What would realistically happen if the world was told that there is a very large asteroid on a collision course with...

what would realistically happen if the world was told that there is a very large asteroid on a collision course with earth? scientists say there's a low probability that they can intercept and deflect it somehow, but there is a small chance.

does society wait for the attempt and all hell breaks loose, or does the end begin at once?

Other urls found in this thread:

rense.com/general77/end.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=ztrU90Ub4Uw
youtube.com/watch?v=dpmXyJrs7iU
youtube.com/watch?v=KaOC9danxNo
youtube.com/watch?v=Jp9Y8I6v_Ds&t=85s
smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/mars-just-got-hit-meteorite-180949680/
youtube.com/watch?v=5AUA7XS0TvA
youtube.com/watch?v=ErBFJDQOIHg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

we should have started setting up a moon base years ago

asteroids can't actually reach the surface as a single chunk that is sizeable enough to wipe out earth.

They get ripped apart by electrical discharge between the two bodies. That is what happened in Russia a few years back. Many videos of the incident.

Odds are the government would keep it under wraps, save for maybe sharing the info with higher ups in other governments.
Once they have a formulated plan then we would know.
Whatever that plan is would probably answer your question

>that is sizeable enough to wipe out earth.
with cores composed of dense heavy metals and objects reaching texas sized diameters, there is every chance it could. nothing stops this object from traveling at incredible speeds. earth is a relatively small stellar body. see jupiter impacts

You don't think there already is? You probably don't know about pic related either.

Naive.

jupiter impacts... We literally can't even see the fucking surface of jupiter. We have no evidence that the asteroid reached the surface.

To my knowledge, we have never witnessed an asteroid colliding into the surface of a planet.

Asking a really dumb question here op.
You already know the answer. Stop wasting our time.

Yes they can, and do. Just a matter of time.

>>Jupiter impacts

I think user means the asteroids that that hit the surface gases a few years back. iirc the rocks were huge and came out of nowhere

the lesson learned was 1 comet delivered 6million megatons of tnt barely even 20 years ago

No, that is bunk science based on an outdated astronomical view that is in the process of being dismantled for its continued necessity to add post-hoc explanations for phenomena that don't fit their theories.

rense.com/general77/end.htm
A decent start to getting familiarized

How much time? If it's like 80 years in the future, then everything would go on as normal. If it was 10, some people would react immediately, but most would just carry on as normal.

If they said tomorrow, then shit would hit the fucking fan.

Don't ever link that homosexual nonsense here again

Yes, it made it to the upper atmosphere, and then it exploded much more violently than expected sooner than expected.

we have no idea what actually reached the surface.

there is evidence everywhere for large impacts
many events have trace evidence in global sediment layers

Which incident are you talking about?

Shit will hit the fan once the news is out that we're pretty much fucked. Governments that are capable of spotting this object will be given gag orders to stfu about it.

If society were to know about an extinction-level event that will probably take place in the near future, majority of folks will stop working at their jobs. no one will pay their bills, debts, or for any type of services in general. Governments fall and businesses will crash fast if such news got out. Bet the farm that these fuckers will do this to everyone, if it meant they could get a spot in a bunker or to continue prospering until the last moment, then popping smoke and hiding.

it wouldnt even be reported, the elites would all board their ships and their fake news casters would pretape the news the day of the impact. they want us dead and they only hope they have the off-world tech ready by the time that day comes.

No, we have evidence that something caused a massive explosion. We don't have evidence that it was an asteroid.

Theories aren't discredited just because you feel like its homosexual. They are discredited by their ability to explain and predict phenomena.

The current cosmology has so thoroughly discredited itself that it is literally shit.
> Oh, our equations stopped working. Welp. Lets just add some dark matter in there hurp!

jupiter's atmosphere is far more dense than our own on earth. nothing reached the surface because it's a gas giant... you are talking out of your ass. a large interstellar iron body traveling at km/s will create a bow wave of plasma of our own thin atmosphere, release massive energies on it's way in, and hammer the surface with plenty of energy to spare... where do you think this energy goes? it's lost to an explosion? no, it is traveling in a straight line into the mantle, regardless. not a comet blowing up..

you not accepting evidence doesn't mean it's a bad theory. it means you don't accept it's conclusions. did the aliens nuke meteor crater in arizona?

