What happens after death?

Life

Infinite truth. The word.

You die

you'll find out eventually, don't worry about it

Reincarnated again and again

You'll wish death was an escape from this world. But it's not the way out. You have to find that for yourself, and it won't be handed to you so easily.

There is no such thing as death
Ĺife is just a dream
And we are the imagination of ourselves

Yup.

The world goes on like nothing happened.
Which is horrifying enough that some need
to believe in an afterlife to comfort them.

we dine with the heroes of old

I WANNA BE A GIRL

Actions > Belief
Live a virtuous life.
If there is a virtuous god then he can not send a virtuous person to hell.
If god will send a virtuous person to hell just because he didn't happen to believe in a god in a world with hundreds of competing ideologies coupled with the fact that god takes no steps to provide any proof of his existence, then it is not a virtuous god and we're probably all going to be condemned to suffer.

If there is no afterlife at least you lived a virtuous life while on earth and made the world a tiny bit better for everyone else. As well as the beneficial effects that living a virtuous life most often results in long term happiness due to the lack of self destructive choices.

I personally never think about god, afterlife or whatever because whatever is the truth will take care of itself. Live a virtuous life and you have nothing to fear.

if reincarnation is a chance to start over in a fresh life and actually make something of it, it doesn't sound all bad

Time is a flat circle, you live your shitty life over and over again.

you die

All that matters is what you do in this life user.
If you die with a smile on your face or in your soul then your spirit will find it's way to eternal peace

you become a thread on Sup Forums and suffer as people shitpost inside you

>be born as girl in backwards country like Afghanistan or Congo
>get married to your cousin at 11 and raped until you get preggers
>give birth to first kid at 12
>repeat until you die painfully of child birth at 30 after your 6 or 7 kid

Yeah have fun with that desu

we're just the ram sticks holding the memories of whatever consciousness we were assigned to during the expansion of this simulation

our memories are wiped once we die and then we participate in another simulation

>You'll be meeting him.

You no longer exist.

Your consciousness migrates to the next receptacle, over and over and over again, until all lives have been lived. You're going to be the Mexican handless/faceless/dull boxcutter dude, the ISIS BBQ guy, the maggots in the brain hobo, a Greek getting roasted in a brazen bull, the Persian getting the "boats", and so on. The universe is a fun place!

The eternal ceasing of pain

>I get to play Majoras Mask for the first time again

WORTH IT

Whites make up 14% of the world's population.Chances are you will be reincarnated in an utter hell hole.

nothing. the only way for you to survive your death is to become part of the fiber of another being, in other words, to reproduce. if you dont reproduce before you die, you have failed as a living organism.

>"I dared not speak of this at first. You'd never have let me out of containment. The truth is, I was aware of all of it. I suppose there was a sweet oblivion, like deep sleep, at first; but in retrospect, I think it was no more than a day. Slowly, but unmistakably, I reoccupied my corpse with dreamlike consciousness: numb for the first merciful hours, blind, deaf, and immobile, but then I seemed to reconnect to every nerve, and became aware of every sensation - moreso than I ever was in life. I perceived myself trapped within an immovable object, and the intensity of the struggle amplified: subtle, then acute, then racking. I cannot describe it completely - but imagine holding your breath, beyond urge, beyond pain, beyond desperation - head throbbing and eyes bulging - a dream of suffocation without end.

"My skin blistered and split in the sunlight; biting insects descended rapidly. I felt eggs hatch, larvae crawl, gases build and burst within me, individual cells rupturing, interstitial fluids souring and blackening. Somehow my capacity to experience and store these sensations grew - even as I was keenly aware of my cerebrum being scattered and devoured, my perception expanded, into the gizzards of birds and the depths of fire ant dens. I was aware of every fingernail and strand of hair that pulled away in the wind - and my sensation clung to them as they settled in the ocean and dissolved in the maws of a trillion diatoms.

Leaf quoting Cuck Hicks. Colour me surprised.

Reincarnation.

If you were good you come back as beautiful lesbian jap schoolgirl.

If you were bad you come back as a nigger.

Let's say you get reincarnated as a baby. Before you die that baby is still in the mothers womb for 9 months.

Do you think that baby is alive or not while in the womb?

>"I don't understand it. The more bits of me there were, the larger my capacity for the perception of pain. As I decayed into pieces smaller than living nerves could possibly distinguish, the character of the discomfort changed - from burning and aching and breaking I might relate to you in human terms - to something worse that I cannot fully articulate: a terrible, maddening stretching of every part of myself from every other part. Humans often numb to chronic pains in life, do they not? Yet every year, every month, every second that passed - I swear it only intensified over time.

>"In my previous life, I ruminated on Heaven and Hell, and the likelihood of my experiencing one, the other, or something in between. As terrible as I imagined the torpor of Heaven or the torments of Hell to be, this was entirely different from either. In Hell, at least, there would surely be a tormentor, some memory of my deeds, some sense of justice, even if my soul rejected its logic. I can imagine some comfort in Hell, for a mind such as mine.

