Redpill me on Holy relics, user. Aren't they idolatry?

Redpill me on Holy relics, user. Aren't they idolatry?

WE WARHAMMER

>mythology
>2017

Yes.

yes and not encouraged by the Church.

>Teh Holy Grail

shieeeet

In Orthodox church they are very common. There are always huge queues for visiting well-known relics.

Is it a thing in US?

nyet

DAS RITE

Davian Thule, is that you?

Observe brothers, observe... How Space Marines choose to die and how little choice they have in the matter!

what's major toms head doing in a church?

>"This communion which the saints have with Christ, does not make them in any wise partakers of the substance of His Godhead; or to be equal with Christ in any respect: either of which to affirm is impious and blasphemous. Nor does their communion one with another, as saints, take away, or infringe the title or propriety which each man has in his goods and possessions."

Heresy according to the Westminster Confession of Faith.

Worship of icons and symbols is a sin. Not a mortal sin, but a sin nonetheless as it detracts from the actual worship of God. Relics are unholy icons made from what was holy.

No. South America has some stuff.

In Orthodox monasteries they stack engraved skulls of the monks like those in the photo to the sky. They don't worship them they serve as gravestones for the long dead.

are those holes for titties?

It doesn't get more Warhammer than that I think

I guess kind of but you have to admit that class 1 relics are kind of cool. Reminds me of Bloodborne, Dark Souls, etc in game relics. Many especially class 1/2 sell for insane amounts of money and supposedly possess abilities. Class 3 lower general weak as shit just 'token' relics

>tfw no holy lance
I just want to subjugate the earth фaм

>rob graves and desecrate the dead
>no it's cool guys, we're "venerating"!

wew lad

WE WUZ TOMB KANGZ

It's an idol if you displace your worship of the Lord onto it but on the other hand the imagery of relics can be powerful enough to do things like win wars, stabilize states, strengthen power structures or dethrone kings. I don't think simply using imagery is idolatry.