Are (((they))) trying to destroy architecture too?

I was just thinking about the uniqueness of each civilizations architecture and how it differs from each other. Yet all modern buildings now seem to all be made of nothing but glass and it looks so bland and boring compared to traditional architecture.

Is this a way for (((them))) to separate us from our culture and customs?

Other urls found in this thread:

skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1022349
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauhaus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

who designed those slabs of shit buildings in London during the 1960's?

It would be fucking expensive to build a renaissance style skyscraper and it would probably collapse immediately.

efficiency just happens to prosper because it's, wow, more efficient!

You fucker I was about to go to the bed, now I have to post 100+ photos from my folder.

What is on the outside of a building does not matter for it's stability.

Yes of course.

Compare any church with any temple. Some churches are weird or modest, but often they represent an attempt at glorifying creation through art.

Most temples are ugly, brutish, oppressive things.

I like this a lot, I hate abstractionist architecture like that

Look at the craftsmanship and elegance of the Wrigley building next to this (((modern))) abomination in Chicago

Chicago's neoclassicism is GOAT

Are you that petrified of jews that you see Zionism is modern fucking architecture? Honestly, gas yourself like a badger you spineless cunt.

heh that's neat.

Whatever book this is should be lying around in elementary school classrooms. Children would be able to comprehend this and be inspired.

Check RIo de Janerio before and after
Check (((NIEMEYER)))

Pretty sad that the nazis lost ( of course, but i mean in terms of architecture )
i would have love to seen Welthauptstadt Germania

>Can't prove me wrong so he says I should die.

kys.

It is not a book (yet?), Architectural Revival on fb for now, but we should bully him into printing a book.

how deluded are you
architecture is a pilar of civilization

Fascist architecture is modern architecture

No (((globalism))) to be seen here, you are right.

yea no shit sherlock

(((commies))) didn't replace churches with that wherever they could. You are so smart.

It's always struck me as funny that their "rejecting tradition" goes hand in hand with the "diverse cultures" meme and praising globalism for turning every city into every other city.

How the fuck could you think you're pro-diversity when your agenda creates the same muddled mess out of all places on Earth?

Couldn't he do some sort of print-on-demand Amazon thing at least?

This seems like kind of timely work that could spark grassroots interest if it were to catch on the right way. I mean, just think if this were your coffee table book. You could have great conversations over somebody casually flipping through it without ever treading on on politically thin ice.

Welcome to the cultural red pill
Soon you'll be a monarchist and hate the US

>Just fuck my bridge up

Well, you can ask him on fb I guess.

Read Tom Wolfe's "From Bauhaus to Our House", basically architecture became politicized in the 20th century to meet the needs of workers and reflect "proletarian sensibilities." Ostentatious architecture is bourgeois and thus had to go.

>No goyim, we dindu nuffin.

not true
it would be cheaper than before even

Hun-bro arrived!

I urge you guys to check out
>skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1022349
It's a compilation of new builds in classical architectural styles from around the world. Only new builds, no reconstructions. Over 400 pages of listings. Gives you a little more hope in humanity.

The smell of asbestos lured me to this architecture thread.

you can still paint it black and add the spikes

Agreed.

Of course.

before and after the eternal anglo

>Being ruled by commies is worse for your country's culture than being nuked
JUST

This is the Jewish temple in Buffalo. Next post will compare the Catholic cathedral. (Totally supports your point.)

So I'm not the only one who knows of that book.

Catholic cathedral in Buffalo.

Me
>Those buildings are eye sorrow
Person I know
>Oh, those are just URBAN, it is normal for some parts of a city to be ugly.

Normies are retarded beyond repair.

>Wow! What beautiful chur-

anyone have the one where the spiky building is eating the old church like a goddamn parasite

Just like their buildings

Unfortunately, no. The new bridge is wider and was remade with a different technique.
Commie engineering: originally, there were trams on the bridge, but the pillars started to crack at the most vital points from the vibration. They had to replace the trams with shitty buses.
>Original bridge built in the Austro-Hungarian era is superior to the modernist commie bridge in every possible way
Really made me think.

