How come virtually all gas pumps are prepay now? What changed in society? Was it niggers?

How come virtually all gas pumps are prepay now? What changed in society? Was it niggers?

Other urls found in this thread:

inc.com/sageworks/why-gas-station-margins-are-razor-thin.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What kind of credit card fraud infested shithole do you live in?

Don't know what you're talking about user. I still pay after they fill the tank like always.

Jersey? Are you expected to tip these people?

You answered your own question.

...Florida.

I guess it's different in states where employees pump your gas. I remember being able to pump your own gas and then go into the station to pay.

thieves come in all colors, but a lot of niggers are thieves

I always wonder this. Fuck them I could do it myself they just wont let me.

I live in South Florida and I don't think I've ever come across one that made me prepay.

if there is a job that does not deserve even minimum wage this is it

why cant you just pump your own gas?

Back in the oughts the price of oil began to rise to unseen levels before peaking in 2008 around $140/barrel. As the price of oil increased so did the price if gasoline and we were paying prices for gasoline that had never been seen before. This caused people who couldn't afford it to simply fill up and drive off without paying. It was a nation wide epidemic and soon every gas station made you prepay if you were using cash.

>niggers
of course that's part of it, it always is

Despite popular wisdom, gas stations on avg. only make about 5 cents/gallon profit per gallon. It's incredibly competitive market. It's the only product that's price becomes a topic of daily discussion, its the only product that's price is openly displayed like it is, it's the only product nearly everyone buys in public on a regular basis. It's why oil companies own a fraction of gas stations compared to years ago. If gas stations actually gouged customers, someone would gladly come in and undercut them and take all their business.

Long-winded point being, if your charging 2.50/gal and making 5 cents profit, if someone steals 1 gallon, you have to sell 50 just to break even, and 2% profit margins don't even pay for upkeep in the first place. Gas stations only make money off overpriced impulse shit inside. So any stolen gas is a pretty big loss.

No.

Prohibited by law.

That was a strong talking point

Do you have some sources on their profit records/yearly earnings.

there's several gas stations by my house that if you come during the day and the attendant can recognize you (aka be white) they'll turn the pump on for you.

Back when gas was 4 or 5 bucks a gallon, drive offs skyrocketed.

Katrina.

unless you're like in a stolen car, i can't see any way you'd get away with it. plus the stations that don't make you prepay are essentially prepay, but they turn the pump on manually for people they recognize. it's a bonus of rural american life.
>select all images of gas stations.

>Prohibited by law.

A retarded law that doesn't even always get followed. I was driving through Oregon last year, where you aren't allowed to pump your own gas. Except at night, when the station is self serve.

inc.com/sageworks/why-gas-station-margins-are-razor-thin.html

Just Google gas station profit margin per gallon

Also bear in mind just setting up the fuel lines and pumps will cost well into the six figures and you have to make that up as well.

Yes go- I mean friend, we don't make much money on gasoline at all! It's only the second most used fluid on earth next to water, and we don't have our hands in that either!

It got more convienant

Don't have to interact with poo in the Lou

The gas station I worked at made $18 million in profits in gas sales for 2015

They're still making a shit ton of money.

>prepay

all the prepay machines over here are "broken"

It didn't make any sense to me either, but lots of people tried to get away with it. Petty criminals aren't exactly bright, though.

Energy companies cut off the retail leg of the business and moved profit into refining.

This created a market in which even small theft of the product required huge sales to make up. Private operators that now run the gas stations took action to stop that theft.

Also police stopped bothering to arrest people that stole gas because the prosecutors couldn't beat the defense of "I forgot to pay".

Also niggers.

Oil companies make a shit load off discovery and refinery, but they don't make shit off retail sales, that's why oil companies don't own gas stations to near the degree that use to, because there's no money in it.

It's also why every small, independent one or one in a ghetto is run by a pander or achmed, largely tax free in their cases, there's no money in it.

How is that possible was this a buccees or something

>What changed in society? Was it niggers?
Yes. That said I find it pretty convenient not to have to go inside and deal with the curry-niggers that run most gas stations around here

Is that gross or net profit? Those are two wildly different things in this case

dog :3

probably some abo was sniffing the petrol and fell out, hit his head on the machine.

Net on the fuel sale in terms of cost of fuel, delivery, taxes, machinery, and associated capital costs.

But merged into each store's overall structure, with the major costs being labor, building/land, property/business taxes.

Drive offs.

But, I use my card so I don't have to go inside, ever.

Plus, I get to save a $1 per gallon when I use my card.

That's just you. It's same as OP for most if not all of Nevada

Years ago, gas prices skyrocketed from about $1/gallon to over $3/gallon, which lead to an increase in people driving off without paying, which lead to stores requiring you to pay before pumping.

$1 per gallon? Nigger, please tell me how

I highly doubt that was the cause. Adjusted for inflation the 1970s had even higher gas prices.

Every gas station I have seen has like 1 pump just for prepay. A week or two back I said fuck it, instead of pulling around I'll just do the prepay. I overestimated how much I needed and basically ended up gifting 1$ to the station. The money meant nothing to me but I was honestly pissed just based on principle alone

yes

lol, if gas stations didn't make money, they wouldn't continue their business. What kind of fucked up Jewry is this?

It was niggers

Not all thieves are niggers, but all niggers are thieves!

I used to work for Visa. Its credit jews. They lobbied the large gas station management companies to do this, and in some places, lobbied local governments to make it a requirement

Buy your food at Kroger.

Kroger. You have to buy enough stuff to do that, but that's never an issue because Kroger sells gift cards. It's money I'd spend anyway.

You can get 35 gallons $1 off when you get enough points, so I fill both my cars at once. I never need to fill up more than twice a month. I doubt if I were filling up every week I'd have enough points, but so far, I've kept up.

I can attest to this. My first job was at a gas station (this was back in 1999) and people drove off all the fucking time.

One incident that sticks out in my mind was when a big ass rv pulled up to the front pumps blocking my view. Everyone behind him drove off without paying (about 5 people). He then flipped us off and drove away.

Yes. It really was that simply. Go to cities with low vibrancy rates and it's still honor system pay afterwards.

It's the old high trust society whites build being ruined by non whites. Every fucking time.

Because The only places that thrive are large national convenience stores because they sell overpriced bags of cheetos and such.

you just go back inside and get your change you dimwit.

>drive up to a pump
>get out
>swipe card
>15 gallons *click*
>$35-40 bucks
>hang up nozzle and leave
--or--
>pull up to pump
>get out
>go to mini mart
>slap two jacksons
>pump so and so please