Redpill me on GMO Sup Forums

Redpill me on GMO Sup Forums.

>Put gmo's in food.
>Eat food, absorb nutrients and gmos
>Wonder why you have cancer

thats how this works. lol. If you don't eat GMO's you dont eat food. Lemons didn't look like they do now 100 years ago, and the Vitamin C content has probably tripled.

GMO is to broad of an term, every food you eat is technicaly a GMO because it was breed and thous geneticaly modified.

>Take genes from other living things
>Put them into plants to get desired traits
>modified crop is born and fulfills its role.
>Don't test them enough because that takes time and money.
>People realize they aren't testing them enough to see if there are long term effects to consuming them
>Start claiming they're in inherently bad.
>doesn't help that most GMO's are owned by Monsanto, considered one of the most evil, amoral corporations to ever grace western civilization.

That's basically it.

GMO is what gives foods the amount of value they currently have. Apples and tomatoes and corn especially, all had significantly less flesh and exocarp in the case of apples, and whatever the fuck the insides of tomatoes and corn are called I don't know. less kernels on corn I guess.

point is, GMO isn't just people sticking fucking needles into the fruits and veggies, they experiment on them to increase yields from seeds, help sustain crops and stave off predators, and more.

You should be more worried about pesticides because those are what cause cancer, not GMOs.

nothing you've been able to eat/plant in the last 30 or 40 years has been free of GMOs. Anyone claiming their shit is free of GMOs is simply saying they didn't add any GMOs to the seeds that they planted.

also back in the day they considered selective breeding of plant life "genetic modification", don't be fucking stupid, the definition of things change.

>monsanto

good one m8e

Should be a wonderful technology that increases the nutrition of our food. Instead American companies will only use it to increase the shelf life.

Fuck America.

Incorrect. GMO is exclusively altering the genes of plants by splicing in foriegn genes that the plant would not have through selective crossing.

Technically speaking there is nothing to say that normal agriculture would lead to unhealthy plants. Short Wheat is a good example because it was derived through the traditional methods but has such a high gluten content compared to past wheat it may be responsible for celiac disease.

cultivate and selectively breed all our crops for thousands of years, ultimately changing their DNA. YUP THATS FINE.

create GMO food by again changing their DNA. GOVERNMENT IS GIVING ME CANCER.

I think the future of agriculture is vertical farming

indoor hydroponics and airoponics or whatever gets you more yields and without the need for pesticides

we need to stop growing most of our shit in the californian desert, it's a waste of water and it's a waste of land

To be fair, it is the American government. They have a record.

no its not GMO stands for geneticly modified organism, selective breeding alters the genetics of a plant thous making it a geneticaly modified organism. youre thinking of gene splicing or genetical engenering

I agree entirely, but subsidies on things like the massive corn fields out there mean that we're probably never going to see that, at least certainly not in our lifetimes. At best we'll see smaller farms that probably try to capitalize on this "NO GMO!!!!11!!!1!1!" nonsense.

Humans have been genetically engineering food since we figured out how to farm. Only reason people care now is liberal propaganda.

>would lead
Wouldn't

Good what?
>Honey Bees start randomly dying for unexplained reasons
>Monsanto starts to produce mechanical bee drones
>Starts behaving like they might be responsible for the bee extinction
>"We the Bee Now"

It's a terrible company.

Less dangerous than antibiotics and multivitamins.

Water is a completely renewable resource. The only question is if it's energy efficient since the water has to be procured from somewhere.

WE WUZ BAYER now

Selective breeding isn't genetic modification.

Think about it this way, do you think the elite eat GMO's?

>changing a plants genetics
>not genetic modification

are you retarted?

california is actually running out of clean water

our wells and underground reservoirs and shit are running dry and aren't refilling like they used to

it's gonna be a huge problem in the future unless someone comes around and builds a shitload of saltwater purification plants or some shit

Golly gee, the kraut company that tried to monopolize aspirin bought out an evil company, I'm sure they're change their behavior soon.

