercises.

>pilot in need of some medical attention
It's the oxygen feed
They've never been able to get it to work right

This. They have been having issues with the oxygen feeds in f-22s. It's almost certainly this. Sorry guys, no happening. Airport closing is odd though.

Nah they're testing the million dollar helmet. It takes sometime getting used to.

I'm sure this too, but idk how that would cause medical issues. I doubt the helmet disoriented him that much lad, as epic as the helmet may be.

does the f-22 not have a passive oxygen feed system? you would think he would just be able to descend to 3,000 feet and return to a friendly base instead of grounding himself at a civilian airport.

"You cannot just take a human being and fit him with all this array of sensors; you first need to 'tweak' the human somehow to better exploit the capabilities of this technology. In a sense, the pilot ceases to be a human, much as the aircraft ceases to be an aircraft."

That's a quote from some obscure tech blog. So I believe these pilots are probably going through hell.

What's a INIA?

Isn't it a brand of dolphins?

The F-22's oxygen feed recycles air from the engine through a chemical process and pumps it up to the mask.

It has been known to poison pilots, cause oxygen deprivation, and gives almost all Raptor pilots a cough that won't go away.

They grounded the whole fleet over it a couple years back, failed to fix it, and sent the planes back up anyway. Chances are this pilot noticed the oxygen deprivation starting to affect him and put the plane down on the nearest friendly strip to avoid passing out in the air.

>The F-22's oxygen feed recycles air from the engine through a chemical process and pumps it up to the mask.
i know how the oxygen feed system works, i'm asking if the F-22 has a backup system that just takes in air from the exterior and pumps it directly to the pilot in case of an emergency.

it was resolved several years ago. Unlike other aircraft that carry a finite LOX (liquid oxygen) supply, the F-22 has an "On Board Oxygen Generating System" (OBOGS). Previously if OBOGS malfunctioned intermittently, the pilot could not detect if it was imperceptably generating insufficient oxygen, and thereby cause the pilot to develop a slow onset of hypoxia that could lead to blackout before anything could be remedied. The solution was to issue a retrofit contract to add finite LOX units configured with an oxygen sensor to automatically dispense oxygen if it detects OBOGS is not providing enough. The retrofit contract was done two years ago and there's been no hypoxia incidents for over two years.

Another happy landing

I haven't read of one. Sorry for misunderstanding your question.

Well that's a step in the right direction. Wonder what caused this guy to put down then.
Maybe the generator fucked up badly and he had to get on the ground before his bottles ran out.

Hitler says yes.

maybe he just had to take a shit. can you imagine getting the urge mid flight?
>oy vey I've got another 2000 miles to fly and I've gotta drop a dookie!

>can we agree the raptor is a beautiful plane
Yep.

Here's another sexy aircraft for you.

I would presume they wear adult diapers like astronauts do.
Just poop in pants, then immediately go back to being invisible, missile-shitting death machine.

>sending an air superiority fighter to Korea
But why? The Norks have fucking cold war era fighters or worst.

where have you been? we always hear about shit first. a more recent example being Sup Forums hearing about the uprising in Turkey like 6 hours before media started reporting on it.

proof we've wasted billions on (((capitalist))) companies that don't care about american safety so much as their shekels

No, you spent billions of dollars to get the absolute top-tier bleeding edge air-superiority platform, in order to maintain the global military dominance that allows your economy to exist.

America is only as prosperous as it is because it carries the biggest stick.

Because although it's more expensive, it's inferior to the strike eagle

who cares, but thanks for the
R A R E
A
R
E

>F-35
>sexy

Pick one, single engine jets are for plebs also the tail fins don't look nearly as cool

I don't give a damn about the way the tail fins look, because honestly who cares about appearances in military equipment.

I will agree with you on the engine though.
Two engines much better than one.

THANKS FOR THE
R
A
R
E

We knew which plane he was on hours before the media even knew he was still alive. Some user found him because his plane was the only one not getting the fuck out of the airspace.

They fixed that shit years ago.

imagine how comfy it would be to fly a fighter jet, its always been my dream

They wear diapers on long flights, my dude.

nothing new. Pol is one of the fastest news sites. The reason why so many traders, news and intelligence agencys monitor this place.

>F35 gets 1.5 trillion dollars for development from US and NATO
>Still somehow ends up being the worst plane ever created
>F35C is the best variation and still gets out-performed by F15 and F18
yack

It's an achievable dream friendo. God bless capitalism.

>Here's another sexy aircraft for you.
Nee plaszak, die vliegende Fyra is 10x niks.

As much as I hate the Swedes for what they are doing now, I still think pic related would have been the better plane for us.

>it was part of some carrier group.

Jesus Christ. Raptor cannot into CATOBAR. You really make us Americans look bad.

N I B O R
I
B
O
R

I like your flags

this looks like an overweight 40yrold mom

Is this a protype. Or the navys version.
The wings and tail fins are staight not rounded like op pic

It' might have a lot to do with the fact it's not the same aircraft as OPs.

>F35C is the best variation and still gets out-performed by F15 and F18
This guy gets it.

>You really make us Americans look bad.
user, I....

I still would have liked for us to have gotten a few of pic related of the shelf, and equip them with Western Avionics. I know, I know, muh geopolitical.
But still....

>Is this a protype.
>Or the navys version.
Pick one desu.
And it still looks like shit. Remember what Lockheed Martin "Skunk works" said. If it looks good, it flies good. And they made that beatful sled thing what eventually turned into the SR-71.

1.5 is the program cost up through 2040 you sensationalist fuck.
>comparing Air Force F-15 to Navy F-35C
why
>outperformed by F18
You wanna explain with a source other than your asshole?

*Sigh* I'll take your bait desu.
>>comparing Air Force F-15 to Navy F-35C
It's not that unreasonable, considering the new multirole tasks they envisage in the future.
>bestfighter4canada.blogspot.nl/2014/05/why-boeing-should-offer-up-f-15se-to.html

If you bother to get YOUR ass out of yur ass, you might see there is plenty of bad press on the F-35. Britain is having cold feet. Australia downright cancelled all orders for the F-35B, Israel hates the fucking thing, and Canada is wondering if upgrading the CF-18 fleet for Superhornets is a better option. The only reason my country still dickrides you hard for this place is because of our (((honest))) politicians.

But since you're probably to lazy to do the legwork, here is the first thing that popped up:
>ctvnews.ca/canada/f-35-might-not-meet-performance-standards-of-cf-18s-u-s-think-tank-1.2512495

inb4 "muh dogfight is obsolete in this day and age">>they said the same of the machine gun on the F-4 Phantom in 'Nam. Remember how well that prediction outcome went?

I have more to throw at you but will stop here. You're welcome.

I didnt k ow you worked for Lockheed Martin.