Same thing before you were alive.

you cease to exist

>"I do not think this is a punishment. I do not think it is caused. I deeply suspect it is simply our condition, our nature to go on this way, do you see? In all that time, I was certainly, absolutely, totally alone, and before long all memory of life had shriveled to a cinder, lost beneath my interminable anguish. Alive again, I suspect I cannot quite recall the worst of it - as if my living brain is too small for the experience.

>"As Overseers, we witness, inflict, or endure great suffering. Yet what awaits us all is worse, the way an earache is worse than a bee sting, the way frostbite is worse than a burn. I was dead for eighteen years, and my misery eludes description. Dare we try to fathom the collective agony of legions of ancient dead?

Valhalla, if you die in the upcoming race war.

>believing in reincarnation from a buddhist or pagan perspective

Karma literally does not exist except maybe in a consequential way i.e rich guy pollutes the world and then dies and is re-born poor on the same planet. It'd be entirely a crap shoot whether someone receives "justice" or not.

imho of course...

/thread

see Most likely you'll end up in India or Africa where most births take place now

Like I said, you'll wish death was the way out.

VALHALLA!

Decomposition. Just as other deaths sustained your life your death will sustain other lives. It is glorious.

you reincarnate as a little dindu because you spent your life posting on pol

>get to be a mommy

YAY

>everyone one Sup Forums gets reincarnated as poo in loos
>designated shitting street seems like a ok concept

Your pattern of brain activity ceases to perpetuate itself inside your brain and then the atoms of the universe continue to abide by the laws of physics as they've been doing for billions of years.

Why? What do you think happens?

I'm too selfish for that. I'm going to be cremated

This is too funny to be possible

This is like asking a questions about a movie that neither of us have seen.

>Shut the fuck up, you'll find out

Clearly anyone that is ALIVE doesn't know the fuck is on the other side. Kill yourself and find out if you're so eager to.

only if you've been a righteous warrior

That sounds really hot. I wish I was a girl so I could be a child bride and be pregnant as young as possible.

Reincarnation does not exist as you currently see it. We are brought to life in another time by evolved humans. At a time in the future countless years from this universe. Essentially we become masters of eternity and sort of pass judgement on those from this present.

They are always watching us from other universes at different frequencies. It's all a test. They observe us completely without worry of time skips or overlaps. They are infinite, as they had a start where we are but have since become unrestrained in other universes.

Our animals of our present day are also brought into sentience in the not too long future. It's why everything in this world is perfect as is. Instead of trying to reach for something instead realize everything is fine. It's already taken care of. Just be the best person you can be and help our civilization(s) reach the peak that we will eventually see anyway.

Reincarnation is such a stupid concept. Where do you geniouses think you, yourself, es (it?), und das Über-ich (basically superman) exist?

That's horrible. Why would you deny the natural cycles of life and death and decomposition? When I die I'll be laid to rest deep in the wilderness to decompose naturally.

Your stop existing and the world goes on without you. You wont know what happens after your death since you dont exist anymore

You still don't get a GF.

You become the little girl

You go to a better place and become fertilizer

>hating life
Sounds like you are wasting your reincarnations

Going to have to wait to hear from a non-Brazilian person who has traveled backwards in time.

>Where do you geniouses think you, yourself, es (it?), und das Über-ich (basically superman) exist?

In the same world?

Why something rather than nothing? The same mechanics that brought our conscience into being could very well replicate it again in an entirely new form at an entirely random time.

I don't necessarily believe in reincarnation but it's amusing to chew on the idea every once in awhile.

Death is a meme.

KeK willst it. He needs you to be his fertilizer. Praise Kek.

you are rewarded for your suffering on earth.

Nah I love my life right now, bretty comfy desu, really lucked out this time, but chances are if reincarnation is random most of your lives you'll be born into a shithole and have to go through hell over and over

God I hope so

or maybe whites are the ones that make it to heaven at a much faster rate.

>but it's amusing to chew on the idea every once in awhile.
There is a funny though experiment, which goes something along these lines:
>so there's you
>and we have the technology to replace any (damaged) part of you. Arms, organs, brains, anything.
>so that's just what we'll be doing
>piece for piece we're going to replace you
>all of it
>and the removed pieces? We're going to put them together to a copy of you.

What now, Sup Forums?

Oh sweet delusions

There is much more to Life. That's just a small part of this world world that you experience .

you get ressurected by things from beyond the singularity for various reasons.

THIS. Nothing will grant you, degenerates, an absolution from the nothingness of death, exscept for science and stubbornness of man. Budda, Krishna, Jesus, Allah, Jahve, Thor or Enki - all those cool guys arn't going to help you with that death problem. You're best bet is some scrawny dude in a lab coat somewhere in some research facility. That's how real human deal with problems - invent some shit and make do. Muh faith and sheiit not gonna help you out when you're brain activity stops.

It's hard to swallow this pill but it is true and you will see one day on the other side I was right :)

Life is like a dream. And like some dreams, there's a monster at the end of it.

What made you come to this conclusion?