Jews are behind GMOs.
GMOs were invented by (((Stanley Norman Cohen))) and (((Paul Berg))).
Don't eat the food jew

You are pursuing the EU method of solving it. Wait until there is a crises that can't be ignored and then force everyone to the table and assign costs.

Building desalination plants is easy. Deciding who pays for them is hard.

hey fuck you dude, they invented aspirin so they should be abled to monopolize it, accept or get nuked for breaking the NAP

Virtually everything we eat is in some way genetically modified. It's not a big deal. I know multiple agronomists and biologists and all of them say the same thing. IMHO the main threat to watch out for is what could happen if the modified species go out into the wild. Also there's the economic and social effects of patenting and copyrighting living things.

it's not the gmo itself that causes cancer, it is the glyphosate

They are useful but require proper regulation and control.
Due to have been under push against GMO by american lobbyists GMO now surrounded by bunch of retarded myths and misinformation.
GMOs are banned here by the way.

>fags pump foriegn hormones into thier bodies to modify themselves
>won't eat modified food

Is it possible to wash off pesticides? Are they usually oil based or water based? I heard potatoes absorb a ton of it. I want to protect my white family..

>Water is a completely renewable resource.
Dude what the fuck are they teaching you?
Water is a nonrenewable resource.
It takes too long for the Earth to filter it into clean drinking water, we use it at a rate that is faster than factories can produce.
Those factories are industrial centers and use nonrenewable resources.
Pollution is slowly making clean drinking water so tainted we won't even be able to drink what is there.

The only renewable resource is sunlight.
Even wind patterns change, meaning the resources to create the wind turbines were wasted (those pieces were made in industrial centers with non renewable resources).

Green energy is meme as fuck.

>Cum inside a girl
>Guy's look I'm genetically modifying something

No user, selective breeding has never been considered genetic modification. Every agriculturally derived "freak" such as the dozens of plants derived from mustard (Broccoli, cauliflower, horseradish, ect.) isn't considered a GMO just because we derived a freak from a wild plant through selective breeding over the course of thousands of years.

To get a GMO you must literally go into the genes and splice new things into its genetic make up.

Most GMO's literally contain genes from bacteria that allow it to resist certain herbicides or produce pesticidal toxins. Bigger, juicer fruits can be done through selective breeding, being immune to a powerful herbicide really can't.

You and the american's entire argument is like some shitty "well teck-nu-cally" autism you think is the ultimate dismissal of any argument against GMOs. You're wrong, GMO is involves genetic manipulation in a lab, not rubbing pollen between two plants.

>wash off pesticides

Funny, you can always grow your own food, of you know, buy organic :^)

: ( I'm poor and a city dweller

Lol. Water falls out of the sky and it's clean. Maybe you shouldn't be importing Mexicans by the millions if you have no water left.

>organic

good one user
because that lable means anything

>grow your own food
with what GMO free, untouched seeds?

I tried heirloom seeds but it took forever to grow anything, what took 3 months to grow i ate in a day

We can't directly modify the DNA of anything but bacteria cells. To modify bacteria, we usually stress some DNA by either heat shocking it (freeze it in liquid nitrogen for 20 seconds then thaw it out in how water for 10 seconds 2-3 times) or electroporation (run electricity through it).

We usually genetically modify organisms by using a bacteria called Agrobacterium tumefaciens, a bacteria that can inject its DNA into plant cells. It cannot infect animal cells. If we ever find a sequence of genes that seem really cool, then we can take those genes and inject them into the bacteria, which we can then inject into the plant.

The Science of GMO's is fine. The Business of GMO's is all screwed up.

>Water is a nonrenewable resource.

California was a mistake.

Not if the air is polluted. then you get acid rain.

The problem is that novel proteins produce an immune response. There are lots of methods of modifying the DNA of multicellular organisms that work to some extent.

You can just shoot DNA coated gold particles into people's arms and their cells will take it up lol.

