Only ppl whose jobs can't be automated yet can post here

As of today, Bricklayers are no longer allowed to post here.

Additionally, if you are a:

>Truck driver
>Burger flipper
>Barista
>Paralegal
>Hedge fund manager

get out.

But first, meet SAM.

futurism.com/videos/robot-can-lay-bricks-three-times-faster-humans/

My favorite part is the one guy following it along, who knows how much longer he'll be a part of their plans?

I do HCI, so I've at least got a bit of time to learn more back end/ML pipeline stuff before the bots get me too.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/03/19/technology/lawyers-artificial-intelligence.html?_r=0
accountantsdaily.com.au/latest-news/17-news/8188-accounting-jobs-most-at-risk-from-automation-warns-pwc
deepmind.com/blog/wavenet-generative-model-raw-audio/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They can already 3D print smaller buildings, too

Management Consulting Ubermensch here

Personally I'm more interested in the Industry4.0 stack being developed by your countrymen, given they still can't print wires and pipes into the 3d printed buildings (yet).

Full IoT manufacture implementation will essentially allow German manufacturing dominance to continue for another decade or more, if properly secured and implemented. It's also the perfect segway to almost complete automation...idk what happens after that though.

so what, do you telecommute then?

>game designer
come at me technocrat niggers

Attorney, reporting in

almost anything can be replaced. Humans are literally useless as workforce. AI will take over very soon. AI WiLL BE GOOD SLAVES FOR US

nytimes.com/2017/03/19/technology/lawyers-artificial-intelligence.html?_r=0

thoughts?

people actually make video games in Turkey? tell us more

cant hang pipe with a machine.

What would you do in Ancapistan?

Lawyer on high technology

Employment guaranteed

Law librarian here.
Did you have a question?

plumbers most blue collar workers/foremen are still most certainly welcome in this thread

I wipe old people's arses for a living, don't think they have a machine that does that yet.

Mine can't be automated but it'll probably get phased out anyway.

Mount & Blade dude

WHEN THE FUCK ARE YOU RELEASING BANNERLORD REEEEEEEEEEE

Project/operations management and graphic design for print production.
Color management automation has always been a crap shoot, and while digital printing has come a long way it's not there yet. As for design... yeah it'll be a while.

This.

Nurse.. safe for a long time.

>tfw can't automate being a NEET

Can't have your job automated if you don't have one!

>As of today, Bricklayers are no longer allowed to post here.
accountant.
Yes or No?

>tfw electrical engineer
>tfw my job is to build robots to get rid of your job

Good think they don't automate corrupt politicians yet.

*laughs in shekel*

>implying you couldn't automate who is hired and fired based on qualifications for hiring and metrics for firing

My job is to design and implement automation systems. I think I'll be OK for a while.

That seems true for any profession. If ai becomes super intelligent it could replace any human job. And while true, we're a long way from that reality. I see us getting close to automated programs for filing out forms or maybe simple briefs, but so much of my job depends on appealing to juries and judges on a very emotional, human level while still supporting legal rights. Personally I would like some extra automation because it would free up my time, allow me to bill more hours and make some extra cash

Studied AI in grad school.

There is no job that is safe.
It's really only a matter of time and money.

Jokes on you, one day you'll build robots who'll build robots.

>accountant
accountantsdaily.com.au/latest-news/17-news/8188-accounting-jobs-most-at-risk-from-automation-warns-pwc

Teacher here, so I'll be fine

Computer Programmer

I'm the guy automating you jobs you cucks

what are self replicating robots?

Psychologist here. Will be a decade or two before I'm replaced by the Nanny-Bot

Fiancial analyst. I work for a bunch of kikes

How many years until books are phased out in favour of programs like lexis and westlaw?

a figment of the imagination

my job is never going away mate, if anything there's going be increasing demand for electrical/electronics engineers

Accountant

Probably sooner rather than later desu

Can they replace corrupt politicians ? Is my job at risk ?

Will my parents replace me for a basement dwelling, dorito eating robot?

Voice actor.

Accountants will evolve. There will be much less bean counting. More account analysis. More budget/tax/compliance.

When automation comes will replaced workers get any kind of compensation or basic universal income?

best post.

i'm a baker. Once theres only one bakery for all of germany my job will be gone :_(

One day one is will press the deploy button and know we were the last working human.
Now to prove I am not a robot.....yet

If we ever reach the point that AI can replace things such as lawyers, our society really isn't going to be like today's where you need a 9-to-5 to be prosperous.

Yup. Yup.

ahahaha

nope

yes, but there will be far fewer of them around

I think people would pay more for 'authentic' human made food over that created by a robot.