You know that (((mordern))) one is called Trump Tower Chicago right?

>1920s satire about the same church

It absolutely is, and they've been doing it for years. Modern architecture is all about creating a global style and rejecting traditional styles.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauhaus

It's impossible for me to hate my home, but I definitely have mixed feelings about it's founding and honestly wouldn't be too offended if we had an authoritarian coup at some point.

Essentially a neat experiment that's run it's course.

air conditioning and electricity I'd assume play into that, and crown lands are notoriously high priced.

I believe cars should not be allowed into cities.
Electrical trains, bicycle or walk.

The air in cities with cars shits on everything.

Those are 2 different places, but you can get an idea.

absolute autism, they don't even look alike at all.

Now imagine how bad it is when you come from a relatively poor west german city that has been completely obliberated by war.

Come and See
>Inside of the old National Theater that was demolished for the lulz by the Reds

Saved.

what happen to that castle?

We just need a legitimate aristocracy r b h

Could be worse

Is the idea that you don't build a 10 story tall building with only one floor.

>implying wrecking he harmonic ambience of the preexisting architecture isn0t exactly what fascist/nazi architecture did
Prepare your anuses for some Libeskind love, itches

>implying we can't see that it says Trump on it
I don't think Trump exactly gets a whole lot of respect for his gaudy taste.

To be honest last time I drove by Vegas I was surprised I hadn't even noticed his big phallic gold tower the previous time I was there. It's actually pretty hard to miss. But Vegas has so much other more interesting stuff to look at I guess.

Agree tbqh

yes because that's supose to be the entrance of your city

"identity" is a bullshit ideal. What if your nation had been living in grass huts for thousands of years. Do you want to continue doing that or start living in steel, concrete, and glass buildings?

Progress

Not always true. A non-structural brick veneer to a building requires additional engineering and proper construction methods to be followed. They they are ignored, they could cause the building to break itself apart slamming into the brick wall during an earthquake or extreme wind event.

name

neat

>>Those buildings are eye sorrow

Eyesore.

> it is normal for some parts of a city to be ugly.

Unironically the position of most people. They expect it to look like this but won't defend it aesthetically.

So what the fuck are they saying? It's not like it costs much more to have a design that rises above tenement level or concrete shithole.

Fuck off

War, then communism.
>If the roof burns down, then we should gut out the entire castle and simplify the facade, 'cuz monarchism is bad, amirite?
They were planning to demolish it though, so I shouldn't bitch so much.

Final shot came from DalTex.

Idea is that train stations are GATES TO THE CITY.
>go on a train
>ride to the destination
>get out of a train
>see new commie shit train station
>first impression on a city ruined

Normalfag rule 1
>if it doesn't presently effect me, it doesn't exist

Fascist architecture was pretty garbage as well. Though I dislike neoclassical almost every time it's tried.

A big ugly gaudy waste of money and space?

You are 80 years too late to stop them

Also, look at the surrounding buildings. All gone. Three of them are currently under reconstruction though.

what is posting pictures all day gonna do? Go build your own fucking building if you hate modern architecture so much

That area of the city (the PATH WTC station) would be better if it still had the original Hudson Terminal, and if the Singer Building hadn't been demolished. The old Hudson Terminal actually had a higher ridership capacity than Penn Station.

(((OXr7oPXb)))

submit to your leader, citizen

>"identity" is a bullshit ideal.

Why?

> What if your nation had been living in grass huts for thousands of years. Do you want to continue doing that

1) False dilemma; we don't have that problem.
2) There is literally nothing preventing a traditional design using modern construction methods.

> start living in steel, concrete, and glass buildings

Why is this the ideal? Or rather, what makes you think this is desirable? I've yet to see anyone who shitposts in these threads actually try to defend the values you hold, they just try to deny they're representing anything.