>Lol. Water falls out of the sky and it's clean. Maybe you shouldn't be importing Mexicans by the millions if you have no water left.
>implying this is just an American problem.
Dude we have more freshwater than you do.
The problem is we have too many people and too many people wasting water.
Don't act like this isn't common sense.
It's a serious issue that should be important to every human, as it's the most relevant problem that will cause conflict amongst humans.
Since water just "falls" from the sky, what do you recommend for people who live in low rainfall areas?
They rely on underground caverns for water, which is where the issue lays.
This means that areas with rainfall will become the highest density areas to live. Meaning whoever controls the land, controls everything.
If you don't live there you wouldn't get any water, you'd fucking die.

Also what's your rebut for carcinogenic chemicals that can fall with rain?

So add some base to it. Stop being such a green fag. Water is LITERALLY the most renewable resource.

I recommend that American's hurry up and have their civil war. Don't hold back on the nuclear weapons.

You should have positioned yourself so that the prevailing winds bring clean rain from the Atlantic like we were smart enough to do. Living near Americans was your mistake.

more like jewMO

More realistic,
why don't we just kill everyone in Africa and China and create mega facilities that process salt water into fresh water via a 100 step filtration process that uses no nonrenewable resources.
The world population drop also would guarentee us another few hundred years to figure out the water issue.

In the meantime, shit holes like California that are fucking deserts should have their water cut off. As it's a fucking god damn desert. You should not be watering your lawn at all.

We also need to have water cut offs and teach people how to reuse the water they do have.
For instance baking soda can make water reusable quite a few times.

>all these plebs with no idea

There is a difference between forced natural selective breeding and modifying DNA of a seed in a lab.

>clean rain
>clean
>rain

I just asked what your rebut was for carcinogens that have been proven to fall in rain water.
Also, that won't save you buddy.
Eventually your population will be so much you'd eventually run out of clean water also.

It's a world problem.
Murica has enough clean water to still last a hundred or so years at our current population.
Most European countries have far less time.
You have nowhere near the amount of water we do underground.

>will be able to feed the world's continually-increasing population
>can be cultivated in inhospitable environments as climate change makes farming more difficult
The only issue I can see is the fact that the seeds need to be bought every season, but it wouldn't be economically viable to make the seeds if this wasn't thr case. There's also thr issue of monoculture disease vulnerabilities that really needs to be addressed, but I don't see it as a reason to throw out an otherwise-good food solution.

We could sell you our excess water. It rains pretty much every day here.

I basically dont trust anything artificial. No GMOs or Artificial sweeteners for me. Or my kids. I prefer the poison I know, over the poison I dont. The long term effects cant really be trusted.

O shit, give insider info plz

>>absorb gmos
come on now

There really isn't much difference. You eat DNA in every single meal and you are literally bathed in viruses morning noon and night. Viruses that exist only to put DNA into another organism in the hopes they will reproduce and spread.

Betas that got cheated or women dont want

They are like feminists

I know not a word I say will be trusted as a genetijewicist, but I oversee crop research projects at a certain division of a certain large corporation. Everyone takes their job seriously and testing is painfully rigorous, particularly to me, since I have to study every fucking project from the ground up before I can sign off and someone further downstream studies that data for another 3 months.

It's not the obvious companies you should be worried about, it's the fucking Chinese.
>Get my degree
>Try to get a job helping people, directly improving the world
>No one wants to hire a graduate for delicate medical applications, making a small wage
>Instead hired by a Chinese mega-lab
>Kept in a compound for 7 months
>Doors to our dorms literally lock us in or out during most of the day and night
>All communications are on delay and almost certainly monitored
>Constantly see what I'm guessing are fucking PLA in cheap suits visiting my manager
>Paid and promptly told to get the fuck out of the country
>Later see elements of our research pop up in pitch magazines with no where near enough time for any kind of trials
>Our work goes to market for global distribution without any kind of revision, extended testing or oversight