The bullet cluster essentially proves the existence of dark matter. Gravitational lensing has allowed us to infer its existence as well.

@ what speed is the sun accelerating from something else...say a constellation.
Sun would be colder at front, and also hit from one side as a constant, there would be a trail of the suns rays and heat.

Why do sun diving comets always blow up before they ever reach the sun?

Why did this asteroid blow up long before it reached the surface? youtube.com/watch?v=ztrU90Ub4Uw

It exploded at 12 miles up. You know how much atmosphere there is 12 miles up? practically none.

It can also be explained through electrical interactions. Dark matter is far from proven. It is just a way to make the current models work.

When we thought the earth was the center of our solar system we found all sorts of interesting ways to balance the equations. The same is going on now.

icy clumps of rock from the outer belts does not equal iron-nickel composite cannonballs. the energy levels do not compare at all, it's the difference between being whacked by a snowball and being whacked by a baseball made of metals

Fuck

What's that? I can't quite make out what you're saying over the gigantic dick in your mouth

As I said. We don't know what caused the craters. It could be asteroids, it could have been some solar event, it could have been electrical discharge between planets. We literally have no clue.

It is just a story to make ourselves feel like we understand what is going on around us.

>stories from ancient mythologies of sky people with arrows that cause nuclear explosions isnt a valid conclusion

How come their has been recent evidence that comets are not icy clumps and have metal and rock cores?

Why are you gay?

society breaks, in packs we are dumb if we dont have a good leader

>what is Shoemaker-Levy 9 impact?

Nice comeback. I chuckled. Or maybe it just sounded like a gag cause of the dick in my mouth.

If that gif was a perfect loop it would be supreme comfy

Correct. We don't know if it actually reached the surface. It definitely exploded, but it might have been in the atmosphere.

It would definitely be inconvenient if it happened on earth. but it would be no worse than nuclear war.

people ultimately give credence to what is on the media + government control the media= a minority of people panic

youtube.com/watch?v=dpmXyJrs7iU

how do you watch this and then conclude that asteroids can actually reach the surface in sizeable chunks to matter?

This asteroid barely entered our atmosphere, 12 miles up, but some how with that tiny bit of drag it was able to heat up enough to explode from its own internal pressure.

Does that make any sense to you? What was it packed with TNT and that is why it exploded?

Clearly there is something more going on with cosmology than the current model posits.

Asteroids are as real as the ISS.

lol, now this is next level trolling.

youtube.com/watch?v=KaOC9danxNo
This was filmed in space. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

All shoemaker did was prove a large asteroid breaks up into smaller chunks the closer it gets to the planet

Exactly. And how the hell does that happen? It clearly isn't atmospheric drag, because they always break up before they go through enough atmosphere to have internal heating cause a pressure build up to rip it apart.

Rape on a scale never seen before

>Jupiter
>surface
That's not how gas giants work

>not understanding asteroids and meteors are biblical.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jp9Y8I6v_Ds&t=85s
"...ACROSS THE UNITED STATES FROM WHERE WE ARE TALKING TO YOU RIGHT NOW."

The theory is Jupiter's own gravity ripped it open. If it was just a loosely packed dust and ice ball it wouldn't take much given the size of jupiter.

coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu/ask/102-Does-Jupiter-have-a-solid-surface-

>We do not yet know if a solid surface exists on Jupiter. Jupiter's clouds are THOUGHT TO BE about 30 miles (50 km) thick. Below this there is a 13,000 mile (21,000 km) thick layer of hydrogen and helium which changes from gas to liquid as the depth and pressure increase.

We have no idea what is at the center of jupiter. It is all fucking conjecture by NASA and other Cosmology shills.

If it is just loosely packed ice and dust, our atmosphere will obliterate it before it reaches the surface.

We don't know what shoemaker-levy 9 was made out of. It is all conjecture. we have no actual evidence of what comets are actually composed of. We haven't ever been to one. It is all fucking speculation! what don't you understand about that?

I'm a flat earther, it doesn't change the fact that asteroids are real while the ISS is fake.

>We haven't ever been to one
Robots don't count?

what am i looking for here?

