My pathetic life

I'm 18 years old currently studying BTEC Media in my first year (I did IT last year) and im doing okay, but i hate media and don't want to pursue it, i have very few friends and often find myself being depressed because of feeling isolated, i struggle to communicate with other people (Im not autistic, im introverted). I am however suprisingly speaking to a girl and have dated her a few times. I also am having problems trying to pass my GCSE english, i have literally passed maths and science etc... I have no idea what i want to do in the future and im beginning to get terrified because time is running out. I have around £10k in investments but i don't want to touch them. What should i do, shall i just join the army?

> Time is running out
> 18

I did a completely different subject in Uni to what I did for BTEC, they really don't care if you switch up subject, I guess because the format is the same, i.e. submit assessments by a certain deadline.

What on Earth does this have to do with politics? Do one.

I'm not a virgin but want to marry young and have a 3-4 kids.

worry about running out of time when you get near the 30's

When i said 'running out of time', i meant about a career

Three questions;
Why'd you change from IT to media?
May I ask what the course was that it was in.
And what do you actually enjoy/are best at.

Beef up, go Army. Get super fit. SAS. Be as introverted as you want when you're sniping chap.

protip. fuck media, go for arts or something else if u dont want to pursue sciences math or something relevant.

architecture
photography ( bad idea )
literature

also start going to a gym, or find a job. its the best thing you can do if you find yourself in place where you dont know what you WANT to do

I still hold my statement

>why did you change from IT to media
Because the thought of sitting behind a desk for the rest of my life terrified me and i hated the course.

>May I ask what the course was that it was in.

It was also a BTEC

>What do you actually enjoy/are best at

Thats the problem, im clueless and have no idea

IT courses are shit, you can literally do all the work in 3 hours, for one unit. That's why they ban you from doing it at work. They need you at college for gibs. Don't know why he'd go over to media, it's literal marxist indoctrination. We were talking about how 'privileged' white males were in GCSE media. Few years back.

Im not unfit or overweight but there i no way i can pass SAS selection haha

>btec
>media

so many things wrong here fucking slav subhuman

Its pure cancer, they tried brainwashing us by teaching us about feminism and the patriarchy and i was having non of it

Trades are really easy to get into in the UK, as well. 2 years at your local college, get 2 vocational quacls and do 1 year as a trainee being payed £13 an hour.

Thats why i'm fucked haha

Did you do the IT extended diploma/90 credit?

18 years old with 10 grand? Finish your exams and go travelling.

When I was at Seniours school, they had us talk about how "objectified" women were in Bond films and fucking Doctor Who.

Yeah its an extended diploma, i still have another year to go and i'm predicted 3 distinctions

Get an apprenticeship as a mechanic or something

>Because the thought of sitting behind a desk for the rest of my life terrified me and i hated the course.
Well there's way more to IT than that but fair enough.

>It was also a BTEC
I'll presume a level 3 then

>Thats the problem, im clueless and have no idea
Based on that I'd suggest finding a temporary job and in your own time explore different subjects.

That's why I did a fast track one, I did all the course work in 8 weeks.
Spent the rest of the yeah working in apprenticeship.

> GCSE English is hard

Work harder you mong. BTEC courses are generally shit, unless it's through an apprenticeship you should do something else. Self teach yourself a levels and go to uni and get a good degree in a field with good prospects (STEM).

I went from an Accountancy course to doing the 90 cred around February and I've done more work than everyone who started in September. Fucking spastics.

We were doing a video games unit and we had to talk about how in Donkey Kong that the women isn't capable of protecting herself and how its always a male who is viewed as being strong and has to save her. Its called a "damsel-in-distress" or something haha

I'm 37.
Don't worry too much. At least you have 10k

Just finish your course and do something else. No one gets a career at 18 because no one's hiring 18 yr olds for career level jobs

You just kind of fall into stuff and if it's shit you just kind of fall into other stuff. I was fucking shy as a teenager. I used booze at uni but wish I'd discovered beta blockers sooner.

I worried my whole youth away and ended up teaching. Like seriously you have a big oyster of a world. Go travelling for definite.

I'm going to meet my best mate in Australia for a month when i finish next year. But with money i get from my part time job

I've got dyslexia, had no support 'cause my school was shit and I still managed to get a C, borderline B.

You got to do video games? We literally just did photoshop and coursework.

I should also add that i'm dyslexic, but im always like a mark or two out every time i get my results

Only as a unit, we do photoshop and creative projects too

A friend of mine is dyslexic as well, he said though that if you are dyslexic you can get some sort assistance to help you get a C.

How Dyslexic? I've got dysographia and have issues reading white paper on black text and sill passed.

I only get like 15 minutes extra time

Yeah but they just give you yellow paper instead dont they?

On my GCE course, a while back we only did film analysis and got to chose a creative project.

That will be good but you said you don't know what you want to do and that you're introverted/struggle to communicate with people. If i was you i'd go backpacking somewhere and make an effort to talk to meet/talk to people.

You'll see the world, do some cool shit, meet some people, and have time to think about what you want to do.

Travel m8. I never did, 34 now and just waiting for death. Every one of my m8s that went travelling at your age said it was the best thing they ever did, half of them didn't come back. Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, just do it pal.

We don't get to choose what tasks we want to do or what groups we go in. I got put with two feminists and it was the worst experience of my life.

Must've been your teacher. My teacher was pretty sound and I got to work on my own.

>BTEC

They're alright when they're for trades, they're just shit for everything else.