>eat food and eat gmos

>food and gmo is different

>i don't know what gmo stands for and i'm going to talk out of my ass and make myself look like a fucking retard

more genetically modified the better I always say, we are humans, we need to evolve or die

same goes for our food

The difference is nature is still in control of selective breeding ultimately and humans are in control of GMO in a lab. selective breeding is a natural process, humans just force this process by bringing plants together and selecting varieties with preferred characteristics, it's still for all intents and purposes, a natural process that could happen without humans, we just speed up the process. whereas GMO in a lab has been altered by humans and we don't fully know the implications of doing this, altering one part of a plant artificially without nature being involved could cause a series of unknown knock-on effects which can lead to an unhealthy plant and we consume this causing problems for us.

Well this guy has the right idea
Seems like is a good source

Luckily for you GMOs are illegal in Europe

>american intellectuals

>Natural
>Nature
>suggesting it's in "control" like there is some sort of benevolent guiding force and it's not just a runaway chemical process

Your a faggot.

dude, calm your fedora.

>Make crops ultra resistant to Glyphosate (roundup)
>Grow lots more crops by soaking field in Roundup
>Claim Roundup is harmless to humans by making sure you pay for all the studies on it (Monsanto)
>Ignore raising cancer rates and laugh at people who suggest GMO's are bad.

>Half the world is starving, but fuck that, let's take our time growing all-natural carrots

You sound like a normie retard with a vagina. You realise that?

>Seeds you buy at stores are GMO
Monsanto made sure that they owned exclusive rights to their patented GMOs, No seed you buy is GMO.

Bacteria genes are simple and plants are very hardy in terms of being able to survive with a fucked up genome. A doubling of the chromosomes in plants does jack shit, unlike animals. It has something to do with developmental stages.

We have genetically modified animals though, the jellyfish genes into mammals for example

You sound like someone who waits for someone to mention anything that you can remotely relate to religion or the lack of, just so you can pick arguments with people. AKA you're a cunt. eat your potatoes and choke you clampit.

>Muh nature
>Muh natural order
>guiding nurturing bla bla bla
I hope you arnt white you fucking embarrassment.

Hopefully, humans will soon be GMOs.

stop posting

People like you shouldn't be allowed vote because you hold opinions on things you no nothing about. Fuck off any time.

people here are intentionally derisive.

You should't be allowed to breed, gyppo scum.

It's not there for your benefit.

That's all you need to know.

Since I pointed out you are a total retard and you so clearly need it to repair your damaged ego, you can have the last word.

Go back to school kiddo.

GMO is not there for chemical companies to sell their poison.

That is all.

People have been treating illness with
acetylsalicylic acid for thousands of years hans

Fuck me Monsanto, please fuck me.

They will if the wind blows one of their seeds into your field.

>modified to take heavy herbicide spray that we swear isn't bad for people and won't cause herbicide resistant superweeds and pesticide resistant insects. It definitely has nothing to die with bees dying off, and no big deal if they do.

That's what makes this uniquely Jewish

yeah, intellectual property.

It's like lets cut down the rain forest, because god forbid they find plants there that cure diseases.

I love getting fucked by these people.

Please pollute my air and water more.

I already don't spend enough on food, rent, and taxes...

I Kno the plan

Kill all the bees
Forced to buy like food because you can't grow your own anymore

So long as you don't screw up the cycle, or contaminate it, or have higher usage without modifying systems to support it. Can pull water outta the air, or ocean, some technical issues, but being worked on.

If you trust corporations/government to not do things that they can profit from without considering the consequences on regular people, then you're a fucking idiot.

I though growing your own food, and collecting rain water was already illegal in the US.

Why would you put glyphosate on your crops? Wouldn't it just kill them along with any weeds?

>In the meantime, shit holes like California that are fucking deserts should have their water cut off.
REEEEE DUBAI

That's why they genetically modify crops to be resistant to it.

>There really isn't much difference. You eat DNA in every single meal and you are literally bathed in viruses morning noon and night
Yeah, ain't much difference between catching a cold and being injected with military grade ebola virus.