That would be the best thing ever for the defense industry. Deep space weapons.

that was an asteroid. We found out that it was pretty fucking solid. Lots of rock and metal. Interesting formations that looked like they were caused by wind. The whole thing turned out to create more questions than answers.

this

m-m-muh space fighter

This is because they are called meteors when they do. So yeah, here is mars getting hit by one.

smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/mars-just-got-hit-meteorite-180949680/

I rather a solar flare. At least I can kill my neighborhood.

Alright I don't see anything...

That gif conveys the wrong idea. Motion is relative.

if that is the kind of stuff you are into then you will probably like this too. youtube.com/watch?v=5AUA7XS0TvA

I imagine that Jupiter has eaten some Rocky material during its life, but to consider a planet whose mass is mostly in hydrogen and helium to have a "surface" in any rocky sense is a little much

fuckin gas giants, how do they work?

Yes, small objects do occasionally hit planets. 100 foot crater is really small. Mars is a pretty dead planet in terms of atmosphere and electric currents. So I'm not surprised something hit it.

Except for all of the iridium spread around what looks to be impact craters. Iridium which is normally rare in Earth's crust, but suspiciously abundant in asteroids.

Zero g plane.

It is airbubbles, like in this video youtube.com/watch?v=ErBFJDQOIHg

Are you saying...meteors don't real?
If so, you should kill yourself

orbital kinetic weapons arent allowed in war

dude.... we don't know what jupiter is made of. Gas giants are just a theory to explain the surface appearances. We only know what the atmosphere is made of. HOW HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND. WE HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE.

>implying it wasn't destroyed by high tech asteroid defense systems
come on brah

No. Asteroids are part of the dome falling off.

how do you explain that you can literally see the ISS with the naked eye on a clear night?

Get ready for asteroids or aliens

Luke 21:26
>Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

We don't know for sure. We haven't seen a large asteroid impact happen yet. It could well be the case that large asteroids can reach the surface.

>Does that make any sense to you? What was it packed with TNT and that is why it exploded?
What is kinetic enery + friction. Are you being a contrarian faggot or just one of those you tube geniuses?

I'm sure russia found some extra funds for high tech asteroid defense after they wasted most of there government resources on vodka and ukrainian hookers.

Oh and they probably had to pay a pretty penny on replacing the diesel engine on their one fucking aircraft carrier.

>what would realistically happen if the world was told that there is a very large asteroid on a collision course with earth?
Basically if a astroid was coming to hit the world and kill us all then my whole entire place of work would start having a massive sex orgy in the middle of the day rawdogging.

If we are gonna die anyway then that would start happening.

so it passed through less than 5% of our atmosphere and some how it had enough friction from that tiny bit to heat up and explode.

Atmospheric density is pretty low past 12 miles up. Like really fucking low.

*sigh*
How large is very large?
What direction?

Didn't Trump already defound NASA project to stop an asteroid if this happens?

>The atmosphere has a mass of about 5.15×10^18 kg,[2] three quarters of which is within about 11 km (6.8 mi; 36,000 ft) of the surface.

Can you make sense of graphs?

that stupid Chelyabinsk asteroid blew up at 20000 meters. It barely even touched the atmosphere. So what the fuck was it rubbing against that got it hot enough to explode with 300kt of TNT force?

I've already licked all over this concept. thanks for the video, it filled in a lot of the symbols with scientific terms, and holes I wasn't able to fill.

my dick

what are dinosaurs

Correct. Your dick in my fucking mouth. Thank you. Much enlightened.

durrr, I think oil is old dinosaurs DURRRR

They don't, they either deny it or claim it is some sort of reptilian trick. Or they will just ignore that point..

Dinosaurs have some serious problems surrounding them that goes beyond an impact event making them go extinct.

They have body sizes that go beyond what should be possible by physical limits of power to mass ratios of fleshy animals. There is no way that the brontosaurus could have pumped blood to its brain without blood pressure so high it would rip through the blood vessels.

It also couldn't hold it neck out horizontal to the ground with out torque that would have broken all its bones. given current gravity at least.

Pterodactyls also go way beyond the size limits of what is possible for animal powered flight given 9.81m/s gravity.

its an oddly shaped plane

just because there is a crater doesn't mean an asteroid caused it.

please happen i am so sick of this place