Why haven't you accepted the true religion of peace yet, Sup Forums? Don't waste this cycle of life on misguided anger

Why haven't you accepted the true religion of peace yet, Sup Forums? Don't waste this cycle of life on misguided anger.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Buddhism#Dates
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Isn't it a desire to have no desire?

Bump

it's more about focusing your desires than abandoning them

pointless getting distracted by petty shit when you could just feel compassion all day and achieve enlightenment

I don't want to have to reincarnate evar agian.

How u do this?

And then die...

God said to not worship false idols.

Buddhists, Muslims, Catholics, and all other Pagans will burn for eternity in the depths of hell.

clinging is the root cause of suffering, not desire

oh look, the heretic thinks he understands theology

why would Buddha teach Nanda that his wife was worthless/hideous
seems like a pretty half assed way to become enlightened

> Not being a full hermetic master race
> Being a meditation-cuck

The real Gods revealed themselves thousands of years before Christianity

Why should anyone believe your new age shit?

Zen buddhist here.
Walking meditation.

There's a lot of bullshit nonsense in Buddhism, like believing in demons, various hells, the monkey king, etc etc

It's like any religion, you should take the good and throw away the bad. Buddha pretty much said the same himself, it was only after his death that his followers claimed he was all knowing

You posted the wrong religion, dipshit.

These fags don't even kill bugs, and they share an important symbol with the political ideology of peace.

Buddhists don't either? Or rather, they're not supposed to

The monkey king was never meant to be believed literally, it's just a kids story that was meant to get idiot peasants who believed in chinese gods to recognize the values of buddhism through various moral parables and shit.

You're going to drink peepee and eat poopoo for eternity, cuck.

>Sup Forums

kys

this is /mlpol/ now faggot

You failed to mention the demons, the hells, karmic doom, and the other hocus pocus

>How u do this?

Achieve complete enlightenment

Dharmic religions are pretty bro-tier. You're heathens, but cool heathens.

Ahura Mazda is the one true god.

>Strict Jains, including monastics, do not eat root vegetables such as potatoes, onions and garlic because tiny organisms are injured when the plant is pulled up and because a bulb or tuber's ability to sprout is seen as characteristic of a living being.

I don't think buddhists are that hardcore about non-violence.

All idols are false.

That's going a bit far, do they realize every time they shower that they're scrubbing off tiny organisms living on their skin?

Or that every time they pee, tiny organisms living on their genitals are being washed away?

What about brushing their teeth? Don't those mouth bacteria have a right to life too?

Do they ever wipe up dust? Millions of dust mites are depending on those shed skin cells

clinging is desire
desire for something lost

white people had buddhist nations long before it even reached east asia but we abandoned it because it was nonsense.

Reincarnation literally make no sense unless you're pothead who spent more time thinking about nothing than doing anything productive.

I want to achieve this feeling in life but I feel as though everyday living in a city causes me to become distracted from this goal. I sometimes envy monks who've dedicated their lives to finding true peace within themselves.

I'm not saying it isn't flawed and unable to account for modern knowledge, which all religions fail to do, but they're pretty crazy about it.

> Jain monks and nuns have neither a permanent home nor any possessions. They do not use vehicles and always travel barefoot from one place to another, irrespective of the distance. They wander from place to place except during the months of Chaturmas. They do not prepare food and live only on what people offer them. Digambara monks and nuns carry a broom-like object, called a picchi (made from fallen peacock feathers) to sweep the ground ahead of them or before sitting down to avoid inadvertently crushing small insects.

so save up some money and buy a rural property

I'm agnostic, but it makes sense to me. Same consciousness, different person.

To be quite honest, enlightenment comes from suffering.

Suffering puts things into perspective, and the perspective allows you to recognize hollow pursuits, and cruelty

Conservation of mass doesn't make much sense either.

> To dispose of body waste at a place free of living beings
>Not to use tooth powder to clean teeth
>Sleep on hard ground
>Not to take bath
>To pluck hair on the head and face by hand
> To renounce clothing

These are for the monks and nuns, not the lay people, but they really do try.

Coming round later bro?

>be leaf
>claim that all other people practicing their own beliefs are heretics
>go home and suck off dog

Except it does because it is a physical law and not made up, baseless nonsense.

I actually don't know how someone as retarded as you got past the captchas

There are shared elements of all conscious beings but the only way your consciousness got to be you was by living your life. If it lives a different life it's not the same consciousness. You're talking about death and rebirth cycles of the universe if you're talking same consciousness in a different body.

Cease your attachment and desires & be conscious of your awareness

>God said to not worship false idols
When did "God" say this?

Peace is overrated.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Buddhism#Dates
>180 BCE: Demetrius I of Bactria invades India as far as Pataliputra and establishes the Indo-Greek Kingdom (180–10 BCE), under which Buddhism flourishes.
>120 BCE: The Chinese Emperor Han Wudi (156–87 BCE) receives two golden statues of the Buddha, according to inscriptions in the Mogao Caves, Dunhuang.

But user, buddhism isn't intrinsically theistic. At its core, it's just an instruction manual to achieve inner peace, and Gautama Buddha didn't even want to be revered.

Fuck you anger is the only true way to achieving peace.

The differnce between Christianity and Buddhism is that Buddhists will tell you to find inner peace within yourself, whereas christians will tell you to find it in doing good for your fellow man

If I may add to my comment, its sort of like the videogame bully. Before Jimmy Hopkins shows up everyone is split up into cliques and just keeps on fighting with each other. But then after a series of events of making everyone else your bitch you become the top dog and lead the school to a new era of peace.

Sort of like Caesar in New Vegas, he conquers all the tribes and ushers in an era of peace until (((NCR))) shows up and starts shit

so what you're saying is... Hitler was right?

Tell me more, Senpai.

Teach me master

Doesn't this belong on /his/? Also, Burma and Mongolia have something to say about it being a "religion of peace."

Because Enki/Ea is the true god.

Anger is necessary.
I will not stick my head in the sand.

Because I haven't given up on this world yet. I know that I would be happier if I just focused on spiritual enlightenment but I want to make this world better. I know there isn't a point anymore, but I'm not ready to give up yet either.

Anger can motivate you like nothing else but it can consume you as well. The idea is to find a middle way where you are dealing with life's problems without flipping your shit.