I have a sort of outside take on reincarnation. Usually the idea is that death is like before you were born...nothingness. Oblivion.
Well, lucky you, that oblivion ended, didn't it? The rules of this universe were arbitrary from your perspective, but you still woke up in it.
So I'm thinking on death, maybe you are gone for a very, very long time, but then you pop up somewhere else. Maybe Earth, but more likely a billion billion miles away, a billion years from now, in a place vastly different from this one. You'll never know who you were before, but in a way you'll still be the same.

yeah, but you can only reincarnate into beings that can house a souls faggot.

Kind of like with cloning, it's all about perspective and what you consider "you", "you".

The less original parts you have of your border, the less "you" you are but I don't have a problem with that. If I could I'd be an aug from Deus Ex in a heartbeat if they could ever perfect it enough to where you don't need (((medication))) to survive on it. My flesh golem can rot in my old meatbag for all that I care as long as I get ultra prosthetics that give me superhuman abilities and immortality.

Just read your question out loud and you'll realize how stupid it is.

>Which is horrifying enough...
Personally I find this to be the most beautiful though. Ever. It's calming. And wonderful.

>inb4 IT ISNT OVER YET!!!
Nooooooooooooooo!! REEEEEEEEEEEEE

And no, I'm not even suicidal, or depresive, or anything the like.

If time is a circle there is no forwards or backwards.

we go back to being God. We go back to having no time, knowing all, having infinite power. Sounds great right? Nope its not, knowing everything becomes boring very quick. Thats why were in this reality. We chose to be here in the first place, but we lose the ability to remember this.

Dunno. I feel like it's got to be something though.
The more I think about it, the more I'm sure there is more to consciousness than synapses firing. I'm here, I'm experiencing this. You're telling me that Chemistry and physics created life, and my existence is just those fucking processes? That's ridiculous, there is no way. I suppose I could be being tricked, but I am spiritual at least.

I like to believe we are reincarnated or go to a heaven, but I really don't know. I don't think anyone, not even the worst sinner deserves hell.

That's pretty much my idea. I refer to it as "Secular Reincarnation" in my mind.

Here are some possibilities:
>you decompose on the spot
>you are burnt up and put on a shelf
>you are buried underground in a wooden box
>your brain is eaten by a wil animal, your neurons get digested to molecules and some are made in the production of germ cells, the animal has intercourse with another one, and makes a baby which technically contains the exact atoms from your brain so it can be said that you've been reincarnated as an baby animal.

Nope. You don't discover anything, you don't get to see what's 5 minutes into the future, you don't get to be conscious any longer
Hope it's not true though t b h

Your consciousness particles explode and fly around like a bird murmuration until they all find new consciousnesses to take part in. They would seek out a brain most similar to the one they were in before and if they ever found one that's identical you would essentially be reborn.

This is what I honestly believe in the best way I can explain it. I don't literally believe in consciousness particles, but there is something on a plane we can't fully perceive that arranges to create our consciousness. I believe that I've always existed and always will, It just takes a physical body to manifest my consciousness on the physical plane. Basically I think people are discovered like a scientific fact, not born. When we die I think we're just forgotten, not lost. Things that are forgotten can always be rediscovered.

Reincarnation is a load of bollox. It started with one cell. Where have the infinite new souls come from for every fly, insect, human etc. If it's reincarnation. It would mean they would have all, already been here. Even if it was just humans the population has gone from thousands to billions.

I studied a lot of futurists, politics and history after being raised in a very religious home. I was taught that we create our own heavens in our mind to later live in later. When you look in the grand scheme of all encompassing things whether it be time, places or absolution - it all comes down to choice.

Literally whatever you imagine already exists somewhere, because possibility is infinite.

Why does the concept of reincarnation need "souls" in order to work? It's like starting a new life but with exactly 0% of your previous lives.

>Kind of like with cloning
no, the question here is when you stop being you (i.e. you omitted the deconstruction part of this experiment), and start becoming your clone. Or do you? At all?

> it's all about perspective and what you consider "you", "you".
Yes. So what is "you"? And where is your fucking soul, in case you assume you've got such a silly thing?

IMHO we live in the perfect time for these kind of questions. While philosophers before our time basically couldn't handle/approach these kind of questions (without going fully spiritual/religious), we now do have the perfect model to reason about such stuff: namely computers (although most people refuse to compare themself to silly/mere gameboys).

>always

to you, you HAVe always existed.

Also, the light at the end of the tunnel everyone sees is your new mother's birth canal.

/thread

Consciousness never ceases by definition, only the ego dies.

Who the fuck wants to be who they are forever? How fucking boring

Humans just die, but all frogs go to heaven.

Think of it like this though, if you know that no matter what happens, you'll just be reborn, that what would be the consequences?

I'd be like an old celt warrior if I knew I could reincarnate

Hell, a fate even worse than death!

Nothing I hope. I'm much too lazy to have an afterlife.

A whole lotta nothin'. Your brain is a squishy analog to RAM in your computer; turn the power off for more than a few minutes and everything that made you who you are is erased. Your memories, thoughts, opinions, beliefs, and tics are all deleted from existence once you die. I'll let you enjoy that prospect.

If they revive you, you get brain damage. I got epilepsy. Yay!