Psychedelics

>These findings suggest that the sustained occurrence of psychedelic phenomenology constitutes an elevated level of consciousness - as measured by neural signal diversity.

nature.com/articles/srep46421

Y-y-yeah, psychedullics, whatchamuhcallem, need to stay illegal because junkies just take em to escape from reality!!

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/people/dr-robin-carhart-harris-is-the-first-scientist-in-over-40-years-to-test-lsd-on-humans-and-youre-next-9667532.html
nydailynews.com/news/world/rocker-nick-cave-teen-son-lsd-fatal-cliff-fall-article-1.2429809
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4224334/Police-College-student-fell-11th-floor-window-death.html
youtube.com/watch?v=XoacbEcvmYo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They're safe as fuck (chemically) and have benefits.. retarded that they're illegal

Also, DMT has better graphics than any video game i've ever played

>retarded that they're illegal

independent.co.uk/news/people/dr-robin-carhart-harris-is-the-first-scientist-in-over-40-years-to-test-lsd-on-humans-and-youre-next-9667532.html

When I ask why LSD was prohibited, he has a surprisingly simple three-word answer: "the Vietnam war". Essentially, when its use spread to the general population in the mid 1960s, "Young Americans realised they didn't want to fight any more. That brought a huge tension into society. So they had to create reasons for banning the drug. Everyone knew the arguments were totally specious. But no one stood up.

you ever microdose, my minty fresh friend?

>muh pineal gland
>muh joe rogan

LSD can cause permanent psychosis in susceptible individuals, and even the acute effects can be dangerous, causing disorientation and death. nydailynews.com/news/world/rocker-nick-cave-teen-son-lsd-fatal-cliff-fall-article-1.2429809

Accidental death and overdose is way more common on alcohol, what's your point?

And the acute negative effects of LSD are almost always when combined with SSRIs causing serotonin syndrome.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4224334/Police-College-student-fell-11th-floor-window-death.html

Psychedelics are non-addictive I still don't know why they're illegal.

still safer than ssris

>Accidental death and overdose is way more common on alcohol, what's your point?
This argument is such a meem
>We already have legal poison! Why not more?

This just in-- Living causes Dying, film at 11

Smoking a heavy dose of Salvia at least once should be a requirement

Says the fag whose country was ruined by keeping drugs illegal

Yeah we should make cocaine legal so all the inbred farmers only work with that and cartels can wash their money through here even more easily

Hey it's this thread again. Saged.

LSD molecule is

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

I've done pretty much all the drugs (genuine oldfag) and psychedelics are probably the only ones that are worth doing, or at least the only ones that you will truly gain long term benefit from. I even offered them to my mom at one point because I thought it would help her cope with my dad's death a few years before. Most drugs make you feel good, then the euphoria fades and you feel at least a shitty as you did before, usually worse after the comedown. Psychedelic experiences stick with you after the drug wears off, but its not a euphoria or false comfort. In fact, they can be quite uncomfortable but discomfort is often a symptom of growth. No pain no gain, as the saying goes.

If you are sad you can do enough cocaine to feel good again, until it wears off. If, instead, you drop a psychedelic you will probably feel even worse for awhile but will gain a clarity of perspective that will be beneficial in the long run.

Doing drugs is what redpilled me.
I dont care what cuckservatives say.

Junkies don't take psychedelics, psychedelics are extremely fucking tame. Junkies take serious stimulants/depressants/dissociatives

Hallucinogens do appear to temporarily increase neuro-plasticity and as such it makes sense that they could be used to help treat the habits and thought patterns of those who are depressed or suffering from problems like PTSD

sage because not politics

>"""(((diversity)))"""

Doing some detective work. Prove you are not a bot by replying.

>If you are sad you can do enough cocaine to feel good again, until it wears off. If, instead, you drop a psychedelic you will probably feel even worse for awhile but will gain a clarity of perspective that will be beneficial in the long run.

I took LSD the day I found out my stepmom died. I think it helped me cope

>sage because not politics
he's talking about the legality of them, so yes it is politics

Yeah bro government tryin to keep us down, calcifying our pineal glands, and trying to stop us from turning into lotus eaters.

kill yourself you fucking retard

I've done shrooms three times, first two times were what I would consider "fun" but the last time was a grueling, horrible trip that resulted in ego death and a learning experience.

I get anxiety and depersonalization episodes now because of it.

poopyhead

I'm a bot

>depersonalization episodes now

Deets

I would be scared to use drugs on such a emotional day. You didn't worry about having a bad trip?

>You didn't worry about having a bad trip?

I was with friends, and I don't worry about bad trips because I can just take a benadryl or xanax and sleep through it.

Only "bad" trip I've ever had was on DMT

Just get caught up in strange thought loops about bullshit stuff like "how am I experiencing this consciousness" and then subsequently not feeling like I am in control of my body and actions, like I'm in autopilot.

>it helped me cope
I don't doubt could work like that for many people (myself included, though I don't think I've tested that theory) but I wanted to make the point that psychedelics differ from other drugs in that there is very little potential for escapism. Instead of drowning out problems they tend to amplify them, which in the short term could be a good or bad thing depending on the person. They really shouldn't even be called "drugs" because they are so different from ordinary escapist street drugs like cocaine or alcohol. Getting wasted drunk and high on blow is really the complete opposite of using something like DMT or psilocybin.

>Just get caught up in strange thought loops about bullshit stuff like "how am I experiencing this consciousness" and then subsequently not feeling like I am in control of my body and actions, like I'm in autopilot.

That is literally how our brains work. The "conscious" decision you made was already decided by your brain before you felt the feeling of making a decision

I had a bad trip on shrooms some time ago. It was like going through an endless tunnel of paranoia and sadness. I learned a lot from it, my good friend I was with is no longer just a good friend but evolved into a brother.

I know, yet you still feel like you have locus of control the majority of the time. When this happens I feel like I am watching a movie, not performing these actions.

Yeah about once every two weeks

>going through an endless tunnel of paranoia and sadness
Was this a change from your everyday life? Maybe the lesson was that you have always felt that way but you usually ignore it, and the shrooms helped you to clearly acknowledge this so you can improve it. There is no such thing as a bad trip if you survive it. What you had was an uncomfortable trip, but nothing worth doing is easy. Exercise is usually somewhat uncomfortable, but clearly beneficial.

So can weed believe it or not. Not permanent though.

Idk man I tripped for the first time a few weeks ago and it was amazing. Been wanting to do it again like every day. Maybe not physically addicting tho.

That's a wonderful insight. Yes I think it did help acknowledge my situation. Same thing happened on doing XTC, I felt I was a compassionate human and I should strive to be kind and humble.

Feels good man.

>suggest
>an elevated level of consciousness -
Yeah it makes you high, I could have told them they would have saved money

I'm going to candy flip this weekend.
Ask me anything.

I have come to some serious realizations while I've been tripping on acid. I honestly recommend everyone try acid and shrooms at least once. Even if you just sit in your room and think, it will change your entire perspective on a lot of things.

That's called being homesick I believe.

>sometimes LSD can cause problems, look this degenerate overrated faggot's illegitimate effeminate son fell off a cliff that proves it
If you feel is a good reason to prohibit or deny yourself anything in the world then you are just a weak person and you truly don't belong here. You sound like a noguns crying about a toddler blowing his brains out because his alcoholic step-dad was passed out in the back yard. Don't blame the gun, and don't blame the drug.

Here, let Alex Jones explain it: youtube.com/watch?v=XoacbEcvmYo

Have you done it before?