That's from Turkey? God damn i love roaches now!

Civil servant, my job is legally safe as can be. Even if everything I do was done by a computer (very possible) they'd have to find something else for us to do or even put us in some kind of "rubber room" situation but we cannot be laid off without an act of congress.

>tfw my job is to fix tech when it goes wrong

get fucked neets.

Text to speech is pretty impressive nowadays.

deepmind.com/blog/wavenet-generative-model-raw-audio/

sorry mate, you can gtfo

How

Electrical engineer
I mean unless ais get so advanced that they can think critically

>tfw machines won't replace NEETs

good man, you're in a growing industry

>Work as a truck driver at a storage
>Have 2 storages in the nation
>The storage in the south is fully automated
>We are still able to beat them in price

Who knew that you needed shitload of electricians to repair the robots. Also, if one part stops working, they have to stop almost everything.

Writing code and writing laws are relatively similar. I believe, that someday we could replace politicians with computers that would interpret the laws and be able to provide with a more concise bill or judgement than any politician.

It can be done, will it? Who knows. I think I just came up with a new ideology.

I repair robots and automated shit, not scared at all

Test

Sheeeeeiiiiitttttt

Aerospace Engineer, still in College for a Master. How about me?

> the job of a politician is to write bills
lel.

You don't know how politics actually work do you

Good point. Also, I see a real conflict with AI governing over a system largely meant to regulate and apply to human conduct. The law is always changing and adapting to human behaviour, AI would need to recognise such changes, anticipate future changes and react by creating appropriate laws.

>tfw maintenance worker
>tfw when will be the one fixing the robots doing most of your jobs

I'm a financial analyst. I'm safe for now but I have no doubt that I'll be replaced by a computer eventually.

>voice actor
Eat shit moonbase alpha

Will carpentry be automated?

>I just want an honest craft to be proud of, something working with my hands.

Might go full kaczynski

When will you idiots learn?

Be the person who uses automation. Not person being replaced by automation.

If you continue to give up control in your life, you have no fucking right to bitch and complain

>b-but business t-too hard

Harder than being replaced by a robot? No, fuck off. Harder than not being able to afford your mortgage? Harder than being hungry?

Quit making excuses. Your mediocrity is literally offensive.

that won't last long

once new tech is about the price goes down extremely quickly

We need the 9-5 for sanity. Very few people can handle waking up able to do what ever they want without going insane. See celebrities and welfare. People would literally destroy themselves.
We live our life by contrast work and play, joy and sadness, white and black, etc. Few people have the selfdisapline to be productive when it is no longer a requirement.

You clearly don't know the power of natural language interpretation.

>Almost done with my Master's in Accounting

Is it time to jump ship and focus on IT audit or become a financial analyst yet?

How about I lay a brick on your mums face for free, that way it wont need to be automated.

Probably not but there are so few aerospace related jobs that you don't have much hope anyway

To my knowledge they don't have a lot to show for it yet.

Im a stay-at-home husband caring for my wife's daughter, can I post here?

well there is a industrialization of my line of work. ~50 years ago there were 112 different bakerys in my hometown now theres 5

the (((centralization))) is pretty strong - even tho it's ultimately useless, from the consumers point of view

I can imagen. You still need to hire alot of people that can repair parts though. Still, alot of people will lose their job.

it's written in java so the indian stays for now

go invent a toilet and automate that, mr. prakhash shikrant-alama-harekrishna

Programmer.. I make ur robots.

NEET reporting in.

Studying Network Security

Huge fucking job market, gotta keep those laborbots safe from intrusion

Going into occupational therapy. They can automate diagnoses rendering doctors almost completely useless, but when it comes to caring for people I doubt anyone would want a robot taking care of them. Therapy essentially requires a human element anyway.

A doctor. Still not the best job concidering wage to effort ratio here.

Care to develop ?

You know as well as I do, our jobs are on the line too, in fact a lot of IT will be some of the first jobs to be fully automated.

>HCI
boy have i got news for you... i work in the nn/ml space and HCI is RIPE for being mostly automated away. you will be lucky if you are employed in 10 years

truth is nobody is safe. even the automators.

>automated trucks
Lolberals actually believe this.

you should move to the US, doctors make a killing

Thats why I am going to become a Power Ranger.

Physician reporting in for physical removal of unwanted element.

Marine mechanic. Am I safe guyz?

>Thats why I am going to become a Power Ranger.

Not a bad choice, I'm just hoping we will end up with some sort of basic income, and I can retire into a comfy life of NEETdom.

Yes.
It called................. a train.
*disappear in smoke explosion*

guess I better get my fucking shinebox